[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

simonbellu

Mar 21, 2014
I don't know what you mean by "choose copy in clipboard", there is only save (like export) option.
Sure, I've attached the log to my post # #34,598
I thought there was a share option and then the android bottomsheet for choosing the activity like save as or copy to clipboard...
Anyway I looked at the log and someting is wrong with the intent that create the file...
The intent do not recognize properly the mimetype of the file and set the type to application/octet-stream. For this reason it auto adds the .a extension...

Cannot understand if the intent is created by mix or by the app you are using...pheraphs trying using another file manager (not the stock) could be helpful for comparison...

Reactions: pocketrule

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
I thought there was a share option and then the android bottomsheet for choosing the activity like save as or copy to clipboard...
Anyway I looked at the log and someting is wrong with the intent that create the file...
The intent do not recognize properly the mimetype of the file and set the type to application/octet-stream. For this reason it auto adds the .a extension...

Cannot understand if the intent is created by mix or by the app you are using...pheraphs trying using another file manager (not the stock) could be helpful for comparison...
The file which is attached to the entry it's on the original format while it's inside the app. Whenever I try to save it via MiXplorer adds a .a extension. With stock file manager the export is fine. I installed Solid Explorer file manager but this does not even appear as option to choose. I am confused too that's what I said to dev of KeePassDX. He told me that it's MiXplorer behavior. Check on github here.
(I took a photo and not screenshot because the app for security reason has disable screenshots inside the app 😜 )

Attachments

simonbellu

Mar 21, 2014
The file which is attached to the entry it's on the original format while it's inside the app. Whenever I try to save it via MiXplorer adds a .a extension. With stock file manager the export is fine. I installed Solid Explorer file manager but this does not even appear as option to choose. I am confused too that's what I said to dev of KeePassDX. He told me that it's MiXplorer behavior. Check on github here.
(I took a photo and not screenshot because the app for security reason has disable screenshots inside the app 😜 )
Thank you I had checked before the issue you wrote to the github project page. I think HootanParsa will for sure fix the issue if it is from mixplorer side... I should check the code of this app since it is on Github...pheraphs I will look into it just because i am curios about that ...

EDIT: I checked the app source code and the code for create document is Here

It seems that the intent to create a document sets as default the type application/octet-stream. Unfortunately the code is written in kotlin and not in java and i am not used to kotlin, only to java even if they are very similar but the link will be useful to HootanParsa so he can fast look into it...

Last edited:

Donaldrum

Oct 15, 2016
Rome
Hi, I have a samsung Pie rom. I noticed that the app is really slow to load the home screens, like SDCard. It takes 6 or 7 seconds! an eternity when you are in a hurry or you have to enter several times. I tried an old version and it is much faster, even in less than 1 second it opens everything! Why all this difference? Can anything be done? Thanks

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
Hi, I have a samsung Pie rom. I noticed that the app is really slow to load the home screens, like SDCard. It takes 6 or 7 seconds! an eternity when you are in a hurry or you have to enter several times. I tried an old version and it is much faster, even in less than 1 second it opens everything! Why all this difference? Can anything be done? Thanks
Look for Setting like "show thumbnail", "live counting". Disable. Report.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
You could take logs for the older version and for the new slow version and share them (both) here, so that the developer could check them.

Donaldrum

Oct 15, 2016
Rome
it doesn't make me attach the log files to the xda app.
yes, the new app...
Can you try it to upload with a browser?
For me, especially on my mobile device, the browser is much faster as the app (and should normally provide full functionality including upload)
I tried with 2 browsers always the same problem. Only photos I can attach. I have to try from the pc.

Donaldrum

Oct 15, 2016
Rome
yes, the new app...
Can you try it to upload with a browser?
For me, especially on my mobile device, the browser is much faster as the app (and should normally provide full functionality including upload)
I took a look at the log. The first thing I noticed is that the old version sees my Stericson busybox, while the new one doesn't. It was running slow with Osmosys busybox too, so I think even that doesn't detect it. So I think it's for busybox support for what I can understand.

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
@HootanParsa

Further to my previous posts:

#34,372
#34,398
#34,506

Can you please configure the media libraries on the Sidebar to NOT scan/ display files from folders that have .nomedia file in them.

The libraries are also listing files from the Android/ data folder on my device running on Android 8.0. Please fix this.

I'm using the latest builds (Stable 6.50.1 & Beta 6.51.0).

Thanks.

EDIT: I see that the media libraries ignore/ exclude hidden folders (whose name start with a dot) and the files contained within such folders.

It may not always be practical to hide a particular folder. So recognising a .nomedia file for the purpose of excluding folders from scanning (and hiding the contents of such folders) becomes important.
It's a system issue. They're not scanned by MiXplorer.