[APP][2.2+]GLtools 1.99XDA [Graphic Optimizer][Updated][20-3-16]

Search This thread
Feb 25, 2021
Anyone who has tested gltools on android 10, with a mod of magisk zip, or an apk mod. I have tested the app on android 10, and doesn,t work. This app is very helpful, if someone can fix, please share with the community ;P

GL Tool latest 1.0 update link

Changelog:
WHAT'S NEW

Added privacy policy.
Corrected MSAA/CSAA titles.
Enhanced "Advanced RAM spoofing" option.
eglChooseConfig with NULL attributes is now allowed (fixes crashes in some apps).
Added an option to disable shader cache.
Added "Advanced" resolution change method.
Added FPS graph.

Okand?

May 23, 2022
Why not? But seriously, this is not nearly enough info to help you. Please include your phone's model and ROM, your settings in GLtools and the game you experience the lag in.
Samsung m21 with dot os and a custom kernel, Im experiencing random freezes in apex legend mobile my settings in gl tools - optimize open gl shaders and replace cpu and gpu info

zdanee

Sep 27, 2012
Idk what settings to tweak
Okay, first of all, check for thermal throttling. It's possible your phone is just overheating. What is the custom kernel? Did you overclock or change the CPU governor?
Try to run a benchmark before starting a game and after playing for a bit, and try to feel the back of the phone if it's hot or not! Frankly the M21 is not great for gaming with or without GLTools, the Mali G72 MP3 is... well plain weak, about 1/4th of what a Galaxy S9 would be able to do. What did you replace the GPU-info with? If it's something more powerful than what you actually have the game might try to use better settings than what your device is capable of, try to disable that! It's mainly useful to run older games on newer hardware where the game looks for a specific SoC, your case is the opposite, you are trying to run a new game on old (weak) hardware.

Ulumia

Dec 21, 2021
Samara,Russia
HTC Desire
HTC Desire C
1653486448179.png

Can someone post the file as an attachment
When I try to go to the site I get what's in the screenshot
Translation:Access to information resources is restricted on the basis of the Federal Law "On Information, Information Technologies and Information Protection
Access to information resources is restricted on the basis of the Federal Law "On Information, Information Technologies and Protection of Information".

See the reason for blocking

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Okand?

May 23, 2022
Okay, first of all, check for thermal throttling. It's possible your phone is just overheating. What is the custom kernel? Did you overclock or change the CPU governor?
Try to run a benchmark before starting a game and after playing for a bit, and try to feel the back of the phone if it's hot or not! Frankly the M21 is not great for gaming with or without GLTools, the Mali G72 MP3 is... well plain weak, about 1/4th of what a Galaxy S9 would be able to do. What did you replace the GPU-info with? If it's something more powerful than what you actually have the game might try to use better settings than what your device is capable of, try to disable that! It's mainly useful to run older games on newer hardware where the game looks for a specific SoC, your case is the opposite, you are trying to run a new game on old (weak) hardware.
Im using fde.ai tweaks thermal throttling is disabled I can get 55 - 60 fps constant in pubg mobile I didnt change any cpu tweaks Im using fake cpu settings to unlock 60 fps in apex and I can even get it but my phone randomly freezes for a sec (once in 2 mins)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GLTOOLS XDA VERSION
    Today With permission of the developer of this excellent and very useful app.
    If u were using android since the ages of gingerbread u would probably know about Chainfire 3D
    And this app is closest to that app.

All the development was done by @n0n3m4 and only him. I am just sharing his beautiful piece of work.
    If u can and want to support the dev please consider buying his app from the Play Store.
    Play Store Link

What it is (Google Play Description):
    -------**** Root and a writable /system partition are required! Please, read the description completely! ****-------
    GLTools is a custom OpenGL driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM processor, x86 processors are not supported (Galaxy Tab 3 for example). If you still don't understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
    Features list:
    - Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
    - Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
    - Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
    - Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
    - Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
    - Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
    GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn't disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you'll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
    Tested on:
    - HTC One X
    - Nexus 7 2013
    - LG G2
    Failed on:
    - Some Samsung devices (random). The lowest success rate is with SGN3 and SGS4 (thx to Knox). Installing a custom kernel can help, this problem is firmware-related. The same for Lenovo devices.
    Legal information:
    By using this app, you agree to all the following terms:
    User is responsible to make sure that any plugins he uses are legal to use. All texture plugins (except for Default) are written by independent developers and are placed on a 3rd-party webserver (except for Default which is builtin), which has nothing to do with me, a GLTools author, except for that I provide a simple in-app browser to install them (as all we know, browser creators have nothing to do with any abusive Internet content, the same thing here).
    User is responsible to make sure that this app won't cause any EULA violation. GLTools is designed for debugging of apps that user is author of, any other usage is not officially supported. Anyway, this app changes system libraries only and doesn't cause any binary modification of 3rd-party apps.
    All trademark usage is nominative, nominative usage is Fair Use, it doesn't require any permission from trademark holder. Any trademarks are the property of their owners anyway.
    If you think that GLTools itself is illegal, you can always contact me via n0n3m4dev@gmail.com
    Source code of used GNU Binutils (assembler, linker, etc) and Busybox can be obtained by writing to n0n3m4dev@gmail.com

Heres The Download Link:
    LATEST:GLtoolsXDA(Tested on HTC One M9+ on 5.0.2 Lollipop)
    OLDER:
    GLtools-1.99XDA
    View attachment GLToolsXDA.apk
    View attachment GLTools129XDA.apk
    Use and Basic Instructions

Use and Basic Instructions:

The App may seem complicated but with a bit of patience u can get it to work nice.
    Have u ever felt that your gpu (graphic processor) isnt upto the mark?
    Have u ever wanted a tegra game but u have a adreno gpu?
    Have u ever encountered Graphical errors such as black objects and .....?
    Game running slow but u havent got a game booster?
    Want to decrease visual quality for better performance?
    Want Chainfire3D to work on jellybean?

All these questions can be answered using this app "Gltools".
    It can fake gpu so u can play a tegra(and other gpu) exclusive game on any poorly known GPU's.
    U can also fake CPU(havent personally tried it..
    U can decrease Visual Quality of a game to increase performance.
    U can have an onscreen FPS counter.
    And the last few of the many options are some fixes and alternatives.
    (Dont be ashamed to point out any critical points I've missed or any errors I've made in my post)

Instructions(Settings are Mainly intended for low end devices):

-Install gltools
    (Note: Enable backup option in the app in case something goes wrong. a cwm flashable zip which can uninstall gltools will be formed)
    -Open app. then give root access and install tex plugin(and not none otherwise this app wont work how its supposed to)
    -Reboot the phone
    -Open app. a list of apps installed will come up
    -Select ur app(gta 3 for me)
    -Check on enable custom setting
    -Tick force 16 bit rendering
    -Tick optimize glsl shaders
    -Set enable texture decomp. to all(to incr quality otherwise set to none)
    -Set enable texture recomp. to none
    -Set downscale textures to 0.5 and check if it still lags make 0.25x(anything below that will make text unreadable)
    -I also faked gpu info though it may not be needed (i did adreno 320)
    -In gta 3 display setting i minimised the resolution and draw distance disabled frame limiter
    -Now the game is very smooth (textures are blurred and graphics are low)

Please do share ur own config for any game u manage to make smooth (or make it run if it wasnt earlier)
    These settings are not always ideal. Do try combinations yourself
    That would be all from my side.

UPDATE[12/5/2015]: (Thanx to @varunrocks17) template for adreno 430 to play games at higher graphics
    Here r the values to b entered to morph any GPU(ideally adreno) as adreno 430

GL_VENDOR Qualcomm

GL_RENDERER Adreno (TM) 430

GL_VERSION OpenGL ES 3.1V@103.0 (GIT@) GL_EXTENSIONS GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_AMD_compressed_ATC_texture GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_texture_3D GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_QCOM_alpha_test GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_sRGB GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_EXT_copy_image GL_EXT_geometry_shader GL_EXT_tessellation_shader GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_OES_sample_variables GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_EXT_texture_cube_map_array GL_EXT_draw_buffers_indexed GL_EXT_gpu_shader5 GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_texture_buffer GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_sample_shading GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_EXT_debug_label GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_QCOM_tiled_rendering GL_ANDROID_extension_pack_es31a GL_EXT_primitive_bounding_box GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_KHR_debug GL_EXT_sRGB_write_control
    Screenshots Here

Screens:
    a8u2a6e8.jpg

a9uba5uz.jpg
    new version

Here is a new XDA version: http://rgho.st/private/7k8sZgGZP/294b19957ec066142e249c56c8d16279
    Please reupload it somewhere in 90 days.
    A support is by email only, as always.
    A new version

Here is a new XDA version: http://rgho.st/private/7HLBZXbr2/9069d63c2e960745f089c488b949b7b6
    Hope some one reuploads it here.
    If there are any problems with it, contact me by email specified in Google Play, as I don't visit this forum frequently.