• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.1+] Prof Reminder (Missed call reminder with Profiles)

Search This thread

Leembee

Aug 10, 2018
time reminder

Hi,
why not add probably last option what I think of -simple reminder based on specified time. (or can be done already?)
I know, Android contains its own Alarm (scheduler), but with this app you can set so much more.

for example: set reminder on time 15:10, delay 10s, duration 2m, volume 30%, flash short

Last edited:

jsusang

Jun 10, 2020
Hi, @dan_ru,

I have enjoyed using Prof Reminder for many years!

Will Prof Reminder alert for missed calls and text messages if the phone is set to "Do Not Disturb" with "Allow exceptions" for calls and messages from "Contacts only?"

I thought I read that Do Not Disturb (system setting?) will work with Prof Reminder. ?

I was unsuccessful setting up Profiles and testing the app to see if I would receive a reminder from the app when I had on Do Not Disturb (system) and entered the contact's phone number in Profiles (Prof Reminder Premium) in quotation marks.

Bigtime user error. I have no idea what I am doing. lol.
Please help!

Android 10
One UI 2.5
degooglefied
Galaxy Note9

jsusang

Jun 10, 2020
I appreciate your reply, @rodken!

Under the Day/Night Profiles, tried settings:
Sound enabled
DND enabled/disabled

(If the phone's DND is enabled for calls and messages from Contacts only, and enabled in Prof Reminder premium, the blocked calls and messages send reminders from the app.

Will not work if DND is unchecked in Prof Reminder and system DND is enabled from the settings I made)

Here's the Content Filters I created-

Content Filter settings:
Contain-
Contact's name in quotations
(example: "ET")

Not contain-
"Missed call"
"Messages"
"New Message"

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Google Pixel XL
OnePlus 8
I appreciate your reply, @rodken!

Under the Day/Night Profiles, tried settings:
Sound enabled
DND enabled/disabled

(If the phone's DND is enabled for calls and messages from Contacts only, and enabled in Prof Reminder premium, the blocked calls and messages send reminders from the app.

Will not work if DND is unchecked in Prof Reminder and system DND is enabled from the settings I made)

Here's the Content Filters I created-

Content Filter settings:
Contain-
Contact's name in quotations
(example: "ET")

Not contain-
"Missed call"
"Messages"
"New Message"
Remove the Day/Night profiles and start from a clean slate.

Reactions: jsusang

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
Anyone have any ideas how to find the app in the wear os appstore. I used to have it but I can't search it for the life of me after a reset

Terryjh

Jul 12, 2021
Hi Prof Reminder,

I have just come across your app and have been very impressed with it, it looks brilliant and well written
I wanted a rear camera flash alert for missed calls, SMS etc. and it after early initial testing it works well and is very versatile in how you can configure it.

I do have a few suggestions that I consider would be useful enhancements.

System status monitoring.
It would be great if it could alert if, when the screen is locked, Wifi, GPS or Bluetooth has been left on.
It is very easy to miss the fact that one or more of these have been left switched on when locking the screen with the subsequent heavy drain on the battery. Of course it may be that you need to add a new control widget for 'system status' alerts in case you need to leave them on with the screen locked.

Note you could also add one or more of the following extra system status checks:
Airplane mode, Silent mode, Vibrate mode, Mobile Data on, NFC on, Wifi hot spot on.

Battery level checking
I have not been able to use this as these days charging your battery to 100% is not recommended and I follow a 55% -> 70% charging strategy. So it would be good have an adjustable 'charged' range down to (say) 50% and 'low level' adjustable up to (say) 60%.

Finally a 'shake' to stop would also be useful to me.

JohnC

May 5, 2007
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 4a
Dev, Please add the option of instead of playing a sound, the user can choose to use TTS (Text-to-Speech) so your app can say stuff!

For example, I often forget what different alert sounds mean. For example, I'll forget the difference between the sound of waiting voicemail from a missed call, or if I have emails or new text messages. However, if your app had the ability to speak out loud a phrase instead of playing a sound would be so much more useful. For example, your app could say "You have waiting voicemails" when it detects those notifications from the phone app.

Or I could setup a content filter and when a get a text message from a friend, it could say "Text message from Andy". Other notification intercept apps will say the senders name *and* their message out loud before I can stop it - which can lead to embarrassing situations!

The number of uses is only limited to your imagination if you could add this ability!

mmusc

Jul 29, 2021
I just found this app yesterday and installed it because I wanted different notification sounds played for different notifications from my Wyze app. I also downloaded a program called "Narrators Voice" (Heavy ad's but free and does the job). The narrator app lets you type in a phrase and it will speak it out. Then you have the option of saving an mp3 file of the phrase. Then go back to Prof Reminder and choose the new file for your sound. Right now, I have it set up for Wyze to notify me of the door locking, unlocking, and someone ringing the doorbell with 3 different phrases. The door was unlocked. The door was locked. Someone is ringing the doorbell. I also set it up to distinguish by voice my garage door opening and closing, along with a voice that reminds me that the door is still open. Plus, with the life360 app, It now tells me who has arrived at home by voice for each person. This eliminates the need to constantly picking up your phone to see what the notification was for. I had different sounds for each app but not each event and now I do.

Reactions: Zaxx32

nevermind2001

Oct 5, 2009
Hey

i´m using prof reminder pro for years. i want to install it on my new phone today but i can not find it on play store. the link on the website results a "not found page".

1629793850386.png

What happend?

@dan_ru

Last edited:

JohnC

May 5, 2007
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 4a
Wow, it was in the play store just a month or so ago because I posted a suggestion.

The latest version was 3.3.2

The support email is: [email protected]

And the XDA forum for it is here:

...And I see you already knew about that ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Prof Reminder

attachment.php
    attachment.php

version 2.0.8

Description:
    Missed call and SMS/MMS reminder with profiles.
    The application notify you of missed calls and unread SMS/MMS. Useful on phones without an LED indicator.

Features:
    ★ Support profiles.
    ★ Remind by: sound, vibration, turning screen on, camera flash (not all devices are supported), LED indicator.
    ★ Remind about: missed call, unread sms and mms messages.
    ★ Notifications for 3rd party applications: WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vkontakte, ... (only in Premium version).
    ★ Contact filter - allow to start notification only for defined contacts (only in Premium version).
    ★ Night mode.
    ★ Customizable notification schedule: order of notifications, repeat interval and repeats count.
    ★ You can set different reminders for missed calls and unread messages.
    ★ Option to disable sound when you set your phone in silent mode.
    ★ Option to ignore accidental (short) calls.
    ★ Does not disturb during a call.
    ★ Widgets.
    ★ Flash on call.
    ★ Plugin for Tasker / Locale.
    ★ And more ...

And:
    ★ No advertising.
    ★ Safe (no internet permission, no root access).
    ★ Compact size.
    ★ Low memory consumption.

Requirements:
    Android 2.1+

Demo video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5TxPZdS-c

Languages supported:
    * English
    * Deutsch (thanks Michael K.)
    * Dutch (thanks Ferry Swinkels)
    * Français (thanks lduflot70)
    * Italiano
    * Русский
    * 中文 - 简体
    * 中文 - 繁體
    * 조선어
    * Čeština
    * Српски
    * Български (thanks Mitko A.)
    * Polski (thanks Maciej)
    * Magyar (thanks Lajos S.)
    * Slovenský (thanks Pyler)
    * Azərbaycan
    * Українська (thanks Nazar Kramar)
    * Romanian (thanks Cristian Chirilă)
    * Portuguese (thanks Dário Macedo)
    * Greek translation (thanks Vasilakis G., Panos M., Hary Kalosakas).
    * Español
    * فارسی
    * العربية
    * You can add/update translation here http://goo.gl/W0QHv
    My native language is not English, so, please feel free to edit English translation too.

Download:

The project needs your support. You can help if you:
    * upgrade to Premium version,
    * rate it,
    * write a review,
    * translate the app into your language.

If you have any question, suggestions, bugs please write it in this thread.
    Version 2.0.5 released:
    - Improved work of contact filter.
    - Various small improvements.
    - Added Arabic translation.
    - Updated translations.
    Version 2.0.8 released:
    - Minor bug fix.
    - Updated translations.
    Updated to version 1.8.0.

Changelog:
    - Added option for selection audio stream.
    - Fixed work of option 'Hidden' in 'Contact filter'.
    - Fixed rare bug when incoming message was ignored.
    - Updated translations.
    Updated to version 2.0.2:
    - Improved stability on Android 6.
    - Updated translations.