Search This thread

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
If you find that value updated at any place in the filesystem (/proc or sys/devices or /sys/class or...) you can use the custom labels to display this. In the labels section you have to format it to your liking (fine tuning button at the bottom) and activate it. You can add virtually any value to cooltool this way :).

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Hey guys, I own the Pro version but tried it recently at my tv box with Android 7.1.2 and no Cpu temp, Cpu speed or Network bitrate are working properly.

Any ideas how to fix them?

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

wokawoka

Jul 25, 2014
Why I/O Activity is not supported on Android 7.1.2?

Yeah, having I/O activity working on Nougat would be great, I'm missing it a lot as well.

Unfortunately it seems that this app is not actively developed anymore, which is a shame since it's incredibly useful and I still haven't found a real replacement.

wokawoka

Jul 25, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out.

I'm using cooltool permanently inside the status bar and I really love being able to continuously monitor the phone in realtimen without any added windows.

Does anybody know if the development of the program has been permanently ceased? Is there eventually hope for a new release with fixes in the future?

GregorJan

May 24, 2018
I'm using cooltool permanently inside the status bar and I really love being able to continuously monitor the phone in realtimen without any added windows. Does anybody know if the development of the program has been permanently ceased? Is there eventually hope for a new release with fixes in the future?
+1

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out.

I'm using cooltool permanently inside the status bar and I really love being able to continuously monitor the phone in realtimen without any added windows.

Does anybody know if the development of the program has been permanently ceased? Is there eventually hope for a new release with fixes in the future?
Simple System Monitor also has a Disk I/O overlay, bonus is it has a graph. Maybe check with the dev to see if the values are on system which Cool Tool can output. Or request it in DevCheck, it can already insert overlays into status bar.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

GregorJan

May 24, 2018
Simple System Monitor also has a Disk I/O overlay, bonus is it has a graph. Maybe check with the dev to see if the values are on system which Cool Tool can output. Or request it in DevCheck, it can already insert overlays into status bar.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using XDA Labs
Yes, in Simple System Monitor it works, so actually it is possible in android 7. However, it's a pity that the creator does not update the program.

TheMadAtheist

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit for the CPU temp in Fine Tuning. Battery has that option built in, but I'm unable to find any mention online about it.
Thx, d.

TheMadAtheist

Oct 27, 2017
Cool Tool > Advanced > Use Fahrenheit
Sorry, that for the battery temp only.
The CPU temp doesn't have a preset entry and has to be done with custom labels. I'm just not sure what tags are used or if there's a way to convert the measurement.
Thx, d.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190908-073200.png
    Screenshot_20190908-073200.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20190908-072851.png
    Screenshot_20190908-072851.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20190908-072826.png
    Screenshot_20190908-072826.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 127

Mysticblaze347

Jun 12, 2018
If the original dev is sleeping, is there an app god out there who can bring this back to life with more custom lables and smart colors for all, °F support for custom temps also? Rearrange ability would also be nice. Xposed update or here, Idc lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    icon2.0_192.png
    Hi guys! This is my first post as a developer. This little tool shows some system info such
    - CPU Load meter
    - Free RAM meter
    - CPU Frequency indicator
    - 2g/3g Traffic meter
    - Battery Status indicator
    - Wi-Fi Signal Level
    - Current Time indicator
    in "always on top" mode (overlay window). Also there is nice realtime graph.
    Press Show Panel button to start system monitoring. You can drag window over the screen or double tap to open settings. See video and screenshots for details.

video preview
    Android Market:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=ds.cpuoverlay

FAQ: http://deviantstudio-software.blogspot.com/2013/12/cool-tool-faq.html

scr1.jpgscr2.jpgscr3.jpg
    hey guys, please check if it works stable, just to be sure nothing is broken
    this is indeed a cool tool :good: however, it doesn't seem to run on start up? (even with the option ticked) using android 4.2.2 on htc one

Give it time to start up after boot. There are several methods to start at boot - but the usual is I think to subscribe to the "boot finished" broadcast. This is what many apps do and so after boot there is a big stand-in-line-for CPU and memory which usually cannot be served fast (but on HTC One it should not be a problem). If you wait a little after you see the launcher started it should enter the screen.
    Mind that some places (notification bar) may require special attention - and I think that this space cannot be used on JB at all.

If you have other tweaks running (especially XPrivacy with the XPosed framework) you have to grant privileges for the app once after install.

Last thought: not sure if only the paid version does autostart? It is so long I have the paid version, I just cannot tell.
    I was running CT 5.4 with Xposed, using status bar injection. Decided to upgrade to pro, which also brought a minor version change to 5.4.3. Unfortunately pro is insisting xposed isn't installed, I don't have root or the module isn't enabled, none of which is true. Any advice? This is on a Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900) with stock KK rom.

please read faq
    http://deviantstudio-software.blogspot.com/2013/12/cool-tool-faq.html
    More choices in colors (I have orange text in my statusbar for example) Maybe show Wi-fi rate too?

Then another question. Does it use much battery when phone has screen off/is sleeping?

Using MIUI freshly squeezed 1.10.14 on DHD btw...

You can try to adjust opacity of text or background in settings. In next versions i planned to change color select dialogs.
    In 1.1 version i have added wifi traffic counter too
    and when device sleep off - service go to sleep too (at least in v1.1 :))