• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][2.3+] EFS ☆IMEI☆ Backup

Search This thread

wanam

Recognized Contributor / Developer
Jan 26, 2011
Meknès
wanam.net
☆Root required☆
☆It supports all Samsung devices!☆

It's aimed to support all Samsung devices running Android 2.3+ for the EFS feature.

This application let you save a backup of your EFS partition on any Samsung device running Android 2.3+, this help you to keep your IMEI safe from getting corrupted after any bad Rom flashing issues, this is a common issue with Samsung devices, if somehow you lost your IMEI, you won't be able to get registered and connected to any mobile network.

User will be prompted to choose which partition to backup within all partitions list when there is no EFS partition on his device.

With this application you can also backup any other partition, just make sure you have enough space for bigger partition on your device sdcard.

What's new compared to other EFS backup Apps?
This application was made to be a generic solution for all Samsung devices, it does NOT use any static block numbers.

This App support 3 backup formats:

• Stock image copy (img)
  • Tar archived image (No compression)
  • Compressed GZ image (Small size)
Notes:

• The backups are saved on /Sdcard/EFSBackups.
  • Do NOT leave the EFS backup on your Sdcard, make sure it is saved on a safe place
  • It supports stock and custom Roms (CM, Omni...)

Bugs reports:

• Post your Exact device model
  • PM me your logcat (you can use Syslog App)
Download.

Changelogs:

1.2.2:
- Few compatibility improvements for older devices.

1.2.1:
- Improved multi-partitions backup process
- Improve sdcard mount point detection
- Many other compatibility fixes with custom Roms (CM, Omni...)
- Add and option to remove ads
- Expand support to all Android devices (User will be prompted to choose which partition to backup when there is no EFS partition on his device).

1.2.0:
- Add partitions backup option
- Bug fixes

1.1.0:
- Minor bug fix
- Add some sanitation checks

1.0.2:
- Minor bugs fixes
- Add restoration feature.
- Sanitize the restoration.
- Remove a useless permission

1.0.1:
- Minor bugs fixes

Suggestions are welcome, if you like the application please rate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-40-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-40-29.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 5,765
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-40-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-40-38.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 5,608
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-40-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-40-53.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 5,503
  • Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-41-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-15-41-18.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 4,773
Last edited:

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Successfully created a backup for my SGS Captivate running CM10.1.3 (Also transferred to my laptop with my first adb pull.)
I hope I never have a need for it.

Thank you wanam. :D

Reactions: HvMES
Is it work on custom rom? like ParanoidAndroid?

The app successfully located the EFS location. So I try to make a backup, and it says successful. But, I don't see any folder called EFSBackups on sdcard directory. (both sdcard0 and sdcard1 (even sdcard2) :confused:

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini (GT-I8190) running ParanoidAndroid-4.6-Beta5-unofficial.

While I can't make any efs backup, I just translated your apps to Indonesia through the app menu :D Maybe there should be an option to save the EFS on custom location. Will PM the syslog.

Last edited:

shjane

Feb 5, 2014
Is it work on custom rom? like ParanoidAndroid?

The app successfully located the EFS location. So I try to make a backup, and it says successful. But, I don't see any folder called EFSBackups on sdcard directory. :confused:

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini (GT-I8190) running ParanoidAndroid-4.6-Beta5-unofficial.

While I can't make any efs backup, I just translated your apps to Indonesia through the app menu :D Maybe there should be an option to save the EFS on custom location. Will PM the syslog.

I am facing the same problem: I can't find the EFSBackups folder anywhere.... I can locate my EFS folder though.
Would really like to be able to choose a specific backup lcoation.
ROM: CM11 unofficial
Device: Note 3 N9005

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ☆Root required☆
    ☆It supports all Samsung devices!☆

It's aimed to support all Samsung devices running Android 2.3+ for the EFS feature.

This application let you save a backup of your EFS partition on any Samsung device running Android 2.3+, this help you to keep your IMEI safe from getting corrupted after any bad Rom flashing issues, this is a common issue with Samsung devices, if somehow you lost your IMEI, you won't be able to get registered and connected to any mobile network.

User will be prompted to choose which partition to backup within all partitions list when there is no EFS partition on his device.

With this application you can also backup any other partition, just make sure you have enough space for bigger partition on your device sdcard.

What's new compared to other EFS backup Apps?
    This application was made to be a generic solution for all Samsung devices, it does NOT use any static block numbers.

This App support 3 backup formats:

• Stock image copy (img)
    • Tar archived image (No compression)
    • Compressed GZ image (Small size)
    Notes:

• The backups are saved on /Sdcard/EFSBackups.
    • Do NOT leave the EFS backup on your Sdcard, make sure it is saved on a safe place
    • It supports stock and custom Roms (CM, Omni...)

Bugs reports:

• Post your Exact device model
    • PM me your logcat (you can use Syslog App)
    Download.

Changelogs:

1.2.2:
    - Few compatibility improvements for older devices.

1.2.1:
    - Expand support to all Android devices (User will be prompted to choose which partition to backup when there is no EFS partition on his device).

1.2.0:
    - Add partitions backup option
    - Bug fixes

1.1.0:
    - Minor bug fix
    - Add some sanitation checks

1.0.2:
    - Minor bugs fixes
    - Remove a useless permission

1.0.1:
    - Minor bugs fixes

Suggestions are welcome, if you like the application please rate it.
    EFS backup updated to 1.4.0, the new update will backup any modem or extra efs partitions on your device as well as the main efs partition.

According to some posts i saw here on xda, saving the main efs partition is NOT enough on some new devices, that's why i updated this App to save all other related partition.
    EFS Backup updated to 1.3.2 with External Sdcard support, removed a useless permission and many other bugs fixes.
    On my LiquidSmooth i9300 it saves them to /storage/emulated/0/EFSBackups.

A new update has been pushed to the PlayStore (should be available within a few minutes).
    1.2.1:
    Can you please add an option to select the backup directory?
    That way we can make our backups on our external SDCards....

Thanks for the great app btw.:good: