[APP][2.1+] FTP Server Ultimate - FTP, SFTP, FTPS server with multi-user, no-root

Search This thread

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Unlike other FTP Server apps we have released an FTP Server with almost all the features you can think of. Some features FTP Server Ultimate has and most other apps don't have:

- Add multiple users: and give every user their own root, allow write access and force stay in given root directory
- Run FTP server over SSL (FTPS Implicit) to have a secure connection
- Or run FTP server over SSH (SFTP) to be even more secure! With even support for Secure Copy (SCP) and public key authentication.
- Run multiple servers at the same time!
- Extensive logging!
- No root needed!

And more features:
- Start/Stop a FTP server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Optionally only allow specified IP addresses to access a FTP Server
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- UTF-8 support
- Optional anonymous access
- The FTP Server can be accessed from the web (for example through your 3G connection) if supported by your mobile network
- No more need for an USB cable
- Share files with other devices

You can download it for free from Google Play (see the link below). I would appreciate it if you could leave a message stating what you think of the app, whether it works ok and whether you are missing anything. Quite some time has been put into it.

FTP Server Ultimate on Google Play

Video review by JIMMYMCGEE:
XDA TV

FAQ

How come I can't run a server on a port below 1024?
That is a limitation of Android. However, you can try out our app Port Forwarder Ultimate which allows you to access the server on a port below 1024! So you can for example run it on port 21.

All feedback is welcome!

Last edited:

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
No feedback yet? I would really appreciate it if someone could try it out and let me know what you think of it. I really have put some time into it :)

Bifurcator

Sep 25, 2012
Nagoya, Japan
tesselator.gpmod.com
I tried it just now!

I dig it!

A suggestion if I may:

Add a little more dummy-proofing like tell them their connect string is "ftp://192.168.0.7:41839/" or whatever... and for both public and local URLs. Instead of just letting them know their current port number and IP addresses, etc. People familiar with FTP and FTPS will get it but n00bs will get lost.

In all I dig it tho! I'll use it!

Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Vibrate on Connect (with my Galaxy Note SC-05D) isn't working.

And a status window with connected users (IP and/or login_name) and current operation (sending, receiving, CD folder name, etc) would be really nice - and in the basic version - it's kind of a safety thing IMO. Then press-holding on a user name should bring up an option panel menu: Kick, Kick-ban IP, Kick-Ban UserName, (and in the pay version: Send message).

Here's a little treat for ya... Opened into PhotoShop directly from my SC-05D phone:

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/Temporary/FTP_Grab.png

Now all I need is a gopher server and I'll be in retro-la-la-land! :D (j/k of course)

Last edited:

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
I tried it just now!

I dig it!

A suggestion if I may:

Add a little more dummy-proofing like tell them their connect string is "ftp://192.168.0.7:41839/" or whatever... and for both public and local URLs. Instead of just letting them know their current port number and IP addresses, etc. People familiar with FTP and FTPS will get it but n00bs will get lost.

In all I dig it tho! I'll use it!

Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Vibrate on Connect (with my Galaxy Note SC-05D) isn't working.

And a status window with connected users (IP and/or login_name) and current operation (sending, receiving, CD folder name, etc) would be really nice - and in the basic version - it's kind of a safety thing IMO. Then press-holding on a user name should bring up an option panel menu: Kick, Kick-ban IP, Kick-Ban UserName, (and in the pay version: Send message).

Here's a little treat for ya... Opened into PhotoShop directly from my SC-05D phone:

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/Temporary/FTP_Grab.png

Now all I need is a gopher server and I'll be in retro-la-la-land! :D (j/k of course)

Great to hear it's all working ok! Did you also try the sftp or ftps server? Thanks for the feedback!
Would you also be able to leave a review on Play? I would really appreciate that!

Did anyone else try the app??

rickyx

Jan 16, 2009
Port-au-Prince
Unlike other FTP Server apps we have released an FTP Server with almost all the features you can think of. Some features FTP Server Ultimate has and most other apps don't have:

- Add multiple users: and give every user their own root, allow write access and force stay in given root directory
- Or run FTP server over SSH (SFTP) to be even more secure! With even support for Secure Copy (SCP) and public key authentication.
- Extensive logging!
- No root needed!

And more features:
- Start/Stop a FTP server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- UTF-8 support
- The FTP Server can be accessed from the web (for example through your 3G connection) if supported by your mobile network

You can download it for free from Google Play (see the link below). I would appreciate it if you could leave a message stating what you think of the app, whether it works ok and whether you are missing anything. Quite some time has been put into it.

FAQ

That is a limitation of Android. However, you can try out our app Port Forwarder Ultimate which allows you to access the server on a port below 1024! So you can for example run it on port 21.

All feedback is welcome!

How to access from the web?
I'm using it and it works great!

burdman

Aug 9, 2011
Are all of the same features present in your "servers ultimate " app?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

M3xital

Aug 24, 2010
Italy
I'm having problems (Can't connect) using this with my Samsung GT-7100 Galaxy Note II.

I think is not an App problem but from the device. Every time i try to connect I'm getting this message : "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

Using other FTP Server and same result.

Never had this issue with my other device Galaxy S III.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Good to hear it works. About accessing from the web, you will need to use the public IP (visible under the info button on the start screen of the app). However, depending on your internet provider it might not work (some internet providers block it). If you use it through wifi you would need to enable port forwarding.

Yes, however, this app will be updated faster and is way less intensive to run on your device, since it's focused on FTP.

You're welcome :)

This got featured on the XDA portal!

Downloading and reviewing just for the sake of the hard work you put.
I just read it on XDA, great article! And thanks for the reviewing, really appreciate it.

I'm having problems (Can't connect) using this with my Samsung GT-7100 Galaxy Note II.

I think is not an App problem but from the device. Every time i try to connect I'm getting this message : "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

Thanks
That sounds like a port forwarding problem. Do you try to access it through WIFI and are you with the client on the same WIFI network? Could you elaborate a bit?

It would be great if everyone who tries it let's me know whether it works ok and whether you are missing anything. Also, reviews on Android Play are of course welcome :)

Thanks!

deaver_92

Mar 21, 2011
Mountlake Terrace
Good to hear it works. About accessing from the web, you will need to use the public IP (visible under the info button on the start screen of the app). However, depending on your internet provider it might not work (some internet providers block it). If you use it through wifi you would need to enable port forwarding.

Yes, however, this app will be updated faster and is way less intensive to run on your device, since it's focused on FTP.

I just read it on XDA, great article! And thanks for the reviewing, really appreciate it.

That sounds like a port forwarding problem. Do you try to access it through WIFI and are you with the client on the same WIFI network? Could you elaborate a bit?

It would be great if everyone who tries it let's me know whether it works ok and whether you are missing anything. Also, reviews on Android Play are of course welcome :)

Thanks!

Hello I'm a bit of a noob at the whole FTP thing. I downloaded the app, set up the server, and enabled port forwarding on my router. How do I gain access to the server? When I type my public ip into the url bar it just goes to my router login. I'm confused...

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I tried switching to 3G. I got a different public IP but I still got a "could not connect" error in the browser.

Sidenote-When I slide up the log menu it shows the different servers underneath, like there's no background in the log menu.

Last edited:

Northernmost

Mar 2, 2006
Lerwick
Server SSID Behaviour

Hi and thanks for putting this out. I've added, run and connected to a SFTP server with no problems :) But here's my problem - I'd like the same server to run on multiple SSIDs (e.g. my home and work ones).

When I tick the "start server when connected to selected wifi network" box I can only enter a single SSID and have the server start automatically when a connection comes up. I took a long shot and tried entering my two SSIDs with common delimiters (comma, semi-colon, backslash etc.) but no dice - the server wouldn't start automatically when connecting to either SSID (which wasn't unexpected as it's worded in the app to indicate whatever is entered is meant to be a single SSID). In the log I could see the server stop when wifi went down, log when wifi was connected to any SSID and when a server started and stopped.

I then tried creating an exact copy of the first server but with a different SSID set. Upon trying to save the second new server the app warned about two servers using duplicate ports and wouldn't let me save it. Fair enough but, with the particular settings, neither server should be running at the same time i.e. they are both set to only run when connected to different SSIDs. Picky picky I know ;)

I also tried leaving the SSID field blank.The thinking here was that, when left blank, it would try and start the server when any SSID was connected.

To summarise... the ability to start a server on: any wifi connection, multiple named SSIDs or a single SSID would be great.

kurokirasama

Jun 19, 2012
not conecting

hi:

I set up the sftp server without problem, but when i tried to access i got an error.

I tried to connect with:

ssh -p serverport [email protected]

sftp [email protected]

sftp serverip

But i get,

for ssh:
ssh: connect to host serverip port sererport: Connection refused

for sftp:
Connecting to serverip
ssh: connect to host serverip port 22: Connection refused
Connection closed

However, i connected with winscp without problem.

So, do you have any idea of why i can't connect with ssh and sftp?
And if i could solve the problem, can i use scp?

BR

Last edited:

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Hello I'm a bit of a noob at the whole FTP thing. I downloaded the app, set up the server, and enabled port forwarding on my router. How do I gain access to the server? When I type my public ip into the url bar it just goes to my router login. I'm confused...

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I tried switching to 3G. I got a different public IP but I still got a "could not connect" error in the browser.

Sidenote-When I slide up the log menu it shows the different servers underneath, like there's no background in the log menu.
Ah, it sounds like you forget using the port number. For example, you have an FTP server running on port 2121 with internal IP 192.168.1.54 and enabled port forwarding on your router to forward outside port 2121 to inside IP 192.168.1.54 and port 2121. Now you can access the FTP server using your public IP, for example 123.123.123.123
However, you need to specify the port number when using the IP. If you use a browser, type: ftp://123.123.123.123:2121/ That should work.
Let me know!

I'm trying to access through WiFi and yes client is on the same WiFi.
Ok, so client and server are on the same wifi. The server is, for example, running on 192.168.1.54 and port 2121, now on the client (probably a computer) use the browser and type in ftp://192.168.1.54:2121/
Let me know whether it worked!

Hi and thanks for putting this out. I've added, run and connected to a SFTP server with no problems But here's my problem - I'd like the same server to run on multiple SSIDs (e.g. my home and work ones).

When I tick the "start server when connected to selected wifi network" box I can only enter a single SSID and have the server start automatically when a connection comes up. I took a long shot and tried entering my two SSIDs with common delimiters (comma, semi-colon, backslash etc.) but no dice - the server wouldn't start automatically when connecting to either SSID (which wasn't unexpected as it's worded in the app to indicate whatever is entered is meant to be a single SSID). In the log I could see the server stop when wifi went down, log when wifi was connected to any SSID and when a server started and stopped.

I then tried creating an exact copy of the first server but with a different SSID set. Upon trying to save the second new server the app warned about two servers using duplicate ports and wouldn't let me save it. Fair enough but, with the particular settings, neither server should be running at the same time i.e. they are both set to only run when connected to different SSIDs. Picky picky I know

I also tried leaving the SSID field blank.The thinking here was that, when left blank, it would try and start the server when any SSID was connected.

To summarise... the ability to start a server on: any wifi connection, multiple named SSIDs or a single SSID would be great.
Good idea! Great to hear you tried all those options but unfortunately at this moment only one SSID can be specified. However, as soon as we thought of 2-3 more servers to add for the update we will also include the ability to select multiple SSID's

hi:

I set up the sftp server without problem, but when i tried to access i got an error.

I tried to connect with:

ssh -p serverport [email protected]

sftp [email protected]

sftp serverip

But i get,

for ssh:
ssh: connect to host serverip port sererport: Connection refused

for sftp:
Connecting to serverip
ssh: connect to host serverip port 22: Connection refused
Connection closed

However, i connected with winscp without problem.

So, do you have any idea of why i can't connect with ssh and sftp?
And if i could solve the problem, can i use scp?

BR
Good point, the SFTP server only supports SFTP commands and will work great with all SFTP clients, however, SSH commands are not all supported. You can try the linux sftp command.
However, we also released an SSH Server (on Play) which also supports SFTP and SCP. So if you try that app you can connect through SSH commands from the command line.
Let me know whether it worked.

Really cool, worked good, f*** MTP:D
You're right, way easier and can be used wireless!

I would appreciate if if everyone could leave a review on Play. Thanks for the feedback, more comments are of course welcome! :D

kurokirasama

Jun 19, 2012
Hi:

I tried your ssh server and with winscp i had no problems. I could also connect without problem trough ssh command. But when I tried scp, the server disconnect the command and some times the app closed itself.

I don't know why this happens, I hope you can help me. I could let it like this because with ssh command it is enough for me but it bothers me xd.

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Hi:

I tried your ssh server and with winscp i had no problems. I could also connect without problem trough ssh command. But when I tried scp, the server disconnect the command and some times the app closed itself.

I don't know why this happens, I hope you can help me. I could let it like this because with ssh command it is enough for me but it bothers me xd.
Could you send me the steps you took? So what client are you using and what command did you send that produced an error?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Extensive logging!
    - No root needed!

And more features:
    - UTF-8 support

Video review by JIMMYMCGEE:
    XDA TV

FAQ

All feedback is welcome!

This got featured on the XDA portal!

Downloading and reviewing just for the sake of the hard work you put.

Thanks

Thanks!
    Once you can specify multiple SSIDs (or blank SSID meaning enable for any WiFi connection) against a single server config it'll be working for me ;)
    Ah yes, I know :) Will be included in the update :)
    My Lenovo K3 Note, Android 6.0, non-root can't write access to external SDcard. Eventhough I set home to external SDcard. So saddddddd.