• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.1+] Fake iPhone 5 Launcher

Search This thread

panmoto

Feb 17, 2010
iphone look on your Android maybe the last thing you want to have, but as a prank this is fun stuff to install.
imagine the look of your friends that waiting for his iPhone 5 pre-order when you show that you already have one :)

iPhone 5 fake on Android :
Screenshot_2012-09-15-20-05-03.jpeg

not my app and not affiliated in anyway with the devs, just want to share.

h**p://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bb.iphone5

Last edited:

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009

If something is listed as iPhone 5, then I would expect photos to show 5 rows. Shame on me maybe if the market app photos show 5, but the couple places I saw mention this launcher all show the stock 4 icon, so you can take your "some people" and kindly return it to where it came. Longest run on sentence I've written in a while, shesh.

infernal88

Mar 17, 2012
Alexandria
If something is listed as iPhone 5, then I would expect photos to show 5 rows. Shame on me maybe if the market app photos show 5, but the couple places I saw mention this launcher all show the stock 4 icon, so you can take your "some people" and kindly return it to where it came. Longest run on sentence I've written in a while, shesh.

i tried the launcher ...it has the option to use the 4s view " 4 rows " or the iphone 5 view "5 rows"

iphone look on your Android maybe the last thing you want to have, but as a prank this is fun stuff to install.
imagine the look of your friends that waiting for his iPhone 5 pre-order when you show that you already have one :)

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bb.iphone5

Why link was borked?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tyfoxx

Mar 4, 2006
Toronto
What?

Maybe, maybe, maybe......... I think of stuff like this all the time, the funny thing is I don’t have the time or patients to follow through on it, kudos to the Dev for that….. its kinda like putting the skin of a Bently on a fiat, just to find out you are not comfortable and can't corner at a 140 KM an Hour….,, but you can make a run to the market in style.

Keep it going, perhaps a hybrid may work better, I mean Apple steal stuff all the time.

What do you call a cow with no legs?

BTW, does it run on a tablet.

Guidance
tyfoxx

jalaram

Jan 5, 2011
Manchester
As someone who has themed his Windows and X-Windows in many different themes (including MacOS), I don't mind seeing themes like this.

However, I'm going to pass on this based on the permissions (which, thankfully, he's open about):

This app uses several external libraries, including Google Analytics, ACRA, LeadBolt and other ad networks. Some of these libraries require additional permissions.
* SET_WALLPAPER and SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS are necessary to set & retrieve the home screen wallpaper
* INTERNET_ACCESS, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and ACCESS_WIFI_STATE are required for Google Analytics, ACRA and advertising networks.
* READ_PHONE_STATE, WAKE_LOCK and RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED are required for advertising networks (currently interstitials, and push notifications may be enabled in future)
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is required to cache error reports before transmission, and for rich media ads

lilhaiti

Aug 11, 2010
Washington DC
All you guys knocking this app because it looks like an iPhone...you are missing the point. Hence the name "Fake iPhone 5 Launcher"...it is meant to poke fun at the iPhone...I think it is absolutely and utterly sweet that we can make are phones look like any phone on the market.

This app is also great for iPhone converts...they can have an Android phone but still work in the comfortable confines of the iOS launcher.

Reactions: spaco22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Eww

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    Its funny. We have a powerful device. Open source. It legit would be like having a powerhouse pc with 16gb of ram and an i7 running windows 98. Make sense? No. Apple software is ****. Always has and always will. We don't need to taint the good word of android with this.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

h**p://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bb.iphone5
    Thats clearly an iPhone 4S.... its missing the extra row of icons.. duhhhh lol
    Thats clearly an iPhone 4S.... its missing the extra row of icons.. duhhhh lol

Exactly, lol. What a fail of a joke on the devs end