[APP][2.3+][FREE] Intelligent Ringer - automatic ringtone volume controller

Search This thread

soulreaver1

Jul 30, 2012
Warsaw
Intelligent Ringer sets ringer volume based on the ambient noise level in which your smartphone is actually working. It is also able to detect whether the device is in a pocket or not, based on the proximity sensor readings.

Unlike similar apps Intelligent Ringer adjusts its internal settings to the particular device, which has a significant effect on measurement and setting process accuracy.

Notification removal for Jelly Bean users:

You can permanently switch off this notification instead of just hiding it. Please go to: System Settings --> Application Manager --> Intelligent Ringer --> and uncheck "Show Notifications".

It respects silent and vibrate mode - when any of these is active, volume won't be changed by the Intelligent Ringer.

You can control whole process using the following application settings:

- Pocket Factor - Additional volume which is added to the actual measurement value only when the device is discovered to be in a pocket.

- Accuracy - decide how precise the volume setting process should be.

- Sensitivity - change the microphone sensitivity when needed.

Minimum / Maximum volume - limit the maximum and minimum volume possible to set.

Update 1.0.8 is available now.

alternative link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsImNvbS5rcmlzLmludGVsbGlnbmV0cmluZ2VyIl0.

Last edited:

gohamstergo

Mar 6, 2010
i dont mean to hijack the thread, but i coulda swore there was an app released a long time ago that did exactly this. i remember trying it out. no idea on the name tho. hmm.

szubert51

May 10, 2010
Lodz
Odp: [APP][2.3+][FREE] Intelligent Ringer - automatic ringtone volume controller

Could you add normal link to OP? If you use Tapatalk you can't open linked images.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 4 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

djmickyg

May 30, 2010
That's the first thing I thought also... definitely interested in hearing the reviews on this aspect.

I bought RingDimmer a while back and loved how it worked.. but it was a MASSIVE drain on my battery, usually 10%-15% by the end of the day was used by it..
And I had it set with the lowest sensitivity hoping it would update the volume less frequently..

Hope this works better.

xCookie

Sep 15, 2010
Subotica
i dont mean to hijack the thread, but i coulda swore there was an app released a long time ago that did exactly this. i remember trying it out. no idea on the name tho. hmm.

Well... yes, the application name is IntelliRing. I tried that app, it does what is suppose to do and there is no battery drain because it is not active in background all the time. App is inwoked on call, it measure noise around phone in 1-2 sec then pass the call through.

Excellent idea but I found a flaw (for me exactly) if my phone is at the table in empty room next to where I am, he will ring almost silent and I will not hear it and missed a call. :( That is the thing that kill that app for me)

:eek:

sravan1802

Mar 20, 2013
Chennai
some more suggestions and clarifications

How much of a battery drain this app will be?

Some suggestions:

And also, for the pocket detection, it would be great if the option to enable vibrate is also available. Cos when we drive (by bike) and if the phone rings in the pockets that will help more than a loud ring tone. (if vibration intensity control also included, that would be great)

And also if there will be turn to mute option like it is available for samsung galaxy s3 phone or as available in the app called INTELLIRINGER that would be super awesome..

Hope to see more and more from this. I have a lot of respect for apps that come from members of XDA. They are performance oriented and are made out of passion.

Good luck.

-Sravan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intelligent Ringer sets ringer volume based on the ambient noise level in which your smartphone is actually working. It is also able to detect whether the device is in a pocket or not, based on the proximity sensor readings.

Unlike similar apps Intelligent Ringer adjusts its internal settings to the particular device, which has a significant effect on measurement and setting process accuracy.

Notification removal for Jelly Bean users:

You can permanently switch off this notification instead of just hiding it. Please go to: System Settings --> Application Manager --> Intelligent Ringer --> and uncheck "Show Notifications".

It respects silent and vibrate mode - when any of these is active, volume won't be changed by the Intelligent Ringer.

You can control whole process using the following application settings:

- Pocket Factor - Additional volume which is added to the actual measurement value only when the device is discovered to be in a pocket.

- Accuracy - decide how precise the volume setting process should be.

- Sensitivity - change the microphone sensitivity when needed.

Minimum / Maximum volume - limit the maximum and minimum volume possible to set.

Update 1.0.8 is available now.

alternative link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDEsImNvbS5rcmlzLmludGVsbGlnbmV0cmluZ2VyIl0.

New features in version 1.0.3:

- Minimum and maximum volume settings.
    [*]About - shows as version 1.0.5
    yep, will be corrected in final release.

[*]New settings - you might consider hiding these behind an "advanced" button, or similar, to keep out the unwary?
    Sounds like a good idea.

[*]Calibration - it occurs to me I don't know whether it matters if the service is running or not, when calibration is done? If it does matter, the app should enforce it, perhaps?
    Every time you enter the settings service is started (if it wasn't started before). As you leave the settings service is restored to its previous state (before you entered the settings).

[*]Old Manual Calibration buttons - the alert box tells me to hit OK and wait for the Done alert. But the Done alert no longer appears, the menu just jumps back to the top.
    Thanks, I've missed that.

[*]New noise/silence values - I would expect to see the new Noise/Silence values change, when I use the Manual Calibration buttons, but they don't. Is this expected? If so, it means I don't understand the mechanism, perhaps. I had assumed that the manual buttons would provide a starting point, which could then be further fine-tuned using the new sliders. But if I change the sliders, then use the buttons, the sliders don't change.

Actually these sliders should be used to correct the program self-lernt values not to set the starting point. Treat them as the end points which closes the app "hearing" scale. Each slider is scalable because of the changable nature of values.

Default values are: 200 for "silence" and 3000 for "noise". Both of them should change after calibration ("silence" should decrease to about 100-150 and "noise" should increase to 4000 - 6000 or maybe even more on some devices). So, set the default values, then calibrate and you should see the change.

[*]Request: I would like to see some stats, etc, on the main page, under the Start/Stop buttons. e.g. last set volume, last set timestamp, noise/silence values, etc. So that I can see them, without going into the Settings menu, because:
    [*]Settings menu - I find it all too easy to change the values by accident, when I just want to check (i.e. read) the settings.
    That's doable and could be implemented. It would be better to use main screen or maybe notifications?
    1.0.5 is released

changes:

+ option for hiding notification icon.
    + compatibility with more devices (Nexus4 - I hope, at least beta testers haven't been complaining about this version:)).
    + slightly new layout.
    + extended language support (English, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Polish).
    + minor bug fixes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone