• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] [2.3+] Full Screen Pic Picture Viewer

Search This thread

cb56

Jan 6, 2011

Full Screen Pic Picture Viewer

View your photos without the irritating stripes on the sides!

A better gallery where you decide what to include and not makes you see all garbage phone images.

Compress Folder and Split Folder options are present to save very much space, best browsing and best performance.

4 GB of jpeg can be reduced to less than 2 GB!

3 Widgets that you can add to home screen

Main functions:

.the Full Screen Option can be disabled so you can use the App as a Standard Image Viewer

. you decide what to include and not makes you see all garbage phone images

.compress Folder and Split Folder options are present to save very much space, best browsing and best performance; for example, 4 GB of jpeg can be reduced to less than 2 GB!

.Immersive Mode for devices with software keys (Hide Navigation Bar for Full Screen Pics)

.ability to set the Wallpaper of the Home Screen with the Full Screen Pic, you can also enlarge the Pic to fit the screen size; process WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) is used

.3 Widgets (2x1, 4x2 and 5x3) that you can add to home screen and configure with independent pics & actions

.easy toggle pic size with double tap

.start Google Maps and Google Earth by Coordinates or close Address

.view File information, ExIf data and GPS tags and Copy to Clipboard

.slide show

.share pics with friends

.sort filelist in various ways, also by ExIf Camera Data

.clear History of viewed folders

.many configuration options

To deepen:

In still camera photography, the most common aspect ratios are 4:3 and 3:2, closer to a square shape and suitable for printing.

However, many mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktop monitors and TVs have an aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10, closer to a rectangular shape and suitable for movies.

When 4:3 or 3:2 images are displayed on a 16:9 or 16:10 device, two stips are shown on the sides of the screen and the image remains smaller.

This App solves the problem by adapting by default the image to the size of the device.

Untitled-11-238x81.jpg

Review on xda-developers Portal

Screenshot_20161215-155108.png
Screenshot_20161215-155114.png

Screenshot_20161215-160032.png
Screenshot_20161215-160036.png

2013-12-21-14-37-54.png
2013-12-21-14-38-11.png

2013-12-21-14-42-02.png
2013-12-21-14-42-13.png

2013-12-21-14-39-25.png
2013-12-21-14-39-42.png

P1000679.JPG
P1000680.JPG

P1000687.JPG
P1000688.JPG

P1000693.JPG
P1000694.JPG

1024x500_2.png

Of course, the top and the bottom of the image are slightly cut but in most cases this is not a big problem and you can however see the original image with a double tap.

In case of photos of people where may be cut off heads or feet, you could turn off the full screen display and use the app as a regular photo viewer.

If your device supports it, you can connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable and enjoy your pictures in Full Screen.

P1000671.JPG
P1000672.JPG

Of course some mobile devices can be set to take pictures in 16:9 format but this format is not suitable for printing and does not use the sensor completely (less megapixels) so this is not a good solution.

The Lite version is limited to 15 consecutive Full Screen Pics per session, the Slide Show is also limited to 15 consecutive Pictures per session; all other functions are active and complete.
To remove these limits you need to upgrade to the PRO version which is also AD free.

Market Link: Full Screen Pic Lite

cb56

Last edited:

luismix

Apr 2, 2007
Madrid
thanks for the app, but only 7 picutes in the free mode is a very low number... In addition I would change the interface to something more friendly or more "Holo".

Thanks again ;)

:good:

Reactions: cb56

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
thanks for the app, but only 7 picutes in the free mode is a very low number... In addition I would change the interface to something more friendly or more "Holo".

Thanks again ;)

Thank you attention and I take the opportunity of your comment to express my thoughts on the state of the software market.

The sense of a free application is to give a chance to try the program and then buy it, on the other hand we are talking about a few euro.

Personally I think that the current standard price for various reasons has taken a wrong turn and that it is totally inadequate to support smaller developers; only those who manage to reach several thousands of buyers each year manages to survive with these figures.

As for the interface, I think the program is very easy to use .. and then its purpose is to look at Full Screen Pics ... :)

Thanks anyway

cb56

samizad

The black bars are annoying when viewing pics. I tried the free app and only have two suggestions; improve the swiping interface so it is more sensitive to small swipes, and implement syncing with Picasa and Facebook like the "JustPictures!" app.

Last edited:
Reactions: cb56

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
Full Screen Pic 1.2

• Improved swipe
  • Improved performance
  • In the Lite version increased to 15 the number of Pics displayed in Full Screen Mode
  • Minor bug fix

First post updated with the Lite version

cb56

Last edited:

Witek_M

Jul 24, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Full Screen Pic 1.2

• Improved swipe
  • Improved performance
  • In the Lite version increased to 15 the number of Pics displayed in Full Screen Mode
  • Minor bug fix

First post updated with the Lite version

cb56

Sir,

You need to provide support for devices that don't have dedicated menu button but rather soft keys only. On my Nexus 10 I can't find a way to add folder. Another option needed is to hide soft keys during full screen playback.

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
Sir,

You need to provide support for devices that don't have dedicated menu button but rather soft keys only. On my Nexus 10 I can't find a way to add folder. Another option needed is to hide soft keys during full screen playback.

To open menu you can long touch the upper side of the screen; if you long touch the low side the thumbnails will shown.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try a way to hide the soft keys.

cb56

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
Full Screen Pic 1.3

This is a major release

• Improved performance
  • Added the ability to play videos
  • Improved swipe above all when pic is larger then screen size
  • Added "Toggle Full Screen" menu item
  • Added pic number to file list
  • Fixed bug that slowed the exit from the app
  • Added tips to help file
  • Minor bug fix

First Post Updated with the lite version

cb56

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
Full Screen Pic 1.5

• Transitions much faster
  • New option: "Enhanced transition effects" for fast devices

First Post Updated with the lite version

cb56

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
I have:

Google Nexus 10, no menu button
HTC One M7, no menu button
Galaxy Tab 7.7, no menu button
Galaxy S2, yes, it does have menu button and it works with your app.:)

We will study above, but could you explain how these devices works without menu? How soft keys works?

cb56

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Full Screen Pic Picture Viewer

View your photos without the irritating stripes on the sides!

A better gallery where you decide what to include and not makes you see all garbage phone images.

Compress Folder and Split Folder options are present to save very much space, best browsing and best performance.

4 GB of jpeg can be reduced to less than 2 GB!

3 Widgets that you can add to home screen

Main functions:

.the Full Screen Option can be disabled so you can use the App as a Standard Image Viewer

. you decide what to include and not makes you see all garbage phone images

.compress Folder and Split Folder options are present to save very much space, best browsing and best performance; for example, 4 GB of jpeg can be reduced to less than 2 GB!

.Immersive Mode for devices with software keys (Hide Navigation Bar for Full Screen Pics)

.ability to set the Wallpaper of the Home Screen with the Full Screen Pic, you can also enlarge the Pic to fit the screen size; process WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) is used

.3 Widgets (2x1, 4x2 and 5x3) that you can add to home screen and configure with independent pics & actions

.easy toggle pic size with double tap

.start Google Maps and Google Earth by Coordinates or close Address

.view File information, ExIf data and GPS tags and Copy to Clipboard

.slide show

.share pics with friends

.sort filelist in various ways, also by ExIf Camera Data

.clear History of viewed folders

.many configuration options

To deepen:

In still camera photography, the most common aspect ratios are 4:3 and 3:2, closer to a square shape and suitable for printing.

However, many mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktop monitors and TVs have an aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10, closer to a rectangular shape and suitable for movies.

When 4:3 or 3:2 images are displayed on a 16:9 or 16:10 device, two stips are shown on the sides of the screen and the image remains smaller.

This App solves the problem by adapting by default the image to the size of the device.

Untitled-11-238x81.jpg

Review on xda-developers Portal

Screenshot_20161215-155108.png
    Screenshot_20161215-155114.png

Screenshot_20161215-160032.png
    Screenshot_20161215-160036.png

2013-12-21-14-37-54.png
    2013-12-21-14-38-11.png

2013-12-21-14-42-02.png
    2013-12-21-14-42-13.png

2013-12-21-14-39-25.png
    2013-12-21-14-39-42.png

P1000679.JPG
    P1000680.JPG

P1000687.JPG
    P1000688.JPG

P1000693.JPG
    P1000694.JPG

1024x500_2.png

Of course, the top and the bottom of the image are slightly cut but in most cases this is not a big problem and you can however see the original image with a double tap.

In case of photos of people where may be cut off heads or feet, you could turn off the full screen display and use the app as a regular photo viewer.

If your device supports it, you can connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable and enjoy your pictures in Full Screen.

P1000671.JPG
    P1000672.JPG

Of course some mobile devices can be set to take pictures in 16:9 format but this format is not suitable for printing and does not use the sensor completely (less megapixels) so this is not a good solution.

The Lite version is limited to 15 consecutive Full Screen Pics per session, the Slide Show is also limited to 15 consecutive Pictures per session; all other functions are active and complete.
    To remove these limits you need to upgrade to the PRO version which is also AD free.

cb56
    Full Screen Pic 1.1

• Added Option to set maximum brightness when viewing Pics
    cb56
    Full Screen Pic 1.1

• Added Option to set maximum brightness when viewing Pics
    cb56

Use menu key to add shortcut... but what menu key?

Thanks again ;)

Very good app. I didn't see any bugs.