[APP][2.3+]AppConfig free 1.4

Search This thread

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
AppConfig lets you configure system settings on per-app basis. Settings are automatically applied when you use your applications and restored when you leave them. It'll show notification on status bar with currently applied settings and clicking on it takes you straight to settings for current app for easy manipulation.

Settings you can configure are:
  • Brightness - auto/manual and dimming for both
  • Screen orientation - landscape/portrait/sensor based orientations
  • Screen timeout - time/never
  • Media volume
  • Mobile data - on/off
  • Wi-Fi - on/off
  • Bluetooth - on/off
  • Location - off/networks/GPS/GPS and networks
  • Language
Location and language settings won't work on all devices! Language settings work on Androids older than 4.2, but location settings always need rooted device or you to grant permissions to AppConfig manually.

• Android 4.1.1 or newer ROOTED:
    If AppConfig recognizes that you have root permissions and your package manager supports granting permissions, it will show menu item for requesting permissions. Click on it and when your system asks grant root permissions and settings will appear in AppConfig.​
  • Android 4.1.1 or newer without root:
    If your device isn't rooted but package manager supports granting permissions you need to manually grant permissions to AppConfig with adb:
    - - - - - - - -
    adb shell
    pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
    pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    - - - - - - - -
    First one is for language settings and second one is for location settings.​
  • Android older than 4.1.1:
    On older devices if you copy AppConfig as system app and reboot, then it can change location settings. I take no responsibility if you brick your device in the process. You have been warned.​
Will Verduzco's review on the XDA Portal
TK's review on XDA TV

You can get it from Google Play

Attachments

• settings.png
    settings.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 260
  • landscape.png
    landscape.png
    211 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

nodiaque

Oct 20, 2008
so, it's like appsettings from xposed, with less feature but not requiring xposed module. Is root needed?

meethere

Jan 8, 2012
wow... i want this..
i want the screen to wake when I start adobe reader..
lets see..

great

Osyx

Dec 10, 2011
Featured on the Portal :)

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk 2

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
Thank you all for posting links and positive feedback!

GPS settings pleaseee
There was bug in Android that made it possible to toggle GPS but it's not working in newer versions. Would it be enough if App Config would open GPS settings screen automatically so user could click GPS on/off?

WOW! That's very nice!

Immersive mode and/or full screen support would be great!
I'll try to get it done next week. Thanks for the idea.

so, it's like appsettings from xposed, with less feature but not requiring xposed module. Is root needed?
No xposed module or root needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bunklung

rfkw

Nov 14, 2011

There was bug in Android that made it possible to toggle GPS but it's not working in newer versions. Would it be enough if App Config would open GPS settings screen automatically so user could click GPS on/off?

Hmmm I'm not too sure about that bug though. I know Tasker and AutomateIt are able to set GPS to High Accuracy mode when I launch an app and then set it back to Battery Saving mode after exiting the app. Any ideas how they do it?

aaro

Aug 7, 2009
Change locale language pleaaaseee! :)
Do you mean you want setting to change system language or you want App Config in different language? I'll check what i can do about changing system language next week when I get back home. I have been contacted about German translation so that's coming. If there's more people wanting to do translations please send mail to [email protected]. I have promised to drop full version's price for a day to show my appreciation for the German translator. Do anyone know if i'm allowed to announce price drop here or is it against the rules?

Hmmm I'm not too sure about that bug though. I know Tasker and AutomateIt are able to set GPS to High Accuracy mode when I launch an app and then set it back to Battery Saving mode after exiting the app. Any ideas how they do it?
Do they need root privileges and helper module installed in system partiotion? I have read that's needed for toggling GPS. Maybe i'll add this for rooted users and hide option from non-rooted. I will investigate further when I get back home.

ernexto

Sep 10, 2008
Do you mean you want setting to change system language or you want App Config in different language? I'll check what i can do about changing system language next week when I get back home. I have been contacted about German translation so that's coming. If there's more people wanting to do translations please send mail to [email protected]. I have promised to drop full version's price for a day to show my appreciation for the German translator. Do anyone know if i'm allowed to announce price drop here or is it against the rules?

App Settings for xposed allows to change applications' locale! My system is in Italian, but I set some applications to launch in English. Can you add this functionality? :)

Murmel2k

Sep 3, 2009
Hi, is it also possible to change the DNS settings on per-app basis?

That would be very useful for netflix outside of US.

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore
This is great! Pretty good job. Is it possible to add toggles for NFC settings too? I like to turn on NFC when I fire up Super Beam

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AppConfig lets you configure system settings on per-app basis. Settings are automatically applied when you use your applications and restored when you leave them. It'll show notification on status bar with currently applied settings and clicking on it takes you straight to settings for current app for easy manipulation.

Settings you can configure are:
    • Brightness - auto/manual and dimming for both
    • Screen orientation - landscape/portrait/sensor based orientations
    • Screen timeout - time/never
    • Media volume
    • Mobile data - on/off
    • Wi-Fi - on/off
    • Bluetooth - on/off
    • Location - off/networks/GPS/GPS and networks
    • Language
    Location and language settings won't work on all devices! Language settings work on Androids older than 4.2, but location settings always need rooted device or you to grant permissions to AppConfig manually.

• Android 4.1.1 or newer ROOTED:
      If AppConfig recognizes that you have root permissions and your package manager supports granting permissions, it will show menu item for requesting permissions. Click on it and when your system asks grant root permissions and settings will appear in AppConfig.​
    • Android 4.1.1 or newer without root:
      If your device isn't rooted but package manager supports granting permissions you need to manually grant permissions to AppConfig with adb:
      - - - - - - - -
      adb shell
      pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
      pm grant fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
      - - - - - - - -
      First one is for language settings and second one is for location settings.​
    • Android older than 4.1.1:
      On older devices if you copy AppConfig as system app and reboot, then it can change location settings. I take no responsibility if you brick your device in the process. You have been warned.​
    Will Verduzco's review on the XDA Portal
    TK's review on XDA TV

You can get it from Google Play

GPS settings pleaseee

GPS settings pleaseee

WOW! That's very nice!

Immersive mode and/or full screen support would be great!
    I'll try to get it done next week. Thanks for the idea.

No xposed module or root needed.
    App Settings for xposed allows to change applications' locale! My system is in Italian, but I set some applications to launch in English. Can you add this functionality? :)

It seems doable, I'll try to implement it next week. Thanks for the idea, I can see this could be useful.
    Sorry for long delay...

Is it possible to have the option to keep the settings enabled even if the app is in background? (until the App is really closed)
    For example I'd like to have Bluetooth turned on when I launch the Media player and keep it on while playing some songs in the background.
    Thanks!
    Nice idea, thanks. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Hi,

GPS on/off will be great.

Thanks

P Bonamy
    Added in newest version. Check first post for more information.

Here's the change list for this new version:
    • Added: Location settings
    • Added: Alphabet scrolling
    • Changed: UI
    • Changed: Use devices real minimum as 0 brightness
    • Changed: Change language alternative method
    • Fixed: Changing Wi-Fi state crash on some devices
    • Fixed: KitKat killing background service and not restarting it
    • Fixed: Other fixes