[APP][2.1+] EPM - Extended Power Menu [4-way reboot, QuickSettings, Screen Lock]

Search This thread

brewy

Sep 21, 2012
newcastle
www.facebook.com
If I hold brightness toggle down I get the brightness settings so its much quicker than going through the whole phone settings so I would leave it on the app for galaxy ace :)

Sent from my GT-S5830

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Updated dropbox link:

Changelog so far:
Code:
#27/12/12
Added HDPI and MDPI icons
Changed RINGER icons to Catalysm ones
Fixed that every refresh of the panels dimmed the screen
Fixed auto brightness
Fixed airplane when on 4.0.4 or 4.1.*
Add "Dim screen" panel - adds a black overlay with an alpha. First alpha is 25, then 50, ...untill 175
Fixed panels not refreshing after click
If phone doesn't support autobrightness, remove brightness panel
Add longClick function to DIM SCREEN panel

Reactions: wali01x

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
I'm afraid I haven't fixed that indeed.
But I do have a nice new feature:

CHEK THIS:

Newest

It has Statusbar Transitions, so it's like you pull down the statusbar when you open the quick toggles.

Also, the backbtn is replaced by the statusbar close handle.

Looks pretty cool!

Gonna work on your issue now.

EDIT: Text partially invisible is now fixed

Last edited:

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Last edited:

brewy

Sep 21, 2012
newcastle
www.facebook.com
That app may be causing the Problem..
That app has been made basically for Stock ROMS dude , Because some Stock ROMS don't have them & they are not Customizable and also So that they can have a Four Way Re-Boot Option and Power Menus which are not Provided by Stock Firmware...

Wp7 already has 4-Way Boot(just Hot Boot is not there) as well as Fully Customizable Power menu on Status Bar where you can add any Toggle you want , and also long pressing them gives you the Respective Settings Menu....
This maybe my problem I'm getting random reboots and cannot connect camera but I can't prove its down to this app alone but it's the only change I made to this rom and when trying to uninstall your app it keeps saying uninstall unsuccessful every time

Sent from my GT-S5830

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Delete it from /data/app then?
And damn, I couls indeed be the reason camera isn't working anymore...

About the uninstall: I don't know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2 JB

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
hey so far kill tasks works, ringer works, brightness toggles between auto and regular, setting obviously works, airplane now works,wifi works, bluetooth works, data works, sync works, gps still not toggling on & off, nfc as last comment, rotation works, dim screen works. so to sum it all up brightness might need adjusting like lidroid mod we have over @ s3 maybe his smalis might help it adjust brightness but then again i can't speak on behalf of any other phone beside s3. rest seems just amazing..

edit: and uninstall works just fine. i don't know why others are having issue, i just uninstalled and reinstalled and on the newest version its working too

Last edited:
Reactions: mDroidd

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
hey so far kill tasks works, ringer works, brightness toggles between auto and regular, setting obviously works, airplane now works,wifi works, bluetooth works, data works, sync works, gps still not toggling on & off, nfc as last comment, rotation works, dim screen works. so to sum it all up brightness might need adjusting like lidroid mod we have over @ s3 maybe his smalis might help it adjust brightness but then again i can't speak on behalf of any other phone beside s3. rest seems just amazing..

edit: and uninstall works just fine. i don't know why others are having issue, i just uninstalled and reinstalled and on the newest version its working too

Now that is a big help!
I´m gonna contact the developer of LiDroid right away.
It seems that some Samsung devices need modification for flashlight and autobrightness and GPS.

GPS toggle usually uses a little exploit in the settings widget of Android. I think Samsung removed it.
From now on on devices that DON'T support it, GPS toggle links to GPS settings.
Do other widgets from the market work?

Thanks again :)

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
Now that is a big help!
I´m gonna contact the developer of LiDroid right away.
It seems that some Samsung devices need modification for flashlight and autobrightness and GPS.

GPS toggle usually uses a little exploit in the settings widget of Android. I think Samsung removed it.
From now on on devices that DON'T support it, GPS toggle links to GPS settings.
Do other widgets from the market work?

Thanks again :)

anytime and its a big milestone with this app, with this id love to add it into notification of s3 besides settings meaning being it like 4.2 rom but thats what im gonna figure out from my side too. but yeah most of the stuff fall under smali edits in services.jar, framework2.jar, and android.policy.jar I agree samsung does things wonky and we need to do the rest its like come on just leave it vanilla & we'll do the best stuff provided. what i can suggest is for gps if it starts buggin' the bejesus outta you just divert it to location settings because it gives you all the options to on & off but then again look @ lidroid stuff and see what boggles the mind and lemme know if i can do anything for ya.

edit: and i tried to get more then 8 thanks but it limited me :(. you deserve it for giving us this. i was wonder if its possible to not have extended power menu but just toggle apk. If you're able to let me know whenever you get a chance, reason why because your app would be the next best thing for 4.1.1 jb because 4.2 gives quick setting toggles and yours would just fit right in 4.1 jb. again if you are able to no pressure and no demands from my side so whatever your response is i'll be happy with..

and which widgets are we referring to ? i can test out some widgets if you'd like but any specific one you'd want me to test out?

Last edited:

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
anytime and its a big milestone with this app, with this id love to add it into notification of s3 besides settings meaning being it like 4.2 rom but thats what im gonna figure out from my side too. but yeah most of the stuff fall under smali edits in services.jar, framework2.jar, and android.policy.jar I agree samsung does things wonky and we need to do the rest its like come on just leave it vanilla & we'll do the best stuff provided. what i can suggest is for gps if it starts buggin' the bejesus outta you just divert it to location settings because it gives you all the options to on & off but then again look @ lidroid stuff and see what boggles the mind and lemme know if i can do anything for ya.

edit: and i tried to get more then 8 thanks but it limited me :(. you deserve it for giving us this. i was wonder if its possible to not have extended power menu but just toggle apk. If you're able to let me know whenever you get a chance, reason why because your app would be the next best thing for 4.1.1 jb because 4.2 gives quick setting toggles and yours would just fit right in 4.1 jb. again if you are able to no pressure and no demands from my side so whatever your response is i'll be happy with..

and which widgets are we referring to ? i can test out some widgets if you'd like but any specific one you'd want me to test out?

There ya go:
QuickSettings

Hope you like it :)
I think I will buy a market license tomorrow so I can publish it.

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
There ya go:
QuickSettings

Hope you like it :)
I think I will buy a market license tomorrow so I can publish it.

cool. that'd be great and yeah i wouldn't mind donating for your hard job. its not easy writing codes let alone even building an apk ground up. If there is any further testing you'd like me to do please don't hesitate to shoot me a message or pm. Im gonna follow this thread :p not in stalking way but you get my point lol.

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL
Could you have a native way of accessing quick settings? Like with the two fingers? Thanks for you hard work, if you need a beta tester I'm available. Atrix HD

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mDroidd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!

After my previous project for PCs, StudioAndroid, I started Android Development.
    It started as QuadReboot, but it turned out much bigger.

Well, let's look at the features!
    RED REQUIRES ROOT
    Extended Power Menu
    Poweroff: AOSP PowerOff Dialog - quickly shut your phone down!
    Reboot: 4-way reboot menu, offering:
    -Reboot
    -Recovery
    -Bootloader
    -Hot Boot (Kills the system, restarts the UI)
    Screen off : Screen off and lock - requires admin enabled
    QuickSettings : Launch QuickSettings if installed

Download Extended Power Menu [PLAY STORE]
    Download QuickSettings [PLAY STORE]

All suggestions are welcome!
    Please be kind, this is my first app.
    ES7n9fVSoOV12dr1Jem-aNcMxSqBtCyAMJfEgcJDCehLT5w67LwIjEufZWVdSgm18g

Um_8dKrqJIzS2_I7nbEbbXJBS5t9TORJ3m0mOci-uXZNarxxIuqt2kml_KdmlDOGisFm

oBsMKCitBgExXSSfjOs5If-bUgL8KvO5nx1a1QhzkKROlMcsp0SpqHlrdIWNWxZb7w

Oh and BTW, the icon is made by me - just a simple thing based on AOSP stuff.
    That's because my priority is functionality.

So if anyone has some skills, just PM me and we'll see :)

Updated!
    Now has a market version!!
    ss3wauefn.png

EDIT: You might want to try this version:
    NEWEST

Added a battery bar, too.

Maybe I'm gonna seperate the Quick Settings to a different app.
    But it'll always be included in EPM ;)

I'm also gonna add a Battery panel, and a Dimmer panel.
    The last one will be a screenoverlay. It will be a color you choose, with a transparency you choose.

EXAMPLE: It is late, your eyes are tired. You still want to read an e-mail.
    You apply a grey overlay with 70% alpha. That will dim the screen 70%, so that's better for your eyes ;)

Can be used for many more things though...