[APP 2.2+] [ Tool ] FAKE PERMISSIONS (For User app) Most Powerful privacy protection

Search This thread

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
appzinventors.wordpress.com
Please have a look inline comment...

I am interested in it but it's not clear what does "activate does".

For example, if I want to take out the permission of wake-lock for an app, what should I do?

You can try adb logcat.. find the different between before and next

I read the paper a bit. It looks like it only deals with privacy permissions. Is it possible to extend this beyond that?

99% the app will work based on the privacy permissions.. if something goes wrong you will come to know..

And does it require root?

Not really

Thanks

redhonker

May 11, 2008
Please have a look inline comment...

Android now has permission manager. However, some parts are not exposed to non-root users. These include the ability to start an application on boot or when an event happens. The question is, whether this application can manage those, in addition to the privacy permissions? If so, how could we control it? Right now it appears to be all-or-none.

Thanks

Burginthorn

Oct 29, 2012
My views and suggestions after buying the pro version ...

Firstly I find the app tiresome to use. What I mean by that is the constant in and out of the separate interfaces. There is the LIST OF PERMISSIONS section - click the tab - and you are shown all your apps, which you select and it drops down to show the permissions of that particular app. Then you have to back key out of that to go to suspicious apps which is the same page as previous, but has the number of permissions (8) (12) (25) and so on. There is nothing here to interface with. Then you have to back key again ...to go to fake permissions.

Here is really what the app is supposed to be about. But all you are met with on this page is your apps listed AGAIN with an "Activate" tab.

It is quite tedious to have to go back and forth between Suspicious Apps and Fake Permissions, firstly to get the count on what apps are requiring a lot of permissions, and then going over to the Fake Permissions tab ...back and forth, back and forth. Especially for someone who has a LOT of apps.

My suggestion is simply why not place all of these together on the one page?

On the User Apps page, you should have the ability to firstly see all your apps but select each app and see its list of permissions drop down. On the same page next to each app you could have (8) (12) (25) to display the amount of permissions for that app and on the far right of the screen the "Activate" tab - all on the one page.

Simple is good, and so far navigating this app isn't a good experience. Not to mention between each tab your met with a pop up explaining each section, over and over.

All in all I really like the app for what it does, but I do not like the interface and think if you place the entire interface on one easily accessible page it would be much much better.

Cheers.

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
sorry

Sorry guys I'm not keeping well... will back to work soon...... I will post reply to all........

Firstly I find the app tiresome to use. What I mean by that is the constant in and out of the separate interfaces. There is the LIST OF PERMISSIONS section - click the tab - and you are shown all your apps, which you select and it drops down to show the permissions of that particular app. Then you have to back key out of that to go to suspicious apps which is the same page as previous, but has the number of permissions (8) (12) (25) and so on. There is nothing here to interface with. Then you have to back key again ...to go to fake permissions.

Here is really what the app is supposed to be about. But all you are met with on this page is your apps listed AGAIN with an "Activate" tab.

It is quite tedious to have to go back and forth between Suspicious Apps and Fake Permissions, firstly to get the count on what apps are requiring a lot of permissions, and then going over to the Fake Permissions tab ...back and forth, back and forth. Especially for someone who has a LOT of apps.

On the User Apps page, you should have the ability to firstly see all your apps but select each app and see its list of permissions drop down. On the same page next to each app you could have (8) (12) (25) to display the amount of permissions for that app and on the far right of the screen the "Activate" tab - all on the one page.

Simple is good, and so far navigating this app isn't a good experience. Not to mention between each tab your met with a pop up explaining each section, over and over.

All in all I really like the app for what it does, but I do not like the interface and think if you place the entire interface on one easily accessible page it would be much much better.

Cheers.

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
True

Android now has permission manager. However, some parts are not exposed to non-root users. These include the ability to start an application on boot or when an event happens. The question is, whether this application can manage those, in addition to the privacy permissions? If so, how could we control it? Right now it appears to be all-or-none.

Thanks

The app will start working in the Background but it will consume 0.3% battery per day... App will start working on Boot start access the permission.. you can check the different in ADB.........

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
inline comment

I sent you the screenshot so you can see what I am seeing. FYI - I am running a Galaxy S4 VZN (rooted) with BoneStock ROM and Nova Launcher.

I also read the document you referenced as your goal, and that looks like exactly what I expect the finished product to look like. The granularity of knowing how each permission in each activated application is handled (trusted, anonymized, bogus, or empty) is crucial.

Your assertion that it is 100% handled doesn't tell me all I need to know. Keep up the good work!

In general we have created the data base which will create the Fake Data of any apps.. Think you installed a Torch light app if that app require Camera permission its fine, in-case GPS permission then there is something wrong..

What we do, any app which is requesting user data more many times, the fake data will be automatically start working.. everything happen in smart way...

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
True

Android now has permission manager. However, some parts are not exposed to non-root users. These include the ability to start an application on boot or when an event happens.

Very True...

The question is, whether this application can manage those, in addition to the privacy permissions? If so, how could we control it? Right now it appears to be all-or-none.

Any device which is running more then ICS, we can access the data, Please i'm not trying to access the system apps we are accessing the user apps where you don't need root access... Its easy to control what we are aiming..

Thanks

Inline comment

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
inline comment

Thanks, sorry for the delay.... Inline..

Please share how the UI should look like.. brother am kernel security engineer not have big ideas about UI...

Can you share one dummy image where can i see and understand...

Cheers.

Thanks you very much... if you share what I requested... Sure I will try to implement the same...

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
sorry

Guys really am sorry.. very busy with my next open source battery project.. Am stuck with the project.. i will be completing the working maybe in few days.. you all can expect the very big battery app.. where you can save your power like hell....

Theworld2020

Jun 18, 2013
Chennai
Tested

Here my experience :

The major problem in the applicaiton is UI and no proper decription.. the dev must add the clear UI where any one can understand... If possible small decription how it works...

I have tested the app using the ADB based on the dev suggestion I found out the working sending fake data to activated applicaiton.. but general mobile user they don't know anything about Android etc.. its very hard to believe.... My suggestion is to make easy way to understand any users...

I think you can show the logcat in the app where people can see the different now ans later...

Thanks for the amazing concpet but not implement well in UI part... I have given 4* rating in palystore becuase of bad UI... Rest all am happy..

Reactions: jacksparao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First I would like to Thanks XDA, where I got my life back. I almost quit development started working for a company because of XDA user am back to app development..

I request all the XDA member, please review new application & post your feedback over here or play store.. you will get instance answer any where..

2.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Any issues Please Mail us, with-out writing mail, I request you all please don't write Review or Rating.. APPZINVENTORS@GMAIL.COM

Privacy and Security is everyone's concern now a days and henceforth, we have developed this app for you all to keep a check on that.
    First, we would like to Thank - Huawei, NC State University & Workthatmatters. They made us to develop this application.

Fake Permission BETA VERSION

Pro Version link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appz.fakepaid&hl=en

The most power full app that will allow user to send FAKE PERMISSION to a particular app which user feel always stealing their private data.
    Fake Permission is the only way to fully protect you and stop apps from gathering your personal as well as any other information. Fake Permission reveals all your apps dirty secrets and then safely fixes them, so, you can still use your apps with an assurance of full protection. Keep your device safe and your personal information secure today!

Fake Permission features:

☆ Find out list of user installed apps
    ☆ View details of your apps “dirty secrets". View All the Permissions.
    ☆ Fix specific problems you don’t want.
    ☆ Suspicious apps list (Android 4.3 Feature).
    ☆ Fake Permission - Click Activate button to Enable the Fake permission to a particular app which you feel always steeling your private data.
    ☆ Uninstall the unwanted app(s)
    ☆There will be a folder called "Fake Permission" which will have a file named "Fake Permission.txt" inside your device SD card memory. This will work very smart.. You must restart your phone once you Activate the service.

Fake Permission is the only app that can fully lookout for apps that steal your private information and may be harmful. It is unlike any other app in its category. It can actually scan through other app's code to find privacy issues. No other app can do this on Android! This is what sets Fake Permission apart from other apps that claim protection.

Get the security you need which other apps like Anti-Virus Pro, Lookout Mobile Security, McAfee WaveSecure can’t find and fix.
    And, let us know your feedback at appzinventors@gmail.com

Reference Book : http://www.cs.ncsu.edu/faculty/jiang/pubs/TRUST11.pdf

Please Don't forget to hit THANKS BUTTON.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Your link to play store doesn't work...
    Inline comment

OK, got the APP and paid for the PRO version.

I see the lists of apps and what permissions they have using the "List of Permissions" view.

Fine

I don't see how to control anything however. How do I "fake" a permission for an app? Is there an instruction manual or help for this app?

As of now, it does that automatically(Sending Fake data to most of the apps), in next update you will be having control to control the app (By clicking ACTIVATE button to enable to fake permission to any particular app)

This sounds like the best idea in security to come along in quite a while if it works as I think it could. But I am not sure what's happening right now...

All your doubts will be get solved in next version, Thanks..
    uninstall the free version

OK I will patient. Just one more question for now. I first installed the free version then the pro version from a link in the free version. I seem to have 2 copies now. Every time I launch a function in either one I get a pop up asking which one to use.

Can I uninstall the free version?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Mate, uninstall the free version..

The paid version updated, please check and let me know all doubts got cleared..
    Inline comment

OK, Old stuff gone (complete uninstall) New stuff installed (like I never had it before.) Comments follow:

Open list of user apps - all show a grey box on the right with the letters "po ra" in the box. Not sure what that means.

Can you send me the screen shot : appziventors@gmail.com

Open list of permissions - shows list of apps, then open one and it shows a list of permissions (looks like no change from before)

No changes made yet

Open list of suspicious apps - all show a grey box on the right with either a number (range 0 to 16 in my case) except the first screen (top of the list) some show "po ra" until I scroll down then back up at which point they all show numbers. That's odd, tested several times, definitely happening every time.

No changes made yet

Open Fake Permissions - shows a list of apps, all with a grey box on the right that says "Activate". Touch the grey activate button and it says fake permissions are activating please wait. When finished it says must reboot.

Mate : Here you have to understand.. We are not blocking the permission, we are sending the fake datas to app which you assigned.. There is no chance that you will find what is happening in back-end...... once you assign the Activate the fake permissions it will be automatically activated.. No need to worry its test 100%/.

I went thru the list and activated all my games then rebooted. There was no change in the appearance or behavior of FakePermissions. I cannot tell which ones I have activated.

Its impossible to change the behavior of the apps.. as our our concept we are sending the fake datas to app.. which app is thinking all right data still that is fake..

You are making progress, but still have some work to do. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.. in next update we will fix one by one...

Thanks looking forward to see your review..