• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][2.3+][GPLv3] APKGrabber: Re-Release of APKUpdater

Search This thread

rodrigian

Jan 19, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hey i think i found a bug. So i have Google PDF viewer installed and it kept saying that there was an update available. I downloaded it from aptoide and when i went ahead to installing it it kept saying that it could not be installed. I manually looked for that apk in aptoid's web and it seems that the update i was trying to install is for a x64 device (i have a moto g4 play which rom is 32 bit) there should be a way to select or autodetect the device's architecture so as to prevent this failed installations (i know that 32 bit devices are "old" by today standards but its going to take some years for every device to be 64 bit so i think this should be adressed)

Reactions: WHOARETHROLL

Kgiga12

Dec 18, 2018
APKGrabber
APKGrabber is a fork of APKUpdater. Big thanks and of course all credits go to rumboalla.
I try to develop new features and maintain the software to stay available on latest android devices, but don't expect weekly updates.

For feature requests, issue tracking, new releases and all dev related stuff see my Github page.

License
Copyright © 2017 Rumboalla. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
Readapted 2019 by hemker.

Contributors
hemker

Version Information
GitHub: latest
APKMirror: latest
Izzy F-Droid: latest

Created 2019-03-04
Last Updated 2019-03-22
Hi there,

I downloaded apkgrabber basically to select the apps I don't wanna updated. At first automatic downloading worked perfectly but inmediatly it stopped working and I can't get to make it work again, it's very important to me to use this option

Any suggestions?

Thank you

m_a_schuster

Oct 12, 2017
Since earlier this month, Google Play store search is no longer working.
Attempts to search consistently return "Error 401 - unauthorized".
From threads elsewhere I gather that the Play Store API has recently changed.

Reactions: WHOARETHROLL

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Does anyone else's version not download anything from Google Play? It shows the update but if I clip update it'll say unauthorized even if it's a free app. And when I try to sign in with my own account it says token not received or something like that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKGrabber
    APKGrabber is a fork of APKUpdater. Big thanks and of course all credits go to rumboalla.
    I try to develop new features and maintain the software to stay available on latest android devices, but don't expect weekly updates.

For feature requests, issue tracking, new releases and all dev related stuff see my Github page.

License
    Copyright © 2017 Rumboalla. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
    Readapted 2019 by hemker.

Contributors
    hemker

Version Information
    GitHub: latest
    APKMirror: latest
    Izzy F-Droid: latest

Created 2019-03-04
    Last Updated 2019-03-22
    Hey,
    sorry, didn't know about any agreements. New release is out, bringing back the old behavior. Furthermore, i deleted all previous artifacts containing that stuff.
    @Archon810 is anybody actively maintaining the API? I would like to get in touch to propose some questions about it. That would help making APKGrabber an up-to-date, stable app.

Best
    Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the swift action. We have been hosting APK Updater on APKMirror (last release is https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/rumbo...lease/apkupdater-1-5-11-android-apk-download/), and I'm open to now hosting APKGrabber too, as it's getting updates. Would you like that?

Would you like to chat further about the API? PM me and we can connect on Telegram.
    v1.1.10

Hey everyone, @olivercervera
    new release is out. Now targeting API level 28, featuring notification channels. Also implemented that a self-update check is triggered when the app is launched (if enabled in options). Furthermore, some build dependencies are increased.
    @nextheart @~El Julio~
    Friendly reminder: please put all development related stuff like feature requests, bugs and other issues to GitHub, otherwise tracking and priorotising such things is quite hard.

Best
    Dennis
    Hi,

Artem here from APKMirror. I'm glad someone revived APK Updater, so kudos on that!

However, the setting you added to directly download from the site now turns the app into a leech which uses up our bandwidth without giving so much as an ad or page view in return. We had an understanding with the previous author about this, and because of them we actively helped him with the fast API and did not block his app. This direct download addition to APKGrabber now, however, goes against all of that.

Please remove it, as it's against our terms of service.

Thank you for understanding.