[APP][2.3+] CloudAmpz Cloud Music Player

Search This thread

fusego

Jan 1, 2012
[APP][2.3+] CloudAmpz Cloud Music

CloudAmpz is a cloud storage music player.

Stream music from your local device storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Box accounts to your mobile device.

The ideal solution for storing your entire music library in one central location.

Features:

• Supports streaming from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box and local device storage.
  • Convenient, smooth, and intuitive UI.
  • Audio Formats Supported: MP3, FLAC and OGG.
  • Playlist Support: Supports the m3u playlist format.
  • Chromecast Support.
  • MusicBrainz and AWS powered album art.
  • ChartLyrics powered lyrics feed.
  • Multiple Accounts support.
  • Built-in equalizer.

Available in both free and paid (ads free) versions.

QR Code:

qr-paid-small.png

Screens:

Screenshot_2015-02-06-15-18-05.png
Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-25-27.png
Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-25-37.png
Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-27-21.png
Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-53-54.png

Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-26-19.png

Last edited:

fusego

Jan 1, 2012
CloudAmpz 1.2.4

CloudAmpz is a new music player that streams music from your cloud storage. It currently supports Google Drive and Dropbox accounts and has both a free and an (Ads Free) paid version.

The player supports mp3 and m3u content, a playlist and web powered album art and lyrics. I intend to add more features in the future.

So, try it out - look for CloudAmpz in Google play.

qr-paid-small.png

Screens:

2012.10.17-08.00.40.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.01.39.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.01.46.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.03.19.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.03.39.jpeg

Last edited:

fusego

Jan 1, 2012
CloudAmpz 1.3.4

New version of CloudAmpz (1.3.4) is available including latest bug fixes and Equalizer support.

Reactions: StephenC82

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
New version of CloudAmpz (1.3.4) is available including latest bug fixes and Equalizer support.

This sounds like an amazing app, looking forward to trying it out.

- Is there a widget for this app to control play/stop/ff/rewind? Would it be possible to create one if it doesn't exist already?

- Is it possible to set up separate folders/playlists from the same cloud account? Example - store all my music in different folders on Drive, and have the app play only music in a specified folder, then switch to a new folder/playlist at some point to play only the music in the second folder?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Box support added in version 1.4.1.

How about other cloud app support? Possible for Copy, GCloud, Mega, Mediafire, OneDrive, etc.?

artnada

May 27, 2012
Gloucestershire
CloudAmpz is a new music player that streams music from your cloud storage. It currently supports Google Drive and Dropbox accounts and has both a free and an (Ads Free) paid version.

The player supports mp3 and m3u content, a playlist and web powered album art and lyrics. I intend to add more features in the future.

qr-paid-small.png

Screens:

2012.10.17-08.00.40.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.01.39.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.01.46.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.03.19.jpeg
2012.10.17-08.03.39.jpeg

How do you change to black theme? Or is it in Paid version only? Thanks

h.bildhoff

Oct 16, 2011
hey, pretty nice player, i light that it's so lightweight and it works pretty well!

i have two requests though, if you allow:
i'd really appreciate having a cloud player that supports owncloud, would that be possible to implement?
secondly having locksreen remote controls would be a very nice addition.

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
hey, pretty nice player, i light that it's so lightweight and it works pretty well!

i have two requests though, if you allow:
i'd really appreciate having a cloud player that supports owncloud, would that be possible to implement?
secondly having locksreen remote controls would be a very nice addition.

Lockscreen controls... +1... Could make a widget that shows up in the lockscreen as well?

What is owncloud? Another cloud storage app?

Last edited:

h.bildhoff

Oct 16, 2011
Lockscreen controls... +1

What is owncloud? Another cloud storage app?

owncloud.org is a self hosted cloud service.
there are several providers (i.e. owncube.com) that host owncloud instances for people without a server.
the advantage is that no commercial company has access to your cloud data and cannot analyze and sell your data (it's usually not for free though...).

marosteeha

Nov 17, 2010
question, ive had this question for a while now.

lets say i have 1G worth of song in Google drive and i play all the song, would that mean that i spent 1G worth of data plan? or is it somehow compressed so it doesn't use up that much data?

i have 5gb per month and i dont wanna run out of date in a weeks.

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
question, ive had this question for a while now.

lets say i have 1G worth of song in Google drive and i play all the song, would that mean that i spent 1G worth of data plan? or is it somehow compressed so it doesn't use up that much data?

i have 5gb per month and i dont wanna run out of date in a weeks.

I don't think it works that way. Of course I don't know for sure...

...If it did work that way, you'd in a sense only be able to run through your music collection 5x a month (pending every song is listened to prior to repeating) if you used absolutely no other data whatsoever.

fusego

Jan 1, 2012

- Is there a widget for this app to control play/stop/ff/rewind? Would it be possible to create one if it doesn't exist already?

- Is it possible to set up separate folders/playlists from the same cloud account? Example - store all my music in different folders on Drive, and have the app play only music in a specified folder, then switch to a new folder/playlist at some point to play only the music in the second folder?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

How about other cloud app support? Possible for Copy, GCloud, Mega, Mediafire, OneDrive, etc.?

I am currently working on adding more features such as controls from widgets and notification drawer. Expect them in upcoming version updates.

Yes, you can add tracks from different folders and accounts to your playlist.

I am gradually adding support for more cloud storage solutions. Whether or not CloudAmpz will support one depends on its popularity and the availability of an API for integration in Android.

ssuds

Jul 13, 2012
This looks awesome, especially considering all of my music is on my box account. However, I'm a bit paranoid putting my box login information into anything other than box - what is the security on this?

fusego

Jan 1, 2012
Thank you all for your questions and support.

I am currently working on adding more features to the app such as controlling playback from widgets (both lockscreen and launcher) and the notification drawer. Also, supporting more cloud storage solutions is definitely a goal although I can't say for sure which solutions will be supported and when.

Last edited:

fusego

Jan 1, 2012
This looks awesome, especially considering all of my music is on my box account. However, I'm a bit paranoid putting my box login information into anything other than box - what is the security on this?

Unfortunately, Box don't have account integration in Android. When you chose a Box account you will be shown a screen asking you to enter you Box username and password. This screen is a screen of the Box app (or browser if you don't have the Box app installed). CloudAmpz does not see you login information but instead get a security token to access and stream the files in your account.

bearbonez

Nov 17, 2011
Looking forward to trying the free version but I'd deffinately go for the paid version if/when it can access the Mega cloud storage system, dunno if it's encryption will rule it out though. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][2.3+] CloudAmpz Cloud Music

CloudAmpz is a cloud storage music player.

Stream music from your local device storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Box accounts to your mobile device.

The ideal solution for storing your entire music library in one central location.

Features:

• Supports streaming from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box and local device storage.
    • Convenient, smooth, and intuitive UI.
    • Audio Formats Supported: MP3, FLAC and OGG.
    • Playlist Support: Supports the m3u playlist format.
    • Chromecast Support.
    • MusicBrainz and AWS powered album art.
    • ChartLyrics powered lyrics feed.
    • Multiple Accounts support.
    • Built-in equalizer.

Available in both free and paid (ads free) versions.

QR Code:

qr-paid-small.png

Screens:

Screenshot_2015-02-06-15-18-05.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-25-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-25-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-27-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-53-54.png

Screenshot_2015-02-07-19-26-19.png
    CloudAmpz 1.2.4

qr-paid-small.png

Screens:

2012.10.17-08.00.40.jpeg
    2012.10.17-08.01.39.jpeg
    2012.10.17-08.01.46.jpeg
    2012.10.17-08.03.19.jpeg
    2012.10.17-08.03.39.jpeg

Box support added in version 1.4.1.

CloudAmpz 1.3.4

Hi, I just tried out your app because the description fit what what I was looking for: a cloud-based music player that supports multiple file types, esp. OGG.

But I'm a bit disappointed at first look. I really would like to see this app flourish so here are some issues I identified (free version):

- Using Box, navigating through folders is unpredictable. There doesn't seem to be a way to go up just one level in the folder structure.
    - OGG files don't even appear in the file browser much less play!
    - MP3s play but I get no metadata, album art or lyrics. Just the file name.
    - I have music stored locally on an external SD but there is no way to access it through "Local Device Storage. "

Looks very promising, and I hope this feedback helps!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback and support.

The box navigation, missing ogg files and inaccessible external SD card bugs were fixed in version 1.5.2 which is now rolling out. Regarding the missing metadata in mp3 - This is a known bug for files stored on Box storage. If this also happens for local or other cloud storage providers please let me know.