[APP][2.2+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Yes I am rooted and the mixplorer has root privileges granted. With document provider there's no option to unlock the hidden directories because it's only accessing the internal storage.

The native file explorer which is used to select the document provider location often has a separate setting which simply enables it to show external SD (external within device, not OTG by USB). That may not be the answer to your issue but is worth a look and easy to check.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Is there a guide to setup the TLS/SSL encryption at HTTP/WebDav Server?
There was a default certificate under "certificate" button, is it safe to use? How do I restore it after changed the KeyStore parameters?

The FAQ does not specifically document this for the HTTP server but does provide similar materiel for FTP server which may be applicable. Please see the Servers post of the FAQ and in particular the Server Security settings post which describes some of the combinations of server settings and client settings and syntax of address prefixes. Not sure about restoring/resetting certificate after keystore change.

IIRC at one time several years ago such warnings occurred because someone else attempted to take advantage of MiXplorer's good name for a different product but since then those types of warnings should not occur and may not have specifically referenced "unverified developer". There are still the general security messages about installing unknown apps and general Play Store protection which may occur for any app. It is unclear which type of warning you received. You could clarify that by sharing a screenshot as long as doing so does not reveal private information. In any event if you got MiX through a valid Google account linked to the real Play Store or if you got it through this thread you have the official version of MiX which AFAIK has not run afoul of those restrictions.

[EDIT] Woops there was a screenshot. Can't be a valid version of mix, Imo.

It's baffling indeed. I've only ever downloaded the app apk through xda and the official thread. The Google Drive permissions as shown on my screen shot displays first time access as May of 2021, over a year ago. It was about 6 months ago or so that I decided to replace the apk from this thread to the Play Store version to facilitate app updates. These permissions for MiXplorer's Google Drive access were never revoked when I switched over from the standalone apk to the Play Store version.

I can absolutely assure you I never had any other version of the app, no magisk or modded variant as my phone has been on stock OEM originally A10 and upgraded to A11 late last year.

I'll go ahead and revoke this access to GDrive and reestablish the connection and hopefully it'll clear that unverified developer warning.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
...replace the apk from this thread to the Play Store version to facilitate app updates...

Replaced the apk? As in just the APK, without uninstalling and reinstalling? If that is the case, yeah, no don't do that. To clean that up Export settings, uninstall ALL iterations of MiX, reinstall, import settings.

It's baffling indeed. I've only ever downloaded the app apk through xda and the official thread. The Google Drive permissions as shown on my screen shot displays first time access as May of 2021, over a year ago. It was about 6 months ago or so that I decided to replace the apk from this thread to the Play Store version to facilitate app updates. These permissions for MiXplorer's Google Drive access were never revoked when I switched over from the standalone apk to the Play Store version.

I can absolutely assure you I never had any other version of the app, no magisk or modded variant as my phone has been on stock OEM originally A10 and upgraded to A11 late last year.

I'll go ahead and revoke this access to GDrive and reestablish the connection and hopefully it'll clear that unverified developer warning.

To be clear, I was not accusing you of doing anything intentionally nefarious although if you attempted to replace and APK between Playstore and XDA version you came close. That being said there may also be some conflation of different Google security aspects happening here. The screenshot to which I reacted was about the state of the app itself in relation to Google (perhaps identifying a bad combination of App version and APK) but your description in the quoted post above is about access to GDrive which would be carried with exported/imported bookmarks. Since the access to GDrive does not control Playstore identification of the app as valid I would suggest forgetting about that for now and getting a proper installation of MiX on that device as suggested above.

[EDIT] Of course also, hello to the Capybaras!

Last edited:

David_#27

Mar 11, 2017
The native file explorer which is used to select the document provider location often has a separate setting which simply enables it to show external SD (external within device, not OTG by USB). That may not be the answer to your issue but is worth a look and easy to check.
If you are referring to a micro SD card, as an external storage, then no, that's not what I need. I need access to all root directories and not some of them. If, although, referring to external SD you bring me closer to the solution, then I couldn't find anything on how to enable it on the native AOSP file explorer, because external SD means MicroSD I suppose. I googled it and that's what I get.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
If you are referring to a micro SD card, as an external storage, then no, that's not what I need. I need access to all root directories and not some of them. If, although, referring to external SD you bring me closer to the solution, then I couldn't find anything on how to enable it on the native AOSP file explorer, because external SD means MicroSD I suppose. I googled it and that's what I get.

Thanks for the clarification. I had misread your initial post which described /data/adb and /data/local and I mistakenly thought you had referred to /Android/data (and /Android/media and/Android/obb) on internal and external SD card. It is in that context (/Android/data or media or obb) which my suggestion would have been applicable, and to your point there is no way to grant such document provider access at that level (something I’ve been wrestling with in Tasker) nor should there be any need to do so AFAIK. Different ROM variants can have different levels of restriction but with proper root on device and root enabled in MiX you should be able to see those directories in /data/…..

- Confirm that MiX has requisite permissions including the basic write to storage permission (which would usually be requested upon first run after installation of MiX)

- Check for multiple version of MiX (beta, XDA and Playstore can run side by side)

- As odd as this sounds, add document providers to those directories within /data on internal and external SD. That almost certainly is not the cause of your issue but MiX requires access to those location for a bunch of stuff so it could not hurt to check that.

As to the root issue (technologically and figuratively) it might be time for a log captured with MiX internal logging.

Last edited:

David_#27

Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. I had misread your initial post which described /data/adb and /data/local and I mistakenly thought you had referred to /Android/data (and /Android/media and/Android/obb) on internal and external SD card. It is only in that context (/Android/data or media or obb) which my suggestion would have been applicable, and to your point there is no way to grant such document provider access at that level (something I’ve been westliing with in Tasker).

Different ROM variants can have different levels of restriction but with proper root on device and Root enabled in MiX you should be able to see those directories in /data/…..

- Confirm that MiX has requisite permissions including the basic write to storage permission (which would usually be requested upon first run after installation of MiX)

- As odd as this sounds, add document providers to those directories within /data on internal and external SD. That almost certainly is not the cause of your issue but MiX requires access to those location for a bunch of stuff and often asks shortly after instillation when some process requires it so it could not hurt to check that.

As to the root issue (technologically and figuratively) it might be time for e log captured with MiX internal logging.
Thank you very much I think that I agree with your statement that it's on the side of which custom ROM I'm using to permit or not these directories. Because I'm still on OxygenOS 12, stock ROM, I think they've overdone it with security and it seems a bit weird because I can access it directly through androidsu terminal.
As far as permissions are concerned, I have granted every permission there is for the app to work properly... No worries for that.
It's okay though, I'll try switching to a custom rom and see if the problem insists.
Thank you for your time! I will report back once I have the a mixplorer experience with a custom ROM.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I have a feature request, @HootanParsa. If this is not the correct place to post it, my apologies.

I have used MiXplorer for a number of years (thank you; it is awesome!). I am currently using it with a Samsung Galaxy S21, SM-G991U1 (Snapdragon). The phone is stock (i.e., no TWRP; no root).

Recently, I have been using Microsoft "Phone Link" (Windows 11 22H2) to connect my workstation with my phone. It works amazingly well. I need to be able to transfer files to/from the phone, via Phone Link. I can drag and drop files using the native Samsung app, My Files. I would prefer to use MiXplorer but, when I try, I receive a message that the feature isn't supported.

I therefore respectfully request the addition of drag/drop compatibility with Phone Link.

Thank you.

Are you referring to only the ability to drag-drop, IE you can copy files by using menu but not by drag drop, or are you referring to copying or moving file in general? The former would indeed by a request for developer as you framed it but if you are referring to copying and managing files in general there may be ways to do that, EG SMB share on PC.

Droiderat

Are you referring to only the ability to drag-drop, IE you can copy files by using menu but not by drag drop, or are you referring to copying or moving file in general? The former would indeed by a request for developer as you framed it but if you are referring to copying and managing files in general there may be ways to do that, EG SMB share on PC.

MiXplorer is quasi-nonfunctional in Windows Phone Link. I can use it to navigate through the directory structure, and I can use it to open files such as jpg and pdf. I cannot, however, use it in Phone Link to transfer files; via drag and drop or otherwise. This includes transfers entirely within the phone, or to/from my Windows workstation and the phone.

I have multiple ways to transfer files to/from my phone. It would be nice if MiXplorer supported such transfers, but it doesn't appear to.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
MiXplorer is quasi-nonfunctional in Windows Phone Link. I can use it to navigate through the directory structure, and I can use it to open files such as jpg and pdf. I cannot, however, use it in Phone Link to transfer files; via drag and drop or otherwise. This includes transfers entirely within the phone, or to/from my Windows workstation and the phone.

I have multiple ways to transfer files to/from my phone. It would be nice if MiXplorer supported such transfers, but it doesn't appear to.

I'm surprised you can use any third party app to browse directly through the Windows phone connection, but if Windows is using common protocols under a proprietary interface they may have left some functionality. Depending on whether that message about not being supported speaks to the Windows side or the Android side maybe the developer can do something about it.

Droiderat

I'm surprised you can use any third party app to browse directly through the Windows phone connection, but if Windows is using common protocols under a proprietary interface they may have left some functionality. Depending on whether that message about not being supported speaks to the Windows side or the Android side maybe the developer can do something about it.

When I try to drag a file from Windows Explorer to MiXplorer (which is open via Phone link), Windows provides the notification "Phone Link - MiX doesn't support file transfer from PC to the mobile app."

When I do the same using the Samsung app, "My Files.", it works perfectly.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
When I try to drag a file from Windows Explorer to MiXplorer (which is open via Phone link), Windows provides the notification "Phone Link - MiX doesn't support file transfer from PC to the mobile app."

When I do the same using the Samsung app, "My Files.", it works perfectly.

Noting that I don't speak for the developer but I think this is an interesting request which I might be able to replicate on my gear, could you clarify the following? In the quoted post you say "drag from Windows Explorer to MiXplorer" but those are both file managers; you can't drag from one to the other so I assume you're using the phrases in at least one case to describe a resource (one of the devices) rather than.an app, which leaves it unclear about what OS/device and what app UI you are working within. You've provided enough information that the developer would know how to respond but if I could fill in some of those gaps I would know what to expect if I test it.

- On [specify:android OR windows] device open app [state name of app]..

- in [state name of app] the contents of the other device [specify:android OR windows] are made visible by these actions [describe actoins if any].

- With contents of both devices visible in [state name of app] on [specify:android OR windows], then file operations can be performed including by drag and drop.

Agsin, not necessarily relevant to your feature request but knowing those things might help me along. Thanks.

Droiderat

Noting that I don't speak for the developer but I think this is an interesting request which I might be able to replicate on my gear, could you clarify the following? In the quoted post you say "drag from Windows Explorer to MiXplorer" but those are both file managers; you can't drag from one to the other so I assume you're using the phrases in at least one case to describe a resource (one of the devices) rather than.an app, which leaves it unclear about what OS/device and what app UI you are working within. You've provided enough information that the developer would know how to respond but if I could fill in some of those gaps I would know what to expect if I test it.

- On [specify:android OR windows] device open app [state name of app]..

- in [state name of app] the contents of the other device [specify:android OR windows] are made visible by these actions [describe actoins if any].

- With contents of both devices visible in [state name of app] on [specify:android OR windows], then file operations can be performed including by drag and drop.

Agsin, not necessarily relevant to your feature request but knowing those things might help me along. Thanks.

Open Win 11 Windows Explorer; locate a file that you want to transfer to your phone.

Open Windows Phone Link, and connect your phone (in my case, a Galaxy S21, connected via Wifi). Set the phone aside, and use Phone Link to control the phone. Use Phone Link to open MiXplorer and navigate to the folder where you want to deposit the file.

Now, bring Windows Explorer into focus. Left mouse on a file you want to transfer to the phone, and drag the file to the Phone Link icon on the taskbar. When Phone Link has focus, drop the file onto MiXplorer (which you have already opened), whereupon you will receive the message that MiX doesn't support file transfer from PC to phone.

Repeat all of the above, substituting Samsung "My Files" for MiXplorer. Everything works perfectly, and it doesn't matter whether the file is going from workstation to phone or phone to workstation.

Is that clear?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

Open Win 11 Windows Explorer; locate a file that you want to transfer to your phone.

Open Windows Phone Link, and connect your phone (in my case, a Galaxy S21, connected via Wifi). Set the phone aside, and use Phone Link to control the phone. Use Phone Link to open MiXplorer and navigate to the folder where you want to deposit the file.

Now, bring Windows Explorer into focus. Left mouse on a file you want to transfer to the phone, and drag the file to the Phone Link icon on the taskbar. When Phone Link has focus, drop the file onto MiXplorer (which you have already opened), whereupon you will receive the message that MiX doesn't support file transfer from PC to phone.

Repeat all of the above, substituting Samsung "My Files" for MiXplorer. Everything works perfectly, and it doesn't matter whether the file is going from workstation to phone or phone to workstation.

Is that clear?

Yep I've got it now...probably :D...and Wow! That's not just a drag and drop between 2 file management windows of the same app (on either device) but seems to be drag and drop onto a remote control interface in which other software (Samsung/MiXplorer) is maximized with hand-off to that software. That the Windows OS can handle native Windows Explorer windows and Phone Link windows as equals regarding drag and drop file copy is no surprise but that Microsoft is identifying the maximized file manager is interesting. I'm now even more curious to see if Microsoft identifies the default file manager on my Moto devices. Thank you very much for the description.

Thebear j koss

Is that clear?
Windows phone link app connects to your computer like it would with a USB cable, so it reads the internal storage. It doesn't connect via a 3rd party app like MiXplorer as it is already a 3rd party app itself. Just like if you tried to reverse it using the phone link app and taking a file from your phone and moving it to your PC but you have Linux installed instead of windows. The phone link app won't work.

Droiderat

Yep I've got it now...probably :D...and Wow! That's not just a drag and drop between 2 file management windows of the same app (on either device) but seems to be drag and drop onto a remote control interface in which other software (Samsung/MiXplorer) is maximized with hand-off to that software. That the Windows OS can handle native Windows Explorer windows and Phone Link windows as equals regarding drag and drop file copy is no surprise but that Microsoft is identifying the maximized file manager is interesting. I'm now even more curious to see if Microsoft identifies the default file manager on my Moto devices. Thank you very much for the description.

Windows phone link app connects to your computer like it would with a USB cable, so it reads the internal storage. It doesn't connect via a 3rd party app like MiXplorer as it is already a 3rd party app itself. Just like if you tried to reverse it using the phone link app and taking a file from your phone and moving it to your PC but you have Linux installed instead of windows. The phone link app won't work.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.

Windows Phone link runs Windows Subsystem for Android in a virtual machine, I believe (it won't run without CPU virtualization enabled). But the mechanics are not particularly important. So long as the phone is connected via Wifi, I can control the phone via my Windows workstation the same as though I was holding it; I can make and receive calls and SMS, run apps, change settings, do anything. And the phone notifications (and calls) all pass through to the Windows-hosted virtual machine.

And what I also need to do is transfer files back and forth. I can do that with the default Samsung "My Files" app, but I can't do it with MiXplorer; I have a solution, I just don't have a MiXplorer solution. I'm hoping that @HootanParsa can enhance the app to allow that. :)

Thebear j koss

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.

Windows Phone link runs Windows Subsystem for Android in a virtual machine, I believe (it won't run without CPU virtualization enabled). But the mechanics are not particularly important. So long as the phone is connected via Wifi, I can control the phone via my Windows workstation the same as though I was holding it; I can make and receive calls and SMS, run apps, change settings, do anything. And the phone notifications (and calls) all pass through to the Windows-hosted virtual machine.

And what I also need to do is transfer files back and forth. I can do that with the default Samsung "My Files" app, but I can't do it with MiXplorer; I have a solution, I just don't have a MiXplorer solution. I'm hoping that @HootanParsa can enhance the app to allow that. :)
That's the point. You are using a 3rd party app to try and control another 3rd party app. There is no need to use MiXplorer, it does it with the system app. The phone link app will let you read your phone just like if your phone was plugged in via USB to transfer files. Same thing, MiXplorer wouldn't be used if your phone was plugged into your computer. There is no reason for it

Droiderat

That's the point. You are using a 3rd party app to try and control another 3rd party app. There is no need to use MiXplorer, it does it with the system app. The phone link app will let you read your phone just like if your phone was plugged in via USB to transfer files. Same thing, MiXplorer wouldn't be used if your phone was plugged into your computer. There is no reason for it
I think you are missing the point.

The Samsung app I am using (My Files) is simply a file explorer, just like MiXplorer. Both are Android apps. And it isn't very robust. In fact, the only advantage it appears to have over MiXplorer is the ability to facilitate file transfer via Phone Link. In all other ways, it is inferior, which is why I use MiXplorer. And, but for that one feature, I would uninstall it (as I have many of the Samsung apps), freeze it or ignore it, and rely entirely upon MiXplorer. I would prefer to use a single file explorer.

I have no idea how difficult it is to implement the drag and drop feature for MiXplorer, but there is a definite value-add for me to have it.

Reactions: pocketrule

Thebear j koss

I think you are missing the point.

The Samsung app I am using (My Files) is simply a file explorer, just like MiXplorer. Both are Android apps. And it isn't very robust. In fact, the only advantage it appears to have over MiXplorer is the ability to facilitate file transfer via Phone Link. In all other ways, it is inferior, which is why I use MiXplorer. And, but for that one feature, I would uninstall it (as I have many of the Samsung apps), freeze it or ignore it, and rely entirely upon MiXplorer. I would prefer to use a single file explorer.

I have no idea how difficult it is to implement the drag and drop feature for MiXplorer, but there is a definite value-add for me to have it.
But you don't need either app to do what you are doing. I use the windows phone link app to transfer files to and from my pixel and I don't use or need any other app. From what I am understanding you are using Samsung files on a Samsung device which is the equivalent as documents provider on pixels or Google files, that is what is used and cannot be frozen, replaced, deleted, uninstalled, as it controls the file structure on your device. You want to replace the native file manager with MiX which cannot be done

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While I don't want to undermine the importance of privacy issues, which are indisputably overlooked, they do go a bit beyond the scope of this thread. I realize that there are over 2000 pages worth of discussion now, and not everything will be razor-sharp to-the-point, but for the sake of keeping things as clean as can be reasonably expected, the time is now to wrap up that aspect of the discussion. Alternatively, you are more than welcome to continue it in a new thread to your hearts' content.

Thank you for helping keep the board clean.
    Hello and good afternoon, @MPK99

This is a development thread, and actually open-sourcing of MiXplorer has already been discussed here. The developer has chosen not to open source his project, and @HootanParsa doesn't owe anybody of us an explanation or justification for his decision. Nobody forces you to use MiXplorer or any other close source application or development.
    You've meanwhile hijacked this thread with multiple posts that have nothing to do with development. If you had at least posted in the Q&A thread to question the close source condition.

Less than 24 hours ago, my esteemed teammate @Bill720 requested very politely, maybe too politely, that this thread should stay on topic but obviously his message didn't receive everybody yet. For this reason again and probably more clearly: @MPK99, please immediately refrain from your off-topic posts in this thread. And @Thebear j koss and all others, do not respond to such post as you're just triggering that this development threads deviates from its original purposes.

Please read my message now as a friendly warning, and if you have a question regarding this announcement do not reply to this post but contact me (or any other moderator of your desire and trust by PM addressing your concerns. Prior to such a contact, it might be useful to review the XDA Forum Rules.

Thanks very much for listening, your understandig and your cooperation.
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

CC: @Badger50
    Okay. I was the one who started this topic btw. Not gonna ask about it again.
    I've learned that it's pointless to discuss about code rather than the application usage itself.

Also, a last note for everyone (whoever ask about source code in the future)...
    Don't discuss about it, if you don't wanna be targetted by forum moderators. Use xda's search engine to read whoever asked before (even if you don't find the answer).
    @Oswald Boelcke Thank you for the kind warning. Will refrain from this topic/thread.
    I didn't targetted you and never will. All my actions are based on the rules of this private website, to which you agreed to adhere when you registered five years ago.
    And I'm not wondering that you didn't listen to @Bill720 as you also didn't listen to me when I politely asked you not to reply to my post but to contact me privately if required.
    However, I leave your above post in this thread as you might have been forced to post for reasons I just can assume. However, any further violation of the rules (and we call failure to follow moderator instructions disrespect) might lead to other consequences. I'm convinced other users of XDA and visitors of this thread can set your PSA into the right context.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    And are you that important that you feel that someone who creates an app that has millions of users is adding in nefarious code to steal your data? Nobody cares how much porn you watch. And apktool will most definitely show if there is anything in the code that affects your data. It isn't just for modding and cracking apps. It is a tool provided by Google in Android studio.

I would care less if someone knew I'm watching porn. It's the registered online cloud storage keys that users access through the app, is what's most important. And yep. The chance of stealing is greater, as the project code is hidden (not saying that hootan does, but there's a chance, as the app has the Internet access).

While I don't want to undermine the importance of privacy issues, which are indisputably overlooked, they do go a bit beyond the scope of this thread. I realize that there are over 2000 pages worth of discussion now, and not everything will be razor-sharp to-the-point, but for the sake of keeping things as clean as can be reasonably expected, the time is now to wrap up that aspect of the discussion. Alternatively, you are more than welcome to continue it in a new thread to your hearts' content.

Thank you for helping keep the board clean.
    ...snip...
    It's a schrodinger's cat situation, where you believe that the cat is alive as long as you don't open the box. As soon as you open the box, there's a very high possibility that it's dead already.
    ...snip...
    The concept that makes schrodinger's cat so famous is that the cat is considered both {dead} and alive at the same time, and its only the observation that determines the final outcome. Hence, quantum mechanics freaked out even Einstein.
    Bug found!
    The screenshot is attached!

What bug? This is not to say there could not be a bug but all you have shared is an image of a settings toggle which by itself does not speak to any issue.

To understand how the undo feature functions see this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157347

If it is not behaving as described then you would want to share the details what you are doing and how it is not working as you feel it should, by listing the the specific actions taken and their effect. This post from the FAQ outlines the type of details that are helpful (and explains how to capture a log if it a real bug but you are not up to that point yet). https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157367

To reiterate, this is not to doubt that you have encountered an issue but it may be a simple matter of usage or settings, or a may be a glitch. Getting to the answer or a fix does require more details. This is why I separated out the stuff about the image maker from your actual report. ;)
    Downloads

The latest MiXplorer (com.mixplorer API-29 & API-30)
    and BETA builds
    (com.mixplorer.beta)
    are attached to this post.

Get MiX Silver

from Play Store (com.mixplorer.silver)
    or Galaxy Store (com.mixplorer.silver ARM64)
    to support the development of this project.

Downloads from any other source are not recommended.

FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
    LOG How to report a bug
    If you're going to report a bug, first install the latest BETA, try to reproduce the error, then if it's still happening, write a post and explain the issue with the attached log file from the main menu > Send log. Thank you.

• Themes by @djdarkknight96
    • Themes by @TerrorFlatRider
    • Themes by Vladimir

• Windows Fluent Design theme by @marciozomb13
    • Material Design theme by @marciozomb13
    • Theme Corporate
    • Guillaume Skins Gallery
    • YandLiu Skins Gallery
    [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer (full-featured file manager)

Hello everyone!
    My name is Hootan. I work on XDA in my free time and this file explorer is my favorite Android project!

MiXplorer mix of explorers (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and full-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface.

This app has no ads, is and will always remain free.
    It supports Android 2.2+ (Froyo)
    I hope you enjoy it.

Features
    The best way indeed is to explore yourself. But here's a brief list of essential features:

• Easily themable with customization option which lets you select any color you like.
    • Sort, disable and enable all menu options and action buttons.
    • Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode and Drag and Drop between panels also supported.
    • Easily create Tasks to multitask Copy, Move, ... operations.
    • Different various View Modes and Sorting Options for each folder separately!
    • Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types already categorized.
    • Advanced search functions.
    • Custom USB OTG driver. FAT32 (R/W), exFat(R/W), NTFS (R).
    • Html viewer which supports MHT, Markdown, AXml, CHM, MAFF and ....
    • Export/Import all preferences and bookmarks and customized skins.
    • Packing/unpacking 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard.
    • Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR/RAR5, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, XAR and Z.
    • All your cloud storage needs accessible from one single app. Choose from 19 providers:
      Amazon CloudDrive, Mega.co.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, 4Shared, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, OneDrive Business, pCloud, SugarSync, VDisk.
      + clouds which support webdav like (Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe, ...).
    • Modifying zip files.
    • EPub, MobiPacket and PDF reader.
    • Root access for all advanced operations.
    • User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
    • EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
    • File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
    • FTP/HTTP Server built in + TCP server to receive files from other devices using MiX (Send-to option).
    • Built-in Image Viewer (it supports GIF, SVG, TGA, ICO,...).
    • Built-in Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
    • Powerful Text Editor.
    • SAMBA, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV supported as well.
    • And many more awesome features for you to explore!

FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
    LOG How to report a bug
    If you're going to report a bug, first install the latest BETA, try to reproduce the error, then if it's still happening, write a post and explain the issue with the log file from the main menu > Send log. Thank you.

If you have any ideas, suggestions or you found a bug/mistake, feel free and let me know. :)
    Email: [email protected]

Screenshots
    Changelog

v6.58.5_B22090510:
    • Fixed accessing to /Android/data and /obb directories in Android 12+.
    • Fixed crashing while decoding some types of HEIC images.
    • Fixed crashing Code editor because of a bug in a system method used by GBoard app on Android 12+.
    • Fixed some issues in SQLite DB editor.
    • Changed to use the internal browser to login to DropBox by default.
    • Added ID3 version options for MP3 files in Tags editor dialog.
    • Added Metadata/Tags/Comment option in Search dialog.
    • Some other bug fixes and improvements.

v6.58.4_B22020920:
    • Fixed some issues in previous builds.

v6.58.1_B22020120:
    • Fixed group of issues was made during compiling the codes.

v6.58.0_B22013120:
    • Added SFTP and SMB1 servers. (experimental)
    • Added 'Reload' and 'Start at the end of text' menu options in Code/Text editors. And 'Tab with 4 spaces' for Code editor.
    • Added AXML editor.
    • Added 'Don't show in recent activities' option in app selection dialog.
    • Added support for AVIF and multipage HEIC images.
    • Removed 'Root directory' from FTP server settings. It will be the same as the 'Working directory'. Added 'Force this directory'.
    • Moved Add > 'Document provider' to Add > 'Storage'.
    • Improved local IP scanner.
    • Fixed some issues with editing SQLite files.
    • If user is anonymous in FTP-Client, working directory will be read-only. Default user is Admin.
    • Many other fixes and improvements.

v6.57.6_B21121040:
    • Improved FTP/Share server performance and compatibility.
    • Many tiny improvements, optimizations and fixes.

v6.57.5_B21111410:
    • Added the list of current possible IPs for the server, in the Server settings.
    • Added sending the list of video files in the current folder to MX Player.

v6.57.4_B21111220:
    • Added settings to set the server port for SendTo feature.
    • Some tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.57.3_B21110910:
    • Fixed some issues with FTP(S-ES) server.
    • Fixed reading /data/data directory.
    • Fixed some other issues.

v6.57.2_B21110510:
    • Added SSL option for Servers again.
    • Added Explicit mode and content encryption support for FTP server.
    • Added Filter extensions for thumbnails. Long press on the address bar.
    • Added custom keystore and key manager in the servers settings page.
    • Added 'Archive files separately' option in the Archive dialog, if there are multiple files/folders.
    • Added starting FTP/HTTP servers without WIFI.
    • Added custom IP input in the servers settings page.
    • Added 'nameio/block32' filename encoding support for EncFs.
    • Added Multi-user support for the servers. Default user is Admin.
    • Removed TCP server. Use FTP/Share server.
    • Improved Send-To function and added Archive option.
    • Fixed an issue with some compressors. Archive add-on needs to be updated.
    • Fixed starting servers on boot.
    • Fixed an issue with searching files in the system directories.
    • Fixed selecting files from Viber and some other apps.
    • Fixed adjusting the new file size when editing MP3 tags.
    • Fixed an issue with updating the Android media store.
    • Fixed typing lags in Code Editor.
    • Fixed opening some type of files from Gmail app.
    • Fixed selecting files from some other apps.
    • Fixed uploading an empty file to OneDrive.
    • Fixed editing a text file in OneDrive with Code Editor directly.
    • Fixed opening user home directory for FTP server.
    • And some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.56.5_B21060520:
    • Fixed not removing the deleted folder from the list which is happening in the previous version.
    • Some optimizations for TV and added 'Column count' option for Grid/Gallery view modes for non touch screen devices.

v6.56.4_B21060210:
    • Removed WebDav server option. HTTP server will support WebDav commands.
    • Added Comment input in the file properties dialog.
    • Added Basic/Digest authentication option in HTTP server settings page.
    • Fixed some issues with SVG thumbnails.
    • Some other fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.56.3_B21052720:
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.56.2_B21052410:
    • Added 'Ignore .nosearch files' option in the Search dialog.
    • Improved WebDav server security and performance and added Digest authentication to support Windows explorer.
    • Fixed some minor bugs and missing options in Auto-task dialog.
    • Fixed encoding issue with some short filenames in the zip files.

v6.56.1_B21051580:
    • Improved WebDav server to work with more clients.

v6.56.0_B21051510:
    • Added WebDav server.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.55.4_B21051010:
    • Fixed some issues with Image viewer.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.55.2_B21050440:
    • Fixed WebDav Digest authentication error in recent versions.
    • Added 'auth_type' option in the Advanced settings for WebDav. You can enter basic, digest, ntlm.
    • Fixed auto folding bookmark sections on startup.

v6.55.1_B21050210:
    • Added space bar in bookmarks panel.
    • Added access to Home folder in the system file selection dialog on Android 11.
    • Added 'Swipe down to show/hide hidden files' in VIEW > Options.
    • Improved Mega.nz functions and added 'Sync' option in the main menu to update the cached data.
    • Optimized the speed of reading the archived files.
    • Optimized the download speed.
    • Added 'Remember Delete option' in the Setting > More settings, to remember the last choice in Delete dialog when Undo is enabled.
    • Disabled renaming folders, if EncFS volume has 'Filename IV chaining' option enabled.
    • Fixed a listing error with FTP client.
    • Improved to Move/Delete bookmarks with their section header if it's collapsed.
    • Some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.54.7_B21041720:
    • Fixed giving permission to access .../Android/data/ on Android 11 for some devices.
    • Fixed the problem with Html viewer in the previous build on older Android versions.

v6.54.6_B21041550:
    • Fixed Mail.ru login issue.
    • Fixed wrong View/Sort icons.

v6.54.5_B21041520:
    • Fixed infinite loading lists when a folder doesn't really exist.

v6.54.4_B21041410
    • Optimized for Desktop mode.
    • Fixed extracting POSIX Tar.
    • Fixed listing SMB shared folders from Mac OS. You don't need to set 'share_names' manually.
    • Fixed opening CBZ Comic books without ZIP headers.
    • Increased the thumbnails quality.
    • Deprecated the SMB add-on. Uninstall it.
    • Deprecated the Metadata add-on. Install the Tagger add-on instead.
    • Fixed the Mediafire login issue.
    • Fixed opening some kind of MHT files.
    • Fixed an issue with opening an EncFS folder on some clouds .
    • Some other tiny changes and fixes.

v6.54.2_B21040310
    • Added 'Folder media symbols' option in VIEW > Options...
    • Fixed SD card Write issue on Android 7.

v6.54.1_B21040210
    • Added space usage bar for the recursive search list.
    • Fixed some issues in the previous build.

v6.53.7_B21032810
    • Fixed the thumbnail quality issue.

v6.53.6_B21032720
    • Changed Target SDK to 30 and added 'MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE' permission for Android 11.
    • Updated PDF and Codecs add-ons.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.53.5_B21031110
    • Some fixes and optimizations.

v6.53.4_B21031010
    • Added an option 'Data folder in root' in the Settings > More settings, which is enabled by default on Android 11.
    • Added 'Open in terminal' option in the main menu.

v6.53.3_B21030910
    • Moved MiX data folder to the root of internal storage on Android 11.

v6.53.2_B21030720
    • Added the last changed and accessed times to the Properties dialog, if it's supported.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.1_B21030620
    • Added 'Dot files first' option in Sort > Options.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.53.0_B21030510
    • Added 'Move contents up' option in the action menu.
    • Added 'Content URI' in the properties dialog.
    • Search recursively for Type: ALL and Size smaller than 1 Byte, to find empty folders and files with zero size.
    • Dot files will be at the end of the list if the list is sorted by Name or Type.
    • Fixed some issues.

v6.52.4_B21030120
    • Many improvements, optimizations and fixes.
    • Changed Content provider address. You need to update your shortcuts like those saved in home screen.
    • If the Breadcrumb bar is enabled by default and you don't want it, you can disable it from the Settings > More settings.
    • Added 'Folder' type in Search dialog.
    • Fixed freezing when using custom themes.
    • Add .nothumbnail to a folder to disable thumbnails.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.51.6_B21020750
    • Fixed filtering category lists by name instead of path.
    • Added check for '.nomedia' file if the category list is sorted by the parent folders. If it ignores .nomedia when it's sorted by files or when you filter the list, it's your system issue and Android media-store needs to get updated. Long-press on the address bar > Refresh Android media-store.
    • Added notification and log for 'Refresh Android media-store' function.
    • If your connected device is not added to the bookmark list, tap on Add > Document provider and select it manually.
    • Fixed an issue with loading files.

v6.51.4_B21020450
    • Optimized listing and filtering file categories.

v6.51.3_B21020410
    • Optimized Home page.
    • Some tiny changes.

v6.51.2_B21020120
    • Fixed crashes in the previous build.

v6.51.1_B21013120

v6.51.0_B21012930
    • Added SMB3 support. You can set smb3=no to disable it. You need to update SMB add-on.
    • Many optimizations and fixes and tiny features.

v6.50.1_B21011710
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.50.0_B21011130
    • Added ADD > Dot File > .nopreview to prevent creating thumbnails.
    • Added 'Starred' folder in Drive Cloud.
    • Added 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB' & 'TEXT_BREADCRUMB_SELECTED' in Skin Editor. Skins need to get updated. If you've selected a built-in skin, remove and add it again.
    • Added ADD > Symbolic Link option for network folders.
    • Added binary_mode option for FTP client.
    • Moved temp folder to /Android folder for Android 11.
    • Fixed extracting some type of Archives. (You need to update the Archive add-on.)
    • Fixed an issue with listing files in Mega.co.nz.
    • Fixed restoring .mib files.
    • Fixed executing with the built-in BusyBox.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11 and some other bugs.

v6.49.6_B21010710
    • Updated pCloud.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.49.5_B21010210
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Many tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.49.4_B20122510
    • Updated Mail.ru cloud.
    • Some other tiny fixes and optimizations.

v6.49.3_B20080720

v6.49.1_B20080510
    • Added XAPK installation support.
    • Added VIEW > Options > Change view mode globally.
    • Added 'Activities' section in the settings page to enable/disable activities.
    • Added Toolbar > VIEW > Options > Reset zoom on view change.
    • Added navigation back button option in the Settings > More settings.
    • Fixed some bugs.

v6.48.1_B20071810
    • Fixed executing shell scripts as an unprivileged user.
    • Optimized the streaming performance in EncFs volume.

v6.48.0_B20071610
    • Added a basic XLSX reader.
    • Optimized Main Menu > Tools > Duplicates. It's faster and uses less memory.
    • Enabled Cleartext HTTP traffic for WebDav.
    • Fixed some issues on Android 11.
    • Open your exported settings file > Add "delete_without_asking": true, after "pref": { "main": { > Save > Tap on it and import. It won't show the delete prompt.
    • The bookmarks drawer > APP lists apps by their folders by default. Tap on 'SORT' button in the toolbar > Options > Uncheck 'By parents'.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.47.2_B20062830
    • Target API Level changed to 30.
    • Added TGS animated sticker support.
    • Added reading raw text from DOCX and save as DOCX in Code editor.
    • Improved Content viewer (HTML viewer) and added basic DOCX support.
    • Long press on Delete button to send files to the recycle bin, if 'Undo' is enabled from the settings.
    • Added 'Extract to...' to extract files directly from the other apps. You can disable 'Open Archive' from the settings and use it as 'Extract here'.
    • Fixed an issue with some NTFS partitions in the previous build.
    • If you've selected the built-in Dark skin. Remove and select it again to update it.
    • Improved SFTP Client performance.
    • Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore.

v6.46.3_B20060910
    • Create a folder and add symbolic links with any target and long-press on tab > 'Set as home'.
    • And some fixes.

v6.46.2_B20060830
    • Added an experimental Home page. 'Reset Defaults' from the menu in the bookmarks drawer. If you don't need it, delete '/data/data/com.mixplorer[.beta|.silver]/home' directory.
    • Added an option to set your favorite skin as the Night Mode skin. Tap on the Pencil icon in the skins dialog > Enable 'Nigh mode'. If your system is dark, the dark skin will be selected automatically. You need to select the 'Default' skin again, if you don't want it.
    • Removed Delete confirm dialog if 'Undo' is enabled and moving to recycle bin is supported for the storage.
    • Added 'Playlist' in the Player menu.
    • Some fixes and tiny improvements.
    • Fixed some bugs in the previous builds.

v6.45.3_B20060410
    • Added GPG-encrypted text viewer and editor.
    • These characters , @| will be allowed in 'Custom Datetime Format' in the settings.
    • Fixed Notification progress issue.
    • Fixed an issue with importing large settings.
    • Updated pCloud client ID.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.

v6.44.1_B20043010
    • Added 'Auto Hide Controls' in built-in player.
    • Some bug fixes and tiny improvements.

v6.44.0_B20030810
    • Added Auto Remount option in the settings and an option 'Remount as RO/RW' in the main menu.
    • Added '%TT' to add Title tag and '%TN' to add Track number to media filenames, in Rename dialog.
    • Added '%A' for Auto Increment Number, in Rename dialog.
    • Some tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.43.1_B20020410

v6.43.0_B20020320
    • Optimized deleting folders on Sd Card. If there is an error, let me know.
    • Fixed reusing TLS session key for FTP client in Android Pie+.
    • Added an option to create home screen shortcut for an AutoTask.
    • Fixed the new uploading issue in Mail.Ru.
    • Added 2FA support for Mail.Ru.
    • Added 'Overwrite if it's not equal' in 'File Exists' dialog, if it's supported by storage.
    • Fixed 'Fullscreen' option in Image Viewer, Content Viewer and eBook Reader.
    • Fixed the new login issue in Mega.nz.
    • Added 'Type' option in the Search dialog.
    • And some other tiny fixes and changes.

v6.42.3_B19121220
    • Improved FTP client performance and fixed reusing TLS session for data connections. If it's still not working on your system, let me know.
    • Added MiX Dark Grey Skin. If there are color issues, let me know.
    • Added 'Show Extensions' in Toolbar View > Options...
    • Added back 'Editable' option in Bookmarks bar menu > Options...
    • Fixed deleting folders on SD card for some devices.

v6.42.2_B19120820
    • Tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.42.1_B19120810
    • Added 'Show Hidden Globally' option in the main menu. You can enable it from the Setting > Buttons > Main menu.
    • Fixed some bugs in previous build.

v6.42.0_B19120720
    • Moved options related to Grid views from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'Show hidden globally' and 'Show hidden recursively' from 'Main bar > Menu > Show Hidden' to 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Added 'Drag and Drop' and 'Pinch to zoom' in 'Toolbar > View > Options'.
    • Moved 'App Remnants' and 'Duplicates' to 'Main bar > Menu > Tools'.
    • Added 'Tap to execute' option in 'Setting > More settings', to start operation by single tap on Tasks button. Long press to show tasks.
    • Moved 'Fixed drawer in landscape' from 'Settings > More settings' to 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Added 'Reverse and pin the list from bottom' in 'Drawer bar > Menu > Options'.
    • Fixed MediaFire new upload issue.
    • Added 'HIGHLIGHT_VISITED_FOLDER' color option.
    • Added 'Fullscreen' option for EBook Reader and Html Viewer.

v6.41.3_B19111510
    • Some optimizations and fixes.

v6.41.2_B19111210
    • Fixed copy to clipboard and some other issues.

v6.41.1_B19111120
    • Added custom 'client_id' option in bookmark settings for Google and Microsoft Drives.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.41.0_B19111110
    • Improved 7z compression performance with LZMA, LZ5, ... methods.
    • Added Boot Completed Permission to reset auto tasks alarms.
    • Fixed saving Epub tags with cover and Mobi tags with no cover.
    • Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

v6.40.3_B19101620
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed FTP listing for 'ows_nt' system type.
    • Fixed 'Delete Source' issue in Archive dialog. Archive addon needs to be updated.
    • Added 'Delete Source' and 'Remember' in Extract dialog.
    • Some tiny changes and improvements.

v6.40.2_B19101610
    • Fixed text editing crash in previous build.

v6.40.1_B19101520
    • Changed Target SDK version to 29 for Android 10.
    • Fixed some UI issues.
    • Fixed Player crash in previous build.

v6.40.0_B19101310
    • Added custom font and LIGHT_STATUS_BAR options in Skin editor.
    • Improved CHM viewer.
    • Added 'Delete Source' option in Archive Dialog.
    • Fixed an issue with extracting RAR files.
    • Fixed wake up to execute auto task.
    • Added 'Go to' option in Ebook reader > Tap on Title bar.
    • Fixed some other tiny issues.

v6.39.6_B19100710
    • Fixed long-press selection crash in previous build.

v6.39.5_B19100610
    • Fixed long-press on some action buttons to execute task for selected files immediately.
    • Fixed Mega.nz 2fa authentication.
    • Fixed Exif Datetime read/save.
    • Fixed listing wrong files/folders after MOVE operation on clouds.
    • Fixed reading certificate from v2 scheme signature.
    • Fixed copying a folder into EncFs container.

v6.39.4_B19092410
    • Fixed Google Team Drives bug.
    • Fixed wrong Week,Month interval for auto tasks.
    • Fixed an issue with IP scanner.
    • Removed Fast delete option. It does when it's possible.
    • Fixed some other bugs.

v6.39.3_B19092210
    • Removed Amazon Drive.
    • Fixed moving/renaming in WebDav.
    Fixed wake up for auto tasks.
    • Fixed some issues for Android 10.
    • Fixed video thumbnail issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and crashes.

v6.39.2_B19071410
    • Fixed an issue with silent app installation.
    • Some other tiny fixes.

v6.39.1_B19070810
    • Added archive format (for local files) and password option in Auto Tasks dialog.
    • Added Remember last password in archive dialog.
    • Added THUMB_ROUNDED_CORNER option for skins.
    • Added Subtitle options and PIP (Oreo+) for built-in player.
    • Added Slide show options for image viewer.
    • Added Breadcrumb option in settings > More settings.
    • Added Cp850 to encoding list.
    • Improved Backblaze cloud to support keys for single bucket.
    • Removed 'Folder Size' and 'Detailed View' from the settings > More settings and added 'More details' in View modes popup.
    • Fixed some root issues.
    • Some other improvements and fixes.

v6.38.0_B19062410
    • Added Save option for entered regex in rename dialog.
    • Added Archive to... option to receive and archive the shared files.
    • Added editing EPub icon in tag editor.
    • Added Night mode option for Epub (It depends on EPub design).
    • Added 'Detailed view' option in Settings > More settings to enable extra info in detailed view mode for Lollipop+.
    • Fixed to start tasks from background in Oreo/Pie.
    • Fixed and improved reading MIME formats with Html Viewer.
    • Updated VLC addon.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.37.0_B19061310
    • Added 'DELETE' option for Auto Tasks.
    • Added a Dark skin.
    • Fixed opening network files with Code editor.
    • Added some tiny features for Lollipop+ and some other fixes.

v6.36.6_B19060520
    • Fixed an issue with opening shortcuts from home screen.

v6.36.5_B19060510
    • Updated Mediafire cloud.
    • Fixed freezing when creating thumbnails in previous build.

v6.36.4_B19053110
    • Some tiny changes and optimizations for Android TV.

v6.36.3_B19053010
    • Fixed an issue with creating zip file.

v6.36.2_B19052610
    • Fixed opening password protected PDF. (Update Addon)
    • Fixed random crash on exit.
    • Fixed setting write permission in Android Q.
    • Improved Backblaze to save user key (encrypted) to update auth token later.
    • Fixed some Find/Replace issues in Code/Text Editor.
    • Changed FTP server timezone to UTC for some clients.
    • Fixed OneDrive external login.
    • Fixed FTP Server transfer timeout issue.
    • Optimized SFTP transfer speed.
    • Fixed some other tiny bugs.

v6.36.1_B19051810
    • Added 'Teams' folder for Google Drive.
    • Fixed and improved PDF reader. (Update MiX PDF)
    • Fixed some Metadata/Tags editing issues. (Update MiX Metadata)
    • Dropped supporting mips architecture.
    • And some other tiny fixes and improvements.

v6.35.7_B19042110
    • Fixed editing EPUB metadata. (Update Metadata addon)

v6.35.6_B19042020
    • Fixed WebDav NTLM authentication.
    • Fixed reading filename from Zip extra field.
    • Fixed reading searched files for some clouds like DropBox.
    • Fixed some other bugs and some tiny improvements.

v6.35.5_B19041010

• Fixed generating video thumbnails for LAN.
    • Fixed opening Chrome extension .crx files.
    • Fixed FTP/SFTP Direct Write issue.
    • Fixed some other bugs and tiny improvements.
    Languages

See List of v6.x language add-ons
    If you want to help to translate to your language, send me an email to [email protected]