• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][2.3+][GPLv3] APKGrabber: Re-Release of APKUpdater

Search This thread

hawki

No .apk extension

So when I download from aptode within apkgrabber, none on the files show up with an ".apk" extension. I'm on rooted Android 10 and it's been doing this for both of Sept, and Oct Android 10 versions. Possibly beta 5 or 6, but not sure about that.

I have to go and rename the file by adding a ".apk" on the end. After I do, the icon changes to the downloaded app regular icon and it will install. Never seen this before in anything I've ever downloaded.

Anyone else?

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Hey,
I will take a look into that problem in the next three weeks. Facing a long train ride where I have plenty of time to hopefully fix that.

Dennis

Another one to maybe look at is the APKMirror lookup returning updates for WearOS versions of applications when what is actually installed is the phone version. This happens even though both of these are ticked:
Exclude Other Architectures
Exclude Incompatible API Level

One example is an update for Shazam which showed up a few days ago and the page I get taken to is:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple...ar/shazam-android-wear-10-0-1-191001-release/

dhemker

Mar 23, 2017
@[email protected] The log you provided does not seem to be a valid logcat output. Take a look at @joluke logs, they contain a crash log. @joluke The error you just have encountered seems to be a permission problem. The app tries to receive a BOOTUP_COMPLETE event to set the background scheduler. Unfortunately, APKGrabber is not allowed to do so. Did you set any special permissions for this app or do you use any security policy apps? What's your platform? @Abujihad thank you very much :) Could not understand that much but your photos are pretty nice :)

Dennis

Reactions: joluke

joluke

Jan 29, 2014
@[email protected] The log you provided does not seem to be a valid logcat output. Take a look at @joluke logs, they contain a crash log. @joluke The error you just have encountered seems to be a permission problem. The app tries to receive a BOOTUP_COMPLETE event to set the background scheduler. Unfortunately, APKGrabber is not allowed to do so. Did you set any special permissions for this app or do you use any security policy apps? What's your platform? @Abujihad thank you very much :) Could not understand that much but your photos are pretty nice :)

Dennis
I will try to reinstall apkgrabber but I didn't modify any permissions on it. I'm using deluxerom 18.2 on my N950F

Edit: Still have the same crashes. No idea why

Last edited:

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Have already logged this on GitHub and am just mentioning it here for the benefit of others.

With Aptoide selected, the Substratum app always shows this error. If the app is ignored then the error goes away.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191106-142246_APKGrabber.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191106-142246_APKGrabber.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 206

GinGeae

Mar 20, 2013
Thank you so much!

I have been finding the workaround for months, thanks developer that I finally found a solution.? Definitely a big thumb up for you.? I just need to download and update my app without signing in to Google play store. :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKGrabber
    APKGrabber is a fork of APKUpdater. Big thanks and of course all credits go to rumboalla.
    I try to develop new features and maintain the software to stay available on latest android devices, but don't expect weekly updates.

For feature requests, issue tracking, new releases and all dev related stuff see my Github page.

License
    Copyright © 2017 Rumboalla. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
    Readapted 2019 by hemker.

Contributors
    hemker

Version Information
    GitHub: latest
    APKMirror: latest
    Izzy F-Droid: latest

Created 2019-03-04
    Last Updated 2019-03-22
    Hey,
    sorry, didn't know about any agreements. New release is out, bringing back the old behavior. Furthermore, i deleted all previous artifacts containing that stuff.
    @Archon810 is anybody actively maintaining the API? I would like to get in touch to propose some questions about it. That would help making APKGrabber an up-to-date, stable app.

Best
    Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the swift action. We have been hosting APK Updater on APKMirror (last release is https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/rumbo...lease/apkupdater-1-5-11-android-apk-download/), and I'm open to now hosting APKGrabber too, as it's getting updates. Would you like that?

Would you like to chat further about the API? PM me and we can connect on Telegram.
    v1.1.10

Hey everyone, @olivercervera
    new release is out. Now targeting API level 28, featuring notification channels. Also implemented that a self-update check is triggered when the app is launched (if enabled in options). Furthermore, some build dependencies are increased.
    @nextheart @~El Julio~
    Friendly reminder: please put all development related stuff like feature requests, bugs and other issues to GitHub, otherwise tracking and priorotising such things is quite hard.

Best
    Dennis
    Hi,

Artem here from APKMirror. I'm glad someone revived APK Updater, so kudos on that!

However, the setting you added to directly download from the site now turns the app into a leech which uses up our bandwidth without giving so much as an ad or page view in return. We had an understanding with the previous author about this, and because of them we actively helped him with the fast API and did not block his app. This direct download addition to APKGrabber now, however, goes against all of that.

Please remove it, as it's against our terms of service.

Thank you for understanding.