[APP][2.3+] Auto Brightness - app for phones without light sensor

Search This thread

Adam.st

Jul 29, 2013
Poznan
Hey everyone,

I would like to present you app that I created to automatically adjust screen brightness. Tested on LG K8, Android 6.0. App is using front camera to determine lighting in smartphone environment. I created it because I recently changed my phone and as it turned out this one does not have light sensor, and that was cumbersome for me (day or so after using phone I faced situation when I was outside, it was very sunny and brightness was set to like 10%. It was impossible to unlock phone because I couldn't see anything on screen even if I tried to cover phone screen from that light, so phone was totally unusable!). I didn't find this kind of app on Google Play so that's why we have this thread.

FEATURES:
- automatically adjusts screen brightness
- automatically turn on device boot
- 5 frequency options

HOW TO USE:
1. Download.
1.1. [6.0+] Give permissions.
2. Choose one of available options (I recommend using medium refresh rate).

MORE INFORMATIONS:
Of course app will be improved. I want to add notification with brightness adjust bar, and improve algorithm that is determining what brightness level will be set.

FREE DOWNLOAD:
App in attachement.

GOOGLE PLAY LINK (paid app, if You apprecieate my work, like app or You want to give me coffe, here is link):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.ntimobile.autobrightness

SUPPORT:
If You like my overall work (I publish as NTIMobile) You can donate here:
paypal.me/AdamStaszak

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT AND TIME!

Attachments

• app-release.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 265

gottlasz

Aug 19, 2016
Great idea... However on my k8 its a bit confused... i tried it in the office during daylight, it was quite dark instead of bright and when i covered the front camera its become bright... maybe you could put some options there to manually adjust intesity levels related to the picture brightness?

Good idea

Hey everyone,

I would like to present you app that I created to automatically adjust screen brightness. Tested on LG K8, Android 6.0. App is using front camera to determine lighting in smartphone environment. I created it because I recently changed my phone and as it turned out this one does not have light sensor, and that was cumbersome for me (day or so after using phone I faced situation when I was outside, it was very sunny and brightness was set to like 10%. It was impossible to unlock phone because I couldn't see anything on screen even if I tried to cover phone screen from that light, so phone was totally unusable!). I didn't find this kind of app on Google Play so that's why we have this thread.

Great and usefull

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

FEATURES:
    - automatically adjusts screen brightness
    - automatically turn on device boot
    - 5 frequency options

HOW TO USE:
    1. Download.
    1.1. [6.0+] Give permissions.
    2. Choose one of available options (I recommend using medium refresh rate).

MORE INFORMATIONS:
    Of course app will be improved. I want to add notification with brightness adjust bar, and improve algorithm that is determining what brightness level will be set.

FREE DOWNLOAD:
    App in attachement.

GOOGLE PLAY LINK (paid app, if You apprecieate my work, like app or You want to give me coffe, here is link):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.ntimobile.autobrightness

SUPPORT:
    If You like my overall work (I publish as NTIMobile) You can donate here:
    paypal.me/AdamStaszak

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT AND TIME!