[APP][2.2+][V4.3.2] Coolify cools down your rooted devices

Search This thread

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
The famous technology website androidcommunity reported Coolify:
《Cool down your Android device with Coolify app》

Don't envy your friends' iPhone, With Coolify, your Android rooted devices are cooler than iPhone and lasting as the first day you have it!

Coolify help you to cool your devices down when you are not using them or your rooted devices are charging

Coolify will give you the unique experience:
  1. Keep your device Normal temperature
  2. One-Click Optimization;
  3. Coolify is nearly transparent! Set and forget!
  4. The simple user interface and without major uncomfortable impact on user experience;
  5. Never need to deal with the complexity and risk;
  6. Support Immersive mode

At last, Coolify do need a background persistent cooling service to cool down when you are not actively using them. It is designed and implemented in extremely light-weight. and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption when this service in Background.

all.png

Download [MATERIAL VERSION]& [ORIGINAL VERSION] & [OFFICIAL VERSION]

All Video or Reports: Google+ Coolify Community

[Online translation ][Privacy] [Changelogs]

Helper
@zman01 @Sock12345 @echelonx

Last edited:

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
FAQ

FAQ
1. Does it help to battery ?
Yes.

2. How it works? and Could you give more details?
Coolify is designed to cool your device's temp down by tweaking system values, like VM and systcl... it does the battery tweak. only 80 tweaks.
For Example
echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
echo "2000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task;
More tweaks like that.
XTweak, Tweak script
It doesn't change any CPU frequencries or Governors. you can look at the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/.

3. About cooling effect
ROMs are different and The cooling effect is not the same, 80% of the ROMs has cooling effect, no all ROMs work perfect. because Too many ROMs

4. Why is Coolify needed to run on Foreground?
It can be set as background by turning off the notification in settings interface. I just make the cooling service is not easy to be killed by system.

5. Will your "One Power Guard" app conflict with this one? Or installing both of them are A-OK?
They do not have any conflicts and the core optimization is a part of OPG, it is able to install both of them.

6. Permission Description
  1. android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - To set as boot
  2. android.permission.GET_TASKS - To determine whether Coolify's cooling service is running and show UI
  3. android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To write error log to help solve any issues you might be facing and count the number of devices
  4. android.permission.BATTERY_STATS - To get battery temperature
  5. android.permission.INTERNET - To upgrade this app
  6. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To determine the network is available and to upgrade
  7. android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - To store certain exception information in server logs
  8. android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER - To get root access

7. What is "set as no background mode"?
it means this app doesn't run a background service process!

8. is this app compatible with apps like Greenify?
Yes, it is compatible with Greenify

Last edited:

samueldewit

Jun 27, 2013
Zutphen
I've been using this app for a couple days now, and it really helps! My phone (GT-9205) won't get warm during games, and it cools down faster.
I really love the fact that I, as a regular user, "forget" the app is running. It also doesn't decrease the battery life. I would give it 8/10!

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: onexuan

Sock12345

Jun 22, 2014
Why this app tells me my S5 is 39 when ktoonsez its KMonitor tells me my phone is 60??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
I've been using this app for a couple days now, and it really helps! My phone (GT-9205) won't get warm during games, and it cools down faster.
I really love the fact that I, as a regular user, "forget" the app is running. It also doesn't decrease the battery life. I would give it 8/10!

Keep up the great work!

Well. Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear more feedback like that.

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
@onexuan
I hate to be the first to ask but....
What kind of mechanisms do you use to get the phone to cool down? Do you mess with kernel parameters, effecting performance or what?

don't have mess with kernel parameters, the cooling tweak is got from XDA forum, you can see this list tweaks and find out some famous apps and tweaks known to all.

Last edited:

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
za8esege.jpg

See?

in the pop up screen it should be your core's temperature. as I believe the temp showed in app is generally overall temp (like the real temp that you might feel in your hand). if you had ever measured the temperature of your PC or Laptop, you would have seen the same thing, cores' temp is always higher than the temp u feel w under your hand putting on the case. :)

Gửi từ GT-I9300 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reactions: Sock12345

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Questions! :D

1. Will your "One Power Guard" app conflict with this one? Or installing both of them are A-OK? :confused:

2. Why is Coolify needed to run on Foreground? What does it do? Does it clean some pagecache or file systems (vm.drop_caches) on a certain time or like that? Cause I think your app only tweaked my system values, like VM and Systcl...

3. Are the system values edited by Coolify "Device Dependant" (like on the famous V6 Supercharger) or the App just gives us a "Preset Value"? Cause I tried installing Coolify on two of my devices (LG L3 / SG2) and it seems they have both values now. I was wondering if this would cause strange behavior in my devices for a longer time (like usual stuttering or glitches while on an active process)...

But don't worry, me and my friends will see if there are good results! After all, it's just Day One (just now) that we installed Coolify :p

:D :) ;) :good:

Sock12345

Jun 22, 2014
in the pop up screen it should be your core's temperature. as I believe the temp showed in app is generally overall temp (like the real temp that you might feel in your hand). if you had ever measured the temperature of your PC or Laptop, you would have seen the same thing, cores' temp is always higher than the temp u feel w under your hand putting on the case. :)

Many thnx for explaining :)

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com

Many thnx for explaining :)

You can look at the path /sys/class/power_supply/battery/temp with RE explorer. this temp value get from battery temp.

Reactions: Sock12345

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
Questions! :D

1. Will your "One Power Guard" app conflict with this one? Or installing both of them are A-OK? :confused:

2. Why is Coolify needed to run on Foreground? What does it do? Does it clean some pagecache or file systems (vm.drop_caches) on a certain time or like that? Cause I think your app only tweaked my system values, like VM and Systcl...

3. Are the system values edited by Coolify "Device Dependant" (like on the famous V6 Supercharger) or the App just gives us a "Preset Value"? Cause I tried installing Coolify on two of my devices (LG L3 / SG2) and it seems they have both values now. I was wondering if this would cause strange behavior in my devices for a longer time (like usual stuttering or glitches while on an active process)...

But don't worry, me and my friends will see if there are good results! After all, it's just Day One (just now) that we installed Coolify :p

1. They do not have any conflicts. but the core optimization is a part of OPG. as we know, some regular users, they doesn't know what is CPU or I/O, which CPU policy is better, I spent a lot of time to help these users to know which one is better. Why I develop Coolify? The main reason is that. One-Click Optimization is better than dealing with the complexity and risk.

2. it doesn't clean some pagecache or file systems on a certain time. you can set it as background by turning off the notification on settings interface. I just make the cooling service is not easy to be killed by system.

3. it is the same. not Device Dependant. I think maybe you have other app changes them.

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
1. They do not have any conflicts. but the core optimization is a part of OPG. as we know, some regular users, they doesn't know what is CPU or I/O, which CPU policy is better, I spent a lot of time to help these users to know which one is better. Why I develop Coolify? The main reason is that. One-Click Optimization is better than dealing with the complexity and risk.

Yeah. Some users don't know those kinds of stuff, so it's a good thing that you help them out like that. And it's also a goos thing those two don't conflict their values, since both are a good apps (well, OPG is good, but i'm not judging Coolify just yet :p )

2. it doesn't clean some pagecache or file systems on a certain time. you can set it as background by turning off the notification on settings interface. I just make the cooling service is not easy to be killed by system.

If you may, can please explain on how this "Cooling Service" works? :confused:

3. it is the same. not Device Dependant. I think maybe you have other app changes them.

Checking on it... :p

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
Yeah. Some users don't know those kinds of stuff, so it's a good thing that you help them out like that. And it's also a goos thing those two don't conflict their values, since both are a good apps (well, OPG is good, but i'm not judging Coolify just yet :p )

If you may, can please explain on how this "Cooling Service" works? :confused:

Checking on it... :p

OPG and Coolify don't conflict their values. Coolify is easy to be used by more uses who don't know CPU and IO.
Q: how this "Cooling Service" works?
A: First, The main work of this service is optimizing all cooling tweaks after clicking "Turn On Normal Temp Protection".
Other work includes getting temperature and update the notification status.

Reactions: souler456

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
@onexuan

Some of my friends who uses Swap RAM says that it doesn't work anymore when they installed Coolify. So, to help them, I checked the value of /proc/sys/vm/swappiness (percentage on how much Swap RAM to be processed) and its zero (0). :eek:

Maybe that's the default value of Coolify for Swappiness, so I re-tweaked the value to a safe level (20), then all works fine, but then again, the Swap RAM stopped swapping again, and when we checked the Swappiness, it reverted back to zero, meaning Coolify persists to override any tweaks to Coolify's preset value at a certain time... Am I right? :confused:

So for the sake of Swap RAM, had those guys to uninstall Coolify... :(

Can you, at least, change the swappiness value to 20 (or what you think what's best) on the next build? I would really appreciate it... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The famous technology website androidcommunity reported Coolify:
    《Cool down your Android device with Coolify app》

Don't envy your friends' iPhone, With Coolify, your Android rooted devices are cooler than iPhone and lasting as the first day you have it!

Coolify help you to cool your devices down when you are not using them or your rooted devices are charging

Coolify will give you the unique experience:
    1. Keep your device Normal temperature
    2. One-Click Optimization;
    3. Coolify is nearly transparent! Set and forget!
    4. The simple user interface and without major uncomfortable impact on user experience;
    5. Never need to deal with the complexity and risk;
    6. Support Immersive mode

At last, Coolify do need a background persistent cooling service to cool down when you are not actively using them. It is designed and implemented in extremely light-weight. and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption when this service in Background.

all.png

Download [MATERIAL VERSION]& [ORIGINAL VERSION] & [OFFICIAL VERSION]

All Video or Reports: Google+ Coolify Community

[Online translation ][Privacy] [Changelogs]

Helper
    @zman01 @Sock12345 @echelonx
    FAQ

FAQ
    1. Does it help to battery ?
    Yes.

2. How it works? and Could you give more details?
    Coolify is designed to cool your device's temp down by tweaking system values, like VM and systcl... it does the battery tweak. only 80 tweaks.
    For Example
    echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    echo "2000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task;
    More tweaks like that.
    XTweak, Tweak script
    It doesn't change any CPU frequencries or Governors. you can look at the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/.

3. About cooling effect
    ROMs are different and The cooling effect is not the same, 80% of the ROMs has cooling effect, no all ROMs work perfect. because Too many ROMs

4. Why is Coolify needed to run on Foreground?
    It can be set as background by turning off the notification in settings interface. I just make the cooling service is not easy to be killed by system.

5. Will your "One Power Guard" app conflict with this one? Or installing both of them are A-OK?
    They do not have any conflicts and the core optimization is a part of OPG, it is able to install both of them.

6. Permission Description
    1. android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - To set as boot
    2. android.permission.GET_TASKS - To determine whether Coolify's cooling service is running and show UI
    3. android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To write error log to help solve any issues you might be facing and count the number of devices
    4. android.permission.BATTERY_STATS - To get battery temperature
    5. android.permission.INTERNET - To upgrade this app
    6. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To determine the network is available and to upgrade
    7. android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - To store certain exception information in server logs
    8. android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER - To get root access

7. What is "set as no background mode"?
    it means this app doesn't run a background service process!

8. is this app compatible with apps like Greenify?
    Yes, it is compatible with Greenify
    The Version 1.3.0 is updated

Now, The Version 1.3.0 is updated on Google Play!

2014_08_25_coolify_01.png
    The Version 2.0.0 is updated

The Version 2.0.0 is updated
    1. Improve optimization
    2. Add Turkish language;
    3. Fix Slovak, Hungarian language;
    4. Fix crop image bug;

If you like this app. Please share it with your friends

attachment.php
    Since your app use XPosed, why does it write data to files using root instead of replacing value in RAM with XPosed ? How can we be sure the correct values will be set again if we uninstall your app ?
    Why is your app hiding ? It's not listed in SuperSU, it's not in recent app when you open it's GUI.
    Why does it try to read serial number ? Why do you need it ?