• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.2+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

Search This thread

Boltezz

Sep 25, 2021
Hi
can you please add this activity to mixplorer 6.57.0

"android.intent.action.OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE"

i want to delete the default "DocumentsUI" and replace it with mixplorer

i did it and the app gave me this error :

Process: com.maxmpz.audioplayer
PID: 4765
UID: 10031
Flags: 0x3888be44
Package: com.maxmpz.audioplayer v588 (2.0.10-build-588-uni)
Foreground: Yes
Build: google/redfin/redfin:11/RQ3A.210805.001.A1/7474174:user/release-keys

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE (has extras) }
at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:2064)
at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1718)
at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:5210)
at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:5168)
at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.BaseActivity$1.run(":196)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7398)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:940)

and also my request if possible
Disable documentsui instead of deleting it ...may do the work...
Works for me btw

Reactions: J.Michael

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
The search is too slow (recursive search)at least in comparison with mt manager....i mean its too too slow...the overall package is really good...
Thank you dev for this wonderful all in one manager...
Please consider my problem...

Are you searching from root of device? If so please note that search from root no longer works at all in some cases. Even in the past when it did work it took a long time for good reason. This is not to say that there is no issue but without knowing what you are searching for and where, and without knowing details about the device such as the size of the drive and the root status among other things, a problem has not been clearly demonstrated yet.

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Disable documentsui instead of deleting it ...may do the work...
Works for me btw

What version of Android are you on ? In the past it was possible to remove it completely -- you can still do that now, but you'll lose OS functionality and run into errors in all kinds of applications. Can you assign storage permissions with it disabled, for instance ?

Like trying to replace Windows Explorer. Can't do that because it's a core part of the OS.

One of many 'improvements' made by Google in recent years. As I just wrote, I completely removed it myself as a matter of course in the past.

Reactions: pocketrule

Boltezz

Sep 25, 2021
What version of Android are you on ? In the past it was possible to remove it completely -- you can still do that now, but you'll lose OS functionality and run into errors in all kinds of applications. Can you assign storage permissions with it disabled, for instance ?

One of many 'improvements' made by Google in recent years. As I just wrote, I completely removed it myself as a matter of course in the past.
Sorry i forgot to mention that my device is rooted ....i disabled the documents sui package through adb(su)
I can still give storage access to apps..except for the data and obb folder..for obvious reasons

Last edited:
Reactions: pocketrule

Boltezz

Sep 25, 2021
Are you searching from root of device? If so please note that search from root no longer works at all in some cases. Even in the past when it did work it took a long time for good reason. This is not to say that there is no issue but without knowing what you are searching for and where, and without knowing details about the device such as the size of the drive and the root status among other things, a problem has not been clearly demonstrated yet.
Yeah i was searching from root...i was searching for a file...

But my issue is that it is also slow(too slow) in internal storage search compared to other file manager(mt manager in my case)..

The device i am using is realme 6 pro(rooted)..
Running realme ui2.0(Android 11)
6GBRam 128GB(Disk)

It successfully searches in the root for files...but takes a heck lot of time.....

This is a problem with mixplorer...as mt manager takes 1/5th(yeah 1/5th)the time taken by mixplorer on an average to give the same search results...

Came to the comparison conclusion after 5 test searches (2 from internal and 3 from root)

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

But my issue is that it is also slow(too slow) in internal storage search compared to other file manager(mt manager in my case)..

6GBRam 128GB(Disk)

It successfully searches in the root for files...but takes a heck lot of time.....

This is a problem with mixplorer...as mt manager takes 1/5th(yeah 1/5th)the time taken by mixplorer on an average to give the same search results...

Came to the comparison conclusion after 5 test searches (2 from internal and 3 from root)
There are multiple ways to search for files in Android. The slow and thorough way is to actually physically search the storage device; as MiX would be doing.

The other quick way is to use the results from a (the last) media scan. Using the media scan database / results could return files in seconds (or shorter), however, the results will miss some things or may be behind. Media scanner results are also limited to location that are scanned. Do a comparison of the results and speed in (unscanned) system folder between the two. Check speed and the actual results.

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Sorry i forgot to mention that my device is rooted ....i disabled the documents sui package through adb(su)
I can still give storage access to apps..except for the data and obb folder..for obvious reasons

I am rooted, have no Google frameworks or software, and even removed ( not disabled, removed ) NFC, Bluetooth, system WebView, etc. But the OS is not working properly if you remove its pseudo file manager / picker, and most applications that require it will fail. MiX or any other file manager can not supplant it -- You can set storage permissions with MiX ? How ?

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
I couldn't see this issue mentioned, but I'm having a glitch just recently with folder thumbnails in which random folders - instead of showing the normal folder icon with a small square thumbnail in the lower-right corner, it displays the thumbnail and then a enlarged glitched version of that image where the folder icon is supposed to be?

Sometimes the 'glitched' thumbnails are muddled-up between folders and start showing an image that is actually inside another folder. So it gets confusing. I tried clearing the thumbnail cache and reinstalling the entire app from scratch but it still comes back almost straight afterwards.

Nokia 8 TA-1012 running Android 9 Pie stock ROM.

Last edited:

Boltezz

Sep 25, 2021
There are multiple ways to search for files in Android. The slow and thorough way is to actually physically search the storage device; as MiX would be doing.

The other quick way is to use the results from a (the last) media scan. Using the media scan database / results could return files in seconds (or shorter), however, the results will miss some things or may be behind. Media scanner results are also limited to location that are scanned. Do a comparison of the results and speed in (unscanned) system folder between the two. Check speed and the actual results.
Well basically i fresh installed both(ensured they had nothing stored) and then performed the tests...
And mt manager discovered the same amount of files found by mixplorer(in the root searches)
Well i am pretty mt manger does physically search the storage...it takes time but it is a alot faster than mixplorer..

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Michael

Boltezz

Sep 25, 2021
I am rooted, have no Google frameworks or software, and even removed ( not disabled, removed ) NFC, Bluetooth, system WebView, etc. But the OS is not working properly if you remove its pseudo file manager / picker, and most applications that require it will fail. MiX or any other file manager can not supplant it -- You can set storage permissions with MiX ? How ?
Well you removed all g services...i just disabled documentsui ...i didn't delete a single file....
And i granted the storage access through app info...it works for me...and if an app requires some file...instead of failing to open it(due to documentsui being disabled) i get a pop up asking for which app should i choose to open/select the respective file...

Boltezz

Sep 25, 2021

Well i am pretty mt manger does physically search the storage...it takes time but it is a alot faster than mixplorer
I couldn't see this issue mentioned, but I'm having a glitch just recently with folder thumbnails in which random folders - instead of showing the normal folder icon with a small square thumbnail in the lower-right corner, it displays the thumbnail and then a enlarged glitched version of that image where the folder icon is supposed to be?

Sometimes the 'glitched' thumbnails are muddled-up between folders and start showing an image that is actually inside another folder. So it gets confusing. I tried clearing the thumbnail cache and reinstalling the entire app from scratch but it still comes back almost straight afterwards.

Nokia 8 TA-1012 running Android 9 Pie stock ROM.
Never faced this issue ..till now

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Well you removed all g services...i just disabled documentsui ...i didn't delete a single file....
And i granted the storage access through app info...it works for me...and if an app requires some file...instead of failing to open it(due to documentsui being disabled) i get a pop up asking for which app should i choose to open/select the respective file...

Google services have nothing to do with Android itself. What version of Android are you using, and is it an OEM modified one ?

Edit : Let's put it this way, the part of Android that allows you to select an application for something, same as the file picker, is its pseudo file manager. The only explanation I can see is that when you think you disable it, it is not really disabled at all. Unless there's some alternative OEM framework for this in your system. Or, it's an old Android version before Google got stupid and obsessed with permissions and storage limits.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Well basically i fresh installed both(ensured they had nothing stored) and then performed the tests...
And mt manager discovered the same amount of files found by mixplorer(in the root searches)
Well i am pretty mt manger does physically search the storage...it takes time but it is a alot faster than mixplorer..
Uninstalling the app, does not change what is stored in the mediadb. Media db is filled and controlled by the OS, not any file manager. Although they may provide methods to refresh the database.

When you say "much faster", what sort of time are you talking? Can you provide the path you tested with? If all the files are in the media db, then you havent really tested anything. Have you explicitly checked the media db? Have you tested a shell find on the path to compare?

NB I am not saying it is faster or not (I have never used "MT Explorer"), its just the practicality of searching folders.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

6GBRam 128GB(Disk)

That you were searching for "a file" is amusingly uninformative diagnostically (but I can understand the desire for privacy) and repeatedly stating that the search is slow is not necessary because no one is doubting you. This is not to doubt your report, in fact I've been interested in the performance of device/drive-wide searching for some time and I am looking for ways to replicate your testing on my devices. To that end, I'd be surprised if root searches find all possible results on SD cards but perhaps that is due to device/OS differences so comparisons between results from whole internal SD scans might be more informative.

I echo @DiamondJohn's curiously about exactly what is being searched for and where, the actual file type and name, how recently it was created or modified, and the specific path(s) of its location - to determine if it is an actual search or a pull from results of last media scan. One thing I'm particularly curious about is whether or not the specific items you are searching for are included or excluded from native media scan.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I’ve not simultaneously had an excuse and the time and the interest to get down to the real “Nitty Gritty” (any "Southern Culture on the Skids" fans?) for a test of file copy or search speeds so here we go, serving points made by several people about media scanning, multiple paths being searched, and Google’s general tyranny:

Moto G7 Power, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal SD, 128GB external SD, rooted (Magisk) stock Moto Android 10,

First pass at test:

- Create text file named testthis.txt in a folder on External SD and place some text in file (because files of zero size can yield odd results).

- Run “refresh media store” from folder above the location of the file in directory tree of internal SD and allow it to complete.

- Manually confirm that at least one of the potential paths to the file from root are navigable to the file in MiX UI; /SDcard = internal

- Run a search from root for the filename without suffix (copied/pasted to make sure it was correct and in same case as actual file name) so; search for “contains” = testthis with “ignore .nosearch files” selected. I don’t think there are .nosearch flags in the paths but selected this just in case.

- The search did find the file but took a long time, 10-20 minutes and only one iteration of the file was found at /SD card/.

Second pass of test, expanding the test to include internal SD and more pre-test exploration of paths, and allowing more time for the media library to update itself.

- Copy the testfile to a folder on internal SD.

- “Refresh media store” from root of internal SD and allow it to complete.

- Navigate through some of the various paths from root to copies of the file in MiX UI.

/SDcard = internal
/storage/emulated/0/ = internal storage
/storage/self/primary/ = internal storage
/mnt/SD card = internal storage
/mnt/media_rw/[external SD label] = external SD
/storage/[external SD label] = external SD

- Run same search from root as described above.

- This search returned duplicate iterations of the file along some of paths described above and others. Here are the paths for which duplicated results were found

/SDcard
/Primary
/sbin/magisk/mirror/data/media/0
/sandisk SD card (external)
/mnt/runtime/write/emulated/0
/mnt/runtime/write/[External drive label]
/mnt/runtime/read/emulated/0
/mnt/runtime/read/[External drive label]
/mnt/runtime/full/emulated/0
/mnt/runtime/full/[External drive label]
/mnt/runtime/default/emulated/0
/mnt/runtime/ default/[External drive label]
/data/media/0

Some results were found within 2 minutes, others from 5-10 minutes, and some more after 10 minutes, and the last one was found at about 20 minutes; the entire search took 24 minutes. Considering the larger size of the drives on this device compared to the last device on which I tested this, the time of the search is consistent with the previous tests. I would guess that the differences in quantity of multiple instances of the files found between the 2 passes through the test have something to do with the act of copying the file leaving some trails (copies), and the media library finally catching up with the copies of the file but there are others here who can speak more knowledgeably to the reasons for that.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
@IronTechmonkey Admittedly, I did not digest every word of your post. But to be clear, if you are looking for a file that is scanned and in the media db., a search for the file using the media db would take a fraction of a second.

Oh, I don't doubt you about that as I'm familiar with your past references to the media library, which are also to the point you previously made in this discussion about the difference between a search for the actual item or a search for the item through the database. I was not actually trying to find anything, this test was for the sake of testing to see if I could do a search from root through the SD cards without directly looking at the media library database. In this case I'm metaphorically a monkey opening the Palm nut with a rock but I leave it up to you and others to figure out and explain how the Palm nut grew into its configuration.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any progress on this issue?
    Ummm... I guess you are new here. Going to try to be nice, 1.as per xda rules no posts about updates. 2. The Dev of MiX lives in a volatile country and sometimes goes away for quite some time. He has always returned safely (thankfully) and goes back and reads all posts and issues carefully. 3. Have patience, hopefully he will return soon and will be able to post new builds with fixes and new treats for all. 👍🐻
    I think I may have suggested this a while back but any chance for a Mixplorer checksum comparison feature/function in Mixplorer?
    This already works with single files. Open a file's properties, tap on "checksum", tap on any checksum, e.g. sha256, this will copy the hash to clipboard and you can compare it with a different file by opening properties once more, then checksum, long press on sha256. You will get a message if the hash fits or not.
    are mixplorer updates stopped from now on and app will be dead for updates or what is going on ??
    Try searching (as in XDA rule #1) this thread for "Updates" 😉
    are mixplorer updates stopped from now on and app will be dead for updates or what is going on ??
    See here- https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-85731891

6GBRam 128GB(Disk)

Downloads

The latest MiXplorer (API-26 & API-30) and BETA builds (API-30) are attached to this post.
    Get MiX Silver from Play Store (API-29) or Galaxy Store (API-30-arm64) to support the development of this project.
    Downloads from any other source are not recommended.

FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
    LOG How to report a bug
    If you're going to report a bug, first install the latest BETA, try to reproduce the error, then if it's still happening, write a post and explain the issue with the attached log file from the main menu > Send log. Thank you.

• Themes by @djdarkknight96
    • Themes by @TerrorFlatRider
    • Themes by Vladimir

• Windows Fluent Design theme by @marciozomb13
    • Material Design theme by @marciozomb13
    • Theme Corporate
    • Guillaume Skins Gallery
    • YandLiu Skins Gallery
    [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer (full-featured file manager)

Hello everyone!
    My name is Hootan. I work on XDA in my free time and this file explorer is my favorite Android project!

MiXplorer mix of explorers (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and full-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface.

This app has no ads, is and will always remain free.
    It supports Android 2.2+ (Froyo)
    I hope you enjoy it.

Features
    The best way indeed is to explore yourself. But here's a brief list of essential features:

• Easily themable with customization option which lets you select any color you like.
    • Sort, disable and enable all menu options and action buttons.
    • Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode and Drag and Drop between panels also supported.
    • Easily create Tasks to multitask Copy, Move, ... operations.
    • Different various View Modes and Sorting Options for each folder separately!
    • Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types already categorized.
    • Advanced search functions.
    • Custom USB OTG driver. FAT32 (R/W), exFat(R/W), NTFS (R).
    • Html viewer which supports MHT, Markdown, AXml, CHM, MAFF and ....
    • Export/Import all preferences and bookmarks and customized skins.
    • Packing/unpacking 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard.
    • Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR/RAR5, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, XAR and Z.
    • All your cloud storage needs accessible from one single app. Choose from 19 providers:
      Amazon CloudDrive, Mega.co.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, 4Shared, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, OneDrive Business, pCloud, SugarSync, VDisk.
      + clouds which support webdav like (Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe, ...).
    • Modifying zip files.
    • EPub, MobiPacket and PDF reader.
    • Root access for all advanced operations.
    • User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
    • EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
    • File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
    • FTP/HTTP Server built in + TCP server to receive files from other devices using MiX (Send-to option).
    • Built-in Image Viewer (it supports GIF, SVG, TGA, ICO,...).
    • Built-in Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
    • Powerful Text Editor.
    • SAMBA, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV supported as well.
    • And many more awesome features for you to explore!

FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
    LOG How to report a bug
    If you're going to report a bug, first install the latest BETA, try to reproduce the error, then if it's still happening, write a post and explain the issue with the log file from the main menu > Send log. Thank you.

If you have any ideas, suggestions or you found a bug/mistake, feel free and let me know. :)
    Email: [email protected]

Screenshots
    Changelog

v6.57.0_B21070510:
    • Added SSL option for Servers again.
    • Added Explicit mode and content encryption support for FTP server.
    • Added Filter extensions for thumbnails. Long press on the address bar.
    • Added custom keystore and key manager in the servers settings page.
    • Added 'Archive files separately' option in the Archive dialog, if there are multiple files/folders.
    • Added starting FTP/HTTP servers without WIFI.
    • Added custom IP input in the servers settings page.
    • Added 'nameio/block32' filename encoding support for EncFs.
    • Added Multi-user support for the servers.
    • Removed TCP server. Use FTP/Share server.
    • Improved Send-To function and added Archive option.
    • Fixed an issue with some compressors. Archive add-on needs to be updated.
    • Fixed starting servers on boot.
    • Fixed an issue with searching files in the system directories.
    • Fixed selecting files from Viber and some other apps.
    • Fixed adjusting the new file size when editing MP3 tags.
    • Some other bug fixes and improvements.

v6.56.5_B21060520:
    • Fixed not removing the deleted folder from the list which is happening in the previous version.
    • Some optimizations for TV and added 'Column count' option for Grid/Gallery view modes for non touch screen devices.

v6.56.4_B21060210:
    • Removed WebDav server option. HTTP server will support WebDav commands.
    • Added Comment input in the file properties dialog.
    • Added Basic/Digest authentication option in HTTP server settings page.
    • Fixed some issues with SVG thumbnails.
    • Some other fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.56.3_B21052720:
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.56.2_B21052410:
    • Added 'Ignore .nosearch files' option in the Search dialog.
    • Improved WebDav server security and performance and added Digest authentication to support Windows explorer.
    • Fixed some minor bugs and missing options in Auto-task dialog.
    • Fixed encoding issue with some short filenames in the zip files.

v6.56.1_B21051580:
    • Improved WebDav server to work with more clients.

v6.56.0_B21051510:
    • Added WebDav server.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.55.4_B21051010:
    • Fixed some issues with Image viewer.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.55.2_B21050440:
    • Fixed WebDav Digest authentication error in recent versions.
    • Added 'auth_type' option in the Advanced settings for WebDav. You can enter basic, digest, ntlm.
    • Fixed auto folding bookmark sections on startup.

v6.55.1_B21050210:
    • Added space bar in bookmarks panel.
    • Added access to Home folder in the system file selection dialog on Android 11.
    • Added 'Swipe down to show/hide hidden files' in VIEW > Options.
    • Improved Mega.nz functions and added 'Sync' option in the main menu to update the cached data.
    • Optimized the speed of reading the archived files.
    • Optimized the download speed.
    • Added 'Remember Delete option' in the Setting > More settings, to remember the last choice in Delete dialog when Undo is enabled.
    • Disabled renaming folders, if EncFS volume has 'Filename IV chaining' option enabled.
    • Fixed a listing error with FTP client.
    • Improved to Move/Delete bookmarks with their section header if it's collapsed.
    • Some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.54.7_B21041720:
    • Fixed giving permission to access .../Android/data/ on Android 11 for some devices.
    • Fixed the problem with Html viewer in the previous build on older Android versions.

v6.54.6_B21041550:
    • Fixed Mail.ru login issue.
    • Fixed wrong View/Sort icons.

v6.54.5_B21041520:
    • Fixed infinite loading lists when a folder doesn't really exist.

v6.54.4_B21041410
    • Optimized for Desktop mode.
    • Fixed extracting POSIX Tar.
    • Fixed listing SMB shared folders from Mac OS. You don't need to set 'share_names' manually.
    • Fixed opening CBZ Comic books without ZIP headers.
    • Increased the thumbnails quality.
    • Deprecated the SMB add-on. Uninstall it.
    • Deprecated the Metadata add-on. Install the Tagger add-on instead.
    • Fixed the Mediafire login issue.
    • Fixed opening some kind of MHT files.
    • Fixed an issue with opening an EncFS folder on some clouds .
    • Some other tiny changes and fixes.

v6.54.2_B21040310
    • Added 'Folder media symbols' option in VIEW > Options...
    • Fixed SD card Write issue on Android 7.

v6.54.1_B21040210
    • Added space usage bar for the recursive search list.
    • Fixed some issues in the previous build.

v6.53.7_B21032810
    • Fixed the thumbnail quality issue.

v6.53.6_B21032720
    • Changed Target SDK to 30 and added 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' permission for Android 11.
    • Updated PDF and Codecs add-ons.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.53.5_B21031110
    • Some fixes and optimizations.

v6.53.4_B21031010
    • Added an option 'Data folder in root' in the Settings > More settings, which is enabled by default on Android 11.
    • Added 'Open in terminal' option in the main menu.

v6.53.3_B21030910
    • Moved MiX data folder to the root of internal storage on Android 11.

v6.53.2_B21030720
    • Added the last changed and accessed times to the Properties dialog, if it's supported.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.1_B21030620
    • Added 'Dot files first' option in Sort > Options.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.0_B21030510
    • Added 'Move contents up' option in the action menu.
    • Added 'Content URI' in the properties dialog.
    • Search recursively for Type: ALL and Size smaller than 1 Byte, to find empty folders and files with zero size.
    • Dot files will be at the end of the list if the list is sorted by Name or Type.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.52.4_B21030120
    • Many improvements, optimizations and fixes.
    • Changed Content provider address. You need to update your shortcuts like those saved in home screen.
    • If the Breadcrumb bar is enabled by default and you don't want it, you can disable it from the Settings > More settings.
    • Added 'Folder' type in Search dialog.
    • Fixed freezing when using custom themes.
    • Add .nothumbnail to a folder to disable thumbnails.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.51.6_B21020750
    • Fixed filtering category lists by name instead of path.
    • Added check for '.nomedia' file if the category list is sorted by the parent folders. If it ignores .nomedia when it's sorted by files or when you filter the list, it's your system issue and Android media-store needs to get updated. Long-press on the address bar > Refresh Android media-store.
    • Added notification and log for 'Refresh Android media-store' function.
    • If your connected device is not added to the bookmark list, tap on Add > Document provider and select it manually.
    • Fixed an issue with loading files.

v6.51.4_B21020450
    • Optimized listing and filtering file categories.

v6.51.3_B21020410
    • Optimized Home page.
    • Some tiny changes.

v6.51.2_B21020120
    • Fixed crashes in the previous build.

v6.51.1_B21013120

v6.51.0_B21012930
    • Added SMB3 support. You can set smb3=no to disable it. You need to update SMB add-on.
    • Many optimizations and fixes and tiny features.

v6.50.1_B21011710
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.50.0_B21011130
    • Added ADD > Dot File > .nopreview to prevent creating thumbnails.
    • Added 'Starred' folder in Drive Cloud.
    • Added 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB' & 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB_SELECTED' in Skin Editor. Skins need to get updated. If you've selected a built-in skin, remove and add it again.
    • Added ADD > Symbolic Link option for network folders.
    • Added binary_mode option for FTP client.
    • Moved temp folder to /Android folder for Android 11.
    • Fixed extracting some type of Archives. (You need to update the Archive add-on.)
    • Fixed an issue with listing files in Mega.co.nz.
    • Fixed restoring .mib files.
    • Fixed executing with the built-in BusyBox.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11 and some other bugs.

v6.49.6_B21010710
    • Updated pCloud.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.49.5_B21010210
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Many tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.49.4_B20122510
    • Updated Mail.ru cloud.
    • Some other tiny fixes and optimizations.

v6.49.3_B20080720

v6.49.1_B20080510
    • Added XAPK installation support.
    • Added VIEW > Options > Change view mode globally.
    • Added 'Activities' section in the settings page to enable/disable activities.
    • Added Toolbar > VIEW > Options > Reset zoom on view change.
    • Added navigation back button option in the Settings > More settings.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.48.1_B20071810
    • Fixed executing shell scripts as an unprivileged user.
    • Optimized the streaming performance in EncFs volume.

v6.48.0_B20071610
    • Added a basic XLSX reader.
    • Optimized Main Menu > Tools > Duplicates. It's faster and uses less memory.
    • Enabled Cleartext HTTP traffic for WebDav.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Open your exported settings file > Add "delete_without_asking": true, after "pref": { "main": { > Save > Tap on it and import. It won't show the delete prompt.
    • The bookmarks drawer > APP lists apps by their folders by default. Tap on 'SORT' button in the toolbar > Options > Uncheck 'By parents'.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.47.2_B20062830
    • Target API Level changed to 30.
    • Added TGS animated sticker support.
    • Added reading raw text from DOCX and save as DOCX in Code editor.
    • Improved Content viewer (HTML viewer) and added basic DOCX support.
    • Long press on Delete button to send files to the recycle bin, if 'Undo' is enabled from the settings.
    • Added 'Extract to...' to extract files directly from the other apps. You can disable 'Open Archive' from the settings and use it as 'Extract here'.
    • Fixed an issue with some NTFS partitions in the previous build.
    • If you've selected the built-in Dark skin. Remove and select it again to update it.
    • Improved SFTP Client performance.
    • Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore.

v6.46.3_B20060910
    • Create a folder and add symbolic links with any target and long-press on tab > 'Set as home'.
    • And some fixes.

v6.46.2_B20060830
    • Added an experimental Home page. 'Reset Defaults' from the menu in the bookmarks drawer. If you don't need it, delete '/data/data/com.mixplorer[.beta|.silver]/home' directory.
    • Added an option to set your favorite skin as the Night Mode skin. Tap on the Pencil icon in the skins dialog > Enable 'Nigh mode'. If your system is dark, the dark skin will be selected automatically. You need to select the 'Default' skin again, if you don't want it.
    • Removed Delete confirm dialog if 'Undo' is enabled and moving to recycle bin is supported for the storage.
    • Added 'Playlist' in the Player menu.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.
    • Fixed some bugs in the previous builds.

v6.45.3_B20060410
    • Added GPG-encrypted text viewer and editor.
    • These characters , @| will be allowed in 'Custom Datetime Format' in the settings.
    • Fixed Notification progress issue.
    • Fixed an issue with importing large settings.
    • Updated pCloud client ID.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.

v6.44.1_B20043010
    • Added 'Auto Hide Controls' in built-in player.
    • Some bug fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.44.0_B20030810
    • Added Auto Remount option in the settings and an option 'Remount as RO/RW' in the main menu.
    • Added '%TT' to add Title tag and '%TN' to add Track number to media filenames, in Rename dialog.
    • Added '%A' for Auto Increment Number, in Rename dialog.
    • Some tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.43.1_B20020410

v6.43.0_B20020320
    • Optimized deleting folders on Sd Card. If there is an error, let me know.
    • Fixed reusing TLS session key for FTP client in Android Pie+.
    • Added an option to create home screen shortcut for an AutoTask.
    • Fixed the new uploading issue in Mail.Ru.
    • Added 2FA support for Mail.Ru.
    • Added 'Overwrite if it's not equal' in 'File Exists' dialog, if it's supported by storage.
    • Fixed 'Fullscreen' option in Image Viewer, Content Viewer and eBook Reader.
    • Fixed the new login issue in Mega.nz.
    • Added 'Type' option in the Search dialog.
    • And some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.42.3_B19121220
    • Improved FTP client performance and fixed reusing TLS session for data connections. If it's still not working on your system, let me know.
    • Added MiX Dark Grey Skin. If there are color issues, let me know.
    • Added 'Show Extensions' in Toolbar View > Options...
    • Added back 'Editable' option in Bookmarks bar menu > Options...
    • Fixed deleting folders on SD card for some devices.

v6.42.2_B19120820
    • Tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.42.1_B19120810
    • Added 'Show Hidden Globally' option in the main menu. You can enable it from the Setting > Buttons > Main menu.
    • Fixed some bugs in previous build.

v6.42.0_B19120720
    • Moved options related to Grid views from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'Show hidden globally' and 'Show hidden recursively' from 'Main bar > Menu > Show Hidden' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Added 'Drag and Drop' and 'Pinch to zoom' in 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'App Remnants' and 'Duplicates' to 'Main bar > Menu > Tools'.
    • Added 'Tap to execute' option in 'Setting > More settings', to start operation by single tap on Tasks button. Long press to show tasks.
    • Moved 'Fixed drawer in landscape' from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Added 'Reverse and pin the list from bottom' in 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Fixed MediaFire new upload issue.
    • Added 'HIGHLIGHT_VISITED_FOLDER' color option.
    • Added 'Fullscreen' option for EBook Reader and Html Viewer.

v6.41.3_B19111510
    • Some optimizations and fixes.

v6.41.2_B19111210
    • Fixed copy to clipboard and some other issues.

v6.41.1_B19111120
    • Added custom 'client_id' option in bookmark settings for Google and Microsoft Drives.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.41.0_B19111110
    • Improved 7z compression performance with LZMA, LZ5, ... methods.
    • Added Boot Completed Permission to reset auto tasks alarms.
    • Fixed saving Epub tags with cover and Mobi tags with no cover.
    • Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

v6.40.3_B19101620
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed FTP listing for 'ows_nt' system type.
    • Fixed 'Delete Source' issue in Archive dialog. Archive addon needs to be updated.
    • Added 'Delete Source' and 'Remember' in Extract dialog.
    • Some tiny changes and improvements.

v6.40.2_B19101610
    • Fixed text editing crash in previous build.

v6.40.1_B19101520
    • Changed Target SDK version to 29 for Android 10.
    • Fixed some UI issues.
    • Fixed Player crash in previous build.

v6.40.0_B19101310
    • Added custom font and LIGHT_STATUS_BAR options in Skin editor.
    • Improved CHM viewer.
    • Added 'Delete Source' option in Archive Dialog.
    • Fixed an issue with extracting RAR files.
    • Fixed wake up to execute auto task.
    • Added 'Go to' option in Ebook reader > Tap on Title bar.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.39.6_B19100710
    • Fixed long-press selection crash in previous build.

v6.39.5_B19100610
    • Fixed long-press on some action buttons to execute task for selected files immediately.
    • Fixed Mega.nz 2fa authentication.
    • Fixed Exif Datetime read/save.
    • Fixed listing wrong files/folders after MOVE operation on clouds.
    • Fixed reading certificate from v2 scheme signature.
    • Fixed copying a folder into EncFs container.

v6.39.4_B19092410
    • Fixed Google Team Drives bug.
    • Fixed wrong Week,Month interval for auto tasks.
    • Fixed an issue with IP scanner.
    • Removed Fast delete option. It does when it's possible.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.39.3_B19092210
    • Removed Amazon Drive.
    • Fixed moving/renaming in WebDav.
    Fixed wake up for auto tasks.
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed video thumbnail issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and crashes.

v6.39.2_B19071410
    • Fixed an issue with silent app installation.
    • Some other tiny fixes.

v6.39.1_B19070810
    • Added archive format (for local files) and password option in Auto Tasks dialog.
    • Added Remember last password in archive dialog.
    • Added THUMB_ROUNDED_CORNER option for skins.
    • Added Subtitle options and PIP (Oreo+) for built-in player.
    • Added Slide show options for image viewer.
    • Added Breadcrumb option in settings > More settings.
    • Added Cp850 to encoding list.
    • Improved Backblaze cloud to support keys for single bucket.
    • Removed 'Folder Size' and 'Detailed View' from the settings > More settings and added 'More details' in View modes popup.
    • Fixed some root issues.
    • Some other improvements and fixes.

v6.38.0_B19062410
    • Added Save option for entered regex in rename dialog.
    • Added Archive to... option to receive and archive the shared files.
    • Added editing EPub icon in tag editor.
    • Added Night mode option for Epub (It depends on EPub design).
    • Added 'Detailed view' option in Settings > More settings to enable extra info in detailed view mode for Lollipop+.
    • Fixed to start tasks from background in Oreo/Pie.
    • Fixed and improved reading MIME formats with Html Viewer.
    • Updated VLC addon.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.37.0_B19061310
    • Added 'DELETE' option for Auto Tasks.
    • Added a Dark skin.
    • Fixed opening network files with Code editor.
    • Added some tiny features for Lollipop+ and some other fixes.

v6.36.6_B19060520
    • Fixed an issue with opening shortcuts from home screen.

v6.36.5_B19060510
    • Updated Mediafire cloud.
    • Fixed freezing when creating thumbnails in previous build.

v6.36.4_B19053110
    • Some tiny changes and optimizations for Android TV.

v6.36.3_B19053010
    • Fixed an issue with creating zip file.

v6.36.2_B19052610
    • Fixed opening password protected PDF. (Update Addon)
    • Fixed random crash on exit.
    • Fixed setting write permission in Android Q.
    • Improved Backblaze to save user key (encrypted) to update auth token later.
    • Fixed some Find/Replace issues in Code/Text Editor.
    • Changed FTP server timezone to UTC for some clients.
    • Fixed OneDrive external login.
    • Fixed FTP Server transfer timeout issue.
    • Optimized SFTP transfer speed.
    • Fixed some other tiny bugs.

v6.36.1_B19051810
    • Added 'Teams' folder for Google Drive.
    • Fixed and improved PDF reader. (Update MiX PDF)
    • Fixed some Metadata/Tags editing issues. (Update MiX Metadata)
    • Dropped supporting mips architecture.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.35.7_B19042110
    • Fixed editing EPUB metadata. (Update Metadata addon)

v6.35.6_B19042020
    • Fixed WebDav NTLM authentication.
    • Fixed reading filename from Zip extra field.
    • Fixed reading searched files for some clouds like DropBox.
    • Fixed some other bugs and some tiny improvements.

v6.35.5_B19041010

• Fixed generating video thumbnails for LAN.
    • Fixed opening Chrome extension .crx files.
    • Fixed FTP/SFTP Direct Write issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.
    Languages

See List of v6.x language add-ons
    If you want to help to translate to your language, send me an email to [email protected]