[APP][2.2+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Also regarding cleanup functions: I'm interested in what scanning utilities might find but I never use them automatically (not even the well known and reliable ones); only manually, and with close review of items found, and if there is a robust and easily usable auditing and backup function as part of the scanner. So I'm in the group that probably would not use it as a cleaner, but might use it just to explore (as long as that could be done without changing anything on the device).

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
Also regarding cleanup functions: I'm interested in what scanning utilities might find but I never use them automatically (not even the well known and reliable ones); only manually, and with close review of items found, and if there is a robust and easily usable auditing and backup function as part of the scanner. So I'm in the group that probably would not use it as a cleaner, but might use it just to explore (as long as that could be done without changing anything on the device).
Same applies to me.

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
@HootanParsa there seems to be a bug in the latest SMB addon, causing permission issues. Before the update I could do everything as expected, create, rename, copy, delete etc. on my Debian Testing based Samba shares.

After latest update I can copy files and directories over there, but cannot delete and/or rename things anymore every now and then. Maybe this has something to do with SMB3 (which is a mess IMHO)?

This is device independent as well, same error on two phones and a tablet (all running Android 10).

Apart from that: Thanks for the breadcrumbs setting! Got used to that on Nautilus long time ago so it blends in my workflow nicely. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: HootanParsa
Aug 12, 2010
@HootanParsa After latest update I can copy files and directories over there, but cannot delete and/or rename things anymore every now and then. Maybe this has something to do with SMB3
Same here + App got very laggy and slow since v6.52.4_B21030120. E.g. folder refresh with ~10items inside takes up to 5s

EDIT: Seems to be fixed in MiXplorer_v6.53.1-API30_B21030630. No more lags opening local folders and able to delete content on SMB-Share.

EDIT2: Nope, now it seems to be even worse... Constant App crashes while browsing through the folders...

Last edited:

guhvanoh

What about adding a checkbox 'Move content up before delete' in Delete dialog, when we try to delete a folder, instead?
Speaking as someone who uses Linux for 90% of what I do, when I want to delete a directory, it means I also want to delete it's contents hence rm -rf. If there are contents in the directory that I want to keep, I'll move them first to where I want, come back and check before deleting the directory.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
What about adding a checkbox 'Move content up before delete' in Delete dialog, when we try to delete a folder, instead?
I havent been following this concept or the move contents up a folder discussions. However, maybe for both, when you delete (or "move contents up", I think I also just made a suggestion for the menu label ;)) it could pop up a dialogue that gives the user options like
Delete ALL content recursively​
Move content up a level​
Compress all content into an archive​
Zip​
Tar​
Rar​
Although reading over the above, the "delete" would probably be better at the bottom and followed by another confirmation ...

Last edited:

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
@HootanParsa there seems to be a bug in the latest SMB addon, causing permission issues. Before the update I could do everything as expected, create, rename, copy, delete etc. on my Debian Testing based Samba shares.

After latest update I can copy files and directories over there, but cannot delete and/or rename things anymore every now and then. Maybe this has something to do with SMB3 (which is a mess IMHO)?

This is device independent as well, same error on two phones and a tablet (all running Android 10).

Apart from that: Thanks for the breadcrumbs setting! Got used to that on Nautilus long time ago so it blends in my workflow nicely. 🙂
I played around with the smb.conf of my server, setting

min protocol = SMB2 and
protocol = SMB3

So the server should use SMB3 by default with ability to fall back to SMB2 (just had min protocol = SMB2 before).

After restarting Samba it seems to work for now, but I'll have to observe how it goes from here, since those SMB related bugs are somewhat hard to reproduce. A lot of variables that can interfere with that. I'll report if there's anything new.

Edit:
After a bit of research it turns out that with Samba 4.x they dropped SMB1 by default. You can enable it again, but why would you? In addition the smb.conf manpage now recommends to not set anything, because the client and server should negotiate the appropiate versions of SMB protocols for server and client by default. So I removed that completely now.

Setting SMB3=yes in the MiX LAN share entry slows down speed dramatically.
2,1 MB/s compared to 9MB/s with SMB3= (=off) on my network.

Looks like SMB3 and MiX SMB don't like one another that much atm. 😕

Last edited:

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
I'm still not sure what to do about this long name: Move content up and delete.
What about 'Orphan its content'?
Still weird!

Edit:
'Delete without content' ?
MCUAD ? :D
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: IronTechmonkey

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Still weird!

Edit:
Not sure if you actually noted my suggestion, so I will simply suggest it again.
"move contents up"
The thing I like about "move" is that it implies a delete.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Still weird!

Edit:

I'm not suggesting this above other suggestions that have been already made, particularly @DiamondJohn's reminder that move does imply delete which gets my vote, but, "tree", "branch", and "pruning" as in trimming the branches of a tree are also common words for these things, but in that model I do not recall the equivalent for orphaned objects nor can I find it doing a bit of research now so...

Prune branch and collect wood chips?
🤪

Last edited:

mrkarim

Oct 19, 2016
@HootanParsa

I have an issue to reach my Android/data (and also Android/obb) folder, obtaining a "doesn't exists" toast message.. and the folders looks completely empty.
Here's the log file.
Thanks.

Attachments

• MiX-Log-B21030510.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 2

mrkarim

Oct 19, 2016
What does happen if you tap on Add > Document provider ?
Unfortunately absolutely nothing.. :(
Another strange behavior is that if I browse starting from #root, when I arrive to "storage" and then "emulated".. the path it broke here, as I can't find "0" folder in it.
I can tell you that the only new event is that two days ago I update the device to Android 11, but I haven't any other issues, and for example I can normally reach those folders with the SD Maid file explorer as well..
Here another recent log file..

Attachments

• MiX-Log-B21030510.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 3

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
Unfortunately absolutely nothing.. :(
Another strange behavior is that if I browse starting from #root, when I arrive to "storage" and then "emulated".. the path it broke here, as I can't find "0" folder in it.
I can tell you that the only new event is that two days ago I update the device to Android 11, but I haven't any other issues, and for example I can normally reach those folders with the SD Maid file explorer as well..
Here another recent log file..
Then install API30 version from the second post.
Is that a custom ROM?

mrkarim

Oct 19, 2016
Then install API30 version from the second post.
Is that a custom ROM?
Done, but unfortunately nothing changed, same exactly issue.
No, stock OXYGEN 11 OnePlus rom officially released a few days ago..
(I'm triyng to attach the new txt log but I don't know why it cannot be uploaded on my post.. the file name is strike-thtough with a line.. I'm sorry, so i report the log)

##### MiX-B21030520_2021-03-05_16-53.txt ************************ MiXplorer v6.53.0-API30-B21030520 Device: OnePlus AC2003, Brand:OnePlus Android Target: 11.0 (R, API 30) CPU ABI: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi ------------------------------------ D/Storage> Refresh storage list... D/ActivityResult> Request:111, Result:0 I/MiX> RESUMED D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0 I/MiX> Storage: 2 /storage/emulated/0 I/MiX> Storage: 1 / D/Storage> --- Documents ----------------------------- D/Storage> /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb D/Storage> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data D/Storage> ------------------------------------------- D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/Android E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! D/DATA_LOADER> libs.kp1 E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! D/DATA_LOADER> libs.kp1 D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/BROWSE_TASK> libs.kp1 D/HUB> ITEM >> / I/Root> D/Root> BusyBox v1.29.3-MINI v1 MiX (2020-12-25 04:23:43 +0330) multi-call binary.… I/Root> Using custom BusyBox v1.29.x D/Root> Exists > /system/bin/su I/Root> *********************** Rooted. 44 ms D/Root> Create process... D/Root> SU permission granted. D/Root> Done! I/Root> mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/dm-4 / E/Root> STD-ERR >> '/dev/block/dm-4' is read-only W/Root> CUSTOM_BUSYBOX MINI:true Remounted rw / I/Root> ls -lnA "/" I/Root> ls -ld "/system/bin" I/Root> ls -ld "/data/user_de/0/com.android.shell/files/bugreports" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /data/user_de/0/com.android.shell/files/bugreports: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -ld "/data/cache" I/Root> ls -ld "/sys/kernel/debug" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /sys/kernel/debug: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -ld "/system/etc/prop.default" I/Root> mount -o rw,remount /dev/eWZOGa/.magisk/block/system_root /system/bin/init E/Root> STD-ERR >> '/dev/eWZOGa/.magisk/block/system_root' is read-only W/Root> CUSTOM_BUSYBOX MINI:true Remounted rw /system/bin/init I/Root> ls -ld "/system/bin/init" I/Root> ls -lnA "/acct" I/Root> ls -lnA "/oem" I/Root> mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/dm-8 /odm E/Root> STD-ERR >> '/dev/block/dm-8' is read-only W/Root> CUSTOM_BUSYBOX MINI:true Remounted rw /odm I/Root> ls -lnA "/odm" I/Root> ls -lnA "/mnt" I/Root> ls -lnA "/metadata" I/Root> ls -lnA "/lost+found" I/Root> ls -lnA "/linkerconfig" I/Root> ls -ld "/system/etc/.preview" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /system/etc/.preview: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -lnA "/dev" I/Root> ls -ld "/dev/binderfs/vndbinder" I/Root> ls -lnA "/debug_ramdisk" I/Root> ls -lnA "/data_mirror" I/Root> ls -lnA "/data" I/Root> ls -ld "/sys/kernel/debug/.preview" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /sys/kernel/debug/.preview: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -lnA "/config" I/Root> ls -ld "/data/cache/.preview" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /data/cache/.preview: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -ld "/data/user_de/0/com.android.shell/files/bugreports/.preview" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /data/user_de/0/com.android.shell/files/bugreports/.preview: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -ld "/system/bin/.preview" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /system/bin/.preview: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -lnA "/apex" I/Root> ls -lnA "/postinstall" I/Root> ls -lnA "/proc" I/Root> ls -ld "/sys/firmware/devicetree/base" I/Root> ls -ld "/proc/19973" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /proc/19973: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -ld "/proc/19973/task/19973" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /proc/19973/task/19973: No such file or directory I/Root> ls -lnA "/sys" I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage" I/Root> ls -lnA "/system" I/Root> ls -ld "/storage/self/primary/.preview" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /storage/self/primary/.preview: No such file or directory I/Root> mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/dm-5 /system_ext E/Root> STD-ERR >> '/dev/block/dm-5' is read-only W/Root> CUSTOM_BUSYBOX MINI:true Remounted rw /system_ext I/Root> ls -lnA "/system_ext" I/Root> mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/dm-7 /vendor E/Root> STD-ERR >> '/dev/block/dm-7' is read-only W/Root> CUSTOM_BUSYBOX MINI:true Remounted rw /vendor I/Root> ls -lnA "/vendor" I/Root> ls -lnA "/res" I/Root> mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/dm-6 /product E/Root> STD-ERR >> '/dev/block/dm-6' is read-only W/Root> CUSTOM_BUSYBOX MINI:true Remounted rw /product I/Root> ls -lnA "/product" D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage" I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/emulated" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: can't open '/storage/emulated': Permission denied I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/self" I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/sdcard0" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /storage/sdcard0: No such file or directory D/DATA_LOADER> libs.kp1 D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/emulated" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: can't open '/storage/emulated': Permission denied I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/emulated" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: can't open '/storage/emulated': Permission denied I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/self" I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/sdcard0" E/Root> STD-ERR >> ls: /storage/sdcard0: No such file or directory D/DATA_LOADER> libs.kp1 D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/self I/Root> ls -lnA "/storage/self" D/HUB> ITEM >> SYM /storage/self/primary D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/Android E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! D/DATA_LOADER> libs.kp1 E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! D/DATA_LOADER> libs.kp1 D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/DOC> Issue with ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE! E/BROWSE_TASK> libs.kp1 D/HUB> ITEM >> /storage/emulated/0/Download"]

HootanParsa

Recognized Developer
May 8, 2011
Done, but unfortunately nothing changed, same exactly issue.
No, stock OXYGEN 11 OnePlus rom officially released a few days ago..
(I'm triyng to attach the new txt log but I don't know why it cannot be uploaded on my post.. the file name is strike-thtough with a line.. I'm sorry, so i report the log)
Thanks. No need for log.
What the package name of your system file manager? Can you send me the APK?

Top Liked Posts

Usage Question: How to find largest folders with Mxplorer? My storage is running out and I would like to figure out what folders occupy the most spaces. I tried "Sort By Size". But it doesn't really work as what I expected. For example, my "Android" folder has about 7GB size, but it's listed in the middle and shows 11KB in the Mixplorer list view. Thanks a lot for your help.

There is a way to do this but it is a newly added feature and not yet documented in the FAQ.

From root of drive or from any folder you want to the scan, perform a recursive search for type = folder like so:

Navigate to desired location - tap search button - long press recursive search arrow (in lower right corner) - contains = leave blank - type = folder - go.

When the scan completes (which may take a minute or two) you should see details of the folders with bars representing the amount of space. You can bookmark the scan results just like any other location for future use. Details that are not visible in the scan results might be visible other places. Note: this may also require that "more details" is enabled.
    OK. we are talking different things. I am talking history and you are talking about the future changes. It doesn't matter what search type I am doing. Even if I search any files modified since 2019, it generates a result. This result becomes a history and it's what I want. I don't care if there are new files created tomorrow. I just want the history result. It doesn't matter what will change. A history will not change. When I want a history, you tell me I want new changes, But I don't want. You want to get new result, it's OK. That is what you want, but it's not what I want. I just want the history, the log, that result file with the exact SHA256 file checksum value. I hope I express clearly what I want. Thanks a lot.
    Select Execute from the menu and enter:
    du -sh * > results.txt
    This will save your results in a text file in the root of the directory you want. Feel free to lookup all the additional flags for the du command.
    Select Execute from the menu and enter:
    du -sh * > results.txt
    This will save your results in a text file in the root of the directory you want. Feel free to lookup all the additional flags for the du command.
    I am a long time linux user (my main OS). So I knew `du` very well. I actually do NOT want `du`. I want `ncdu`. But there is no built-in "ncdu". :) So "du" won't solve my problem.
    After you made the recursive search by folder and all list is retrieved then you have to LONG PRESS the address bar (that with arrow down). A popup will show up then choose Add to... then Bookmarks. See attached pictures
    Thank you very much. I find it at the top address bar now.

@IronTechmonkey said it's saving search result, but I found out it's NOT.
    It just saves the search mechanism. (not sure how to call it properly).
    If I quit the app, and click that saved bookmark, it will have to restart the search again.
    I don't agree that this featue is saving the search result. Search result is the result and shouldn't need to take another very long time to search again.
    Sorry, cannot understand these types of posts. Better avoiding writing this just for writing something...this is a bad behaviour that someone else also is used to make here in thread. I do not think we are off topic at all and more I think that posts are needed because the misunderstood. A new user made a question or needed some help about some feature. Pheraps better reply trying to help than writing posts like that you wrote. Sorry but I see you are used to make similar intervent in thread. I find instead this off topic and not pertinent at all.

Sorry, cannot understand these types of posts. Better avoiding writing this just for writing something...this is a bad behaviour that someone else also is used to make here in thread. I do not think we are off topic at all and more I think that posts are needed because the misunderstood. A new user made a question or needed some help about some feature. Pheraps better reply trying to help than writing posts like that you wrote. Sorry but I see you are used to make similar intervent in thread. I find instead this off topic and not pertinent at all.
    Discussions are always welcome but when you finding yourself stuck in a loop of opinions (already discussed not so much time ago) about a feature, is not so useful anymore, the problem is not communication but the will of each one of you trying to get what you want. I really don't care if my answers will be reported and deleted, at least it was delivered. I try to keep my feedback and requests (except this one) short as possible and I hate to pestering the developer repeating myself. Good ideas are always recognized at the first sight. I'm sorry if I sounded rude.
    I think my brain needs rest. I will come back soon. :)
    I have updated the XDA version of MiXplorer (The Standard). If there is a new problem, please let me know. Thank you.

I see Google Play has replied to one of my old messages and apologized for delay response. Only 4 months delay! :) I'm sure there are great and professional people working in Play team and they're doing their best but I really can't bother myself to contact them anymore.
    I won't push the publish button for the Silver version which is finally reviewed after 2 days but shared with pirate websites some hours before that. I'm uploading another build as an app bundle and as you should know no one has access except Play team as always. I hope they will do their best.
    I finally experienced Android 11 and its scoped storage on a real phone. What a crap! The Android media scanner wasn't enough!
    I published multiple experimental builds with target SDK 30 and 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' permission before but I found some issues on emulator which are not reproducible on my device and I didn't know there is a huge difference on performance. So I will change the target to 30 with 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' for the stable and beta versions.
    For the Silver version, I improved the performance as much as possible but as you should know Google Play doesn't allow 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' permission, so there is nothing I can do about it for now.
    Let's experience the scoped storage with this build.
    I had to search million lines of codes in all libraries I'm using for the methods which make the app slow because of this masterpiece (SS) and its high level of programming.
    Add > Document provider > Find and select every single default folder in the root of storage, if it's allowed by the Center.
    It's all for our security and privacy for sure as the Center says but I personally rather to turn off my phone and hide under the bed. :)
    Imagine the Police comes to your property and says we thought your doors are open to everyone. Are they?! Yes, people come inside, do whatever they want and then leave. So for your protection, security, privacy, whatever, you must gain permission from us to use your every single room. What about my warehouse? Forget that one! Bathroom is also gonna be locked and since now you have to use the common public bathroom under our protection.
    Thank you Police! 😽
    [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer (full-featured file manager)

Hello everyone!
    My name is Hootan. I work on XDA in my free time and this file explorer is my favorite Android project!

MiXplorer mix of explorers (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and full-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface.

This app has no ads, is and will always remain free.
    It supports Android 2.2+ (Froyo)
    I hope you enjoy it.

Features
    The best way indeed is to explore yourself. But here's a brief list of essential features:

• Easily themable with customization option which lets you select any color you like.
    • Sort, disable and enable all menu options and action buttons.
    • Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode and Drag and Drop between panels also supported.
    • Easily create Tasks to multitask Copy, Move, ... operations.
    • Different various View Modes and Sorting Options for each folder separately!
    • Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types already categorized.
    • Advanced search functions.
    • Custom USB OTG driver. FAT32 (R/W), exFat(R/W), NTFS (R).
    • Html viewer which supports MHT, Markdown, AXml, CHM, MAFF and ....
    • Export/Import all preferences and bookmarks and customized skins.
    • Packing/unpacking 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard.
    • Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR/RAR5, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, XAR and Z.
    • All your cloud storage needs accessible from one single app. Choose from 19 providers:
      Amazon CloudDrive, Mega.co.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, 4Shared, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, OneDrive Business, pCloud, SugarSync, VDisk.
      + clouds which support webdav like (Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe, ...).
    • Modifying zip files.
    • EPub, MobiPacket and PDF reader.
    • Root access for all advanced operations.
    • User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
    • EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
    • File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
    • FTP/HTTP Server built in + TCP server to receive files from other devices using MiX (Send-to option).
    • Built-in Image Viewer (it supports GIF, SVG, TGA, ICO,...).
    • Built-in Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
    • Powerful Text Editor.
    • SAMBA, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV supported as well.
    • And many more awesome features for you to explore!

If you have any ideas, suggestions or you found a bug/mistake, feel free and let me know. :)
    Email: [email protected]

Screenshots
    Changelog

v6.54.7_B21041720:
    • Fixed giving permission to access .../Android/data/ on Android 11 for some devices.
    • Fixed the problem with Html viewer in the previous build on older Android versions.

v6.54.6_B21041550:
    • Fixed Mail.ru login issue.
    • Fixed wrong View/Sort icons.

v6.54.5_B21041520:
    • Fixed infinite loading lists when a folder doesn't really exist.

v6.54.4_B21041410
    • Optimized for Desktop mode.
    • Fixed extracting POSIX Tar.
    • Fixed listing SMB shared folders from Mac OS. You don't need to set 'share_names' manually.
    • Fixed opening CBZ Comic books without ZIP headers.
    • Increased the thumbnails quality.
    • Deprecated the SMB add-on. Uninstall it.
    • Deprecated the Metadata add-on. Install the Tagger add-on instead.
    • Fixed the Mediafire login issue.
    • Fixed opening some kind of MHT files.
    • Fixed an issue with opening an EncFS folder on some clouds .
    • Some other tiny changes and fixes.

v6.54.2_B21040310
    • Added 'Folder media symbols' option in VIEW > Options...
    • Fixed SD card Write issue on Android 7.

v6.54.1_B21040210
    • Added space usage bar for the recursive search list.
    • Fixed some issues in the previous build.

v6.53.7_B21032810
    • Fixed the thumbnail quality issue.

v6.53.6_B21032720
    • Changed Target SDK to 30 and added 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' permission for Android 11.
    • Updated PDF and Codecs add-ons.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.53.5_B21031110
    • Some fixes and optimizations.

v6.53.4_B21031010
    • Added an option 'Data folder in root' in the Settings > More settings, which is enabled by default on Android 11.
    • Added 'Open in terminal' option in the main menu.

v6.53.3_B21030910
    • Moved MiX data folder to the root of internal storage on Android 11.

v6.53.2_B21030720
    • Added the last changed and accessed times to the Properties dialog, if it's supported.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.1_B21030620
    • Added 'Dot files first' option in Sort > Options.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.0_B21030510
    • Added 'Move contents up' option in the action menu.
    • Added 'Content URI' in the properties dialog.
    • Search recursively for Type: ALL and Size smaller than 1 Byte, to find empty folders and files with zero size.
    • Dot files will be at the end of the list if the list is sorted by Name or Type.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.52.4_B21030120
    • Many improvements, optimizations and fixes.
    • Changed Content provider address. You need to update your shortcuts like those saved in home screen.
    • If the Breadcrumb bar is enabled by default and you don't want it, you can disable it from the Settings > More settings.
    • Added 'Folder' type in Search dialog.
    • Fixed freezing when using custom themes.
    • Add .nothumbnail to a folder to disable thumbnails.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.51.6_B21020750
    • Fixed filtering category lists by name instead of path.
    • Added check for '.nomedia' file if the category list is sorted by the parent folders. If it ignores .nomedia when it's sorted by files or when you filter the list, it's your system issue and Android media-store needs to get updated. Long-press on the address bar > Refresh Android media-store.
    • Added notification and log for 'Refresh Android media-store' function.
    • If your connected device is not added to the bookmark list, tap on Add > Document provider and select it manually.
    • Fixed an issue with loading files.

v6.51.4_B21020450
    • Optimized listing and filtering file categories.

v6.51.3_B21020410
    • Optimized Home page.
    • Some tiny changes.

v6.51.2_B21020120
    • Fixed crashes in the previous build.

v6.51.1_B21013120

v6.51.0_B21012930
    • Added SMB3 support. You can set smb3=no to disable it. You need to update SMB add-on.
    • Many optimizations and fixes and tiny features.

v6.50.1_B21011710
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.50.0_B21011130
    • Added ADD > Dot File > .nopreview to prevent creating thumbnails.
    • Added 'Starred' folder in Drive Cloud.
    • Added 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB' & 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB_SELECTED' in Skin Editor. Skins need to get updated. If you've selected a built-in skin, remove and add it again.
    • Added ADD > Symbolic Link option for network folders.
    • Added binary_mode option for FTP client.
    • Moved temp folder to /Android folder for Android 11.
    • Fixed extracting some type of Archives. (You need to update the Archive add-on.)
    • Fixed an issue with listing files in Mega.co.nz.
    • Fixed restoring .mib files.
    • Fixed executing with the built-in BusyBox.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11 and some other bugs.

v6.49.6_B21010710
    • Updated pCloud.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.49.5_B21010210
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Many tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.49.4_B20122510
    • Updated Mail.ru cloud.
    • Some other tiny fixes and optimizations.

v6.49.3_B20080720

v6.49.1_B20080510
    • Added XAPK installation support.
    • Added VIEW > Options > Change view mode globally.
    • Added 'Activities' section in the settings page to enable/disable activities.
    • Added Toolbar > VIEW > Options > Reset zoom on view change.
    • Added navigation back button option in the Settings > More settings.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.48.1_B20071810
    • Fixed executing shell scripts as an unprivileged user.
    • Optimized the streaming performance in EncFs volume.

v6.48.0_B20071610
    • Added a basic XLSX reader.
    • Optimized Main Menu > Tools > Duplicates. It's faster and uses less memory.
    • Enabled Cleartext HTTP traffic for WebDav.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Open your exported settings file > Add "delete_without_asking": true, after "pref": { "main": { > Save > Tap on it and import. It won't show the delete prompt.
    • The bookmarks drawer > APP lists apps by their folders by default. Tap on 'SORT' button in the toolbar > Options > Uncheck 'By parents'.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.47.2_B20062830
    • Target API Level changed to 30. You won't have access to '/Android/data' and '/Android/obb' in Android 11 (R).
    • Added TGS animated sticker support.
    • Added reading raw text from DOCX and save as DOCX in Code editor.
    • Improved Content viewer (HTML viewer) and added basic DOCX support.
    • Long press on Delete button to send files to the recycle bin, if 'Undo' is enabled from the settings.
    • Added 'Extract to...' to extract files directly from the other apps. You can disable 'Open Archive' from the settings and use it as 'Extract here'.
    • Fixed an issue with some NTFS partitions in the previous build.
    • If you've selected the built-in Dark skin. Remove and select it again to update it.
    • Improved SFTP Client performance.
    • Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore.

v6.46.3_B20060910
    • Create a folder and add symbolic links with any target and long-press on tab > 'Set as home'.
    • And some fixes.

v6.46.2_B20060830
    • Added an experimental Home page. 'Reset Defaults' from the menu in the bookmarks drawer. If you don't need it, delete '/data/data/com.mixplorer[.beta|.silver]/home' directory.
    • Added an option to set your favorite skin as the Night Mode skin. Tap on the Pencil icon in the skins dialog > Enable 'Nigh mode'. If your system is dark, the dark skin will be selected automatically. You need to select the 'Default' skin again, if you don't want it.
    • Removed Delete confirm dialog if 'Undo' is enabled and moving to recycle bin is supported for the storage.
    • Added 'Playlist' in the Player menu.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.
    • Fixed some bugs in the previous builds.

v6.45.3_B20060410
    • Added GPG-encrypted text viewer and editor.
    • These characters , @| will be allowed in 'Custom Datetime Format' in the settings.
    • Fixed Notification progress issue.
    • Fixed an issue with importing large settings.
    • Updated pCloud client ID.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.

v6.44.1_B20043010
    • Added 'Auto Hide Controls' in built-in player.
    • Some bug fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.44.0_B20030810
    • Added Auto Remount option in the settings and an option 'Remount as RO/RW' in the main menu.
    • Added '%TT' to add Title tag and '%TN' to add Track number to media filenames, in Rename dialog.
    • Added '%A' for Auto Increment Number, in Rename dialog.
    • Some tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.43.1_B20020410

v6.43.0_B20020320
    • Optimized deleting folders on Sd Card. If there is an error, let me know.
    • Fixed reusing TLS session key for FTP client in Android Pie+.
    • Added an option to create home screen shortcut for an AutoTask.
    • Fixed the new uploading issue in Mail.Ru.
    • Added 2FA support for Mail.Ru.
    • Added 'Overwrite if it's not equal' in 'File Exists' dialog, if it's supported by storage.
    • Fixed 'Fullscreen' option in Image Viewer, Content Viewer and eBook Reader.
    • Fixed the new login issue in Mega.nz.
    • Added 'Type' option in the Search dialog.
    • And some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.42.3_B19121220
    • Improved FTP client performance and fixed reusing TLS session for data connections. If it's still not working on your system, let me know.
    • Added MiX Dark Grey Skin. If there are color issues, let me know.
    • Added 'Show Extensions' in Toolbar View > Options...
    • Added back 'Editable' option in Bookmarks bar menu > Options...
    • Fixed deleting folders on SD card for some devices.

v6.42.2_B19120820
    • Tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.42.1_B19120810
    • Added 'Show Hidden Globally' option in the main menu. You can enable it from the Setting > Buttons > Main menu.
    • Fixed some bugs in previous build.

v6.42.0_B19120720
    • Moved options related to Grid views from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'Show hidden globally' and 'Show hidden recursively' from 'Main bar > Menu > Show Hidden' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Added 'Drag and Drop' and 'Pinch to zoom' in 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'App Remnants' and 'Duplicates' to 'Main bar > Menu > Tools'.
    • Added 'Tap to execute' option in 'Setting > More settings', to start operation by single tap on Tasks button. Long press to show tasks.
    • Moved 'Fixed drawer in landscape' from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Added 'Reverse and pin the list from bottom' in 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Fixed MediaFire new upload issue.
    • Added 'HIGHLIGHT_VISITED_FOLDER' color option.
    • Added 'Fullscreen' option for EBook Reader and Html Viewer.

v6.41.3_B19111510
    • Some optimizations and fixes.

v6.41.2_B19111210
    • Fixed copy to clipboard and some other issues.

v6.41.1_B19111120
    • Added custom 'client_id' option in bookmark settings for Google and Microsoft Drives.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.41.0_B19111110
    • Improved 7z compression performance with LZMA, LZ5, ... methods.
    • Added Boot Completed Permission to reset auto tasks alarms.
    • Fixed saving Epub tags with cover and Mobi tags with no cover.
    • Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

v6.40.3_B19101620
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed FTP listing for 'ows_nt' system type.
    • Fixed 'Delete Source' issue in Archive dialog. Archive addon needs to be updated.
    • Added 'Delete Source' and 'Remember' in Extract dialog.
    • Some tiny changes and improvements.

v6.40.2_B19101610
    • Fixed text editing crash in previous build.

v6.40.1_B19101520
    • Changed Target SDK version to 29 for Android 10.
    • Fixed some UI issues.
    • Fixed Player crash in previous build.

v6.40.0_B19101310
    • Added custom font and LIGHT_STATUS_BAR options in Skin editor.
    • Improved CHM viewer.
    • Added 'Delete Source' option in Archive Dialog.
    • Fixed an issue with extracting RAR files.
    • Fixed wake up to execute auto task.
    • Added 'Go to' option in Ebook reader > Tap on Title bar.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.39.6_B19100710
    • Fixed long-press selection crash in previous build.

v6.39.5_B19100610
    • Fixed long-press on some action buttons to execute task for selected files immediately.
    • Fixed Mega.nz 2fa authentication.
    • Fixed Exif Datetime read/save.
    • Fixed listing wrong files/folders after MOVE operation on clouds.
    • Fixed reading certificate from v2 scheme signature.
    • Fixed copying a folder into EncFs container.

v6.39.4_B19092410
    • Fixed Google Team Drives bug.
    • Fixed wrong Week,Month interval for auto tasks.
    • Fixed an issue with IP scanner.
    • Removed Fast delete option. It does when it's possible.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.39.3_B19092210
    • Removed Amazon Drive.
    • Fixed moving/renaming in WebDav.
    Fixed wake up for auto tasks.
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed video thumbnail issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and crashes.

v6.39.2_B19071410
    • Fixed an issue with silent app installation.
    • Some other tiny fixes.

v6.39.1_B19070810
    • Added archive format (for local files) and password option in Auto Tasks dialog.
    • Added Remember last password in archive dialog.
    • Added THUMB_ROUNDED_CORNER option for skins.
    • Added Subtitle options and PIP (Oreo+) for built-in player.
    • Added Slide show options for image viewer.
    • Added Breadcrumb option in settings > More settings.
    • Added Cp850 to encoding list.
    • Improved Backblaze cloud to support keys for single bucket.
    • Removed 'Folder Size' and 'Detailed View' from the settings > More settings and added 'More details' in View modes popup.
    • Fixed some root issues.
    • Some other improvements and fixes.

v6.38.0_B19062410
    • Added Save option for entered regex in rename dialog.
    • Added Archive to... option to receive and archive the shared files.
    • Added editing EPub icon in tag editor.
    • Added Night mode option for Epub (It depends on EPub design).
    • Added 'Detailed view' option in Settings > More settings to enable extra info in detailed view mode for Lollipop+.
    • Fixed to start tasks from background in Oreo/Pie.
    • Fixed and improved reading MIME formats with Html Viewer.
    • Updated VLC addon.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.37.0_B19061310
    • Added 'DELETE' option for Auto Tasks.
    • Added a Dark skin.
    • Fixed opening network files with Code editor.
    • Added some tiny features for Lollipop+ and some other fixes.

v6.36.6_B19060520
    • Fixed an issue with opening shortcuts from home screen.

v6.36.5_B19060510
    • Updated Mediafire cloud.
    • Fixed freezing when creating thumbnails in previous build.

v6.36.4_B19053110
    • Some tiny changes and optimizations for Android TV.

v6.36.3_B19053010
    • Fixed an issue with creating zip file.

v6.36.2_B19052610
    • Fixed opening password protected PDF. (Update Addon)
    • Fixed random crash on exit.
    • Fixed setting write permission in Android Q.
    • Improved Backblaze to save user key (encrypted) to update auth token later.
    • Fixed some Find/Replace issues in Code/Text Editor.
    • Changed FTP server timezone to UTC for some clients.
    • Fixed OneDrive external login.
    • Fixed FTP Server transfer timeout issue.
    • Optimized SFTP transfer speed.
    • Fixed some other tiny bugs.

v6.36.1_B19051810
    • Added 'Teams' folder for Google Drive.
    • Fixed and improved PDF reader. (Update MiX PDF)
    • Fixed some Metadata/Tags editing issues. (Update MiX Metadata)
    • Dropped supporting mips architecture.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.35.7_B19042110
    • Fixed editing EPUB metadata. (Update Metadata addon)

v6.35.6_B19042020
    • Fixed WebDav NTLM authentication.
    • Fixed reading filename from Zip extra field.
    • Fixed reading searched files for some clouds like DropBox.
    • Fixed some other bugs and some tiny improvements.

v6.35.5_B19041010

• Fixed generating video thumbnails for LAN.
    • Fixed opening Chrome extension .crx files.
    • Fixed FTP/SFTP Direct Write issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.
    Languages

See List of v6.x language add-ons
    If you want to help to translate to your language, send me an email to [email protected]
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone