I also get forced close errors. but I will that checking clear cache in settings helpsEven with latest version I have many problems with Javelin.
Sometimes I get force close at Facebook page and in some forums (like ipmart forum) each link opens in a new tab by default.
Unleashed by my Nexus 4
It is my opinion that mobile browsers on Android suck because most of them are focused on feature count over ACTUAL mobile usability -- With most mobile browsers to be just a desktop browser squeezed into a small screen.
So I built Javelin Browser, extending from the very great code-base of Lightning Browser. Like Lightning Browser, Javelin is light-weight, and super-fast.
But that is nowhere enough. To get the mobile part right, here’s what I did.
- MINIMAL DESIGN to be minimalistic, intuitive, and beautiful.
- ADDED ADBLOCK natively, using the implementation of Adblock Plus with Easylist.
- ONE-TOUCH gesture per action
- READ EASILY with a reading mode just like Pocket app, Instapaper, Readability, etc.
Download now: Search for Javelin Browser on Google Play
Official Website: JavelinBrowser.com
My email address: [email protected]
Click here for more images.
This is an on-going project. As of April 2014, this is my second month into this. I’m commited to the Javelin project for at least the next 2 years. Let me know what you think!
- Fully featured Omnibox (It'll resemble that more of Firefox rather than Chrome - The suggestions will will lean slightly towards web-history/bookmarks over than web-search)
- Bookmarks.. Chrome Bookmarks import for one. (I personally want this)
In the pipeline:
* Javelin on Android Wear
* Link Bubble: Oh man, I love the idea. But it is really just chatheads + preloading of URLs and showing an overlay of a webview. It lacks a full browser backend. So yes. I plan to implement some sort of Chathead + Preloading feature in the very near future.
Addendum (full disclosure):
- Javelin is a forked project of Lightning Browser, under Apache License 2.0. Here's the link to the repo: https://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser
- As is with the app permissions, the app does register your email addresses to identify you as a user, and from time-to-time, you might receive a newsletter that you can opt-out anytime.
can anyone tell me what's the difference between Javelin Incognito Browser and Javelin Browser? They both seems to have same function, size, ...and lack of information on play store about it, isn't good as well.
Also, I founf this under article of AndroidPolice...
Any strong arguments against this?
I really suggest developer to make a proper FAQ, because lack of information about this make me suspicious (and your short activity on XDA doesn't help... I mean, profile created march 2014... )
Ok I'll load up an emulator to test this
I just spent the entire day overhauling the Reading mode. Now it works KICK-BUTT!
Also fixed the bug where Adblock is being oversensitive and blocking some sites such as YouTube.
And I just added immersive mode with transparent navigation bar and status bar (KITKAT only). And damn. It looks GREAT!
I have quite a few more TODOs to complete, I hope to release something tonight or tomorrow!
PS: I need 10 posts to post links and images. But be sure I'll do that once I reach my requisite post count
PSS: You guys are great! Keep the feedback coming!
PSSS: I love the pie control too, if you get what I mean It'll come.