[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

Cyb3rGlitch

Apr 12, 2011
I'm going to need translators soon. If you understand how Lux works, and have good language skills in both English and the language you're willing to translate to, please PM me. Also note that by performing the translation, you grant me full and unrestricted use of said translation for any purpose (obvious, I know, but I should make that clear).

If the translations are of high quality, there may be a small gift involved. :)

Reactions: imilic and Ci-Fi

flash5000

Jul 11, 2009
I've one more issue to report (latest market version, using dynamic mode, on HTC Sensation with CM10):
Most of the time when I power on the screen, brightness goes instantly to the min value I set for 0 lux. It seems that the app takes a long time to obtain a sensor reading and in the meantime assumes a lux value of zero. I need to open the lux dashboard and press the refresh button for Lux to adjust the brightness.

I would appreciate to have an option to keep the last brightness value until there's a valid sensor reading. Is this possible?

Cyb3rGlitch

Apr 12, 2011
I've one more issue to report (latest market version, using dynamic mode, on HTC Sensation with CM10):
Most of the time when I power on the screen, brightness goes instantly to the min value I set for 0 lux. It seems that the app takes a long time to obtain a sensor reading and in the meantime assumes a lux value of zero. I need to open the lux dashboard and press the refresh button for Lux to adjust the brightness.

I would appreciate to have an option to keep the last brightness value until there's a valid sensor reading. Is this possible?
It should already do that. It sounds like your light sensor is reporting 0 lux initially. Can you confirm this by changing the brightness of the 0 lux value to something like 45%, and see if that's what gets set?

Cheers.

flash5000

Jul 11, 2009
It seems you are correct. The sensor reading is only updated when pressing the refresh button, it seems...

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

It should already do that. It sounds like your light sensor is reporting 0 lux initially. Can you confirm this by changing the brightness of the 0 lux value to something like 45%, and see if that's what gets set?

Cheers.
Seems you're right, it's working as described.

Interestingly, I don't have this problem with Velis Autobrightness, it seems to do something differently. Any ideas?

Cyb3rGlitch

Apr 12, 2011
It seems you are correct. The sensor reading is only updated when pressing the refresh button, it seems...

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Seems you're right, it's working as described.

Interestingly, I don't have this problem with Velis Autobrightness, it seems to do something differently. Any ideas?
It may be a bug. I'm taking a look now.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Root integration fails on my stock/rooted Verizon Galaxy S3. Superuser does have Lux as allowed. See another GS3 user with this problem, so hopefully you can fix it quickly.

Once it works, will root integration allow me to turn off persistent notification and still not get Lux killed ever? That would be great.

Also, can you explain what the new ascending mode is as compared to dynamic that I've been using?

Last edited:

Cyb3rGlitch

Apr 12, 2011
Root integration fails on my stock/rooted Verizon Galaxy S3. Superuser does have Lux as allowed. See another GS3 user with this problem, so hopefully you can fix it quickly.

Once it works, will root integration allow me to turn off persistent notification and still not get Lux killed ever? That would be great.

Also, can you explain what the new ascending mode is as compared to dynamic that I've been using?
Integration means Lux can never get killed, because it becomes a system app. Of course, you should only do this if you really need to (hence it being in advanced settings). So yeah, you can remove the notification if you integrate it.

Ascending mode is similar to dynamic mode, but it will only ever adjust brightness upward. The advantage is that you don't get jitter (for crappy sensors), and it won't constantly adjust if you're constantly moving in and our of shadows (e.g. on a train). Whenever your phone resumes from standby, it'll re-adjust to the current environment, then only change upward again.

bleuxeon

Jan 25, 2012
Near COGNAC (FR)
2 Quick questions :
- GSam Battery Monitor reports that Lux makes wide use of gyroscope :confused:
How does gyroscope helps Lux?

- On Galaxy S2 the sensor reports 1lx while your eyes can still cleary see arround:D...
Could it be possible to add a fonction in Lux that would switch to camera reading when light sensor has reach its lower limit?

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited: