- Feb 12, 2013
If you've found a bug this suggestion wont fix it but might be diagnostically interesting.
- Get a file that does work as expected in the expected video player.
- Determine which character set it uses.
- Open that file in MiX editor and check for same character set (to see if MiX detected and maintained it)
- Paste text into file and save.
- Confirm that expected charset was maintained.
If the file worked OK before saving then Maybe there is an issue with MiX (or an OS dependency) handling the character set.
This leaves me wondering in general, Is there a way to determine the character set of a text file without opening it in an editor?