[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

caladan1

Oct 17, 2018
I didn't check out the latest version: was that Metadata issue solved? The Metadata property (image resolution) from Properties popup has been removed recently.

It's important to see the exact resolution of an image. The actual Metadata option from menu displays zero for images without EXIF.

drcouzelis

Jan 22, 2019
Can you please look into this bug / unexpected behavior? Thank you very much! :)

DESCRIPTION: Adding files or folders to an EncFS folder on an external SD card causes the folder to be unable to be opened anymore.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. On the external SD card (not "Internal storage")...
  2. Add -> EncFS 1.7.4
  3. Enter the name -> "enc-new"
  4. Enter the key -> <key>
  5. Open the new encrypted folder, enter the key to decrypt...
  6. Copy a file into the encrypted folder.
  7. Menu -> Logout
  8. Attempting to open the encrypted folder again fails with the following message:
Code:
error:1e00006a:Cipher
functions:OPENSSL_internal:DATA_NOT_MULTIPLE_OF_BLOCK_LENGTH
Using Termux I can now see an unencrypted 0-byte file with the same name as the file I copied in the encrypted folder. If I delete the 0-byte file, I am now able to access the encrypted folder in MiXplorer as expected.

ABOUT:
MiXplorer: 6.51.7-Silver B21020781
Android: 8.1.0
Root: Yes, Magisk

Please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you!

Attachments

marciozomb13

Apr 30, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Can you please look into this bug / unexpected behavior? Thank you very much! :)

DESCRIPTION: Adding files or folders to an EncFS folder on an external SD card causes the folder to be unable to be opened anymore.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  2. Add -> EncFS 1.7.4
  7. Menu -> Logout
  8. Attempting to open the encrypted folder again fails with the following message:
Code:
Using Termux I can now see an unencrypted 0-byte file with the same name as the file I copied in the encrypted folder. If I delete the 0-byte file, I am now able to access the encrypted folder in MiXplorer as expected.

ABOUT:

That's i call a perfect bug report! Great job!

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  2. Add -> EncFS 1.7.4
  7. Menu -> Logout
Code:

ABOUT:

Thank you very much. It is fixed in new BETA.

JPRO-C89

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to disable the thumbs in network folders only SMB etc?(not the toggle to disable all thumbs) if not is it possible to add this feature? In a smb folder full of movies this can saturate the bandwidth on slow wifi.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Is there a way to disable the thumbs in network folders only SMB etc?(not the toggle to disable all thumbs) if not is it possible to add this feature? In a smb folder full of movies this can saturate the bandwidth on slow wifi.
Yes, as described in the FAQ: Bookmark properties > Advanced settings > thumbnail=no.

epicblue8

Dec 11, 2017
"Documents" from home tab only shows three .docx files while i have hundreds of pptx and .doc files as well.. why is app not showing all the documents?

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
Yes, as described in the FAQ: Bookmark properties > Advanced settings > thumbnail=no.
Or ADD > Dot file > .nopreview to disable thumbnails for a folder.

JPRO-C89

Oct 25, 2017
Or ADD > Dot file > .nopreview to disable thumbnails for a folder.
I know this but in a read only smb folder cant create this file. I have to disable the thumbnail in all the app then i will have to enable it again for local storage. Is it possible to detect network locations and add an option to disable then just in this places

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I know this but in a read only smb folder cant create this file. I have to disable the thumbnail in all the app then i will have to enable it again for local storage. Is it possible to detect network locations and add an option to disable then just in this places
Does the advanced setting thumbnails=0 not work for you?

FYI you could create multiple bookmarks to the same (or different) locations on the server. You could have one bookmark that allows thumbnails and another one that does not then use them according to what you need at the moment.

JPRO-C89

Oct 25, 2017
Does the advanced setting thumbnails=0 not work for you?

FYI you could create multiple bookmarks to the same (or different) locations on the server. You could have one bookmark that allows thumbnails and another one that does not then use them according to what you need at the moment.
Oh i see thanks. Sorry everyone. Just has to slide the config of the server. Every time i get more surprises from this app.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey