[APP][2.1+] BeWeather Free for Android

Search This thread

pfluger

Jan 15, 2006
Hamburg
We now have a free version of BeWeather for Android in the Android Market.

Please post your feedback or questions concerning the free version here. Everything concerning the paid version BeWeather Pro should go into the BeWeather Pro thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1211903

You can download BeWeather Free at http://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweatherfree

Features of BeWeather Free:
- Automatically track your location via GPS/cell location
- 11 beautiful homescreen widgets in 6 different sizes. Fully customizable colors and fonts.
- Temperature notification in statusbar
- Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
- 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
- 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
- Instant weather advisory notifications (US only) via push technology (Android 2.2 and higher)
- Built-in animated radar maps (US only)
- Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
- Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
- Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
- Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
- Completely customize BeWeather using fonts and colors

screenshot_free1.jpg
screenshot_free2.jpg

Reactions: cwhitney24

m.ark

Feb 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
Is there an option to use septate apps if I click either the minutes or hours on the widget? Just curious, because I would love to be able to launch both my clinch app and my calendar from the same widget.

Other than that, it is an amazing app, and I thank you for taking the time to develop the free version. 8/10. Fantastic job, but don't give up just yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

ryanpl

Jan 11, 2011
I was unable to add widgets to my home screen. I would go through the steps and the widget box would appear on my screen but it says problem loading widget. Aside from that it is working great on my Nook Touch

onestoploser

Jul 6, 2008
What are the differences between the free and paid versions? I already have the paid version, I'm just looking for a comparison.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

AdrianM

Jun 20, 2010
Exmouth
Check out BeWeather Pro for even more features:
- 100% Ad-Free
- Visually stunning display of weather information using high definition (HD) videos
- Fully customize widget backgrounds and clock
- Completely customize BeWeather using one of more than 150 weather iconsets
- Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
- Dynamic Google Maps based animated radar and satellite maps (US only)

Source: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweatherfree in description

tdusen

Sep 14, 2006
Check out BeWeather Pro for even more features:
- 100% Ad-Free
- Visually stunning display of weather information using high definition (HD) videos
- Fully customize widget backgrounds and clock
- Completely customize BeWeather using one of more than 150 weather iconsets
- Dynamic Google Maps based animated radar and satellite maps (US only)

Source: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweatherfree in description

Wow, thanks.

I guess I can't read. I read those as features of the free version and there were "even more" features available in the pro version.

jason2005

Feb 13, 2011
Thanks, I love this weather app, strange issue for me, I search my city (in Belgium),
the city is found, but no weather data :(
(but work for other city).....

jason2005

Feb 13, 2011
yes exactly, I find setting but I need Pro version ...

I search many cities near my home but the app found nothing, I am disappointed...

return to GoWeather, no problem with this app

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
getting an error in the latest CM Nightly when i try and add location. I can't even get into settings.

"Activity Location Search is not responding"

I had an error about a week ago where it would not locate. I had to go to settings/location & security/ check the box use wireless networks. By these settings I meant phone settings not beweather settings.

Edit...I didn't realize this was the free version thread. I have way to many thread subscriptions lollll. I have the paid version. Not sure if my above suggestion will help.

I got your 10 char right here

Last edited:

Wiingy

Feb 1, 2011
QLD
www.imtwelve.com
Thanks that works, had to untick it and tick it again. But the App still FC's but in settings and doesn't load the weather completely. I have paid app as well.

Thinking it must be CM7's fault, quite a few ppl are having problems with the last few nightly's. In the process of flashing The Collective's "Absolution" mod now :D

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Thanks that works, had to untick it and tick it again. But the App still FC's but in settings and doesn't load the weather completely. I have paid app as well.

Thinking it must be CM7's fault, quite a few ppl are having problems with the last few nightly's. In the process of flashing The Collective's "Absolution" mod now :D

Yeah cm7 can be a pain. Well welcome to absolution! I am a member of the collective. Hope you enjoy the work and our team!

I got your 10 char right here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We now have a free version of BeWeather for Android in the Android Market.

Please post your feedback or questions concerning the free version here. Everything concerning the paid version BeWeather Pro should go into the BeWeather Pro thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1211903

You can download BeWeather Free at http://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweatherfree

Features of BeWeather Free:
    - Automatically track your location via GPS/cell location
    - 11 beautiful homescreen widgets in 6 different sizes. Fully customizable colors and fonts.
    - Temperature notification in statusbar
    - Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    - 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    - 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    - Instant weather advisory notifications (US only) via push technology (Android 2.2 and higher)
    - Built-in animated radar maps (US only)
    - Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    - Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
    - Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    - Completely customize BeWeather using fonts and colors

screenshot_free1.jpg
    screenshot_free2.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone