[APP][2.2+][BETA6] Generic Widget Lockscreen

Search This thread

FireZenk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2010
firezenk.com
GWL is a new free Lockscreen that focuses on the comprehensive use of widgets on the screen lock is designed so that everything you put in it are widgets and therefore supports 100% of existing widgets for Android.

In addition, following this philosophy incorporates a unique unlock, any knowledgeable person can develop their own widget that will help unlock the screen and to prove "GWL unlock button" is incorporated into the app.

Also I liberate a miniSDK for users with more limited knowledge you can design your own release buttons/widgets.
miniSDK: http://code.google.com/p/gwl-mini-sdk/

I need beta testers to try this app and help me improve it and polish it before uploading to the official market

Some screenshots of its current state, since I still have things to polish:

device20110814130822.png

device20110719120013.png

AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTIONS:
The top 8 screenshots that you provide will be include in the market
and the 2 best of them (1 tablet and 1 smartphone) which will place them in the head of the market (promotional graphic).

Beta6 Changelog:
-ADDED Economy mode (Battery saver)
-ADDED Russian translation, thanks to russiancrazy

-SOLVED FC with MIUI & SENSE3.0
-SOLVED No recipient email on report bug option

Beta5 Changelog:

ADDED -The system log (logcat) is added to the "Report a bug" button.
ADDED -Passive mode (Experimental).
ADDED -Option to show notification bar.
ADDED -Translation to PT / BR, thanks to Uhuhu.
ADDED -Translation to PL, thanks to _TB_TB_.

CHANGED -The Force is not setted by default.

SOLVED -NoAd layer dont dissmis when Ad is visible.

Beta4 Changelog:
ADDED -Use lock widget on Home screen to lock the terminal
SOLVED -Disabling functions isn't really possible because nothing stays highlighted
SOLVED -When disabling your app it goes back to the default lock screen (glass) and not back to the previous one.
SOLVED -Car Mode got enabled.
SOLVED -When adding a widget the title is still in Spanish(?)
SOLVED -When i press the "home" button, it locks in stead of going back to the home screen.
SOLVED -It isn't clear or explained what "use the force" does.
SOLVED -Could not find a way to launch the application settings.

Beta6 Knowed issues:

[CURRENT] Beta6 & Translation files (arrays / strings)

Attachments

• GenericWidgetLockscreenBeta3.apk
    231.3 KB · Views: 1,520
  • GenericWidgetLockscreenBeta4.apk
    234.5 KB · Views: 758
  • GenericWidgetLockscreenBeta5.apk
    246.9 KB · Views: 628
  • GenericWidgetLockscreenBeta6.apk
    258.7 KB · Views: 2,551
Last edited:

phoenixs4r

Aug 28, 2010
Force close upon opening application, HTC Incredible running MIUI

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

phoenixs4r

Aug 28, 2010
When you say '100%' of existing android Widgets, do you refer to sense Widgets as well?

FireZenk

Mar 9, 2010
firezenk.com
When you say '100%' of existing android Widgets, do you refer to sense Widgets as well?

If not using a menu from the list of widgets, you should appear seamless.
Anyway I mean all those in the market.

It is possible that some extreme launcher modifications as MIUI got some problems, so there is this phase of beta testing, to identify best and fix them.

knox420

May 27, 2010
nice one, will give it a shot.

does it support a "passive" mode (that is, non-interactive) for the widgets? that would be very neat for most widgets I can think of putting on my homescreen. I basically need status information like weather, unread messages, todos/agenda, and stuff like that. being able to make those widgets passive would allow me to get information from them without compromising the lockscreen's actual purpose which is preventing the phone from unwanted input.

bambam82

Oct 20, 2010
www.bamweb.nl
My feedback

Hi,

i gave it a try and here is my feedback:
  • when adding a widget, the title is still in another language
  • The widgets can't be moved
  • after unlocking, it goes into 'car mode', please change
  • The setting "use secret code" doesn't stay highlighted even though it is an active option
  • Also for the custom wallpaper, so i think i can say that active options doesn't stay highlighted
  • The security code can't be swype (with swype beta), if this is not an option it should be mentioned
  • It isn't clear or explained what "use the force" does...
  • When i press the "home" button, it locks in stead of going back to the home screen
  • Disabling functions isn't really possible because nothing stays highlighted
  • When disabling your app it goes back to the default lock screen (glass) and not back to the previous one, in my case the security lock with swype.

I have a SGS2 phone with the cognition ROM v1.31

I hope this helps you further programming. I have to say i like the idea very much. Maybe in the future you can have certain apps as well, like phone, whatsapp, messaging. So that when you unlock you can go to these apps.

Keep up the good work. good luck.

Apr 28, 2011
Parma
Hi mate, nice app.
I tried it and I have som suggestions.
The default "unlock" system is too easy, I think u should provide at least one scrollable unlock button as default to avoid accindentally unlocks.
Another suggestion, I found it hard to place widget in some positions of the screen, maybe u should implement something to move widget when they are placed. Something like a menu entry "Move Widgets" should be good.
Sorry for my bad English :)
CYA

Knucklessg1

Mar 27, 2010
knucklessg1.blogspot.com
Very good, here are some suggestions
Fix the wallpaper to fit the screen.
But more importantly, add a mode in the app itself to trigger an editing mode which will allow you to move widgets around in the lockscreen. It would also be awesome if you were able to add different unlock modes, like vanilla unlock, drag a bar down, touchwiz unlock, sense 3.0 unlock. These are just ideas, but so far no problems. Good job.

Also please add descriptions to the settings, I didn't understand a couple like jedi mode.

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
seems good so far. any plans for offering an API for 3rd party developers to let them lock/unlock the lockscreen?

FireZenk

Mar 9, 2010
firezenk.com
I love you guys!
Thank you for this amazing collaboration I have in mind all your suggestions.
-I liked the "passive mode", it was something I wanted to add.
-As you move from place widgets is more complicated, but of course I will try to implement it.

seems good so far. any plans for offering an API for 3rd party developers to let them lock/unlock the lockscreen?

Yes, I plan to publish a small sample code with the unlock button on googlecode on a few days.

But if you desire to keep trying is as simple as that when it's time to send the signal to unlock use this public broadcast:

Code:
Intent i = new Intent("com.firezenk.gwlads.kill");
context.sendBroadcast(i);

----
It seems that the program is not currently compatible with MIUI if anyone could send the LogCat from time to give FC would appreciate it very much.

Reactions: j4velin

fencer

Nov 18, 2006
Haz Zebbug
www.claudesammut.com
These are the issues I had so far:

-Soon after I added a widget it crashed without any warning messages.
-Could not remove the widgets in the usual method, had to use the Menu>Remove all widgets option
-Sometimes Launching the locker does the same thing as pressing the home button.
-Car Mode got enabled
-When adding a widget the title is still in Spanish(?)
-Could not find a way to launch the application settings.

Using: HTC Desire with CM7.1 RC1

Last edited:

FireZenk

Mar 9, 2010
firezenk.com
SOLVED -Disabling functions isn't really possible because nothing stays highlighted
SOLVED -When disabling your app it goes back to the default lock screen (glass) and not back to the previous one.

Thanks guys :)

I added translation files to 1st post, please consider translating it into your language :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GWL is a new free Lockscreen that focuses on the comprehensive use of widgets on the screen lock is designed so that everything you put in it are widgets and therefore supports 100% of existing widgets for Android.

In addition, following this philosophy incorporates a unique unlock, any knowledgeable person can develop their own widget that will help unlock the screen and to prove "GWL unlock button" is incorporated into the app.

Also I liberate a miniSDK for users with more limited knowledge you can design your own release buttons/widgets.
    miniSDK: http://code.google.com/p/gwl-mini-sdk/

I need beta testers to try this app and help me improve it and polish it before uploading to the official market

Some screenshots of its current state, since I still have things to polish:

device20110814130822.png

device20110719120013.png

AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTIONS:
    The top 8 screenshots that you provide will be include in the market
    and the 2 best of them (1 tablet and 1 smartphone) which will place them in the head of the market (promotional graphic).

Beta6 Changelog:
    -ADDED Economy mode (Battery saver)
    -ADDED Russian translation, thanks to russiancrazy

-SOLVED FC with MIUI & SENSE3.0
    -SOLVED No recipient email on report bug option

Beta5 Changelog:

ADDED -The system log (logcat) is added to the "Report a bug" button.
    ADDED -Passive mode (Experimental).
    ADDED -Option to show notification bar.
    ADDED -Translation to PT / BR, thanks to Uhuhu.
    ADDED -Translation to PL, thanks to _TB_TB_.

CHANGED -The Force is not setted by default.

SOLVED -NoAd layer dont dissmis when Ad is visible.

Beta4 Changelog:
    ADDED -Use lock widget on Home screen to lock the terminal
    SOLVED -When i press the "home" button, it locks in stead of going back to the home screen.
    SOLVED -It isn't clear or explained what "use the force" does.
    SOLVED -Could not find a way to launch the application settings.

Beta6 Knowed issues:

[CURRENT] Beta6 & Translation files (arrays / strings)
    Ill help. how do i get the app?
    I love you guys!
    Thank you for this amazing collaboration I have in mind all your suggestions.
    -I liked the "passive mode", it was something I wanted to add.
    -As you move from place widgets is more complicated, but of course I will try to implement it.

Yes, I plan to publish a small sample code with the unlock button on googlecode on a few days.

But if you desire to keep trying is as simple as that when it's time to send the signal to unlock use this public broadcast:

Code:
    Intent i = new Intent("com.firezenk.gwlads.kill");
    context.sendBroadcast(i);

----
    It seems that the program is not currently compatible with MIUI if anyone could send the LogCat from time to give FC would appreciate it very much.
    @FireZenk I can translate it to PT-BR if you wish. And if you tell me how cuz I'm not a developer.
    Translation files on the first post, thanks :D

Also, I'm getting a "No ad" + ad on the lock screen..
    SOLVED -On the next version, sorry for that :)
    --> Beta 5 seems to be buggy.. I've istalled it and it default to PL instead of english or pt-br..
    Uninstalled and reinstalled and still PL..

Code:
    arrays.xml
    <item>Modo passivo</item>
    <item>Mostrar barra de notificações</item>

strings.xml
    <string name="hello">Criado/Programado por FireZenk@xda\nTraduções por: FireZenk, _TB_TB_ e Uhuhu\nObrigado aos usuários deste programa, aos fóruns XDA e HTCmania</string>
    <string name="options_advanced_force_explain">Para destravar usando o sensor de luminosidade</string>
    <string name="options_advanced_passive_explain">Os widgets não são clicáveis (Experimental)</string>
    <string name="acquiring_log_progress_dialog_message">Criando um log do sistema...</string>
    <string name="failed_to_get_log_message">Falha ao obter o log do sistema</string>