• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.2+][ROOT] ANote Overlay - Draw on your screen and screenshot from everywehere

Search This thread

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm pleased to present ANO to you, a little application which launch as an overlay
So you can draw / take note from everywhere, screenshot the result and share it

Some pictures :

1ed87b17-aff5-4dc8-a99b-cdbe614e6ef6_zps81d42bd1.jpg
f420c286-2519-46f9-b378-fb416ce54a30_zps6b177290.jpg
3ced3bc7-ff10-4360-8b0b-bd690409a40d_zps954906c7.jpg
baef1e33-bf83-426a-b564-38d487927df7_zpsef456f27.jpg

db86c60d-39cb-4089-b1a7-6925a3e9d9be_zpsd0bdcf30.jpg

Description

ANote Overlay is an application with which you can take note on your screen wherever you are !

ANO launch itself as an overlay above any applications, images, web pages etc so you can fastly draw anywhere.
Then simply save and share your screenshot.

Your device must be rooted to enable ANO to save the background of your screen shot

With ANO you can :
  • Navigate through your phone, ANO stills opened
  • Display / hide ANO
  • Set up the white background opacity so you can see more or less your background application
  • Change the pen color and size
  • Undo or undo all (long press)
  • Redo or redo all (long press)
  • Save your screenshot and share it (only the overlay with white background for not rooted device)
  • Display / hide a resizable rectangle to highlight a portion of your screen

Play Store link

I'm open to any suggestions and feedbacks !

Last edited:

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
This one of these applications I always needed when trying to instruct things to people. Great to see it done!

Here's a little suggestion: Option to have an opacity layer on the screenshot in a rectangle/portion that is selected or the contrary, have the portion selected with no overlay but the rest with a more opaque layer. This can help a lot to put emphasis on certain parts without having to draw a bunch of arrows.

Still very usable, will come in handy.

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
Hi polobunny and thx for your kind words, it's encouraging :D

Regarding the overlay, I'll play around to see how can I integrate it beautifully : the point is I don't want to develop an masterapplicationwhichcandoanything, just the minimum and the needed
But your suggestion match this criteria so :) !

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Hi polobunny and thx for your kind words, it's encouraging :D

Regarding the overlay, I'll play around to see how can I integrate it beautifully : the point is I don't want to develop an masterapplicationwhichcandoanything, just the minimum and the needed
But your suggestion match this criteria so :) !

I understand your concern. I prefer applications that are not cluttered and full of functions I would never use. Already drawing on the screen is a wonderful tool, the rest is bonus. :)

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah, but I kinda also want to satisfied all people so I'm thinking about a "more" menu where I can stick the bonus fonctions :p
Thx again for your feedback

wuzdat

Mar 20, 2012
Installed your app earlier to try it out & I really like it so far...the only major thing that I see that would have to be changed in order for me to keep using it is there needs to be a way to move the red start/stop button to any place on the screen that we choose and hopefully resize/reduce it also and change the color of that button...I don't have anything on my phone that's red, would much rather change it to Holo blue

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
Hello wuzdat :)
Moving the button around is something I'm thinking about, the problem I have to handle is the toolbar opening (currently it's opening from left to right, so it have to be adaptive)
I'll start a todo list ;)

wuzdat

Mar 20, 2012
Maybe just have toolbar always open in its current location & only move around the start button...just suggestion I'm not a dev so I don't know if it's possible

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
;46528124 said:
This one of these applications I always needed when trying to instruct things to people. Great to see it done!

Here's a little suggestion: Option to have an opacity layer on the screenshot in a rectangle/portion that is selected or the contrary, have the portion selected with no overlay but the rest with a more opaque layer. This can help a lot to put emphasis on certain parts without having to draw a bunch of arrows.

Still very usable, will come in handy.

@polobunny : ANO 1.1.0 is live with the resizable rectangle feature !
I didn't include a "contrary" option though, I think it will confuse the user (and add another button)

Also, I release a donate version without ads, if you like ANO please consider supporting me by buying it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plumillonforge.android.ano.donate

Thanks again for all your feedbacks

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
@polobunny : ANO 1.1.0 is live with the resizable rectangle feature !
I didn't include a "contrary" option though, I think it will confuse the user (and add another button)

Also, I release a donate version without ads, if you like ANO please consider supporting me by buying it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plumillonforge.android.ano.donate

Thanks again for all your feedbacks

Yes I've seen it this morning and I got excited haha! I really hope people get to know about your app, it's quite useful. :)

paps79

Jul 4, 2011
Great app. Can the background be set to full transparency when starting the app instead of doing it manually every time?

V

vikas724

It's nice you appreciate it :)
I'll do that : I'll save the last transparency as I did with the pen configuration

where is the save folder Cannt seem to find it.

Edit- they are not getting saved. I get load failed error. Using it on 4.4.2 CM11 note 3

Last edited:

Grapid

Jan 17, 2014
About RAM

Since my android device is low end, i would like to ask you if the app is RAM heavy or would cause lag on a 512mb device?

paps79

Jul 4, 2011
It's nice you appreciate it :)
I'll do that : I'll save the last transparency as I did with the pen configuration

That would be great, thank you.

By the way, this is really a nice app, I could not find a similar one that would satisfy me.

If you could promote it somehow, I'm sure more people would find an appreciation for it. I'm thinking especially Note 1/2/3 users and even more so, those who migrated to an aosp rom such as myself and lost the screenshot capabilities from touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
Since my android device is low end, i would like to ask you if the app is RAM heavy or would cause lag on a 512mb device?
I don't think the app will eat so much your RAM (or maybe if you draw a lot)
This is a good case to try it on though

where is the save folder Cannt seem to find it.

Edit- they are not getting saved. I get load failed error. Using it on 4.4.2 CM11 note 3
The screenshots are saved in your "Pictures" folder in a "ANO" directory
Do you have root and do you authorize the application ?

That would be great, thank you.

By the way, this is really a nice app, I could not find a similar one that would satisfy me.

If you could promote it somehow, I'm sure more people would find an appreciation for it. I'm thinking especially Note 1/2/3 users and even more so, those who migrated to an aosp rom such as myself and lost the screenshot capabilities from touchwiz.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Yeah I need to promote it more (the current installs are natural one) but I don't really know how to be effective on this matter !

Last edited:
V

vikas724

@Plumillon

Yes I have root. But not working. Whenever I try to save anything I get a notification in notification drawer( like one after a screenshot) but its all black and when I open it it says " load failed".

Plumillon

Mar 25, 2012
@Plumillon

Yes I have root. But not working. Whenever I try to save anything I get a notification in notification drawer( like one after a screenshot) but its all black and when I open it it says " load failed".
A user had the same problem with CM, it was the Super User distributed with CM which caused the problem
He updated it (or install another one) from the Play Store and everything works fine now

Can you check this out please ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    I'm pleased to present ANO to you, a little application which launch as an overlay
    So you can draw / take note from everywhere, screenshot the result and share it

Some pictures :

1ed87b17-aff5-4dc8-a99b-cdbe614e6ef6_zps81d42bd1.jpg
    f420c286-2519-46f9-b378-fb416ce54a30_zps6b177290.jpg
    3ced3bc7-ff10-4360-8b0b-bd690409a40d_zps954906c7.jpg
    baef1e33-bf83-426a-b564-38d487927df7_zpsef456f27.jpg

db86c60d-39cb-4089-b1a7-6925a3e9d9be_zpsd0bdcf30.jpg

Description

ANote Overlay is an application with which you can take note on your screen wherever you are !

ANO launch itself as an overlay above any applications, images, web pages etc so you can fastly draw anywhere.
    Then simply save and share your screenshot.

Your device must be rooted to enable ANO to save the background of your screen shot

With ANO you can :
    • Navigate through your phone, ANO stills opened
    • Display / hide ANO
    • Set up the white background opacity so you can see more or less your background application
    • Change the pen color and size
    • Undo or undo all (long press)
    • Redo or redo all (long press)
    • Save your screenshot and share it (only the overlay with white background for not rooted device)
    • Display / hide a resizable rectangle to highlight a portion of your screen

Play Store link

I'm open to any suggestions and feedbacks !