Themes / Apps / Mods [App][2.0] Quick Setting Tiles [NEW: 48Hz Screen Off, New in app Updates, PSM] {Refresh Rate and Screen Resolution mods}

Search This thread

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
For Galaxy S22 and S22+ the LTPO display gies from 48hz up to 120hz.
S22Ultra goes from 1hz to 120hz. What implement better yiu are reffering to for the S200 series?
first of all you are wrong...news from today showed that Samsung lied to us..S22 Ultra goes only to 24Hz as the rest of the S line...they even changed the specs slides....another thing, LTPO 2 and S22 line go to lower refresh rate much faster...S21 ultra takes around 3 seconds till it drops to 60Hz
FLb8JnDaIAIuLBA

Goku1992

first of all you are wrong...news from today showed that Samsung lied to us..S22 Ultra goes only to 24Hz as the rest of the S line...they even changed the specs slides....another thing, LTPO 2 and S22 line go to lower refresh rate much faster...S21 ultra takes around 3 seconds till it drops to 60Hz
FLb8JnDaIAIuLBA
Which video is this?

Update: found it.

But its an improvement over s21...
Also ways faster hz swap

Last edited:
Reactions: pepo187

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks

**** the s22 ultra looks amazing 😍 im a note lover who wanted the note 20 ultra but we had the ****ty exynos there :/ a friend of mine with the s20 ultra had so much problems with heat...

Hope i can resist lol🤣
I don't like it....I have S21 Ultra ...and I'm super happy with that phone...android 12 even improved my battery life...for the first time in the history🤣 I don't need S pen...and I can't stand those super sharp corners on S22 Ultra ..I have already seen 2 video reviews pointing on those sharp edges and how uncomfortable it is in hand ..I skip this series and wait for the next one...I hope we get Ultra without pen....or S22+ with QHD screen🙏

Reactions: DS1000RR

Mashio

Sep 5, 2014
Can anyone shed some light on how to properly use 120hz in PSM? I have tried everything, re-installed the app many times, gave it proper permission via ADB, set the quick settings app to 'unrestricted' and nothing worked :(

kyden99

Jan 28, 2014
  • Love
Reactions: maxq1

Gnommes

Apr 12, 2017
Kyiv
Hey @Nishidh ,
First of all - thanks for the fantastic app.
Just wondering - is there any chance adapting "use while power saving is on" trick for S20 series as well? All features work like a charm - excepting this one (it drops to 60 hz despite of the chosen value).
Eager to get your answer. Thanks again!

Hey @Nishidh ,
First of all - thanks for the fantastic app.
Just wondering - is there any chance adapting "use while power saving is on" trick for S20 series as well? All features work like a charm - excepting this one (it drops to 60 hz despite of the chosen value).
Eager to get your answer. Thanks again!
U can try it on s20 devices which have ltpo display, it should work, to check you can enable aod and check the refresh rate. If it doesn't then you can dm me and I'll try to fix it.

Yeah if you set Minimum refresh to 48, it won't always go to 48hz,
it will behave like default 48-120hz. Only goes to 48 while watching a video

FLb8JnDaIAIuLBA
Let's just hope that they add or unlock that 24hz profile in s21 series the next one ui update.

The main thing is that the display colors need to calibrated for each of the refresh rates so colors might not be that great in 24hz (I'm not sure about this but I read it somewhere)

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
Let's just hope that they add or unlock that 24hz profile in s21 series the next one ui update.

The main thing is that the display colors need to calibrated for each of the refresh rates so colors might not be that great in 24hz (I'm not sure about this but I read it somewhere)
cant you just take it from S22 software and implement it into S21? at least faster switching between 120Hz to 60Hz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[App] Quick Settings Tiles v2.0 [Stable]​

Play Store Link: Quick Settings Tile

Screenshot_20220128-184152_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-014311_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-014632_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-184333_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Features

Refresh rate and screen resolution Quick Tiles
    The usual Refresh rate mods
    Refresh rate monitoring
    Resolution Tile Requires a one time ADB setup
    Switching resolution is just smooth like stock
    Specifically for S21 Ultra
    [NEW 1.5] Power Saving mode Adaptive Refresh Rate - Requires ADB Setup - SUPPORTS A12
    [NEW 1.5.9] Refresh rate monitoring overlay tile - Overlay only shows up for few seconds when the refresh rate changes
    [NEW 2.0] 48HZ screen off Refresh Rate, New Refresh Rate Icons, In app updates

Instructions

Download the QST app
    Click on the update icon that will download the separate module required for the app to work
    Add the tiles you need within the app, they will be available in the quick settings then
    Clicking the tile will open a Dialog Box
    Select whichever options you like

Note: If you have other apps/refresh rate mods installed they might cause crashes​

Run this through ADB shell for Resolution Quick Tile AND PSM adaptive to work​

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.nss.ssettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Introduction

Switched from OnePlus 6t to S21 Ultra Recently.
    I wanted to create a personal app which provides the quick settings needed for daily usage.
    Other apps are not optimized for S21 ultra specifically, either crash regularly
    I just created this app in 3-4 days, so I'm just gonna leave this here for others to test and use.
    This has turned from a small app which was created in few days to months of work, adding features​

Future Plans

Fixing Bugs
    Add some more features
    Improvement / Bug reports are Appreciated
    Add a refresh rate monitoring notification Done

This is how its looking currently:
    * You will be able download new updates to QST straight from the app in play store
    * Lowest Hz on screen off - Its working properly, no extra battery drain (You might need to exclude this from memory cleaner, and set unrestricted background use or 48hz screen off will just not work)

* Ill roll out the beta soon on PlayStore within few days. Just need to fix theme and add some text paragraphs to make the app understandable before finalizing release.

Screenshot_20220118-180940_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-182452_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-181017_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Can you add option to set lowest Hz when locked?
    48hz while display is off. Yes please. Galaxy max Hz has this option but I'd rather just use this app so they don't conflict each other.
    Hey mate. When i restart my phone i need to reinstall the app and run the adb setup again. Is this a bug?
    Thanks in advance hope you make a "pro" Version with more Features for such app would pay :)

I have just now implemented the 48Hz when screen is off. Its working fine(in the video below), just need to test it for a while before i release it.

Hmm a pro version maybe , it would be much easier if playstore acceped old api's.
    Im thinking about an updater app on playstore you can download QST from that app. (This might take a while since im gonna be busy for 2 weeks)
    I'm on BUKG, it's working for me and others as well. Just try to restart and follow the steps, I'll release a video guide soon.
    If we could get powersaving and 120hz that would be awesome!
    Added the option to change and enable Adaptive Refresh rate on Power Saving Mode. :)