[APP][2.2+] calendar silencer free/paid version

Search This thread

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
Calendar Silencer is an app that is responsible for muting your phone during meetings / dates / movies .... and unmuting your phone when the meeting ended.

features included:

• import events from all or specified calendars
  • creating filters based on words or phrase that you don't want your event to include
  • enable notification before the alarm start
  • choose silent mode (silent , silent + vibrate)
  • Precede event to now in case meeting start early
  • postpone event based on user's interval
  • open original event to edit
  • Auto schedule events ( auto poilot mode ) - full version feature
  • contacts exception - enable specified contacts to override silent mode full version feature

quick tutorial - settings
  • specify which calendars you want to watch - default all.
  • choose silent mode - silent or vibrate.
  • enable notifications - enable this to receive notification a minute before the event start .
  • choose time to scan - select how much time you wish for the app to scan ahead.

• from the main screen slide left or press the right button on the top right corner to move to events screen.
  • from the events screen tap menu and "update from calendar" to get a list updated events.
  • tap on an event to get list of actions.
    actions include :
    • schedule - this will schedule the event to mute when the event start
    • delete - delete the event from application database - not from the calendar itself
    • create filters - create filters from this event's title
    • start event now - start event now and schedule unmute when the events suppose to end for early starting meeting
    • postpone event for meeting the goes beyond expected
    • open event - open original event event in calendar for editing purpose
  • from the events screen slide left or press the right button on the top right corner to move to filters screen.
    note that in free version there is only 1 type of filters which are "ignore this" filter.
  • this filter type will specify words that if found in the event title the event will be ignored/
  • full version feature - auto schedule filter
    this filter type will auto schedule an event if the the filter exist in the event title/
  • from the filters screen slide left or press the right button on the top right corner to move to exceptions screen. this screen can be reached from main screen
  • select contacts for whom the phone will ring even in silent mode

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.swarly.silencer.app
enjoy and rate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8ESP

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
How about Touchdown support? That would make this incredibly handy for Exchange users!

Touchdown actually does not sync anything to the device.
since this app read local synced events it can't read Touchdown settings or data (events for that matter).
If you wish to use Exchange calendar you can always sync your exchange account to the device using ActiveSync like this
settings -> accounts and sync -> add account -> Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

once you synced you device this app will be able to read Exchange calendar.

anyway thanks for the advice and ill try to add support for remote Exchange

update:
i added an "add new calendar account " button in settings for those who don't have their account configured

Last edited:

8ESP

Aug 11, 2010
I bought the full version but just can't get it to work.
I went to "Events list" and pressed menu > Update from calendar, and I can see all my events in the list. But it just says "will schedule - event".

Then I go to the "Filters list" and see "all. schedule", yet my phone does not go silent when my events start.

The on/off button is very confusing. When the button is red and says "off", does it mean that it is off, or that I should press it if I wish to turn it off?

Thanks!

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
I went to "Events list" and pressed menu > Update from calendar, and I can see all my events in the list. But it just says "will schedule - event".

Then I go to the "Filters list" and see "all. schedule", yet my phone does not go silent when my events start.

The on/off button is very confusing. When the button is red and says "off", does it mean that it is off, or that I should press it if I wish to turn it off?

Thanks!

Hi.
the on/off button indicate the current state, meaning when the button is green and it's say "on" that mean that auto schedule is enabled

"all schedule" is the default filter that indicate that all events will be scheduled.

please pay attention that even event will be scheduled automatically only if the on/off button is in "on" state.

Pay attention that Calendar Silencer will not schedule events that already in progress, for example if you have event that start in 12:00 and you started the auto schedule in 12:05 the event will not be schedule.

if you enabled notifications please notice that the notification will disappear once the event has started, pressing the notification will clear the notification but also will cancel the alarm

let me know if have any more problems

Reactions: 8ESP

timehunter

Jun 15, 2007
I've been using a different app that seems to have this same feature set, and has been around longer.

How is this better than other competing apps that perform the same functions?

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
I've been using a different app that seems to have this same feature set, and has been around longer.

How is this better than other competing apps that perform the same functions?

I cant compare these competing apps you are talking about because i don't know exactly what apps are you talking about .

I can answer you this:
before i wrote this app i looked in the market for something that will fulfill these requirements:
  • easy to use
  • work with synced calendars like exchange or Gmail calendar
  • will have to option to fire and forget
i downloaded several apps including paid ones and I couldn't find what i was looking for.
the ones that was simple couldn't work with synced calendars.
and those who could work with synced calendars were overkill ( profile apps that could do almost anything ) were to complicated to operate and demanded a lot of configurations and frustration.

So I decided to do my best to fulfill the goals i wrote to myself and try to keep it as simple as possible .

Because I cant look at every tool/app that exist in the market there may be an app out there that does serve the same functionality , but odds are that it either not do exactly the same or is a lot more complicated then this one.

Regards
Swarly

cpitzu

Jul 19, 2008
error during level 2

i've been using tasker but recently i starder cleaning my app list and noticed that i was using a mighty appp like tasker for just silencing the phoe when i was "busy" in my calendar.
i found your app which probably does what i want but i got intro trouble with it. i get an error when i try to turn it on (error during level 2) and the app crashes when i want to switch to the events tab (second tab).
also i haven't been able to test the filter option: i just want my phone to go silent when o am "busy" in the calendar - that's it. does the filter option allow for such a setup?

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
i've been using tasker but recently i starder cleaning my app list and noticed that i was using a mighty appp like tasker for just silencing the phoe when i was "busy" in my calendar.
i found your app which probably does what i want but i got intro trouble with it. i get an error when i try to turn it on (error during level 2) and the app crashes when i want to switch to the events tab (second tab).
also i haven't been able to test the filter option: i just want my phone to go silent when o am "busy" in the calendar - that's it. does the filter option allow for such a setup?

hi
Unfortunately busy mode is not yet supported in this app but its a good idea i will add asap.

please check the program version I'm updating and fixing bug almost on daily basis.
the current program version is 1.2.24
additionally if you can please report the problem using the report error button so i can have an idea about where to start looking for problems
about the error please let me know what kind of device you have

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
finally I started my semester and once the courses started i found some bugs and problems with my app
* fixed bug for overlapping event
* fixed bug with contact exception functionality
* minor bugs regarding event scheduling were fixed

I'll publish another big update soon that will be focused on performance.

swarly

Mar 14, 2011
as promised I released big update

• major Performance update - from now list load faster and scroll much smother
  • overlaping event detection method was changed from the core from now no more false detection that caused problems
  • added warings to warn users that don't have calendars installed

as always I"m open to new suggestions and improvement ideas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Calendar Silencer is an app that is responsible for muting your phone during meetings / dates / movies .... and unmuting your phone when the meeting ended.

features included:

• import events from all or specified calendars
    • creating filters based on words or phrase that you don't want your event to include
    • enable notification before the alarm start
    • choose silent mode (silent , silent + vibrate)
    • Precede event to now in case meeting start early
    • postpone event based on user's interval
    • open original event to edit
    • Auto schedule events ( auto poilot mode ) - full version feature
    • contacts exception - enable specified contacts to override silent mode full version feature

• specify which calendars you want to watch - default all.
    • choose silent mode - silent or vibrate.
    • enable notifications - enable this to receive notification a minute before the event start .
    • choose time to scan - select how much time you wish for the app to scan ahead.

• from the main screen slide left or press the right button on the top right corner to move to events screen.
    • from the events screen tap menu and "update from calendar" to get a list updated events.
    • tap on an event to get list of actions.
      actions include :
      • schedule - this will schedule the event to mute when the event start
      • delete - delete the event from application database - not from the calendar itself
      • create filters - create filters from this event's title
      • start event now - start event now and schedule unmute when the events suppose to end for early starting meeting
      • postpone event for meeting the goes beyond expected
      • open event - open original event event in calendar for editing purpose
    • from the events screen slide left or press the right button on the top right corner to move to filters screen.
      note that in free version there is only 1 type of filters which are "ignore this" filter.
    • this filter type will specify words that if found in the event title the event will be ignored/
    • full version feature - auto schedule filter
      this filter type will auto schedule an event if the the filter exist in the event title/
    • from the filters screen slide left or press the right button on the top right corner to move to exceptions screen. this screen can be reached from main screen
    • select contacts for whom the phone will ring even in silent mode

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.swarly.silencer.app
    enjoy and rate
    Jesus... This is pretty darn handy for school.
    Testing it now!
    How about Touchdown support? That would make this incredibly handy for Exchange users!

Thanks!

Hi.
    the on/off button indicate the current state, meaning when the button is green and it's say "on" that mean that auto schedule is enabled

"all schedule" is the default filter that indicate that all events will be scheduled.

please pay attention that even event will be scheduled automatically only if the on/off button is in "on" state.

Pay attention that Calendar Silencer will not schedule events that already in progress, for example if you have event that start in 12:00 and you started the auto schedule in 12:05 the event will not be schedule.

if you enabled notifications please notice that the notification will disappear once the event has started, pressing the notification will clear the notification but also will cancel the alarm

let me know if have any more problems
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone