• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][2.3+][GPLv3] APKGrabber: Re-Release of APKUpdater

Search This thread

hawki

Auto downloads & installs

Is there any way to auto download and install apks? I saw the issue with apkmirror. Maybe and ad could play for x seconds with revenue flung to the or be split? Or a pro version with minimal yearly subscription? Like adsales app that I like?

Just some thoughts. Couldn't find a place to request this on github

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
Is there any way to auto download and install apks? I saw the issue with apkmirror. Maybe and ad could play for x seconds with revenue flung to the or be split? Or a pro version with minimal yearly subscription? Like adsales app that I like?

Just some thoughts. Couldn't find a place to request this on github

Just write this to GitHub and title as [FR] <yourtopic>

// Timo

Reactions: joluke

~El Julio~

Mar 31, 2016
Paris
@dhemker

Thanks for fixing the background scheduled search. Works perfectly now.
However, could you please set the APKGrabber is running notification to another channel than the one used for search progress so we could hide it ? It's clogging notification drawer & status bar unnecessarily IMHO.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Where is the apk download location for aptoide and play store? Is like to delete the apks after install.

/android/data/de.apkgrabber/cache

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
@dhemker

Thanks for fixing the background scheduled search. Works perfectly now.
However, could you please set the APKGrabber is running notification to another channel than the one used for search progress so we could hide it ? It's clogging notification drawer & status bar unnecessarily IMHO.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

/android/data/de.apkgrabber/cache

I checked that folder before asking actually, not seeing .apk files in there so didn't want to delete the files in there because I don't know what they do.

Edit: cleared the apps cache from system settings and all the files in there got deleted. So it was just cache, not data.

Last edited:

~El Julio~

Mar 31, 2016
Paris
I checked that folder before asking actually, not seeing .apk files in there so didn't want to delete the files in there because I don't know what they do.

Edit: cleared the apps cache from system settings and all the files in there got deleted. So it was just cache, not data.

Yeah, they're extensionless files of the Play Store & Aptoide apks downloads. Not optimal to work with at all and a bit weird as is since even APKGrabber updates are downloaded as apk files in /android/datamde.apkgrabber/files/
@dhemker, could you please have them (Play Store & Aptoide updates) downloaded in the download folder as .apk files like they would when APKMirror direct download was implemented ? This along with an option to delete or not the downloaded updates/apps after a successful installation would be very convenient.

Reactions: mistermojorizin

deerp

Jul 8, 2019
Also, has uptodown and apkpure stopped working for anyone else?

If you mean when APKGrabber starts scanning all your apps for updates and you get constant HTTP errors on APKPure & UPToDown then yes they have stopped running for me too. I get well over 200 errors per scan for updates. It's frustrating as I can actually manually access both sites via the APKGrabber app on the about page so can traverse both sites easily.

Reactions: WHOARETHROLL

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
I've noticed that I get crashes if I select the root install or use my Google account options. After that point I need to wipe the app's data and make sure I do not select those options, for it to work again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKGrabber
    APKGrabber is a fork of APKUpdater. Big thanks and of course all credits go to rumboalla.
    I try to develop new features and maintain the software to stay available on latest android devices, but don't expect weekly updates.

For feature requests, issue tracking, new releases and all dev related stuff see my Github page.

License
    Copyright © 2017 Rumboalla. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
    Readapted 2019 by hemker.

Contributors
    hemker

Version Information
    GitHub: latest
    APKMirror: latest
    Izzy F-Droid: latest

Created 2019-03-04
    Last Updated 2019-03-22
    Hey,
    sorry, didn't know about any agreements. New release is out, bringing back the old behavior. Furthermore, i deleted all previous artifacts containing that stuff.
    @Archon810 is anybody actively maintaining the API? I would like to get in touch to propose some questions about it. That would help making APKGrabber an up-to-date, stable app.

Best
    Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the swift action. We have been hosting APK Updater on APKMirror (last release is https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/rumbo...lease/apkupdater-1-5-11-android-apk-download/), and I'm open to now hosting APKGrabber too, as it's getting updates. Would you like that?

Would you like to chat further about the API? PM me and we can connect on Telegram.
    v1.1.10

Hey everyone, @olivercervera
    new release is out. Now targeting API level 28, featuring notification channels. Also implemented that a self-update check is triggered when the app is launched (if enabled in options). Furthermore, some build dependencies are increased.
    @nextheart @~El Julio~
    Friendly reminder: please put all development related stuff like feature requests, bugs and other issues to GitHub, otherwise tracking and priorotising such things is quite hard.

Best
    Dennis
    Hi,

Artem here from APKMirror. I'm glad someone revived APK Updater, so kudos on that!

However, the setting you added to directly download from the site now turns the app into a leech which uses up our bandwidth without giving so much as an ad or page view in return. We had an understanding with the previous author about this, and because of them we actively helped him with the fast API and did not block his app. This direct download addition to APKGrabber now, however, goes against all of that.

Please remove it, as it's against our terms of service.

Thank you for understanding.