• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.2+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Hi
What's the best build for you?
Stable and speed on copy paste.
Thanks

In general, development moves forward rather than backward. Unless you have a specific and clearly defined reason for using an older version then use the newest version. Bugs cannot be properly reported from older versions, newer version contain new features (eg theme engine and tweaks for newer ROMs &SU methods), newer versions of plug-ins may require the newest version of the app. Reviewing the history of the change-log might inform such a decision but the choice should almost always be - use newest version.

There is a general guide to this stuff in the "Getting MiXplorer" section of first FAQ post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65157294&postcount=1 but notice that the guide does not even consider using older version. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: sgs2ofameer

art_

Jul 7, 2018
Google Drive

#ISSUE

At me in a root of a disk there is a folder "/ temp".
When I open my Google Drive, folder show as "temp".
Because of this I can not open my folder.

It problem your program or API Google Drive?

// sorry i use translate google

pma3000

Jul 5, 2018
If one click and 6 characters (compared to just case change) is too much for you you can get it down to 4 characters.
Instead of (.*) drop the parentheses and use just .*
In that case instead of $1 use $0

limited keyboard space on mobile phones and large hands don't work so well, so I try to avoid typing if possible.
So don't get me wrong, thanks for sharing that knowledge with me. As mentioned, it's nice to know about alternatives and i guess my curiosity will make me at least give it a few tries to compare effort and most important see how often mistyping is gonna be a bother for me :laugh:
So it's not really a case of “being too much“ for me, rather than a factual statement, that this solution, as good and solid as it is, still is not a real upgrade to my current way of renaming multiple files via shellscript, which I can simply copy and paste, so my fat fingers can't mess something up.

djdarkknight96

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2009
Springfield
www.designrifts.com
Ahh ok, I guess I didn't know the difference between skins and themes in Mixplorer.

Purple .micfg: https://terrorflatrider.com/amoled-themes-mixplorer/ you can go to the download skins option at the bottom of the page section to get the .micfg download location like here:
https://gallery.asymmetrics.nl/inde...MDhiNTJjNzM4MTNmM2Q5OTU4NDQzNzUwMTY&top=0,0,0

Purple .mit:
https://terrorflatrider.com/download/mixplorer-amoled-purple-theme/

The only way I know to import from file is to simply go to that location in mixplorer and click the file and chose the "import" option which works for both.
When I import the .micfg file, it adds itself to the skins list, when I import the .mit file, it changes the default. I'm assuming the .mit files are "themes" and they can change more, and only 1 can be installed at a time?

Was just confusing since the old skin system added them to a selectable list and you can still select them when a custom theme is applied, and any portion of the skin that used default elements show the new theme version instead.

Yeah .mit is just a renamed .zip it can contain png and all resources needed to theme. Like the folders and icons.

You can reset themes by going to settings/more settings/reset and then theme. It will go to stock theme.

Hootan has a template theme search the thread for..mit you'll find it.

Maybe he will add a theme list like before.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Yeah .mit is just a renamed .zip it can contain png and all resources needed to theme. Like the folders and icons.

You can reset themes by going to settings/more settings/reset and then theme. It will go to stock theme.

Hootan has a template theme search the thread for..mit you'll find it.

Maybe he will add a theme list like before.

FWIW there is a link to the new theme template (and answers to some of those questions) in this FAQ post. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65157363&postcount=6, previously referenced earlier in this discussion here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76997495&postcount=25361.

Last edited:

djdarkknight96

Nov 2, 2009
Springfield
www.designrifts.com
FWIW there is a link to the new theme template (and answers to some of those questions) in this FAQ post. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65157363&postcount=6, previously referenced earlier in this discussion here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76997495&postcount=25361.

Yes I seen that, it's wonderful. I ment a theme list in the app itself like the skins. But great to know the template is linked there.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Yes I seen that, it's wonderful. I ment a theme list in the app itself like the skins. But great to know the template is linked there.

LOL, I know you know that part (about the template) because you told me about it; I mentioned it again because there have since been many repeat questions which are tidily covered already.

+1 to an in app theme list, as long as it does not cost precious processing cycles. :silly:

But seriously, if that is going to be done then it might work with @simonbellu's suggestion which seems like the least intrusive way to do it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691&p=76672547

Last edited:
Reactions: kvevand63

djdarkknight96

Nov 2, 2009
Springfield
www.designrifts.com
LOL, I know you know that part (about the template) because you told me about it; I mentioned it again because there have since been many repeat questions which are tidily covered already.

+1 to an in app theme list, as long as it does not cost precious processing cycles. :silly:

But seriously, if that is going to be done then it might work with @simonbellu's suggestion which seems like the least intrusive way to do it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691&p=76672547

Great idea. ?

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
text files get erased when opening from another file manager

In another file manager you can choose MiXplorer text editor to open a text file.

While with Android 7.1 it's possible to edit and save the text file, the file contents gets deleted with Android 8.1. In addition I get an error message: "Couldn't upload! >> content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/raw...." The file still exists, but it's empty.

Perhaps this is dependent on how the other file manager tranfer the path of the text file to MiXplorer editor. When checking details for the files, MiXplorer shows different paths:
Android 7.1: /storage/emulated/0/...
Android 8.1: content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/raw....

Could you please check, if it's possible to save edited files on Android 8 too?

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
In another file manager you can choose MiXplorer text editor to open a text file.

While with Android 7.1 it's possible to edit and save the text file, the file contents gets deleted with Android 8.1. In addition I get an error message: "Couldn't upload! >> content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/raw...." The file still exists, but it's empty.

Perhaps this is dependent on how the other file manager tranfer the path of the text file to MiXplorer editor. When checking details for the files, MiXplorer shows different paths:
Android 7.1: /storage/emulated/0/...
Android 8.1: content://com.android.providers.downloads.documents/document/raw....

Could you please check, if it's possible to save edited files on Android 8 too?

Would you mind sharing the names of the other file manager as well the specific ROMs in which you've tested?

Reason being: It is possible that this due to a change in the other file manager (and other apps that have recently been updated). Google is apparently now enforcing a restriction wherein files can no longer be called by direct link. The Tasker app recently had to accommodate that restriction which prevents the apps in which images and videos are opened from seeing other contents of the directory and then being able to run slideshows or video playback through the directory.

Insert Google rant here: This seems to be yet another media & data grab by Google; pretending that their attempt to control all of our media and track our usage is some how of security benefit to us. Boogle!

I could test in Android 7.1.2 (LOS 14.1) with that file manager (if it is not native to your 8.x ROM) to see if this is due to the new Google restriction (if that file manager has recently been updated) or if it is specific to Android 8 or the other file manager. My underlying concern is that MiXplorer (which is my workaround to the new Tasker restriction because home-screen shortcuts created by MiX do not suffer the restriction) will have to be updated to meet this restriction.

Last edited:

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Would you mind sharing the names of the other file manager as well the specific ROMs in which you've tested? ...

I hoped you already know about this problem when using Android 8 so I didn't share specific information... But of course, I should have done it!
So, my android Version 7.1 is LineageOS 14.1 and my android 8.1 is Resurrection Remix Oreo 6.1.0
I did the first test with the built in file manager, called "Files" - version 7.1.2 on LineageOS 14.1 and version 8.1.0 on Resurrection Remix

Your reply encouraged me to test another app. I've used Amaze File Manager (current version 3.2.1). Obviously this file manager preserved the "old way" to deliver the path to MiXplorer, even in Android 8. When choosing a text file to open in MiXplorer, it can be edited and saved.

Thanks for your incredible fast and detailed answer!

Edit: I've tested two additional file manager. Their behaviour is different from each other, but NOT dependant from the Android Version
Simple File Manager v 4.0.0. -> file path in MiXplorer begins with content://... -> different error message in MiXplorer when trying to save: "Permission is denied." -> at least, file content is not deleted
Total Commander v 2.90 -> file path in MiXplorer begins with /storage/emulated ...

So, the Android version itself seems not to be the problem, but rather the implementation of sharing the file path in the corresponding apps.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I hoped you already know about this problem when using Android 8 so I didn't share specific information... But of course, I should have done it!
So, my android Version 7.1 is LineageOS 14.1 and my android 8.1 is Resurrection Remix Oreo 6.1.0
I did the first test with the built in file manager, called "Files" - version 7.1.2 on LineageOS 14.1 and version 8.1.0 on Resurrection Remix

Your reply encouraged me to test another app. I've used Amaze File Manager (current version 3.2.1). Obviously this file manager preserved the "old way" to deliver the path to MiXplorer, even in Android 8. When choosing a text file to open in MiXplorer, it can be edited and saved.

Thanks for your incredible fast and detailed answer!

Edit: I've tested two additional file manager. Their behaviour is different from each other, but NOT dependant from the Android Version
Simple File Manager v 4.0.0. -> file path in MiXplorer begins with content://... -> different error message in MiXplorer when trying to save: "Permission is denied." -> at least, file content is not deleted
Total Commander v 2.90 -> file path in MiXplorer begins with /storage/emulated ...

So, the Android version itself seems not to be the problem, but rather the implementation of sharing the file path in the corresponding apps.

Clarification: I'm not the developer of MiXplorer (just a MiX user who happened to be interested in your report because of the potential similarity to the issue I've had with Tasker) but whether this is related to that Google thing or a different issue, those good details will be helpful to HootanParsa (the developer of MiX).

To your point about this seeming related to the path rather than Android version, in the next few days I'm going to try to test in LOS 14.1/N 7.1.2 using your helpful notes as a guide (thanks!). My hypothesis is that if this is due to the new Google restriction it may only occur with newly updated apps and ROM components. Also, I may be able to learn mor about the Google restriction from the developer of Tasker to whom I owe an email follow up.

Reactions: pocketrule

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
I think this is the correct place to ask for additional features.

I use a Chinese standalone music player. Actually I have a few. They play most of the various file types like mp3 and flac but stumble a bit on audio only mp4 files. The usual convention is to use the m4a extension to distinguish these from mp4 files which contain audio and video. The encoding of these though is actually AAC and that's where my problem occurs.

These players want these files to have an aac extension which describes the encoding instead of the container. Its easy to deal with the extension change with MiX quite easily. But if I then want to use the edit tag feature I need to change the extension back to m4a.

This is a bit of a pain to keep changing especially considering that the auto tag feature works with the aac extension.

Additionally the way the file is displayed changes based on the extension. m4a files are displayed with a thumbnail image from the tag but aac files just show a music note icon.

I think that m4a and aac files should be treated the same as the extensions are interchangeable.

In an ideal world I could contact the Chinese manufacturer of the various players. But that won't happen ?

Hi Hootan,
I'm using MiXplorer quite a while now and i have a request. In the picture viewer of mixplorer there are the two options for orientation by sensor or by system. Could you add a third option for orientation by aspect ratio of the viewed picture like there is in several gallery apps.

Just think about it. Thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: ogisha and c0mpl3xy

hajkan

Jul 3, 2013
What is the correct full webdav url for a Nextcloud instance? I have to use https so I am not sure how webdav://https:// type thing works. I am confused :(

Sr. Zé Alguém

Nov 3, 2016
Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

hajkan

Jul 3, 2013
That is not the question I asked. I know what the Nextcloud's webdav url is. I am asking hopw to utilize that url in Mixplorer. Mixplorer's webdav uri starts with webdav://, it is not clear how I am able to append my NC webdavurl

Either https is not supported with webdav in MP or I do not know the correct format. I tried at least 6 different combinations and I cant get it to access it. I can only access it with the local IP address of the server which is useless to me.

Last edited:

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
That is not the question I asked. I know what the Nextcloud's webdav url is. I am asking hopw to utilize that url in Mixplorer. Mixplorer's webdav uri starts with webdav://, it is not clear how I am able to append my NC webdavurl

Either https is not supported with webdav in MP or I do not know the correct format. I tried at least 6 different combinations and I cant get it to access it. I can only access it with the local IP address of the server which is useless to me.
Try the format
Code:
webdav://example.com/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/
(taken from https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/1...dav.html#nextcloud-desktop-and-mobile-clients )

Top Liked Posts

Hi guys,
    I'm using mixplorer for long time, and still find it's the best app for files explorer.

Since few weeks I have this problem on screen shot when I link mixplorer with my onedrive.
    I have other other onedrive account and it's working fine but with this one I have this error message...

...snip over-sized image...
    log or logcat is always a good starting point.
    Is it ok?

##### MiX-B21070520_2021-09-22_01-14.txt ************************
    ...snip...
    I/DB> Refresh DB...
    E/BROWSE_TASK> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=0; index=0
    E/CHECK_CLOUDS> https://[email protected]/onedrive.live.com
    E/HUB_ST> AS2 length=2; index=2
    D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/.mixplorer
    I/MiX> GENERATE LOG
    I do not usde onedrive, but the line that stands out is "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:" That kind of error commonly occurs when there are funky characters being returned/escaped from the source and incorrectly interpreted by the client. I would check the file list you expect back, if it has any characters outside of [a-z,A-Z,0-9] and of course the dot for an extension. If you can maybe show the list here (ie not private), or move all the files/folders into a sub folder, and then slowly move them back until the error occurs again (if its stopped by the first step)
    log or logcat is always a good starting point.
    Is it ok?

##### MiX-B21070520_2021-09-22_01-14.txt ************************

MiXplorer v6.57.1-RC-B21070520
    Device: Xiaomi M2012K11AC, Brand:Redmi
    Android Target: 11.0 (R, API 30)
    CPU ABI: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi
    ------------------------------------
    D/Storage> Refresh storage list...
    D/ActivityResult> Request:111, Result:0
    I/MiX> RESUMED
    I/MiX> Storage: 2 /storage/emulated/0
    I/MiX> Storage: 1 /
    D/Storage> --- Documents -----------------------------
    D/Storage> /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb
    D/Storage> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data
    D/Storage> -------------------------------------------
    I/HUB> Unlock
    E/BROWSE_TASK> libs.ti1
    D/BaseHttp> Operation started >> 998423882
    D/RestUtil> --> POST https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/token http/1.1
    D/RestUtil> Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
    D/RestUtil> Content-Length: 744
    D/RestUtil> Accept: application/json; charset=UTF-8
    D/RestUtil> Authorization xxxxxxxx
    D/RestUtil> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 11; AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/89.0.4389.105 Mobile Safari/537.36
    D/RestUtil> Connection: keep-alive
    D/RestUtil> --> END POST
    D/RestUtil> <-- 200 OK https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/token (510ms)
    D/RestUtil> Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache
    D/RestUtil> Pragma: no-cache
    D/RestUtil> Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
    D/RestUtil> Expires: -1
    D/RestUtil> Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
    D/RestUtil> X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
    D/RestUtil> P3P: CP="DSP CUR OTPi IND OTRi ONL FIN"
    D/RestUtil> x-ms-request-id: 3a6cd408-5590-445d-8f62-36db23db0000
    D/RestUtil> x-ms-ests-server: 2.1.12025.15 - NEULR1 ProdSlices
    D/RestUtil> Set-Cookie: fpc=AsDz9gG1u7lGjER9Uv5hj5rfNB-tAQAAAHNe3NgOAAAA; expires=Thu, 21-Oct-2021 23:14:59 GMT; path=/; secure; HttpOnly; SameSite=None
    D/RestUtil> Set-Cookie: x-ms-gateway-slice=estsfd; path=/; secure; samesite=none; httponly
    D/RestUtil> Set-Cookie: stsservicecookie=estsfd; path=/; secure; samesite=none; httponly
    D/RestUtil> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:14:59 GMT
    D/RestUtil> Content-Length: 1879
    D/RestUtil> <-- END HTTP
    I/DB> Refresh DB...
    D/HUB> ITEM >> https://graph.microsoft.com/Files
    D/BaseHttp> Operation started >> 1619398727
    D/RestUtil> --> GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/root/children http/1.1
    D/RestUtil> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 11; AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/89.0.4389.105 Mobile Safari/537.36
    D/RestUtil> --> END GET
    D/RestUtil> <-- 200 OK https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/root/children (430ms)
    D/RestUtil> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:15:00 GMT
    D/RestUtil> Content-Type: application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false;charset=utf-8
    D/RestUtil> Cache-Control: no-store
    D/RestUtil> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    D/RestUtil> Vary: Accept-Encoding
    D/RestUtil> Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
    D/RestUtil> request-id: e2badf87-80fd-4596-afba-57062eb53a11
    D/RestUtil> client-request-id: e2badf87-80fd-4596-afba-57062eb53a11
    D/RestUtil> x-ms-ags-diagnostic: {"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"North Europe","Slice":"E","Ring":"4","ScaleUnit":"002","RoleInstance":"DU2PEPF000070C1"}}
    D/RestUtil> OData-Version: 4.0
    D/RestUtil> <-- END HTTP
    D/BaseHttp> Operation started >> 1553244476
    D/RestUtil> --> GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive http/1.1
    D/RestUtil> --> END GET
    D/RestUtil> <-- 200 OK https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive (86ms)
    D/RestUtil> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:15:01 GMT
    D/RestUtil> Content-Type: application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false;charset=utf-8
    D/RestUtil> Cache-Control: no-store
    D/RestUtil> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    D/RestUtil> Vary: Accept-Encoding
    D/RestUtil> Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
    D/RestUtil> request-id: 352f869a-eeba-4945-b052-f37f5946009e
    D/RestUtil> client-request-id: 352f869a-eeba-4945-b052-f37f5946009e
    D/RestUtil> x-ms-ags-diagnostic: {"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"North Europe","Slice":"E","Ring":"4","ScaleUnit":"002","RoleInstance":"DU2PEPF000070C1"}}
    D/RestUtil> OData-Version: 4.0
    D/RestUtil> <-- END HTTP
    I/DB> Refresh DB...
    E/BROWSE_TASK> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=0; index=0
    D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/.mixplorer
    I/MiX> GENERATE LOG
    I have this too sometimes. Tapping the three dot button in the top right and then Sync fixes that. I don't know why it doesn't always sync automatically nor why it doesn't sync when you pull down to refresh.
    Yeah, that fixes it, thanks. While I'm here could someone help me with another problem as well. So I'm trying to copy a file between 2 google shared drives. About a week ago, I could do this just fine. I was doing copy's and moves on a daily basis. But for the past 3 days when I try to copy I get an error saying "Access Denied". I can still copy using the official Google Drive app just fine so it's not a permissions problem.

Edit: Nevermind, I should read the log. Seems I've hit the user rate limit. Suggestion for the dev: maybe you could make the error message say "User Rate Limit Exceeded" in these situations
    Hi guys,
    I'm using mixplorer for long time, and still find it's the best app for files explorer.

Since few weeks I have this problem on screen shot when I link mixplorer with my onedrive.
    I have other other onedrive account and it's working fine but with this one I have this error message...

Any idea ? (Maybe it come from my account but what to do?)
    Screenshot_2021-09-21-23-40-17-944_com.mixplorer.jpg
    Has the development on this app been put on hold?

The developer sometimes leaves for months at the time, only to push tons of updates when he returns. He's been doing that for years and I'm sure this time is no different :cool:
    So, updates have been stopped since 2 months... Can we expect in the future soon?

YES WE CAN.
    all android apps works like this!
    if you install facebook, amazon shopping. google accounts, mega, ecc.. apps on android, it will be ask to insert username, password and 2FA code only the first time, because all other times you open the apps, it will be ask to you another secure access like Fingerprint, Face Unlock, Pin, ecc.. So the login will be secure but more fast related to login every time from the browser
    I think we are talking about different situations.

You describe Google, which has a relation with you. Then you install a Google app, which contacts its home base to confirm your identity. Thereafter, Google trusts that this instance of its app is on a device controlled by the person they know to be you. The fingerprint/face unlock/PIN is all on-device security, to make sure that the app can only be run by the owner of the device.

You are asking for a way for a random app, not written or controlled by Mega, to convince Mega of your identity. I can imagine you giving Mixplorer access to your SMS capability, and Mixplorer then being able to respond to a 2FA challenge when it tries to connect to Mega. That would require SMS capability on the device running Mixplorer -- you might have that on your phone, I do not have that on my tablet. I am not aware of this being a standard capability, so I imagine it would be a real headache to implement.

A more practical request might be an option to have Mixplorer keep the connection alive indefinitely. This will cost you data and battery, but spare you having to reauthenticate. And Mega might object.
    It is the first thing I did, maybe I am not good at it, can you please point me in the right direction ? Thanks for your answer

If you use the path /data/data as search phrase you should be able to find discussion which might clarify whether you are experiencing the same issue and if a particular workaround is applicable. In this thread the answer might be a bit far back so you have to scroll through the search results. There is also a note in the FAQ which may be easier to find using the same search phrase.

[EDIT] I tested a search and it has indeed gotten more difficult to find relevant posts even though some users provided good descriptions and one of those was added to the FAQ, so what you may be looking for is an SU setting change to global name space or something like that. Also this post, which was the only one I could readily find by searching, links to a possible solution provided by the developer of Magisk https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-85494739
    all android apps works like this!
    if you install facebook, amazon shopping. google accounts, mega, ecc.. apps on android, it will be ask to insert username, password and 2FA code only the first time, because all other times you open the apps, it will be ask to you another secure access like Fingerprint, Face Unlock, Pin, ecc.. So the login will be secure but more fast related to login every time from the browser
    I'm almost sure first and third-party apps are not treated the same way, for security reasons.
    Downloads

The latest MiXplorer (API-26 & API-30) and BETA builds (API-30) are attached to this post.
    Get MiX Silver from Play Store (API-29) or Galaxy Store (API-30-arm64) to support the development of this project.
    Downloads from any other source are not recommended.

FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
    LOG How to report a bug
    If you're going to report a bug, first install the latest BETA, try to reproduce the error, then if it's still happening, write a post and explain the issue with the attached log file from the main menu > Send log. Thank you.

• Themes by @djdarkknight96
    • Themes by @TerrorFlatRider
    • Themes by Vladimir

• Windows Fluent Design theme by @marciozomb13
    • Material Design theme by @marciozomb13
    • Theme Corporate
    • Guillaume Skins Gallery
    • YandLiu Skins Gallery
    [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer (full-featured file manager)

Hello everyone!
    My name is Hootan. I work on XDA in my free time and this file explorer is my favorite Android project!

MiXplorer mix of explorers (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and full-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface.

This app has no ads, is and will always remain free.
    It supports Android 2.2+ (Froyo)
    I hope you enjoy it.

Features
    The best way indeed is to explore yourself. But here's a brief list of essential features:

• Easily themable with customization option which lets you select any color you like.
    • Sort, disable and enable all menu options and action buttons.
    • Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode and Drag and Drop between panels also supported.
    • Easily create Tasks to multitask Copy, Move, ... operations.
    • Different various View Modes and Sorting Options for each folder separately!
    • Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types already categorized.
    • Advanced search functions.
    • Custom USB OTG driver. FAT32 (R/W), exFat(R/W), NTFS (R).
    • Html viewer which supports MHT, Markdown, AXml, CHM, MAFF and ....
    • Export/Import all preferences and bookmarks and customized skins.
    • Packing/unpacking 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard.
    • Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR/RAR5, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, XAR and Z.
    • All your cloud storage needs accessible from one single app. Choose from 19 providers:
      Amazon CloudDrive, Mega.co.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, 4Shared, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, OneDrive Business, pCloud, SugarSync, VDisk.
      + clouds which support webdav like (Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe, ...).
    • Modifying zip files.
    • EPub, MobiPacket and PDF reader.
    • Root access for all advanced operations.
    • User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
    • EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
    • File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
    • FTP/HTTP Server built in + TCP server to receive files from other devices using MiX (Send-to option).
    • Built-in Image Viewer (it supports GIF, SVG, TGA, ICO,...).
    • Built-in Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
    • Powerful Text Editor.
    • SAMBA, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV supported as well.
    • And many more awesome features for you to explore!

FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
    LOG How to report a bug
    If you're going to report a bug, first install the latest BETA, try to reproduce the error, then if it's still happening, write a post and explain the issue with the log file from the main menu > Send log. Thank you.

If you have any ideas, suggestions or you found a bug/mistake, feel free and let me know. :)
    Email: [email protected]

Screenshots
    Changelog

v6.57.0_B21070510:
    • Added SSL option for Servers again.
    • Added Explicit mode and content encryption support for FTP server.
    • Added Filter extensions for thumbnails. Long press on the address bar.
    • Added custom keystore and key manager in the servers settings page.
    • Added 'Archive files separately' option in the Archive dialog, if there are multiple files/folders.
    • Added starting FTP/HTTP servers without WIFI.
    • Added custom IP input in the servers settings page.
    • Added 'nameio/block32' filename encoding support for EncFs.
    • Added Multi-user support for the servers.
    • Removed TCP server. Use FTP/Share server.
    • Improved Send-To function and added Archive option.
    • Fixed an issue with some compressors. Archive add-on needs to be updated.
    • Fixed starting servers on boot.
    • Fixed an issue with searching files in the system directories.
    • Fixed selecting files from Viber and some other apps.
    • Fixed adjusting the new file size when editing MP3 tags.
    • Some other bug fixes and improvements.

v6.56.5_B21060520:
    • Fixed not removing the deleted folder from the list which is happening in the previous version.
    • Some optimizations for TV and added 'Column count' option for Grid/Gallery view modes for non touch screen devices.

v6.56.4_B21060210:
    • Removed WebDav server option. HTTP server will support WebDav commands.
    • Added Comment input in the file properties dialog.
    • Added Basic/Digest authentication option in HTTP server settings page.
    • Fixed some issues with SVG thumbnails.
    • Some other fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.56.3_B21052720:
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.56.2_B21052410:
    • Added 'Ignore .nosearch files' option in the Search dialog.
    • Improved WebDav server security and performance and added Digest authentication to support Windows explorer.
    • Fixed some minor bugs and missing options in Auto-task dialog.
    • Fixed encoding issue with some short filenames in the zip files.

v6.56.1_B21051580:
    • Improved WebDav server to work with more clients.

v6.56.0_B21051510:
    • Added WebDav server.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.55.4_B21051010:
    • Fixed some issues with Image viewer.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.55.2_B21050440:
    • Fixed WebDav Digest authentication error in recent versions.
    • Added 'auth_type' option in the Advanced settings for WebDav. You can enter basic, digest, ntlm.
    • Fixed auto folding bookmark sections on startup.

v6.55.1_B21050210:
    • Added space bar in bookmarks panel.
    • Added access to Home folder in the system file selection dialog on Android 11.
    • Added 'Swipe down to show/hide hidden files' in VIEW > Options.
    • Improved Mega.nz functions and added 'Sync' option in the main menu to update the cached data.
    • Optimized the speed of reading the archived files.
    • Optimized the download speed.
    • Added 'Remember Delete option' in the Setting > More settings, to remember the last choice in Delete dialog when Undo is enabled.
    • Disabled renaming folders, if EncFS volume has 'Filename IV chaining' option enabled.
    • Fixed a listing error with FTP client.
    • Improved to Move/Delete bookmarks with their section header if it's collapsed.
    • Some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.54.7_B21041720:
    • Fixed giving permission to access .../Android/data/ on Android 11 for some devices.
    • Fixed the problem with Html viewer in the previous build on older Android versions.

v6.54.6_B21041550:
    • Fixed Mail.ru login issue.
    • Fixed wrong View/Sort icons.

v6.54.5_B21041520:
    • Fixed infinite loading lists when a folder doesn't really exist.

v6.54.4_B21041410
    • Optimized for Desktop mode.
    • Fixed extracting POSIX Tar.
    • Fixed listing SMB shared folders from Mac OS. You don't need to set 'share_names' manually.
    • Fixed opening CBZ Comic books without ZIP headers.
    • Increased the thumbnails quality.
    • Deprecated the SMB add-on. Uninstall it.
    • Deprecated the Metadata add-on. Install the Tagger add-on instead.
    • Fixed the Mediafire login issue.
    • Fixed opening some kind of MHT files.
    • Fixed an issue with opening an EncFS folder on some clouds .
    • Some other tiny changes and fixes.

v6.54.2_B21040310
    • Added 'Folder media symbols' option in VIEW > Options...
    • Fixed SD card Write issue on Android 7.

v6.54.1_B21040210
    • Added space usage bar for the recursive search list.
    • Fixed some issues in the previous build.

v6.53.7_B21032810
    • Fixed the thumbnail quality issue.

v6.53.6_B21032720
    • Changed Target SDK to 30 and added 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' permission for Android 11.
    • Updated PDF and Codecs add-ons.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.53.5_B21031110
    • Some fixes and optimizations.

v6.53.4_B21031010
    • Added an option 'Data folder in root' in the Settings > More settings, which is enabled by default on Android 11.
    • Added 'Open in terminal' option in the main menu.

v6.53.3_B21030910
    • Moved MiX data folder to the root of internal storage on Android 11.

v6.53.2_B21030720
    • Added the last changed and accessed times to the Properties dialog, if it's supported.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.1_B21030620
    • Added 'Dot files first' option in Sort > Options.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.0_B21030510
    • Added 'Move contents up' option in the action menu.
    • Added 'Content URI' in the properties dialog.
    • Search recursively for Type: ALL and Size smaller than 1 Byte, to find empty folders and files with zero size.
    • Dot files will be at the end of the list if the list is sorted by Name or Type.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.52.4_B21030120
    • Many improvements, optimizations and fixes.
    • Changed Content provider address. You need to update your shortcuts like those saved in home screen.
    • If the Breadcrumb bar is enabled by default and you don't want it, you can disable it from the Settings > More settings.
    • Added 'Folder' type in Search dialog.
    • Fixed freezing when using custom themes.
    • Add .nothumbnail to a folder to disable thumbnails.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.51.6_B21020750
    • Fixed filtering category lists by name instead of path.
    • Added check for '.nomedia' file if the category list is sorted by the parent folders. If it ignores .nomedia when it's sorted by files or when you filter the list, it's your system issue and Android media-store needs to get updated. Long-press on the address bar > Refresh Android media-store.
    • Added notification and log for 'Refresh Android media-store' function.
    • If your connected device is not added to the bookmark list, tap on Add > Document provider and select it manually.
    • Fixed an issue with loading files.

v6.51.4_B21020450
    • Optimized listing and filtering file categories.

v6.51.3_B21020410
    • Optimized Home page.
    • Some tiny changes.

v6.51.2_B21020120
    • Fixed crashes in the previous build.

v6.51.1_B21013120

v6.51.0_B21012930
    • Added SMB3 support. You can set smb3=no to disable it. You need to update SMB add-on.
    • Many optimizations and fixes and tiny features.

v6.50.1_B21011710
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.50.0_B21011130
    • Added ADD > Dot File > .nopreview to prevent creating thumbnails.
    • Added 'Starred' folder in Drive Cloud.
    • Added 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB' & 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB_SELECTED' in Skin Editor. Skins need to get updated. If you've selected a built-in skin, remove and add it again.
    • Added ADD > Symbolic Link option for network folders.
    • Added binary_mode option for FTP client.
    • Moved temp folder to /Android folder for Android 11.
    • Fixed extracting some type of Archives. (You need to update the Archive add-on.)
    • Fixed an issue with listing files in Mega.co.nz.
    • Fixed restoring .mib files.
    • Fixed executing with the built-in BusyBox.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11 and some other bugs.

v6.49.6_B21010710
    • Updated pCloud.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.49.5_B21010210
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Many tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.49.4_B20122510
    • Updated Mail.ru cloud.
    • Some other tiny fixes and optimizations.

v6.49.3_B20080720

v6.49.1_B20080510
    • Added XAPK installation support.
    • Added VIEW > Options > Change view mode globally.
    • Added 'Activities' section in the settings page to enable/disable activities.
    • Added Toolbar > VIEW > Options > Reset zoom on view change.
    • Added navigation back button option in the Settings > More settings.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.48.1_B20071810
    • Fixed executing shell scripts as an unprivileged user.
    • Optimized the streaming performance in EncFs volume.

v6.48.0_B20071610
    • Added a basic XLSX reader.
    • Optimized Main Menu > Tools > Duplicates. It's faster and uses less memory.
    • Enabled Cleartext HTTP traffic for WebDav.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Open your exported settings file > Add "delete_without_asking": true, after "pref": { "main": { > Save > Tap on it and import. It won't show the delete prompt.
    • The bookmarks drawer > APP lists apps by their folders by default. Tap on 'SORT' button in the toolbar > Options > Uncheck 'By parents'.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.47.2_B20062830
    • Target API Level changed to 30.
    • Added TGS animated sticker support.
    • Added reading raw text from DOCX and save as DOCX in Code editor.
    • Improved Content viewer (HTML viewer) and added basic DOCX support.
    • Long press on Delete button to send files to the recycle bin, if 'Undo' is enabled from the settings.
    • Added 'Extract to...' to extract files directly from the other apps. You can disable 'Open Archive' from the settings and use it as 'Extract here'.
    • Fixed an issue with some NTFS partitions in the previous build.
    • If you've selected the built-in Dark skin. Remove and select it again to update it.
    • Improved SFTP Client performance.
    • Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore.

v6.46.3_B20060910
    • Create a folder and add symbolic links with any target and long-press on tab > 'Set as home'.
    • And some fixes.

v6.46.2_B20060830
    • Added an experimental Home page. 'Reset Defaults' from the menu in the bookmarks drawer. If you don't need it, delete '/data/data/com.mixplorer[.beta|.silver]/home' directory.
    • Added an option to set your favorite skin as the Night Mode skin. Tap on the Pencil icon in the skins dialog > Enable 'Nigh mode'. If your system is dark, the dark skin will be selected automatically. You need to select the 'Default' skin again, if you don't want it.
    • Removed Delete confirm dialog if 'Undo' is enabled and moving to recycle bin is supported for the storage.
    • Added 'Playlist' in the Player menu.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.
    • Fixed some bugs in the previous builds.

v6.45.3_B20060410
    • Added GPG-encrypted text viewer and editor.
    • These characters , @| will be allowed in 'Custom Datetime Format' in the settings.
    • Fixed Notification progress issue.
    • Fixed an issue with importing large settings.
    • Updated pCloud client ID.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.

v6.44.1_B20043010
    • Added 'Auto Hide Controls' in built-in player.
    • Some bug fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.44.0_B20030810
    • Added Auto Remount option in the settings and an option 'Remount as RO/RW' in the main menu.
    • Added '%TT' to add Title tag and '%TN' to add Track number to media filenames, in Rename dialog.
    • Added '%A' for Auto Increment Number, in Rename dialog.
    • Some tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.43.1_B20020410

v6.43.0_B20020320
    • Optimized deleting folders on Sd Card. If there is an error, let me know.
    • Fixed reusing TLS session key for FTP client in Android Pie+.
    • Added an option to create home screen shortcut for an AutoTask.
    • Fixed the new uploading issue in Mail.Ru.
    • Added 2FA support for Mail.Ru.
    • Added 'Overwrite if it's not equal' in 'File Exists' dialog, if it's supported by storage.
    • Fixed 'Fullscreen' option in Image Viewer, Content Viewer and eBook Reader.
    • Fixed the new login issue in Mega.nz.
    • Added 'Type' option in the Search dialog.
    • And some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.42.3_B19121220
    • Improved FTP client performance and fixed reusing TLS session for data connections. If it's still not working on your system, let me know.
    • Added MiX Dark Grey Skin. If there are color issues, let me know.
    • Added 'Show Extensions' in Toolbar View > Options...
    • Added back 'Editable' option in Bookmarks bar menu > Options...
    • Fixed deleting folders on SD card for some devices.

v6.42.2_B19120820
    • Tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.42.1_B19120810
    • Added 'Show Hidden Globally' option in the main menu. You can enable it from the Setting > Buttons > Main menu.
    • Fixed some bugs in previous build.

v6.42.0_B19120720
    • Moved options related to Grid views from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'Show hidden globally' and 'Show hidden recursively' from 'Main bar > Menu > Show Hidden' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Added 'Drag and Drop' and 'Pinch to zoom' in 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'App Remnants' and 'Duplicates' to 'Main bar > Menu > Tools'.
    • Added 'Tap to execute' option in 'Setting > More settings', to start operation by single tap on Tasks button. Long press to show tasks.
    • Moved 'Fixed drawer in landscape' from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Added 'Reverse and pin the list from bottom' in 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Fixed MediaFire new upload issue.
    • Added 'HIGHLIGHT_VISITED_FOLDER' color option.
    • Added 'Fullscreen' option for EBook Reader and Html Viewer.

v6.41.3_B19111510
    • Some optimizations and fixes.

v6.41.2_B19111210
    • Fixed copy to clipboard and some other issues.

v6.41.1_B19111120
    • Added custom 'client_id' option in bookmark settings for Google and Microsoft Drives.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.41.0_B19111110
    • Improved 7z compression performance with LZMA, LZ5, ... methods.
    • Added Boot Completed Permission to reset auto tasks alarms.
    • Fixed saving Epub tags with cover and Mobi tags with no cover.
    • Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

v6.40.3_B19101620
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed FTP listing for 'ows_nt' system type.
    • Fixed 'Delete Source' issue in Archive dialog. Archive addon needs to be updated.
    • Added 'Delete Source' and 'Remember' in Extract dialog.
    • Some tiny changes and improvements.

v6.40.2_B19101610
    • Fixed text editing crash in previous build.

v6.40.1_B19101520
    • Changed Target SDK version to 29 for Android 10.
    • Fixed some UI issues.
    • Fixed Player crash in previous build.

v6.40.0_B19101310
    • Added custom font and LIGHT_STATUS_BAR options in Skin editor.
    • Improved CHM viewer.
    • Added 'Delete Source' option in Archive Dialog.
    • Fixed an issue with extracting RAR files.
    • Fixed wake up to execute auto task.
    • Added 'Go to' option in Ebook reader > Tap on Title bar.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.39.6_B19100710
    • Fixed long-press selection crash in previous build.

v6.39.5_B19100610
    • Fixed long-press on some action buttons to execute task for selected files immediately.
    • Fixed Mega.nz 2fa authentication.
    • Fixed Exif Datetime read/save.
    • Fixed listing wrong files/folders after MOVE operation on clouds.
    • Fixed reading certificate from v2 scheme signature.
    • Fixed copying a folder into EncFs container.

v6.39.4_B19092410
    • Fixed Google Team Drives bug.
    • Fixed wrong Week,Month interval for auto tasks.
    • Fixed an issue with IP scanner.
    • Removed Fast delete option. It does when it's possible.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.39.3_B19092210
    • Removed Amazon Drive.
    • Fixed moving/renaming in WebDav.
    Fixed wake up for auto tasks.
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed video thumbnail issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and crashes.

v6.39.2_B19071410
    • Fixed an issue with silent app installation.
    • Some other tiny fixes.

v6.39.1_B19070810
    • Added archive format (for local files) and password option in Auto Tasks dialog.
    • Added Remember last password in archive dialog.
    • Added THUMB_ROUNDED_CORNER option for skins.
    • Added Subtitle options and PIP (Oreo+) for built-in player.
    • Added Slide show options for image viewer.
    • Added Breadcrumb option in settings > More settings.
    • Added Cp850 to encoding list.
    • Improved Backblaze cloud to support keys for single bucket.
    • Removed 'Folder Size' and 'Detailed View' from the settings > More settings and added 'More details' in View modes popup.
    • Fixed some root issues.
    • Some other improvements and fixes.

v6.38.0_B19062410
    • Added Save option for entered regex in rename dialog.
    • Added Archive to... option to receive and archive the shared files.
    • Added editing EPub icon in tag editor.
    • Added Night mode option for Epub (It depends on EPub design).
    • Added 'Detailed view' option in Settings > More settings to enable extra info in detailed view mode for Lollipop+.
    • Fixed to start tasks from background in Oreo/Pie.
    • Fixed and improved reading MIME formats with Html Viewer.
    • Updated VLC addon.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.37.0_B19061310
    • Added 'DELETE' option for Auto Tasks.
    • Added a Dark skin.
    • Fixed opening network files with Code editor.
    • Added some tiny features for Lollipop+ and some other fixes.

v6.36.6_B19060520
    • Fixed an issue with opening shortcuts from home screen.

v6.36.5_B19060510
    • Updated Mediafire cloud.
    • Fixed freezing when creating thumbnails in previous build.

v6.36.4_B19053110
    • Some tiny changes and optimizations for Android TV.

v6.36.3_B19053010
    • Fixed an issue with creating zip file.

v6.36.2_B19052610
    • Fixed opening password protected PDF. (Update Addon)
    • Fixed random crash on exit.
    • Fixed setting write permission in Android Q.
    • Improved Backblaze to save user key (encrypted) to update auth token later.
    • Fixed some Find/Replace issues in Code/Text Editor.
    • Changed FTP server timezone to UTC for some clients.
    • Fixed OneDrive external login.
    • Fixed FTP Server transfer timeout issue.
    • Optimized SFTP transfer speed.
    • Fixed some other tiny bugs.

v6.36.1_B19051810
    • Added 'Teams' folder for Google Drive.
    • Fixed and improved PDF reader. (Update MiX PDF)
    • Fixed some Metadata/Tags editing issues. (Update MiX Metadata)
    • Dropped supporting mips architecture.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.35.7_B19042110
    • Fixed editing EPUB metadata. (Update Metadata addon)

v6.35.6_B19042020
    • Fixed WebDav NTLM authentication.
    • Fixed reading filename from Zip extra field.
    • Fixed reading searched files for some clouds like DropBox.
    • Fixed some other bugs and some tiny improvements.

v6.35.5_B19041010

• Fixed generating video thumbnails for LAN.
    • Fixed opening Chrome extension .crx files.
    • Fixed FTP/SFTP Direct Write issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.
    Languages

See List of v6.x language add-ons
    If you want to help to translate to your language, send me an email to [email protected]