[App] [2.1+] SwitchMe Multiple User Accounts - Securely Share Your Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ineedaname

Nov 7, 2010
Anything odd in the properties (size) of the account you are ACTUALLY in, even if the app thinks differently? I just solved the same problem, in my case disk space for profile one were all zeroes except for apps (3.45 megs)

Open a terminal window (I'm using CyanogenMod, you may have to download an app for that)

su
[Grant superuser privileges when prompted]
cd data/.profiles
ls 2
ls 1
In my case the listing for profile 1 only had one item (app)

Now the potentially dangerous part, it solved my problem but do it at your own risk. Basically we're wiping the defective profile (which will backed up again when we switch out of it, so nothing is lost) and exchange profiles 1 and 2 to reverse the app's confusion.

cd 1
rm -Rf *
cd ..
mv 1 3
mv 2 1
mv 3 2

Now force close SwitchMe if running, open it, and you should be able to switch back to the other profile.

Wish you all the best! Let me know if it works for you

Luca

WOOOT!!!

Thx man it worked!

No clue how this problem happened to start with though but I'm glad it is fixed now.

creativeevent

May 14, 2010
SwitchMe - "factory reset" after switching

Dear SwitchMe-Team and Experts,

I used to be very happy with this app - since this week.
I created 4 profiles but mainly switched between profile 1 and prof 2. Worked like a charm.

Monday, I was switching from prof 1 to prof 2 and then my Nexus 5 welcomed me to my "new phone" - f....ck!! I knew, there was some gone wrong... I rebooted, but without success.
I then was setting up and installed SwitchMe quickly. I then saw all 4 profiles - but they were all empty - zeros everywhere (in the profile overview) and I was not able to switch to another profile. It stucks on the "new" created profile - there is/was nothing I could do. The content of the storage partition was still there - at least.

I was resetting the whole phone - gone back to official nexus 4.4.4. and then installed the custom Rom (Mahdi 2.7).
Was setting up everything again, the main profile (1) and the second one (2) and two more profiles.

Guess what? After I was finished installing everything on profile 1 and 2, and after some successful switches (20-30 more or less), it happened again. Same error as described above.
After rebooting (dalvic flushing), Android was updating ~120 Apps (yeah, I tought, I was back again) - but there were no apps - it was a "clean new profile" without my data. Switching impossible - like described above.

The f...ck... Somebody an idea what happens here?

Here some info:
Nexus 5, 16GB
Mahdi ROM 2.7 (20140903)
Kernel: ElementalX-N5-1.10

I absolutely have no clue what could have happened, that after some switching the phone seems to make a factory reset.

Are there some known issues that cause this error?

Thank you guys for some help.

Nov 27, 2014
Switch me keeps crashing on second profile.. please help!

Hi,

When I installed Switch me, I just got a warning that some of my apps are on sd card and my behave strangely, which I ignored. Then I successfully made two profiles. Then I switched onto second profile (switch me prompted me that it could take 5 mins, which I accepted) . The phone sucessfully rebooted, created a new profile. But the switch me in it always shows the message that it has crashed. I tried to load but in vain. As a result of which I am stuck on second profile and can't switch to first/primary one which contains all my data. Also, in second profile it is always showing the message that "Storage Space Running Out". The crash may be due to that, m assuming. But I can't delete/ uni stall anything as the applications are not showing.

Could you please tell me how to resolve this problem.

I need to enter into my first/primary profile as I have my data in it. Please guide how I could achieve it. Either some manual procedure or some other way out thought which I could boot into my first/primary profile.

Please guide, its very urgent.

My Phone is samsung note GT-7000 having rooted official samsung jelly bean rom.

Thanks.

Reactions: MoritzMax

Kumar_P01

Oct 28, 2014
bangalore
Root access gone after installing SwitchMe Multiple User Accoun

Hi Experts,

help me I need your help badly, I had rooted my mobile using oneclickroot application. today I installed SwitchMe Multiple User Account after which I created two profile profile 1 & profile 2 then I switched the profile from 1 to 2 the mobile rebooted and guess wat root access is gone and all the applications based on root access are gone only SwitchMe Multiple User Account application was present, when I tried opening the application it states you don't have root access and now the mobile looks as a new mobile with all default settings and applications please held what has to be done now.

thanks in advance...

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Hi Experts,

help me I need your help badly, I had rooted my mobile using oneclickroot application. today I installed SwitchMe Multiple User Account after which I created two profile profile 1 & profile 2 then I switched the profile from 1 to 2 the mobile rebooted and guess wat root access is gone and all the applications based on root access are gone only SwitchMe Multiple User Account application was present, when I tried opening the application it states you don't have root access and now the mobile looks as a new mobile with all default settings and applications please held what has to be done now.

thanks in advance...

Perhaps you should install superuser to system? Or just also install it to your second profile? Or turn on su in the profile if youre using cm...

lourdes71

Apr 2, 2014
new profile problem

Hi

I added a new profile to my switchme (working flawlessly lately, I must say) and at first boot with this new profile the system stops and won't let me operate - it gets stuck at first-use settings

I think there was not enough space in my device to add a new profile

Is there any way I can make switchme boot from any of the other profiles that actually work?
so I don't have to format everything and start from scratch... I don't have a backup!

thanks for your help

Reactions: MoritzMax

Anzvai

Nov 7, 2016
Hi, I'm really worried. I have installed this app, I've crated a new profile and switched to the new profile. Android reboots in the new profile without any app (as expected) but I don't find SwitchMe anymore. I think it's probably because I had few space in memory. So I delete some files (pictures) to be able to install the app again. I do it. Now in the app I can see the original profile but I can't switch back to it anymore! I see the SWITCH option only for the new profile. It acts as if I already was in the original profile but it's not so obviously!
It's frustrating because in the app I can see the original profile with still all data in memory!
Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SwitchMe - share your device!

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple user spaces just as you would on a desktop computer, with each profile having its own separate system settings, apps and data.

Some of the benefits of this technology:

Privacy
    Securely share one device among many users, protect your accounts with passwords and log out automatically.

Kids
    Create a profile for the kids, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with.

Gaming
    Overclock your profile for maximum performance in intensive games

Speed
    Imagine a buttery smooth profile, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down.

Testing
    Create a sandbox profile to easily test applications and themes - no more nandroid nightmares!

Battery
    Switch to a profile which only contains the essentials to save power through brute force.

Critical usage warning:

Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through the device recovery.

READ THE HELP FILE CAREFULLY TO AVOID ISSUES

Without the Key, this application allows a maximum of 2 profiles and no security features.

Only the standard Android implementation of Apps2SD is currently supported. Use all others at your own risk.

Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create secondary profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low.
    These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The free version allows the creation of two profiles and has no security features.

Screens:

Seems really amazing! but sounds risky, so I will wait for feedback from others. I just hope that the switching does not take up too much time or battery for that matter.

I just tried it on Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Tab 10.1 - it works amazingly!!! Now going to make a secret private profile for my double life ;)
    Adminitrator accounts
    Any profile on the device can be given elevated-privelage administrator rights. These accounts have the ability to wipe all profiles from the device, or delete individual profiles. An administrator however can not switch to other password-protected accounts, only remove them or grant them administrator permissions.

Once you have granted admin rights to a profile, the owner of that profile will have the same privilages as you. You can revoke these rights from the same menu in security settings.

Incompatibility errors
    These are usually caused by Superuser installations outside /system. If you find that this error occurs inside a newly created profile, go to the market and download the Superuser app and then go back into SwitchMe. You should now be able to switch back to your original profile.

These can also be used by erroneous A2SD links in your ROM. Try another if you need this app to work.

Custom Roms
    Most stock based roms work flawlessly, some custom ones do not. We know that MIUI currently has framework glitches. CM7 and CM9 are known to work well - tested on Xoom, Xoom 2, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer 101/201/301 and Galaxy Tab 7.7/8.9/10.1, Incredible S, Sensation, Iconia tabs, Nexus 7
    A general to do list from user feedback (not exclusive)

Must have
    Widget like in Call Master [done]
    Encryption
    Export profiles to SD
    Location aware (probably through Tasker)

Could use
    More detailed info
    App/data sharing
    Custom lockscreen

Would be nice
    Support for A2SD etc [done]
    Reserve space for profiles
    An update has been released and should be available for download in half an hour or so. Heres the gist:

- Fixed Superuser issue (please recreate all your profiles or install Superuser from the market in all previously created profiles if this issue affected you)
    - Fixed start up crash on some 2.1 and 2.2 devices
    - Fixed many device-specific bugs
    - Reworked UI (new profile selector, new details)
    - Added more warning screens
    - Added administrator account functionality
    - Added full profile wipe

Have there been many instances of this getting stuck in a bootloop and needing a restore? I'm a bit nervous about putting it on my Prime since it doesn't have CWM yet and there's a scary usage warning.

Boot loops should only affect devices with small memory cards (and people who disregard the automatic low-memory warning the app will show). You should be fine, there is after all a recovery of some kind on the device.

What's the process of "undoing" the multiple profiles if ever needs be? I was going to look on the dev site from the market, and it's dead. Thanks. :)

We are in the process of creating a new site. To remove the profiles, use the Wipe feature in the settings of todays release.

Do you know if this will work on the Xperia Play?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

I dont see why not.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone