[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

Haphim

Apr 25, 2009
Please add + and - to increase/decrease brightness. It's more precise than swiping the slider.
Oh dear god, yes!

More than that, add a number field where you can just type the number in directly!

I can't tell you how much time I've wasted trying to get the damned slider in exactly the right position.

erowntip

Aug 17, 2013
The volume controls on your device can control the slider.
Maybe this is obvious for people who've used Android for a while (i.e. other apps using it too), but the only reason I found out about the volume button is because I saw it in the changelog. I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else (e.g. the tour/tutorial).

The way it's designed now having soft keys would at least be possible in landscape mode. You could also make the settings and night icons smaller, move down the tour and refresh icons and add soft +/- keys in both portrait and landscape.

tommi.a

Aug 8, 2013
Yes, This app doesn't consume battery and it behaves better than the built in brightness setting.
Sorry verynuclear, it of courses consumes battery, how else should it work?
But it drains battery not so much that it eats up the gain by reduced brightness. Especially in the mode "Screen on" there is only very little effect on battery.

wilflare

Sep 28, 2013
But it drains battery not so much that it eats up the gain by reduced brightness. Especially in the mode "Screen on" there is only very little effect on battery.
trying this app now... the app is making the display wayyyy too bright

verynuclear

Aug 24, 2010
UAE
Of course it drains, I mean to say that it doesn't consume that much.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

vitoski

Mar 1, 2009
Poland
There's no Tasker variables yet. I'll add them to my to do list.

Hey Cyb3rGlitch would you please add tasker variables? I think it would be awesome extension for Tasker.I have already tried to set up Tasker to change my profile to 'Night' with specific condition (after*21:00 PM*with given lux level). However the %Light turns out the value only when the brightness change. Therefore it simply will not work properly if you are in complete darkness, because there is no brightness change.

If we have %Lux_brithness variable which keeps current lux value we will have a possibility to use it as a trigger in Tasker. In this case I could create the following profile:
If %Lux_brightness = 10 lx -> change profile to 'Night' (using plugin you have already done).*

Cheers,

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4