• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Hello,

is there any setting where I can access other Android phone in MiXplorer when I connect my 2 Android 9 phones with USB-C to USB-C 3.1 cable? Both Android phones have USB 3 port.

Currently only the Android File View appears (this is not an app), but I want to use MiXplorer for this procedure.

I use the current MiXplorer version 6.42.3.

Note: Same problem also with my 2 other Android 10 phones.
You can make direct connection between two Android phones/tablets and transfer data between Android via USB OTG. By using USB OTG, Android phones plugged-in should communicate with each other via MiX.

Mikdac

Jan 26, 2020
You can make direct connection between two Android phones/tablets and transfer data between Android via USB OTG. By using USB OTG, Android phones plugged-in should communicate with each other via MiX.
It's not working for me.

did you try it yourself and does it work for you?

Gokulk66

Mar 19, 2018
Palakkad
Add TAB LOCK FUNCTION PLEASE..

Languages

See List of v6.x language add-ons
If you want to help to translate to your language, send me an email to [email protected]

Hi sir i love this app very much it will be easier to change tabs if you add a lock on different tabs it just allows 1 tab to default pls addd... {If we close the app and come back only will be one tab pls help ... Add 2or more tab lock option thank u}

zo10000

Feb 15, 2012
Cluj
Hi sir i love this app very much it will be easier to change tabs if you add a lock on different tabs it just allows 1 tab to default pls addd... {If we close the app and come back only will be one tab pls help ... Add 2or more tab lock option thank u}
You can save multiple tabs. Open the tabs that you want to save and use the button "save tabs" from the upper left corner, near the tabs. And use the option to save it "now".
Cheers!

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
For information about tabs and other features which you might enjoy discovering, you can check this FAQ post (and others).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/mixplorer-faq-how-to-user-manual-t3308582/post65157342

Last edited:

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
It's not working for me.

did you try it yourself and does it work for you?
Yes. Not every Android device supports USB OTG; it’s something the manufacturer has to enable. If you find out your phone isn’t compatible when you use USB OTG Checker, this unfortunately won’t work for you. Please note that MiXplorer has a built-in custom driver for USB OTG under settings if you haven't utilized that feature.

Last edited:

zigbye82

Nov 21, 2013
Possibly a pro feature or a bug. You can try the 'ol method of clearing cache first and then the data/storage to see if that rectifies your issue. In addition, press and hold on the file, select properties to see if you view the metadata.
Thanks. Now it shows detail on sdcard but not internal memory. The metadata is there. Any more suggestions?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Possibly a pro feature or a bug. You can try the 'ol method of clearing cache first and then the data/storage to see if that rectifies your issue. In addition, press and hold on the file, select properties to see if you view the metadata.
If it were a pro feature (that is functioning properly) I don't think it would look the way it does in the provided screenshot, described in more detail in my previous post.

[EDIT] LOL, the supposed previous post is still in an editor field on my computer having never been posted, but it was about the possibilities of the following (which might be flushed out by our suggestions to look at more details of the files):

- Problematic files not of jpg format named as jpg?
- Problematic files have non-typical image attributes or file properties?

.. compared to non problematic files.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Thanks. Now it shows detail on sdcard but not internal memory. The metadata is there. Any more suggestions?
... Did you see a change in behavior after installing Silver or after doing something else? If you saw a change in behavior after installing Silver this gets weird because; if Silver was required to show those attributes why then would some of the files show the extra attributes well some don't... Unless we come back to the possibility that the files may, in spite of the file extension, be of different type and that those two file types are handled differently in Silver.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Try this.
Is it consistent with the provided screenshot (showing files of same type - some of which have the issue and some of which don't) that this setting would have an effect? If so, I'm not understanding how it is related.

EDIT OK, upon further review I see where you are headed. Not only do the problematic files not show the dimensions, but they also failed to show other details.

So something is preventing all the details from showing for those files, but how does that relate to custom date?

Also, the the different behavior of files of same apparent type is still not answered and brings me back to the idea that they may be different file types than the extension indicates, or something like that.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I got curious about @zigbye82's issue with file details but have rarely enabled the "more details" feature and so this became an excuse to explore it. I tested viewing image files on internal and external SD on 4 devices with different combinations of MiX components:

MiX XDA 6.42.3 with all plug-ins including "Image", LOS 14, Magisk
MiX Silver with it's native plug-ins (Archiver, SMB2, Image, Tagger, Metadata and PDF) and Autotag, LOS 15, LOS SU
MiX XDA 6.42.3 with Image plugin, LOS 14, LOS SU.
MiX XDA 6.42.3 with all plug-ins including "Image", LOS 15 Magisk

In all cases when "More details" was enabled the file details, including dimensions, were displayed correctly for all tested jpg, bmp and gif files (a few hundred) on internal and external SD of all 4 devices.

I'm now even more curious about the real details of the problematic files, or any pattern such as them all being in one location as well as various permissions. This might be worth logging: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65157367&postcount=7

Also, @zigbye82, would it be possible for you to share one of the problematic files?

gdgsdg123

Nov 10, 2017
I tried it, won't help.

So something is preventing all the details from showing for those files, but how does that relate to custom date?
A blind guess that didn't hit...

I once believed that it was caused by the relative (default) datetime format, but further testing confirmed that it's not (at least not the main cause).

Also, @zigbye82, would it be possible for you to share one of the problematic files?
I believe the issue is file independent, as I can reproduce it by copying an existed JPG file (working with "detailed_view_extra") to the original directory ("Keep both").

zigbye82

Nov 21, 2013
I got curious about @zigbye82's issue with file details but have rarely enabled the "more details" feature and so this became an excuse to explore it. I tested viewing image files on internal and external SD on 4 devices with different combinations of MiX components:

MiX XDA 6.42.3 with all plug-ins including "Image", LOS 14, Magisk
MiX Silver with it's native plug-ins (Archiver, SMB2, Image, Tagger, Metadata and PDF) and Autotag, LOS 15, LOS SU
MiX XDA 6.42.3 with Image plugin, LOS 14, LOS SU.
MiX XDA 6.42.3 with all plug-ins including "Image", LOS 15 Magisk

In all cases when "More details" was enabled the file details, including dimensions, were displayed correctly for all tested jpg, bmp and gif files (a few hundred) on internal and external SD of all 4 devices.

I'm now even more curious about the real details of the problematic files, or any pattern such as them all being in one location as well as various permissions. This might be worth logging: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65157367&postcount=7

If move the file from internal storage to sdcard the details show up.
I dont think its the files as i tried with different files. Maybe a permission problem?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I believe the issue is file independent, as I can reproduce it by copying an existed JPG file (working with "detailed_view_extra") to the original directory ("Keep both").
Ahh. +1. Same result immediately after similar tests as yours once each on internal and external SD.

... then ran "refresh media store" and left the device untouched for a while, after which the details including dimension were properly displayed for the copied file in both cases. On External SD it took a while, until after scan. On Internal SD it was instant upon refresh of view without scan.

If move the file from internal storage to sdcard the details show up.
I dont think its the files as i tried with different files. Maybe a permission problem?
Indeed, as you, @gdgsdg123 and the details you provided indicate, not a problem with the files themselves but possibly with the media scanning functions (media library) on the device and or its interaction with MiX, with possible variations based on internal/external SD or permissions as you said.

Try this: While viewing some files which lack the details: long press location (path in top bar) > tap refresh media store, wait 5-10 minutes (depends on age/speed of device and # of files). If you still don't see the details then the delay caused by the media library scan is not the issue even though it may make the issue harder to investigate. In any event Log Log Log.

Also Nota Bene: Android media scanning and MTP USB connections to computers do not play well together. It's not advisable to test this stuff while connected directly to a computer by USB unless in charging only mode.

[EDIT] Tried to reproduce and this time merely refreshing the view restored details even on external SD so media library theory might be junk but it is still worth trying to refresh the library.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone