Themes / Apps / Mods [App][2.0] Quick Setting Tiles [NEW: 48Hz Screen Off, New in app Updates, PSM] {Refresh Rate and Screen Resolution mods}

Search This thread

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
I would appreciate a lot 120Hz in Power Saving on Android 12 ...I cant live without it :(

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
Then download the app and use the adb command. Mine works on powersaving and adaptive
I did the command...I can switch toogle on but refresh rate stays at 60 in power saving....even though I see in settings that Adaptive is selected😅
Screenshot_20211119-135455_Settings.jpg

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018

[App] Quick Settings Tiles v1.1[Beta]​

View attachment 5461399 View attachment 5460491 View attachment 5460485

Features

Refresh rate and screen resolution Quick Tiles
The usual Refresh rate mods
Resolution Tile Requires a one time ADB setup
Switching resolution is just smooth like stock
Specifically for S21 Ultra
[NEW 1.1] Power Saving mode Adaptive Refresh Rate - Requires ADB Setup (Currently only works on android 11)

Instructions

Download
Install
Go to quick settings and add the tiles you need
Clicking the tile will open a Dialog Box
Select what you want

Note: If you have other apps/refresh rate mods installed they might cause crashes​

Run this through ADB shell for Resolution Quick Tile AND PSM adaptive to work​

Code:
adb shell pm grant com.nss.ssettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Introduction

Switched from OnePlus 6t to S21 Ultra Recently.
I wanted to create a personal app which provides the quick settings needed for daily usage.
Other apps are not optimized for S21 ultra specifically, either crash regularly or ask for payment :/
I just created this app in 3-4 days, so I'm just gonna leave this here for others to test and use.​

Future Plans

Fixing the Icons - If anyone wants to create the status bar icons you can dm me
Fixing Bugs
Add some more features
Improvement / Bug reports are Appreciated
Add a refresh rate monitoring notification​
Is this a clone or very similar to Galaxy Max Hz app for the S21 Ultra?

Being able to change the resolution is really cool man. Great work.

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
I tried everything nothing works for me on Android 12...can't change nothing...resolution neither refresh rate...I found app Buoy (battery saver) it does amazing job...now I'm fine without a power saving mode...adb command is required

Reactions: adamlee2012

Tristan17

And 48 to 96 not work
60 to 96 works
Power save mod not work 120 120 hz
120 to 48 not work

Resulation change not work
Adb ok
A12
48 to 96 does work. As anandtech has mentioned, the regular fps counter cannot display when the fps goes down because of the screen tech, however, if you go into GPUwatch in developer settings you will see the average fps go down all the way to 10hz (on surface fps box) sometimes if you move the screen and wait a bit and touch it again. Here:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-095531_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-095531_One UI Home.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20211123-095528_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-095528_One UI Home.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 154

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
My bad I gotta update the thread wording, ADB is for resolution and adaptive referesh on PSM power saving.

As for android 12, I just got the official update in my region.
I'll test it in a few days since I have my final exams going on currently.
How does it look with an update please?

48 to 96 does work. As anandtech has mentioned, the regular fps counter cannot display when the fps goes down because of the screen tech, however, if you go into GPUwatch in developer settings you will see the average fps go down all the way to 10hz (on surface fps box) sometimes if you move the screen and wait a bit and touch it again. Here:
I think people don't understand what the difference between display refresh and FPS is, what you're saying is totally incorrect. I'm just gonna clear some basics here:

For example, take a display:​

Most of displays come at 60, 120, 144Hz refresh etc. this means that the display refreshes at that speed all of the time unless it supports variable refresh.

* Take a 120hz display. The monitor will refresh 120 frames per second.
* Then secondly there's your application, take a game, it runs at some frame rate(FPS) depending on the CPU and GPU load.

If your application runs at 90fps, the screen will stay at 120Hz refresh no matter what. You wont feel the 120hz smoothness but the actual refresh rate of the display is still 120hz.

If your application runs at 1fps, again screen will stay at 120hz.

In Samsung displays, the LTPO panel is capable of 10-120hz refresh, but is limited by software.​

Currently they change the display refresh rates from 48-60-98-120 (Adaptive) which is done using software to determine what's on screen and change the display refresh rates. Never does the refresh rate goes below 48Hz, never 10hz!

So when you see GPUWatch surface FPS, it means FPS of the application, it can be anything in the range 1-121 (anything in between like 2, 45, 103. It is capped at 121 by the software anything above that will be wasting the power)

10Hz in GPUWatch doesn't mean that the display refresh is actually going to 10Hz. The refresh is correctly displayed by the Show refresh rate option.

To summarize There are 2 things,​

1. The Display Refresh - (which you see using Show refresh rate option)​

2. The FPS of a particular application/game whatever is on screen - (seen using GPUWatch)​

How does it look with an update please?
In android 10, they had the same display profile like 48-120 in Power saving mode we could change the rate. but now in A11 they have added some more display profiles on the software side and when the power saving mode is enabled, the profile 48-60 is enabled. Haven't found the method to change those profiles as of yet, I also didn't have time to work on this.

Reactions: pepo187

Tristan17

Thanks for clearing that up. It makes much more sense now 😉
Do you think Samsung will ever find a way to make the refresh rate go all the way down to 10hz through software, since it would be much better for battery life and they did promise it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[App] Quick Settings Tiles v2.0 [Stable]​

Play Store Link: Quick Settings Tile

Screenshot_20220128-184152_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-014311_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-014632_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-184333_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Features

Refresh rate and screen resolution Quick Tiles
    The usual Refresh rate mods
    Refresh rate monitoring
    Resolution Tile Requires a one time ADB setup
    Switching resolution is just smooth like stock
    Specifically for S21 Ultra
    [NEW 1.5] Power Saving mode Adaptive Refresh Rate - Requires ADB Setup - SUPPORTS A12
    [NEW 1.5.9] Refresh rate monitoring overlay tile - Overlay only shows up for few seconds when the refresh rate changes
    [NEW 2.0] 48HZ screen off Refresh Rate, New Refresh Rate Icons, In app updates

Instructions

Download the QST app
    Click on the update icon that will download the separate module required for the app to work
    Add the tiles you need within the app, they will be available in the quick settings then
    Clicking the tile will open a Dialog Box
    Select whichever options you like

Note: If you have other apps/refresh rate mods installed they might cause crashes​

Run this through ADB shell for Resolution Quick Tile AND PSM adaptive to work​

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.nss.ssettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Introduction

Switched from OnePlus 6t to S21 Ultra Recently.
    I wanted to create a personal app which provides the quick settings needed for daily usage.
    Other apps are not optimized for S21 ultra specifically, either crash regularly
    I just created this app in 3-4 days, so I'm just gonna leave this here for others to test and use.
    This has turned from a small app which was created in few days to months of work, adding features​

Future Plans

Fixing Bugs
    Add some more features
    Improvement / Bug reports are Appreciated
    Add a refresh rate monitoring notification Done

This is how its looking currently:
    * You will be able download new updates to QST straight from the app in play store
    * Lowest Hz on screen off - Its working properly, no extra battery drain (You might need to exclude this from memory cleaner, and set unrestricted background use or 48hz screen off will just not work)

* Ill roll out the beta soon on PlayStore within few days. Just need to fix theme and add some text paragraphs to make the app understandable before finalizing release.

Screenshot_20220118-180940_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-182452_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-181017_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Can you add option to set lowest Hz when locked?
    48hz while display is off. Yes please. Galaxy max Hz has this option but I'd rather just use this app so they don't conflict each other.
    Hey mate. When i restart my phone i need to reinstall the app and run the adb setup again. Is this a bug?
    Thanks in advance hope you make a "pro" Version with more Features for such app would pay :)

I have just now implemented the 48Hz when screen is off. Its working fine(in the video below), just need to test it for a while before i release it.

Hmm a pro version maybe , it would be much easier if playstore acceped old api's.
    Im thinking about an updater app on playstore you can download QST from that app. (This might take a while since im gonna be busy for 2 weeks)
    I'm on BUKG, it's working for me and others as well. Just try to restart and follow the steps, I'll release a video guide soon.
    If we could get powersaving and 120hz that would be awesome!
    Added the option to change and enable Adaptive Refresh rate on Power Saving Mode. :)