• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.2+] DriveDroid - host ISO/IMG files to boot your PC from

Search This thread

Rapti

Jul 7, 2014
I have an image file already on my phone's storage. How do I import it into DriveDroid? If I remember correctly, this used to be possible when I last used DriveDroid some time ago, but I can only find options to download images or to create blank ones. Thanks!

Online Gravy

May 25, 2018
Download the txt file and ensure it's in your /Download (internal storage) folder. Then download the app Termux from google play store, open the app, type su and the app will ask for superuser permission, grant the permission and type sh /sdcard/Download/mountr.txt

Working for me on lake with Android 11.
i tried running this and the terminal returns
Code:
/config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f1: no such file or directory
/config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f2: no such file or directory
im assuming my kernel is missing something

Edit:
my pc is able to see the blank image i created after running that command despite the errors. however, it shows two portable devices in the device manager. one is the image and the other is my phone. the file explorer lists them as Moto X4 and Moto X4 (E:). this is farther than i've ever gotten with getting drivedroid to work on this device, it works flawlessly on my LG G3
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

Online Gravy

May 25, 2018
Try typing "cd /" without quotes and then the command again.
output
Code:
rm: /config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f1: no such file or directory
rm: /config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f2: no such file or directory
ln: cannot create symbolic link from '/config/usb_gadget/g1/functions/mtp.gs0' to '/config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f1/mtp.gs0': Operation not permitted

Leaveitblank0

Jul 18, 2021
Moto G7 Plus
output
Code:
rm: /config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f1: no such file or directory
rm: /config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f2: no such file or directory
ln: cannot create symbolic link from '/config/usb_gadget/g1/functions/mtp.gs0' to '/config/usb_gadget/g1/configs/b.1/f1/mtp.gs0': Operation not permitted
Same output for me After running once, just keep trying again till no errors output (except for the 'rm' ones). works great for me running linux images, i didn't test blank images tho. I have no idea about the 2 devices problem, i had that problem with another device despite the Android Version was compatible(8.1 and 9.0).

Online Gravy

May 25, 2018
Same output for me After running once, just keep trying again till no errors output (except for the 'rm' ones). works great for me running linux images, i didn't test blank images tho. I have no idea about the 2 devices problem, i had that problem with another device despite the Android Version was compatible(8.1 and 9.0).
doesnt seem to work at all now. really wish ums support wasn't such a mess. at least my lg g3 works perfectly for now

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
This project EOL?
I modified original app, working LOS18.1 external SD. If moderator allows, i upload publik stuff.

Last edited:

gursewak.10

Sep 16, 2013
punjab
On My Android 10 this app works fine if i get an iso file and mount it but it fails to create blank image of whatever size i choose it says formatting failed even if i don't choose it to format. The file size goes to filesize i entered and then it turns to 0B image.

Top Liked Posts