[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

smart_sudeep

Feb 11, 2017
Biratnagar
@HootanParsa #Suggestion
1. Apk preview page "open" option can be moved to the top with the App Title instead of 'open'. and that title can be made clickable as open function.

2. Backup or copy of split apks is not supported still. While copying or using backup feature from App list only base.apk is copied as it doesn't recognize the split apks. Please add support for the copy/backup of the split apks too.

3. If the device is not rooted or root permission not granted, app data backup is not possible, so in this condition instead of backup as .mib, simple backup as .apk or .apks format would be appreciated.

4. Support for .apkm format too, which is now unencrypted format.
Any consideration for these?

JimBe24c

Apr 2, 2019
Hi guys, I'm new here. I guess I post Mixplorer bug reports to this thread,

I downloaded a PDF to my Android Download folder but Mixplorer's menu option "Recent" doesn't show it even if I drag down on the Recent screen to refresh.

If I rename the file from sun-rise-set-duration.pdf to sunrise sunset durations.pdf then Recent correctly shows it.

Seems like a bug. I am using Mixplorer version 6.50.1.B21011710 on Android 10.

If it's of interest, this is the file: http://individual.utoronto.ca/kalendis/twilight/sun-rise-set-durations.pdf

Last edited:

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Hi guys, I'm new here. I guess I post Mixplorer bug reports to this thread,

I downloaded a PDF to my Android Download folder but Mixplorer's "Recent" doesn't show it even if I drag down on the Recent screen to refresh.

When I rename the file from sun-rise-set-duration.pdf to sunrise sunset durations.pdf then Recent correctly shows it.

Seems like a bug. I using Mixplorer version 6.50.1.B21011710 on Android 10.

If you're interested, this is the file here: http://individual.utoronto.ca/kalendis/twilight/sun-rise-set-durations.pdf
This is Android Media Scanner bug. Google should fix this. Try running the media scanner app I linked in the post above yours.

JimBe24c

Apr 2, 2019
This is Android Media Scanner bug. Google should fix this. Try running the media scanner app I linked in the post above yours.
I will try the media Scanner although I noticed Solid Explorer could find my file in its "Recent" option when Mixplorer couldn't.

Am I supposed to run Media Scanner each time I want to use Mixplorer???

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
I will try the media Scanner although I noticed Solid Explorer could find my file in its "Recent" option when Mixplorer couldn't.

A bug with the Android Media Scanner should affect all apps that rely on it. I'm surprised Solid Explorer shows the file but not MiXplorer. Although I have had a similar problem on my previous device where Solid Explorer wouldn't show the recent files correctly, but FX would. At that time I thought it was a bug with Solid Explorer.

Ideally, there should be no need to force run the media scanner because it is supposed to work properly. But occasionally when it doesn't, a force run helps.

You shouldn't have to run it each time you download a file or make some change in the file system. But if Solid Explorer consistently shows the files correctly and MiXplorer doesn't, you should stick with Solid Explorer for the time being, until a solution to this problem is found.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
You are discussing to make something good worse. More options, better. This feature was implemented after another discussion because of accidental drags happening all the time. Can't see a reason to change this, then someone else will cry and ask to HootanParsa bring it back.
I think there may have been some misinterpretation (or lack of clarity on my part). Also, the discussion had gone round in several circles even before I took it on another one so, To clarify: I agree, more options are better and I was one of the people who did not like the accidental drag drops when that setting was initially implemented. I love the ability to disable the dragdrop setting and cant believe I forgot about it. I hope it can forgive me for forgetting about it: :D

As to today's miscommunication; At first I forgot about the existing "Sort by icon" setting so I suggested adding it as if it was new but with a different name. After remembering that it already existed I corrected the post. So, to the original question: There is already a way to complete freeze bookmarks with the existing settings, and other than creating confusion by forgetting the "Sort by icon" setting, the only thing I have suggested is changing the setting description from "Sort by icon" to "Order by icon" (with no change in function).

Last edited:

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017

File Managers used for testing:

1. Cx
2. File Manager+
3. FX
4. Solid Explorer
5. MiXplorer
6. FE File Explorer
7. Stock File Manager

Here is what I did to test:

T1. Created a TEST folder.
T2. Took a couple of screenshots and moved those files to this TEST folder (basically created a couple of new files).

These files showed up under Recent Files, ALL Files as well as under Image library in all file manager apps mentioned above.

T3. Created a .nomedia file inside the TEST folder. Now the two screenshots should NOT show up anywhere: Recent Files, All Files, and Images library.

Apps that PASSED this test:

1. Cx
2. File Manager+
3. Solid Explorer
4. FE File Explorer
5. Stock File Manager

Apps that PARTIALLY PASSED this test:

1. FX: The files don't show up in the Images library, but continue to show up under Recent files. However, you only see a generic icon without preview. Ideally, it shouldn't show up at all.

Apps that FAILED this test completely:

1. MiXplorer :cry:

The two files show up everywhere. The only way to hide them is by renaming the TEST folder. Once the folder is renamed, the files disappear everywhere.

T4. Created another screenshot (new file) and moved it to the TEST folder. Exact same behaviour as above. On MiXplorer, you have to repeat the process of renaming the folder to make it disappear!

Test 2:

T5. Deleted the .nomedia file.

Expected Outcome: Files inside the TEST folder should now show up under Image library, Recent files and All files.

Apps that PASSED the 2nd test:

1. Cx
2. File Manager+

In both these apps, the screenshots show up in Recent Files as well as in the Image library.

Apps that PARTIALLY PASSED the 2nd test:

1. FX: The Recents section now shows the preview for the files. But the folder doesn't show up in the Images library.

Apps that FAILED the 2nd test completely:

1. Solid Explorer (the files neither show up under Recent Files nor do they appear in the Photos library)
2. FE File Explorer (folder doesn't show up in the Image library)
3. MiXplorer (no change since it didn't hide the files in the 1st place)
4. Stock File Manager (files don't show up under Recent Files)

After running the Media Rescan app, all apps passed the test. The files show up under Image library, Recent Files and All Files. MiXplorer continues to fail the 1st test though where the folder must be renamed to hide the files, and it has to be done every time a new file is added to keep the new file hidden.

So yeah, this doesn't seem to be a bug with just the Android Media Scanner (if at all it is at fault) alone.

@HootanParsa

You have something to fix here.

Last edited:

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
@HootanParsa

Fabulous work!!

Since version 6.50.1 (possibly 6.50.0) we can no longer edit (or delete) bookmarks by swiping them.

Is there a workaround until this can be fixed?

Is there a bookmarks folder somewhere where a text file can be edited? (I think that's likely, but I can't find anything -- for example at /data/data/com.mixplorer which seems to hold most things related to MiXPlorer configuration).

I fear bookmarks may be hiding in /data/data/com.mixplorer/databases/data.db in which case some kind of editor (SQLite?) would likely be needed.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

UPDATE / SOLUTION:

In my haste I apparently told my client (or perhaps he heard it that way!) to swipe the icon of the bookmark and left him to it. When I again (more carefully) watched him do it a second time a few moments ago I saw the error.

I have just installed 6.50.1 on two other devices. I am happy to confirm swipe-edit/deleting bookmarks works fine when swiping the text of the bookmark!

Question still pending:

Where are bookmarks stored? Can they be edited in another way.

Related:

Are bookmarks in the file /data/data/com.mixplorer/databases/data.db ? Can bookmarks be shared by copying this file to another device?

Last edited:

simonbellu

Mar 21, 2014
@HootanParsa
Hootan please here is another FC I get when resuming mix:
I/MiX> RESUMED
E/
########### FC #################################################################################
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Couldn't read row 0, col 4 from CursorWindow. Make sure the Cursor is initialized correctly before accessing data from it.

Scenario to reproduce it. I opened a folder in Mix then putting mix in background for open another file manager. From the other file manager opened the same folder that was opened in mix and deleted some images inside that folder..then resuming mix getting FC.

About Media Store issue, I do not know if I am saying something nonsense but is it possible that mix "Delete" function do not properly refresh the Media Store? I have to test more but until now I deleted the images from my telegram folder always using Mix and after that they are always wrong listed in all files or recent files bookmark... Made a little test deleting those files with another file manager then those deleted files are not listed in mix all files and recent bookmarks, that means the Media Store was properly updated...
Pheraps you could check this.
Thank you.

Reactions: pocketrule

EuK_V

Jul 1, 2020
@HootanParsa

Fabulous work!!

Since version 6.50.1 (possibly 6.50.0) we can no longer edit (or delete) bookmarks by swiping them.

Is there a bookmarks folder somewhere where a text file can be edited? (I think that's likely, but I can't find anything -- for example at /data/data/com.mixplorer which seems to hold most things related to MiXPlorer configuration).

I fear bookmarks may be hiding in /data/data/com.mixplorer/databases/data.db in which case some kind of editor (SQLite?) would likely be needed.

UPDATE / SOLUTION:

In my haste I apparently told my client (or perhaps he heard it that way!) to swipe the icon of the bookmark and left him to it. When I again (more carefully) watched him do it a second time a few moments ago I saw the error.

I have just installed 6.50.1 on two other devices. I am happy to confirm swipe-edit/deleting bookmarks works fine when swiping the text of the bookmark!

Question still pending:

Related:

Are bookmarks in the file /data/data/com.mixplorer/databases/data.db ? Can bookmarks be shared by copying this file to another device?
Bookmarks can be exported.
Tap "Bookmarks Menu" icon, then "Export", choose location and tap "Save" Bookmarks will be exported into a .mic file, which you can import on another device by tapping on it, then "Import".

simonbellu

Mar 21, 2014
@HootanParsa

Fabulous work!!

UPDATE / SOLUTION:

Question still pending:

Related:

Yes bookmarks are also stored in data.db but you can export bookmarks as .mic from the bookmark menu and then importing it to another device simply by click that .mic file in mixplorer and choose import from the popup menu.

Pheraps you could read also the FAQ thread for all the others detailed instructions about exporting/importing bookmarks or settings in Mix

Edit: Poster before me was faster than me and we wrote the post at the same time...So you got 2 answers for the same question :)

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Under 'All Files', the .nomedia file itself never showed up, but the media libraries (Image & Video) were showing files from folders that had the .nomedia file in them.

Strangely, if I rename the folder containing the .nomedia file to something else, contents of that folder disappear from the libraries (like they should). And they remain that way (hidden) even if I rename the folder back to its original name.

Could this be Android Media Store issue? Changing folder name forces a rescan, which then recognizes the presence of .nomedia file.

However, do note that I tried modifying those folders earlier by adding .noscan, .nopreview, .novideo files, but they made no difference. I think the Android media scanner only scanned for new files at that time. But with folder name change, it seems the scanner ran a full rescan of the folder, which then recognized the presence of .nomedia file in it.

Please also note that I also ran the 'Refresh Media Store' function from within MiXplorer, and that too did NOT make any difference.

In short, the only thing that worked is renaming the folder, and (optionally) renaming it again back to the original name.
Then the Android media scanner is lazy. Maybe you need to restart your system. By renaming the parent folder, the older directory will be removed from the media store and it will scan the new folder.
Edit: Sorry, there is no way to remove them from the result fast.
I use my device as a media player. i.e. stereo system in my car. In addition to all the recorded songs I have on my device, I also use my device as a MIDI player (which is basically a file of the notated song, played by software generated musicians). As such, these MIDI files are not what I want to listen to while I am driving; in the worst case it sounds like a kareoke backing track. eg. I may have a song like "Killing in the name of" which is great to listen to as recorded by the band, but the instrumental version played by virtual instruments is a bit naf and has no singing etc etc. My problem is that the media scanner marks all the MIDI files as MUSIC, and hence gets scheduled to be played by my music player. I have a boot script that mods the media db to map the MIDI files out of music. I can still play them explicitly. I also use the same technique for when the media scanner marks a custom ringtone or alert etc as music or even a video as music. I have about 8 "rules" that clears my media db into something useful, based on file type and its location.

Last edited:

Thebear j koss

Oct 24, 2012
NYC
www.designrifts.com
File Managers used for testing:

1. Cx
2. File Manager+
3. FX
4. Solid Explorer
5. MiXplorer
6. FE File Explorer
7. Stock File Manager

Here is what I did to test:

T1. Created a TEST folder.
T2. Took a couple of screenshots and moved those files to this TEST folder (basically created a couple of new files).

These files showed up under Recent Files, ALL Files as well as under Image library in all file manager apps mentioned above.

T3. Created a .nomedia file inside the TEST folder. Now the two screenshots should NOT show up anywhere: Recent Files, All Files, and Images library.

Apps that PASSED this test:

1. Cx
2. File Manager+
3. Solid Explorer
4. FE File Explorer
5. Stock File Manager

Apps that PARTIALLY PASSED this test:

1. FX: The files don't show up in the Images library, but continue to show up under Recent files. However, you only see a generic icon without preview. Ideally, it shouldn't show up at all.

Apps that FAILED this test completely:

1. MiXplorer :cry:

The two files show up everywhere. The only way to hide them is by renaming the TEST folder. Once the folder is renamed, the files disappear everywhere.

T4. Created another screenshot (new file) and moved it to the TEST folder. Exact same behaviour as above. On MiXplorer, you have to repeat the process of renaming the folder to make it disappear!

Test 2:

T5. Deleted the .nomedia file.

Expected Outcome: Files inside the TEST folder should now show up under Image library, Recent files and All files.

Apps that PASSED the 2nd test:

1. Cx
2. File Manager+

In both these apps, the screenshots show up in Recent Files as well as in the Image library.

Apps that PARTIALLY PASSED the 2nd test:

1. FX: The Recents section now shows the preview for the files. But the folder doesn't show up in the Images library.

Apps that FAILED the 2nd test completely:

1. Solid Explorer (the files neither show up under Recent Files nor do they appear in the Photos library)
2. FE File Explorer (folder doesn't show up in the Image library)
3. MiXplorer (no change since it didn't hide the files in the 1st place)
4. Stock File Manager (files don't show up under Recent Files)

After running the Media Rescan app, all apps passed the test. The files show up under Image library, Recent Files and All Files. MiXplorer continues to fail the 1st test though where the folder must be renamed to hide the files, and it has to be done every time a new file is added to keep the new file hidden.

So yeah, this doesn't seem to be a bug with just the Android Media Scanner (if at all it is at fault) alone.

@HootanParsa

You have something to fix here.
Simple fix. Go to settings--->More Settings--->update media store is checked like my screen. Ran same test you did with Mix and passes with flying colors
Screenshot_20210122-004732.jpg

Reactions: pocketrule

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Simple fix. Go to settings--->More Settings--->update media store is checked like my screen. Ran same test you did with Mix and passes with flying colorsView attachment 5195027
Update Media Store was already checked for me (it is checked by default) before the tests I did.

Even the manual Refresh Media Store function within MiXplorer doesn't help at the moment.

Reactions: J.Michael

pigliang

Aug 23, 2015
a problem about samba: if i move a file which is on pc from document 1 to doucument 2, both documents are on the same pc hard drive partition, it will finish immediately while using pc. but if i do the same thing through mixplorer on mobilephone, the moving speed seems telling me the file is moved from document1 to the mobilephone first and then moved from the mobilephone to document2. how to solve it?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
a problem about samba: if i move a file which is on pc from document 1 to doucument 2, both documents are on the same pc hard drive partition, it will finish immediately while using pc. but if i do the same thing through mixplorer on mobilephone, the moving speed seems telling me the file is moved from document1 to the mobilephone first and then moved from the mobilephone to document2. how to solve it?
I was actually surprised that it operates the other way (ie how you expected) for me.