[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Hello
I have a problem not directly related to mixplorer
It is that when I open pdf files in xodo pdf reader from SD card on huawei tablet mediapad m6 ,the pdf files doesn't have write permissions
While if I opened pdf files on SD card from Inside xodo file manager then I have write permissions

I wrote to xodo team and they replied that xodo need to be integrated into miplorer to have write permissions

Although I have write permissions on SD card pdf files when I open them on mobile running Android 11 custom.rom

As in screenshot

Hope you can help
the problem I face it on mediapad m6 huawei tablet running Android 10

Attachments

EuK_V

Jul 1, 2020
Changelog

v6.52.0_B21021710
• Added custom document provider.
• Optimized performance on SD card.
• Optimized loading thumbnails over network.
• Improved to edit media tags over local network.
@HootanParsa
Hi, I'm still unable to edit tags over the local network.
I tested several different files and got different behavior and errors.

Audio:
Editing .mp3 got no errors, temporary file was created, no change in tag in the original file.
Editing .m4a and .ogg MiX just hung, temporary file was created, no change in tag in the original file.
Video:
Editing .mp4, .3gp got the "Bad file descriptor" error.

Editing tags of all these files in the Internal storage works fine.

Attachments

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
@HootanParsa
Hi, I'm still unable to edit tags over the local network.
I tested several different files and got different behavior and errors.

Audio:
Editing .mp3 got no errors, temporary file was created, no change in tag in the original file.
Editing .m4a and .ogg MiX just hung, temporary file was created, no change in tag in the original file.
Video:

Editing tags of all these files in the Internal storage works fine.
Thank you. Please try the new build and tell me the result.

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
Hello
I have a problem not directly related to mixplorer
It is that when I open pdf files in xodo pdf reader from SD card on huawei tablet mediapad m6 ,the pdf files doesn't have write permissions
While if I opened pdf files on SD card from Inside xodo file manager then I have write permissions

I wrote to xodo team and they replied that xodo need to be integrated into miplorer to have write permissions

Although I have write permissions on SD card pdf files when I open them on mobile running Android 11 custom.rom

As in screenshot

Hope you can help
the problem I face it on mediapad m6 huawei tablet running Android 10
Hi,
MiXplorer provider generates a content URI for any file in any storage and sends it to the other apps and they can simply read it or write to it. (If there is any bug related, please let me know).
An example URI: 'content://com.mixplorer.file/1525095808!/ebooks/sample.pdf'
Some apps query that URI to get the file path to read it but they don't have Write permission. And MiX cannot do anything about it.
They probably expect to get a path from a copy of that file saved in a temporary folder. I think it's unnecessary.
Anyway in the recent versions of Android they cannot have access to the data folders too.

Last edited:

EuK_V

Jul 1, 2020
Thank you. Please try the new build and tell me the result.
Tested the same types of files again:
No changes with the .mp3: got no errors, temporary file was created, no change in tag in the original file. The tag changes are in the copy.
Editing .m4a got no errors, the .old file was created, changes took place in the original file. The .old file remains.
Editing .ogg got no errors, the .old file was created, couldn't check if the changes took place, because after first attempt to edit tags I get the "not supported" error.
No changes with video files:

Attachments

Last edited:

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Is anybody else NOT getting alerts for new posts in this thread ?

It is really annoying, I check the thread even without alerts when the last post in my list of subscriptions is recent but then I find there are several pages of posts and it's hard finding where the new posts started.

I'm talking about the 'alert' section in the web site using a browser, bell icon.

And only happens with this thread specifically, others do get the alerts.

EuK_V

Jul 1, 2020

It is really annoying, I check the thread even without alerts when the last post in my list of subscriptions is recent but then I find there are several pages of posts and it's hard finding where the new posts started.

I'm talking about the 'alert' section in the web site using a browser, bell icon.

It happens randomly for me. Sometimes I don't even receive alerts when someone replies to my post...

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Hi,
MiXplorer provider generates a content URI for any file in any storage and sends it to the other apps and they can simply read it or write to it. (If there is any bug related, please let me know).

Thx for reply
Just what I noticed is that in my mobile device running Android 11 custom rom ,when I open pdf file on SD card from mixplorer In xodo ,,it has write permission

But when I open a pdf file on SD card from mixplorer In xodo in huawei mediapad m6 tablet running Android 10 ,,I don't have write permission

So now xodo and mixplorer
On Android 11 in my mobile no problem
On Android 10 on mediapad m6 tablet there is write permission not granted

So I don't know.is it a problem.of hauwei tablet or xodo or mixplorer

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015

Since you are using the web browser version, I can certainly recommend to use the "watched" section in the header. Any new posts in watched threads or threads you participated will show up in bold and takes you right to the newest post(s).
I don't use the alerts bell at all, works like a charm.
And like this you won't miss a thing of this great app ;)
Cheers

simonbellu

Mar 21, 2014

You are right, I always made a refresh also on start for this reason. Just to ssy that pheraphs you have missed the little button "Jump to new" under the page number navigation, and also a little label "New" on all the new posts so even if alerts are buggy there is no problem to find the starting point...at least on the mobile site version as showed in the attached pictures. Sorry for OT

Attachments

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
No, I don't, sorry, but my English is not very good. I meant print size according to display size, not identical. Let's say the current print size corresponds to a display size of 20, then if this value is changed to 10, the print size would be half.
I think part of the problem is nomenclature. I expect Font Size to mean character size on paper. To make the display easier to read, I look for Zoom.

I am using Version: 6.51.0-BETA B21011920. If you can trust the Print Preview, Font size has no effect on paper. It looks like I would get 64 lines per page, which seems reasonable to me. (I also expect a page to be 11 inches long/tall, so make of that what you will.)
If you see very large characters on paper, there must have been a change in Mixplorer.

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
... use the "watched" section ...
Thanks, yes, I already do, that's how I found out alerts are not working, in fact. But nothing stands out, no bold font. I have to check myself the date and time of the last post and remember if I have seen it already before or not -- also annoying.

Sorry for OT ...
Thanks. Not off-topic, it is a very specific problem with this thread, so I can't think of any other place more appropriate than this to ask about it. ( At least this is not happening to me on any other thread I follow. )

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Since you are using the web browser version, I can certainly recommend to use the "watched" section in the header. Any new posts in watched threads or threads you participated will show up in bold and takes you right to the newest post(s).
I don't use the alerts bell at all, works like a charm.
...snip...
Thanks, yes, I already do, that's how I found out alerts are not working, in fact. But nothing stands out, no bold font. I have to check myself the date and time of the last post and remember if I have seen it already before or not -- also annoying.

Thanks. Not off-topic, it is a very specific problem with this thread, so I can't think of any other place more appropriate than this to ask about it. ( At least this is not happening to me on any other thread I follow. )
Mine is a little off topic...
I use the desktop web interface, and the bold is really hard to differentiate on my screen.

The method I use (within watchd threads) is that the newest posts appear at the top of the list, AND when you move the mouse cursor over the thread title. in the bottom left of the status bar of my browser (Chrome), the URL ends with ".../unread"

The only problem is that there also is a bug where sometimes (not very often) it still jumps me to the OP of that thread, and I have to manually jump to the last page or so. But i have never seen where there is not a new post on the thread.

ummm... and I also use this technique on this thread... (he says in a wild swing to appear OT...)

BrahmaGandhi

Feb 12, 2018
The next time when you are pretty sure that there is a bug, please share the log file. I've asked you multiple times before and you ignored.
Anyway your report was false. When I change default options in new versions of MiX specially BETA and you don't like them, you can just change them to what you like. That's not a bug.
wait, first of all i did not receive reply notif within app nor email notif from xda or maybe i just missed it, im sorry then.
secondly, maybe i use the wrong word 'bug' to determined my 'issue', so i apologize. actually i wasnt sure 100% until other user had some kind of 'issue'. and for the default option you mentioned, in my situation i mostly install the version update on top of previous version or import the saved .mic file which i never enabled the 'undo' option. and it was not just the .recycle (deleted contents) issue bt also the move file/folder operation e.g. internal to usbdrive which also will created .recycle folder..with 'undo' setting always disabled. never had kind of that issue with previously versions. honestly it was not a big deal for me as i know it would be fixed on new update, likewise. and sure it is fixed with latest Beta. sorry for long words, i need to explain the case and situation to avoid missunderstanding. thank you dev!

Reactions: J.Michael

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
Tested the same types of files again:
No changes with the .mp3: got no errors, temporary file was created, no change in tag in the original file. The tag changes are in the copy.
Editing .m4a got no errors, the .old file was created, changes took place in the original file. The .old file remains.
Editing .ogg got no errors, the .old file was created, couldn't check if the changes took place, because after first attempt to edit tags I get the "not supported" error.
No changes with video files:
Thank you. It seems there are too many requests and server is blocking the file. You probably cannot rename or delete that file anymore. When it happens, make a copy of your file in server and delete the old one. I will work on it later.

Last edited: