[APP][2.1+][FREE]Clicknav - fast address navigation (including Widget)

Search This thread

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
Hello

i want to present you my app and hope that you have some feedback for me. Now Version 2 is avaliable with public transport navoigation and i fixed some bugs.
Have FUN

Clicknav

Save and manage your favorite places or frequently used destinations and start Google's Navigation in just one click with this easy-to-use app.

supported navigation modes:
- car
- public transport (train,bus)
- bicycle
- foot

✔ Add places and positions to your app using the address or GPS coordinates
✔ Start Google Navigation with just one click.
✔ Choose your route based on means of transportation - by car, public transport, bicycle or foot.
✔ Set Widgets for your destionations and start the navigation directly from your home screen.
✔ Organize your frequently used addresses by catagory (e.g. family, friends, business contacts).
✔ Enables you to set exact place markers with Google Maps using either the map or GPS coordinates.
✔ Send your locations to contacts and share them with friends.
✔ Transfer new, interesting locations directly from Google Maps into your Clicknav app.
✔ Save your current position, for example to quickly find exactly where you parked your car.
✔ Backup your locations or export them in a excel file and import them on another device or aufter an update

✔ Suppoted by Android smartphones and tablets beginning with Version 2.1.

Note: To call up extended functions for your locations, press longer.

20448,screenshotoverview7M7W2.png
20449,screenshotmodeLOPOP.png
20450,screenshotmenuGAYNY.png
20451,screenshotwidgetsL0VW6.png
20452,screenshotgpsNQ16M.png

Last edited:

rmg2

Aug 10, 2010
Finally home!
Pleas give me some feedback if you like the app or which features you would like to have.

If you dont have a prerelease version, at least you could post some screenshots so people have some ideea what are you taking about. Who knows maybe its a good nav app.

EDIT: now your OP its just fine, i only post it from the first place because i saw over 150 views of your thread and poor description.

Last edited:

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
sadly i have to post 10 replys before ican add pictures and download links to my theads. But i am on it.
So the link and pictures will follow in a bit. When you look in Google Play for "Clicknav" you can find it.

Cheers

rmg2

Aug 10, 2010
Finally home!
sadly i have to post 10 replys before ican add pictures and download links to my theads. But i am on it.
So the link and pictures will follow in a bit. When you look in Google Play for "Clicknav" you can find it.

Cheers

Ok, i see!
But this was a good point to mention from the start: PlayStore :fingers-crossed:

Good luck with your app!

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
Now i added the updates. but sadly i can´t resize the Screenshots.
Have fun with the app.

Cheers

thesparky007

Oct 15, 2008
do people really need directions/navigation to places they go to frequently?
Sorry but i dont really see the purpose in this

snevel

Oct 23, 2012
do people really need directions/navigation to places they go to frequently?
Sorry but i dont really see the purpose in this

I tend to agree. Even going to familiar places from unfamiliar ones wouldn't seem to need an app.

It may have been a programming exercise f for the op.

Simeon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Its not necessary that one needs to be familiar with a route. Let's take an example ...
I go to Australia to visit my Bro (am unfamiliar with Australia as I live in the Middle East). Once am at his place I take his spare car and drive round the country side and need to get back home :s Had I set a marker before I left my bro's place, I could get directions easily. Ok, that was day 1. Day 2, I move out again ... remember I know my brother's place if I am near or about the locality but have no clue of where I am when I drive beyond a point. This could help me.

Now, if I have a widget on my launcher, I could use this right through my Australian trip.

That said, I have not tried this app yet. I do wish that this could tie up/ integrate with other offline map apps too such as Sygic, etc. When I am at my home, I use Google Maps a lot, but when I am touring, I use offline maps to save on my data. Would be good if I could go through Google maps on my PC, place markers and then have it pop up in my offline map application when I do not want to use Google maps.

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
It's not only usefull for common places. You can add any place you want. For example for a trip preparation.
You can also search places in Google Maps and for later use you can send the place to the app and safe it.
I work a lot in different citys and i use it dayly to get around. If you live in a small town it is easy to find your way but in big citys which you are not familiar with it's always a nightmare.
And with the categories you can easily manage your addresses for example by work, friends, family, discos and so on.
There are a lot people whih are brilliant in navigation but i am a bit stupid with this. so i created the app to help people like me to find there way faster(one click or even with a widget) and more easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: debernardis

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
Hello everybody.
I hope you hav fun with my app.
I added some new features which makes it more usable and a little help for beginners.

Features:
- save of last category
- added help
- added menu
- added button in menu to get current gps position

slonn

Nov 6, 2010
Great app, but is there any way of getting rid of the annoying ads at the bottom?

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
In the newest version i made them already less anoying. Because in the past the ads pushed the buttons away. Now the buttons stay where they are so that you can't accidentally press the ads.

And if i would put them on top then the ads would push away the list and then you maybe navigate to a location you don't want.
And i wanted to give a free app with full functionality instead of a demo version.
So i use the ads because it cost me a lot of work to create this app and to make it runable on a lot of systems.(Hopefully it's bug free)

CuriousTux

Dec 1, 2010
I'm liking the app so far you. I would gladly pay a $1 to have an ad free version. I had a few suggestions that hopefully could be added.

1. Even though when we save a location it saves the latitude and longitude can it also fill in the complete address for the location.
2. More labels notes is a good start phone would be another good one or even better you can add your own
3. maybe when you are in the location edit the button that you use to launch could instead be a street view image of the location.
4. option to change distance from km to miles for the US
5. options to sort addresses A-Z, distance from you etc...
6. more background colors and styles

Last edited:

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
Thanks a lot for those tips. After i read this i needed to implement some of this stuff in my app.

So here are the new features:
- automatic suggestions while you type in the address (only works with active internet connection)
- new labels like phone number, email and web
- new search function
- show distance in miles and feet
- sort locations by distance
- new info window with automatic functions like call, send email and start browser

Hope you have fun with the app. And please tell me if you have any trouble or if you like to see other stuff in the app.

PS.: I think about a payable version of the app without ads. But at the moment the amount of users is too small.
But you can change that :D

Last edited:

ACKMANIAC

Dec 1, 2012
Now a new Version is out with new features.
- added public transport navigation
- fixed an import export bug
- small grafic changes
- when you share an address out of the new version of google maps 7.0 than the application will be able to read the information

luisblop

Feb 25, 2014
REQUEST: Allow integration with KLets voice command

Hi,

First of all thanks for your great app. Really useful.

As many other users, I prefer to use a voice command when I'm on the road. So far the best for me is KLets and I was thinking if you could allow its developer to add support for your app in order to be able to launch a Clicknav's location item with the voice command: "Navigate to" + "location name".

There's a discussion in the support forum of KLets. Hopefully you could help us.
http://www.voicecontrolapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13463&p=16631#p16631

The idea is to allow external access to the location list and be able to invoke a location item via Intents (maybe there's an easier way).

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

i want to present you my app and hope that you have some feedback for me. Now Version 2 is avaliable with public transport navoigation and i fixed some bugs.
    Have FUN

Clicknav

Save and manage your favorite places or frequently used destinations and start Google's Navigation in just one click with this easy-to-use app.

supported navigation modes:
    - car
    - public transport (train,bus)
    - bicycle
    - foot

✔ Add places and positions to your app using the address or GPS coordinates
    ✔ Start Google Navigation with just one click.
    ✔ Choose your route based on means of transportation - by car, public transport, bicycle or foot.
    ✔ Set Widgets for your destionations and start the navigation directly from your home screen.
    ✔ Organize your frequently used addresses by catagory (e.g. family, friends, business contacts).
    ✔ Enables you to set exact place markers with Google Maps using either the map or GPS coordinates.
    ✔ Send your locations to contacts and share them with friends.
    ✔ Transfer new, interesting locations directly from Google Maps into your Clicknav app.
    ✔ Save your current position, for example to quickly find exactly where you parked your car.
    ✔ Backup your locations or export them in a excel file and import them on another device or aufter an update

✔ Suppoted by Android smartphones and tablets beginning with Version 2.1.

Note: To call up extended functions for your locations, press longer.

20448,screenshotoverview7M7W2.png
    20449,screenshotmodeLOPOP.png
    20450,screenshotmenuGAYNY.png
    20451,screenshotwidgetsL0VW6.png
    20452,screenshotgpsNQ16M.png
    It's not only usefull for common places. You can add any place you want. For example for a trip preparation.
    You can also search places in Google Maps and for later use you can send the place to the app and safe it.
    I work a lot in different citys and i use it dayly to get around. If you live in a small town it is easy to find your way but in big citys which you are not familiar with it's always a nightmare.
    And with the categories you can easily manage your addresses for example by work, friends, family, discos and so on.
    There are a lot people whih are brilliant in navigation but i am a bit stupid with this. so i created the app to help people like me to find there way faster(one click or even with a widget) and more easy.