[App]2/1/11 Launcher Pro 8.3 Glass

Search This thread

InfDaMarvel

Aug 15, 2010
Honestly, I doubt it was very difficult for you to do in the first place. So getting a thank you from a bunch of random people on the forums shouldn't be a big deal. Unless your doing it for the warm feeling inside lol.

Reactions: Willieumm

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Honestly, I doubt it was very difficult for you to do in the first place. So getting a thank you from a bunch of random people on the forums shouldn't be a big deal. Unless your doing it for the warm feeling inside lol.

Warn fuzzies are big deal to me.LOL

oh welllllllllllll. it probably was buggy anyways.. lol ..

No more buggy than without the theme.

Reactions: narddawg314

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Umm yea I'm sorry I don't know how to install these icons...I figured you might be able to move some system files around in Root Explorer but I'm not really getting anywhere...modding for dummies help would be helpful people!

sent from my rooted, suited & booted Epic 4G know dat

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Umm yea I'm sorry I don't know how to install these icons...I figured you might be able to move some system files around in Root Explorer but I'm not really getting anywhere...modding for dummies help would be helpful people!

1. DL and copy to sdcard root directory or a folder called (exp: My APKs)
2. Goto settings and select allow Unknown sources .
3. Open File Explorer and find the apk and select to open.
4. Also install this app (Home Switcher) that will allow you to switch between which launcher you want active.

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
1. DL and copy to sdcard root directory or a folder called (exp: My APKs)
2. Goto settings and select allow Unknown sources .
3. Open File Explorer and find the apk and select to open.
4. Also install this app (Home Switcher) that will allow you to switch between which launcher you want active.

Preciate the help I had no trouble installing the themed Launcher itself but how do you apply the themed app icons to your applications? I'm running DK28 ViperROM Trinity 2.o and I tried flashing the icon pack zip in CWM3 but "installation failed" any more suggestions?

The only themed icon I saw was the launcher app drawer icon

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Preciate the help I had no trouble installing the themed Launcher itself but how do you apply the themed app icons to your applications? I'm running DK28 ViperROM Trinity 2.o and I tried flashing the icon pack zip in CWM3 but "installation failed" any more suggestions?

The only themed icon I saw was the launcher app drawer icon

You do not flash the icon zip. There are icons only with a blank starter icon to roll your own icons. Copy the unzip folder to your sdcard folder (exp: LP Icons).
Press and hold the icon you want to change. Select change icons, goto the folder you created called LP icons and select the icon you want. You may also at this time change the label name of the icon pointer to the app.

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
You do not flash the icon zip. There are icons only with a blank starter icon to roll your own icons. Copy the unzip folder to your sdcard folder (exp: LP Icons).
Press and hold the icon you want to change. Select change icons, goto the folder you created called LP icons and select the icon you want. You may also at this time change the label name of the icon pointer to the app.

Ok I created the folder in the root of my SD card with all the folder icons unzipped so that they are showing as png (whatever that is) format...I apologize for my slow slawness wit this but where exactly am I going to press ad hold the icon I want to change in order to apply the modded ones?

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Ok I created the folder in the root of my SD card with all the folder icons unzipped so that they are showing as png (whatever that is) format...I apologize for my slow slawness wit this but where exactly am I going to press ad hold the icon I want to change in order to apply the modded ones?

Let's say you want to change the phone icon for your LPro. Press and hold and you will get a screen "Edit dock shortcut". Select "Change Icon" then "Custom Icon" now you are in the Gallery. Find the folder that you named before and then select the icon you want to replace the phone icon with. Select the blue phone icon. Now you are done with custom icons. BTW: any icon that you select should have a size of 84x84. I think the ones I put in the zip folder are folder are 128x128. Please resize to 84x84 before using those icons for the screen to look correct. Hope this helps

Edit: Just tried this myself and the icon don't show to the correct size. Will have to look into why?????????

Last edited:

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Let's say you want to change the phone icon for your LPro. Press and hold and you will get a screen "Edit dock shortcut". Select "Change Icon" then "Custom Icon" now you are in the Gallery. Find the folder that you named before and then select the icon you want to replace the phone icon with. Select the blue phone icon. Now you are done with custom icons. BTW: any icon that you select should have a size of 84x84. I think the ones I put in the zip folder are folder are 128x128. Please resize to 84x84 before using those icons for the screen to look correct. Hope this helps

Edit: Just tried this myself and the icon don't show to the correct size. Will have to look into why?????????

Ight preciate it mane this was a big help...I also figured out that if you longpress on the homescreen to add an application shortcut you can modify the app icon and name of any application on the phone with any icons you have in the gallery...only gripe I have is that the icons only change on top of the launcher homecreens...still a pretty cool feature doe...thanks again mane.

P.S. I have the same icons and they look and work just fine with the size they came after I put it under the DCIM folder on the SD card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Launcher Pro 8.3 Glass Theme

Provided in the zip file are some starter icons with a blank glass template for you to make your own icons.

Warn fuzzies are big deal to me.LOL

oh welllllllllllll. it probably was buggy anyways.. lol ..

No more buggy than without the theme.
    looking good jstine!
    I'm talking about changing the widget icons, not in the bar.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Sorry, I quit using LP after I paid for the full version. The Launcher that I know of that does that is ADW Launcher. It will let you change any icon on the home screens. Here's one that I did with Black Glass, but you can use the same icons you got the zip in the LP8.3 section.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone