• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.2+] Downiton.mobi - Down it on my mobile devices please!

Search This thread

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
Didnt use it yet , but it looks like workin the same way Chrome's extension "Chrome to mobile" ..... send link to ur mobiles to download or serf or whatever you wanna do. its even easier just click and send no need to register or have an app in your phone

or am wrong ?
I am seeing it the same way. A little easier to use with direct links and impossible with the rest... so it depends on each user experience, I guess..

cloudvn

May 11, 2012
Ho Chi Minh City
Didnt use it yet , but it looks like workin the same way Chrome's extension "Chrome to mobile" ..... send link to ur mobiles to download or serf or whatever you wanna do. its even easier just click and send no need to register or have an app in your phone
or am wrong ?
I am seeing it the same way. A little easier to use with direct links and impossible with the rest... so it depends on each user experience, I guess..
You two are right, but Chrome to mobile is just for Android 4.0 or later. We are implementing some more awesome features here, such as supporting download videos, files from youtube, vimeos and some file-hosting site. And of course, Downiton.mobi will have extension for web browser soon (at least Chrome, Firefox, Safari).

But the android UID and the device name is still there on the device tab. I want to remove it completely. Is it possible?
Yes, of course, will update soon! ;)

When I click "show all downloads" I got message "Unfortunately, Downiton.mobi has stopped."
Could you tell me a bit about your phone (model, android version...)? Thank you!

Reactions: okty2k

PrionBlank

Nov 11, 2013
Is there any other way to change the default download location? Since it's on Sdcard/download -- not External_sd/download -- my Samsung default download location is on the SDCard, so it's better if I could change it to get more bigger files to download to my Android.

Reactions: cloudvn

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
You two are right, but Chrome to mobile is just for Android 4.0 or later. We are implementing some more awesome features here, such as supporting download videos, files from youtube, vimeos and some file-hosting site. And of course, Downiton.mobi will have extension for web browser soon (at least Chrome, Firefox, Safari).

Yes, of course, will update soon! ;)

Could you tell me a bit about your phone (model, android version...)? Thank you!

It sounds promising... I will definitely keep an eye on this.
Thanks for the feedback and keep up the good work! ;)

Reactions: cloudvn

cloudvn

May 11, 2012
Ho Chi Minh City
Is there any other way to change the default download location? Since it's on Sdcard/download -- not External_sd/download -- my Samsung default download location is on the SDCard, so it's better if I could change it to get more bigger files to download to my Android.
Yes, you can change the default download location, but in next version, it will be released soon, within 2-3 days, I think! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: aBg_rOnGak

eXpeLLo

Jul 18, 2011
thanks, I'm using it a lot to transfer files between my PC and my phone (via HFS server) but there is a problem with the files with spaces in the name of the file. I think the problem is in the Downiton, not in the server, because there is no problem if I download them via chrome/browser (phone)

example:

my program v2.6.apk (the transfer didn't start, as everybody knows... "space" = %20, so the final link is http://xxxxxxxx/my program v2.6.apk The status in http://downiton.mobi/ is Completed, but on my phone Unsuccessful

my.program.v.2.6.apk (everything is alright)

xbroadcaster1991

Jan 18, 2011
London
Enable sending links from one Android phone to another!

Hi,

I really like your efforts in developing this app. However, if you could add an option in mobile app to download files on one of the linked Android devices that'll be so awesome!

I'm requesting this so I may push links to my tablet from my phone if I find something good to download while outside:eek:

Thanks.

EDIT

I was able to do what I requested using a web browser on Mobile. However, a new functionality in an app would be better!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have ever wanted to download a file to your mobile devices while surfing the web on your computer? If yes, what did you do?
    ---Had to type in the exact same link in your web browser on your mobile?
    ---Had to download that file to your computer then copy to your mobile?
    ---E-mail yourself that file's url?
    It was pain, right? We've experienced the same pain with you. So we come up with Downiton.mobi to make this job easier!
    After installing our app (free, no ads, now and ever later), create an account from www.downiton.mobi website in seconds, then login to app on your device and forget it. It just works for you, no more care about it.
    So how does it work?
    After logging in to your account on Downiton.mobi and sign in this account on Android mobile device.
    Your devices (as many devices as you have) will be shown up in the list on our website.
    Paste your link into the textbox, select the target device and the DOWN-IT-ON- MOBI button will do the rest of magic instantly!

NOTE THAT: This app only work with DIRECT download links!!!!!!!

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.downiton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 12/11/2013:
    [Server side]: Supported SSL/TLS.
    awesome
    great work dude

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

awesome
    great work dude
    Kool

Kool Apps
    Looks good; a simple and elegant solution to when I don't want to have to download to a cloud site then redownload to my Android devices.

Thanks!
    Can you add a feature to this app. Can you add a option to remove the device off the account and maybe an account deletion button in case the app doesn't fit someones needs?

EDIT: Could you also add a forgot password button on the page?
    Thanks!