- Sep 6, 2019
6.50.0 version, for exampleFirst time post here. Great app dev Hootan can see the immense amount of work that has gone into it - really appreciate the masterpiece you have created (and every tester who has assisted to get it here).
I am a long time user of EDS encryption software (coming from a root background where it was able to mount encrypted files for use by external apps). In recent years as root becomes less attractive I've been trying to get it to work reliably in a similar way to 'mount' by using the 'content provider' method it employs (forgive me if this is wrong terminology).
A handful of apps which use SAF can interact with an EDS 'opened' (not mounted) container.
So far, I've found 1) AA Image viewer (Read only, images ... very slow)
2) FX Explorer ('Connect to Storage feature' - read / write ok ... has problem deleting directories with files)
3) Synchroniser Ultimate (reads and writes perfectly!)
4) MiXplorer 6.53.5 (some issues)
Mixplorer Issues observed:
1) When using MiXplorer, it can connect to storage via 'Add Document Provider'.... but only sees the root folder files.
--> Attempting to browse subfolders shows no files :-(
2) As Nokono describes with USB sticks, once the EDS container is unmounted it sticks in the MiX Bookmarks menu, and you can't delete it. Only successful way is to reset MiX storage (maybe access - I didn't try that yet) - but that has its drawbacks as discussed above.
3) If remounting EDS, you need to reconnect it to MiX again and the old 'ghost' provider is still there (FX doesn't need this)
4) ... Likely related to 2) .. if accidentally clicking on one of the ghost bookmark document provider entries, it interacts with the EDS document driver, and sets ALL files to 0 length (!) on the open EDS container. I have lost data a few times this way ... luckily had backups.
Sorry for long post, I realise this is a niche use case as I searched the thread and didn't see anyone else attempting to use EDS with MiX, though I think at least part of the issues I'm experiencing could be similar to those affecting USB drives.
Also @Nokono, you mention an older version worked better in that case, could you please advise which one?, I will also test it with EDS.
Thanks in advance for any help
[EDIT] Forgot to say, using a TrueCrypt FAT32 container with EDS