Themes / Apps / Mods [App][2.0] Quick Setting Tiles [NEW: 48Hz Screen Off, New in app Updates, PSM] {Refresh Rate and Screen Resolution mods}

Search This thread

AashishVishnoi

Sep 2, 2019
Can you add an option to just toggle between any two chosen refresh rate without the tile opening up a new window? Like high(120hz) and standard(60hz) and the tile is grey when in standard mode and blue(or whatever the accent color is) in high mode. It would be much faster to switch that way.

Can you add an option to just toggle between any two chosen refresh rate without the tile opening up a new window? Like high(120hz) and standard(60hz) and the tile is grey when in standard mode and blue(or whatever the accent color is) in high mode. It would be much faster to switch that way.
Yeah I can do that

QST is now available on PlayStore : Link

Module changelog 2.0: 28/01/2022

• Whole new app which handles this module. Think of it as an addon with some extra features

• 48HZ after Screen off - Sets the refresh rate to 48HZ when your screen is turned off, yes even 48HZ in AOD.
    • Requires optimization for the module (quick settings) to be disabled. Long press any of the quick setting tiles -> battery -> Unrestricted
    • Also to prevent it from being cleared from memory, Settings -> Battery and device care -> Memory -> Excluded apps -> + -> Add "Quick Settings".
    • These 2 steps are required for the service to not stop and keep running. It only 25-45MB while running in background and almost 0 battery consumption. (Tested straight for >100hours in background , 0.1% Battery consumption by this app)
    • (I have made this a premium feature as I have invested so much time on this app)
1643386168097.png
  • You can now only enable tiles that you want and disable others directly from the app
1643386080835.png
  • The app now provides direct module updates and update notifications. You will be notified as soon as a new module is available with new features
1643386328193.png
  • New icons for refresh rate (60 and 120).
  • Other things that are planned but didn't make it in this update :-
    • Refresh rate overlay - Changing position
    • New tile which only changes 60 ->120 (Currently testing)
    • A Page in the app for active xda users in this thread
    • Resolution icons change
    • Suggestions are welcome

Feel free to PM me any issues with the app.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
QST is now available on PlayStore : Link

Module changelog 2.0: 28/01/2022

• Whole new app which handles this module. Think of it as an addon with some extra features

• 48HZ after Screen off - Sets the refresh rate to 48HZ when your screen is turned off, yes even 48HZ in AOD.
    • Requires optimization for the module (quick settings) to be disabled. Long press any of the quick setting tiles -> battery -> Unrestricted
    • Also to prevent it from being cleared from memory, Settings -> Battery and device care -> Memory -> Excluded apps -> + -> Add "Quick Settings".
    • These 2 steps are required for the service to not stop and keep running. It only 25-45MB while running in background and almost 0 battery consumption. (Tested straight for >100hours in background , 0.1% Battery consumption by this app)
    • (I have made this a premium feature as I have invested so much time on this app)
  • You can now only enable tiles that you want and disable others directly from the app
  • The app now provides direct module updates and update notifications. You will be notified as soon as a new module is available with new features
  • New icons for refresh rate (60 and 120).
  • Other things that are planned but didn't make it in this update :-
    • Refresh rate overlay - Changing position
    • New tile which only changes 60 ->120 (Currently testing)
    • A Page in the app for active xda users in this thread
    • Resolution icons change
    • Suggestions are welcome

Feel free to PM me any issues with the app.
48hz isn't working for me. Still 60hz when display off.
EDIT: WORKING NOW

Last edited:
48hz isn't working for me. Still 60hz when display off.

1. Long press any of the quick setting tiles -> battery -> Unrestricted
2. Settings -> Battery and device care -> Memory -> Excluded apps -> + -> Add "Quick Settings". (there are 2 apps remember to add the one with "Quick Settings"

These steps are required so that the optimizations don't end the process and

Make sure you are on adaptive
Then turn off and switch on the toggle. You will get a feedback message below 48Hz service started........
Also lock screen will have the default behavior, 48hz will be on AOD and when the screen is off(black).

Here's the video with instructions.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20220128-224828_Settings[1].mp4
    32.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220128-225716_Settings[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-225716_Settings[1].jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 46

Olmap

Feb 25, 2021
Minimum 48hz adaptive works on galaxy max hz. No offense but is this app try to copy galaxy max hz?

If you prefer other apps its fine, you always have another option : )

Keep this thread clean, post if you have any issues, questions and suggestions. I'll be happy to help.

Well I just wanted to create my own app for the S21ultra I bought like few months back. The main app which could provide me with some better quick settings tiles just how i like to use it (with dialog boxes and switches directly from the pannel)

I just posted it here so that others can also have another choice to try this. Features are added as requested by others here if its feasible.

48hz adaptive is working, people just don't understand, Min 48hz wont replace the 60hz.
48hz only applies when watching video or some other situations.

Similar features # copy
Minimum 48hz adaptive works on galaxy max hz. No offense but is this app try to copy galaxy max hz?

Really? It's the otherwise on my experience. Galaxy max hz is really working well on my s21ultra without extraordinary setup required. If it's nonsense, then why this app is copying it? You're funny man.

Extra ordinary steps, If u mean ADB, only 1-2 require ADB settings.

If you mean for "48HZ when screen off" then I'd rather do those extra steps, rather than requesting accessibility service that track activities. (Also one of the reasons why I created my own app rather than using that)

Also thanks for the feedback I'll try to improve on the UI and instructions

Last edited:

Olmap

Feb 25, 2021

Keep this thread clean, post if you have any issues, questions and suggestions. I'll be happy to help.

Well I just wanted to create my own app for the S21ultra I bought like few months back. The main app which could provide me with some better quick settings tiles just how i like to use it (with dialog boxes and switches directly from the pannel)

I just posted it here so that others can also have another choice to try this. Features are added as requested by others here if its feasible.

48hz adaptive is working, people just don't understand, Min 48hz wont replace the 60hz.

If you mean for "48HZ when screen off" then I'd rather do those extra steps, rather than requesting accessibility service that track activities. (Also one of the reasons why I created my own app rather than using that)
Are you accusing? I know it just use to improve stability but it is not required if you are not using those features.
*I am sorry if this should not be discussed here. This is my last reply*

Goku1992

Also thanks for the feedback I'll try to improve on the UI and instructions
Hey mate testet your new app for a day now its working fine. One question only "quick tiles" need to be on unrestricted battery right? The other app can be on restriced when using 48hz screen off mod? Paid for Premium its working fine :))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[App] Quick Settings Tiles v2.0 [Stable]​

Play Store Link: Quick Settings Tile

Screenshot_20220128-184152_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-014311_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-014632_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-184333_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Features

Refresh rate and screen resolution Quick Tiles
    The usual Refresh rate mods
    Refresh rate monitoring
    Resolution Tile Requires a one time ADB setup
    Switching resolution is just smooth like stock
    Specifically for S21 Ultra
    [NEW 1.5] Power Saving mode Adaptive Refresh Rate - Requires ADB Setup - SUPPORTS A12
    [NEW 1.5.9] Refresh rate monitoring overlay tile - Overlay only shows up for few seconds when the refresh rate changes
    [NEW 2.0] 48HZ screen off Refresh Rate, New Refresh Rate Icons, In app updates

Instructions

Download the QST app
    Click on the update icon that will download the separate module required for the app to work
    Add the tiles you need within the app, they will be available in the quick settings then
    Clicking the tile will open a Dialog Box
    Select whichever options you like

Note: If you have other apps/refresh rate mods installed they might cause crashes​

Run this through ADB shell for Resolution Quick Tile AND PSM adaptive to work​

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.nss.ssettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Introduction

Switched from OnePlus 6t to S21 Ultra Recently.
    I wanted to create a personal app which provides the quick settings needed for daily usage.
    Other apps are not optimized for S21 ultra specifically, either crash regularly
    I just created this app in 3-4 days, so I'm just gonna leave this here for others to test and use.
    This has turned from a small app which was created in few days to months of work, adding features​

Future Plans

Fixing Bugs
    Add some more features
    Improvement / Bug reports are Appreciated
    Add a refresh rate monitoring notification Done

This is how its looking currently:
    * You will be able download new updates to QST straight from the app in play store
    * Lowest Hz on screen off - Its working properly, no extra battery drain (You might need to exclude this from memory cleaner, and set unrestricted background use or 48hz screen off will just not work)

* Ill roll out the beta soon on PlayStore within few days. Just need to fix theme and add some text paragraphs to make the app understandable before finalizing release.

Screenshot_20220118-180940_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-182452_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-181017_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Can you add option to set lowest Hz when locked?
    48hz while display is off. Yes please. Galaxy max Hz has this option but I'd rather just use this app so they don't conflict each other.
    Hey mate. When i restart my phone i need to reinstall the app and run the adb setup again. Is this a bug?
    Thanks in advance hope you make a "pro" Version with more Features for such app would pay :)

I have just now implemented the 48Hz when screen is off. Its working fine(in the video below), just need to test it for a while before i release it.

Hmm a pro version maybe , it would be much easier if playstore acceped old api's.
    Im thinking about an updater app on playstore you can download QST from that app. (This might take a while since im gonna be busy for 2 weeks)
    I'm on BUKG, it's working for me and others as well. Just try to restart and follow the steps, I'll release a video guide soon.
    If we could get powersaving and 120hz that would be awesome!
    Added the option to change and enable Adaptive Refresh rate on Power Saving Mode. :)