[APP][2.3.3+] Mini Image Studio - photo fx app

Search This thread

leventbb

Jan 18, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share with you my photo fx app: Mini Image Studio. This app is sort of like Instagram or Photo FX Plus, however my aim is to focus on different photo fx, like RGB color modification and HSV effects (tonemapping, HDR etc) rather than making this a social networking app (though sharing with Facebook etc is possible thanks to very flexible android structure).

There are only a couple of effects present now, but I'll add more with the upcoming updates.

Current FX are:
[RGB]Grayscale
[RGB]Blur(*)
[RGB]Flatliner™
[RGB+HSV]Old Photo
[RGB+HSV]Retro Glow™
[RGB]Xpro™
[RGB]Spray™
[HSV]Litmus™
[HSV]Paster™
[HSV]Instant™
[MLIP]Tilt Shift™
[MLIP]Selective Coloring™

The ones with ™ are near 100% my code, while I've used several web sources for Sepia etc.

Mini Image Studio can also rotate and crop pictures.

Output of the processed images is limited at 1024*768 while there are no limitations on input size.

Your feedback/comment are quite welcome..

Here is the Play Store link
Here is the QR Code
img.php

UI:

2RFIG.jpg

Showing Tilt-Shift
5MYqr.jpg

Showing Selective Coloring
JYRy7.jpg

(*) Blur effect uses code portions from Stack Blur Algorithm by Mario Klingemann.

(**)
[RGB] means effect is based on red-green-blue pixel components, which is in general simpler and faster compared to HSV fx. However the things that you can do with RGB are limited, on the other hand, [HSV] (hue-saturation-value) is more complex, closer to human eye in terms of image presentation and you can do cooler stuff such as HDR and tonemapping. MLIP means multilayered image processing, stands for indicating that image has more than one layers with different fx.

Also I would definitely appreciate your suggestions to speed up fx implementation, such as Native code..

Last edited:

leventbb

Jan 18, 2009
Here is the changelog:

v1.2.0
Massive update, introducing Tilt Shift and Selective Coloring engines to allow touch based processing over the photos.
Added ability to rotate images with touch.
Disabled Crop support due to problem reports, will enable it after further testing.
Improved Paster FX performance.
Many bug fixes

v1.1.2
Bug fix release for UI error

v1.1.1
Revised UI with new background skin and frame - much nicer looking now
Added Paster™ effect - another HSV based filter
Fixed bug in Old Photo algorithm.
Increased stability

v1.1.0
Added Tilt Shift effect - uses some sort of Miniature faking technique
Changed Sepia effect to Old Photo using image texturizing
Bug fixes for stability.

v1.0.6
Many bug fixes and reliability improvements.
Added options dialog for setting output resolution.

v1.0.5
Improved image load engine (better inSampleSize implementation)
Added Instant effect - it post processes image, changes luminosity and puts it inside a frame like old Polaroid photos.

v1.0.3
Added Litmus effect - first HSV effect, makes image more vivid (increasing saturation) and slightly decreasing luminosity in too bright areas.

v1.0.2
Added Spray effect - simple Spray effect
Fixed Undo bug - finally squashed undo bug, which was actually coming from my inexpertise in Java :)

v1.0.1
Initial release

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share with you my photo fx app: Mini Image Studio. This app is sort of like Instagram or Photo FX Plus, however my aim is to focus on different photo fx, like RGB color modification and HSV effects (tonemapping, HDR etc) rather than making this a social networking app (though sharing with Facebook etc is possible thanks to very flexible android structure).

There are only a couple of effects present now, but I'll add more with the upcoming updates.

Current FX are:
    [RGB]Grayscale
    [RGB]Blur(*)
    [RGB]Flatliner™
    [RGB+HSV]Old Photo
    [RGB+HSV]Retro Glow™
    [RGB]Xpro™
    [RGB]Spray™
    [HSV]Litmus™
    [HSV]Paster™
    [HSV]Instant™
    [MLIP]Tilt Shift™
    [MLIP]Selective Coloring™

The ones with ™ are near 100% my code, while I've used several web sources for Sepia etc.

Mini Image Studio can also rotate and crop pictures.

Output of the processed images is limited at 1024*768 while there are no limitations on input size.

Your feedback/comment are quite welcome..

Here is the Play Store link
    Here is the QR Code
    img.php

UI:

2RFIG.jpg

Showing Tilt-Shift
    5MYqr.jpg

Showing Selective Coloring
    JYRy7.jpg

(*) Blur effect uses code portions from Stack Blur Algorithm by Mario Klingemann.

(**)
    [RGB] means effect is based on red-green-blue pixel components, which is in general simpler and faster compared to HSV fx. However the things that you can do with RGB are limited, on the other hand, [HSV] (hue-saturation-value) is more complex, closer to human eye in terms of image presentation and you can do cooler stuff such as HDR and tonemapping. MLIP means multilayered image processing, stands for indicating that image has more than one layers with different fx.

Also I would definitely appreciate your suggestions to speed up fx implementation, such as Native code..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone