• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][2.3+] Internet Browser | Old but Gold

Search This thread

Vlad Mihalachi

Jun 16, 2012
Ferrara
vmihalachi.com
JUST FOR FUN! :p

BrowserPromoPlayStore.png

Download

If you cannot use the play store I've attached the apk

"Old But Gold Internet Browser" is the perfect internet browser for people that put simpliticty and usability first.

This Internet Browser gives you a fast all-in-one web experience - an excellent Searching, Browsing, Downloading, Video, Gaming, Shopping and Social Sharing experience at the fastest speeds!

BrowserCustom_SUPER_RENDERING.png
BrowserCustom_MAXIMUM_COMPATIBILITY.png
BrowserCustom_ULTRA_SPEED.png

Main Features

Fastest The fastest browser in the world here on Android.

Maximum Compatibility The only internet browser that can open old and new websites.

Super Rendering You have never seen how beautiful the internet can be when the browsed as "IE 6".

PhoneCustom_SUPER_RENDERING.png
PhoneCustom_MAXIMUM_COMPATIBILITY.png
PhoneCustom_ULTRA_SPEED.png

Download

Attachments

• app-release-1_2.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 561
Last edited:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Tanks for the Mamories ...

That huge scroll bar on the right side looks really cute but it takes up so much screen space.
Rendering looks, weird. Very weird.
Everything looks so big on my Nexus 4, maybe you should try and make them smaller and less intrusive.
Other than that, its pretty fast.
wow, for it's age it's the fastest browser I've used so far. it's a shame it doesn't fit that well on small screens,

Solution: Xposed and AppSettings. I set the DPI to 100, font size to 133%. Helped tame those huge objects and still readable. Render pane will remain unchanged unless it would include UI objects as well.

haha, love it, if it synched with my pc chromes bookmarks it would be my new browser. and the scroll bar is the perfect size imho
T'each 'is own :). I would love all the various browsers to sync with the chrome bookmarks and history as well. I am afraid those that do might be thrown off Play. Chrome does not run on my old but gold phone, trying a variety of smaller browsers (Chrome is a bloated mess).

Reactions: Vlad Mihalachi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JUST FOR FUN! :p

BrowserPromoPlayStore.png

Download

"Old But Gold Internet Browser" is the perfect internet browser for people that put simpliticty and usability first.

This Internet Browser gives you a fast all-in-one web experience - an excellent Searching, Browsing, Downloading, Video, Gaming, Shopping and Social Sharing experience at the fastest speeds!

BrowserCustom_SUPER_RENDERING.png
    BrowserCustom_MAXIMUM_COMPATIBILITY.png
    BrowserCustom_ULTRA_SPEED.png

Main Features

Fastest The fastest browser in the world here on Android.

Maximum Compatibility The only internet browser that can open old and new websites.

Super Rendering You have never seen how beautiful the internet can be when the browsed as "IE 6".

PhoneCustom_SUPER_RENDERING.png
    PhoneCustom_MAXIMUM_COMPATIBILITY.png
    PhoneCustom_ULTRA_SPEED.png

Download

YES!!!!
    I can't wait!
    LMAO

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

It loaded quickly and didn't crash or freeze... Nothing like the original :p

:laugh:
    The memories
    can_your_mac_do_this___by_jonasldg-d38m38w.jpg
    It loaded quickly and didn't crash or freeze... Nothing like the original :p
    Well this sent chills down my spine.
    4 ****ing stars mate....I absolutely love it! It just became the default browser on my xperia u. This goes me back in the day when I was having a pentium 3 powered pc that I'd upgraded to xp on my own (it had windows 98 when it was bought in 2000). I've been using this browser for 1 day. It's lightning fast, it's simple, but I do have some complainments. If you could fix them, I'll rate this with 5 stars:

1. The scroll bar takes a bit too much space (I'm using it on my xperia u), so consider making it smaller or removing it.
    2. When playing a video from youtube, I can't go full screen. I don't know if it's a bug or not.
    3. (You don't have to do this, but still a small complainment of mine) Please consider adding tab funcionality.

Besides these, I love it and it's great. Cheers mate.
    thanks! I did the app just for fun but if you say you like it I will see what I can do to make the experience better. :)