[APP][2.3+] Mac remote (2.0) (UPDATED 4/4)

Search This thread

mushrom

Feb 22, 2010
QEyyhcs.png

Only works on OSX devices! and requieres your phone and computer sharing same wifi network!
With this application, you will be able to control the media playback on your mac!
In a simple way, you will have a remote control in your hand, without needing to install additional programs on your computer. (SUPER EASY INSTALLATION)
ITS EVEN BETTER THAN APPLE REMOTE, AND FOR FREE!
You will be able to watch movies without getting off the couch!
With this application you will be able to control the followings media players in an individually way

-VLC
-itunes
-Iphoto
-Spotify
-Quicktime (now working)
-MplayerX
-Preview
-Keynote
-Powerpoint

Also you will be able to shutdown, suspend and adjust brightness and volume! Everything remotely!

There is an in app purchase to upgrade to FULL VERSION wich features (more features will be added in the future):
- Ad free experience
- Remote file browser and launcher

DEVELOPER NOTES:
EVERY KIND OF FEEDBACK IS WELCOME.

-- The media players' name belongs to its respective developers/companies, I DO NOT OWN THEM --

(for the ones interested, the password & username & ip of your mac are stored securely)

You can also find it on google play

SOME VIDEOS

ENGLISH

SPANISH

Attachments

• RemoteForMac.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,480
Last edited:

mushrom

Feb 22, 2010
changelog

- Added brasilian language
- Added Remote file launcher

- Quicktime Fixed
- Keynote and PowerPoint Added

-Quicktime I think still broken (apple's fault, at least doesn't work on my mac)
-Shutdown button and dialog fixed
-Added VLC FastForward and Rewind
-Added Preview Support
-Some UI fixes
-Made UI more compact
-added support for MplayerX!
-changed name
-fixed ads issue (if you purchased the ad removal but still showing, send me a mail please!)
-some menu fixes
-corrected InApp billing.
-Revamped sleep icon (the older one didn't fit..)

-Corrected some strings

-Disabled Some animations in order to fix a problem on gingerbread devices
-Some UI fixes
-Improved tutorial
-Some Bugfixes
-changed name

-Initial Release

Last edited:

spaboleo

Jul 16, 2010
This is awesome!

well done :good::good::good:

Only one suggestion:
Is it possible to add support for the Chrome Extension "Sway.fm Unified Music Media Keys"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/swayfm-unified-music-medi/icckhjgjjompfgoiidainoapgjepncej

Many Streaming Services, such as 8tracks.com or just simple youtube-Playback work within the browser.
This extension allows the usage of the Macs Media Keys with those "in page playbacks".

It would be great to have an option to send the media controls just to the OS, without any other appliction selected. Then the aforementioned Chrome extension would capture the input and redirect it. I guess that would be the easiest way. :)

Thanks for your work!

PS: I liked the Tutorial. Easy and really helpful!

a3Dman

Sep 17, 2011
Awesome app, here's some stuff to make it perfect:

- Auto connection on app start.
- Only one button for Play/Pause would be good for some apps.
- Some applications has wrong capitalization.

dagothe9

Apr 16, 2012
Genova
Awsome work!!! works flowlessy. just maybe add in the tutorial that you need to add your username and password of the mac system. because i let access to everyone but i cannot connect until i added them!!!
where can we donate for a beer? thanks!

Graphic74

Mar 4, 2013
It's fantastic, thank you so much :)

Just a question, there is a way to control Apple TV also with this your new software? Ty in advance...

mushrom

Feb 22, 2010
This is awesome!

Only one suggestion:
Is it possible to add support for the Chrome Extension "Sway.fm Unified Music Media Keys"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/swayfm-unified-music-medi/icckhjgjjompfgoiidainoapgjepncej

Many Streaming Services, such as 8tracks.com or just simple youtube-Playback work within the browser.
This extension allows the usage of the Macs Media Keys with those "in page playbacks".

It would be great to have an option to send the media controls just to the OS, without any other appliction selected. Then the aforementioned Chrome extension would capture the input and redirect it. I guess that would be the easiest way. :)

Thanks for your work!

Wow! great extension! I'm gonna look into it. :)

Note taken, :). Hopefully will be added on the next release :) (I had autoconnection in mind also, and is half baked)

Awsome work!!! works flowlessy. just maybe add in the tutorial that you need to add your username and password of the mac system. because i let access to everyone but i cannot connect until i added them!!!

I'll take a note on that! Donate for beer... There is a remove ad option wich is 1€, :) Thanky ou very much! Also I'm gonna setup the donate button on xda :)

Just a question, there is a way to control Apple TV also with this your new software? Ty in advance...

I don't own an Apple TV... but I can look into that, and if I need some beta testing, I'll contact you for sure! :)

Reactions: dagothe9

AgentBEATS

Sep 5, 2010
I can't seem to get it to work with any app. It clearly connects, and I can control the volume, brightness, and the other non-app specific functions, but not anything else. I've mainly been trying to get it to work with MPlayerX, but iTunes and Quicktime also did not work. Any ideas?

mushrom

Feb 22, 2010
QuickTime right now is broken and I don't know why... itunes and MplayerX should work... On the next release I'm planning to implement some sort of loging system to make debugging easier...

Stay tunned, but I'd avise to restart computer maybe (idk, I'm just especulating) ... wich OSX version do you have?

AgentBEATS

Sep 5, 2010
QuickTime right now is broken and I don't know why... itunes and MplayerX should work... On the next release I'm planning to implement some sort of loging system to make debugging easier...

Stay tunned, but I'd avise to restart computer maybe (idk, I'm just especulating) ... wich OSX version do you have?

Umm, OS X 10.8.2.

jmtast

Nov 11, 2010
Capital Federal
Really nice app! As I read in a comment, I'd love a fast forward/rewind option, instead of the skip by chunks (or if it's easier, a "go to *time*"). It can be implemented like the swipe to fast forward/rewind in the MacBook touchpad. Other than that, it's awesome (tested with VLC so far).

mindstate

Dec 27, 2010
New York
www.teamdeadbolt.com
First i just want to thank you mushrom for this innovative tool for our beloved android devices and our macs :D.

Ill be using this mostly for Spotify, it works well but i cannot pause the player i can only play it. Other than that works great, i can raise the volume up and down and adjust brightness as well.

Im running a Macbook late 2009 edition with 10.6.8 SL if that helps at all. Thanks again :D

lolz mclollerson

Mar 29, 2008
Works great. Thanks so much.

Is there any way to control the mouse or keyboard as well ala Unified Remote?

Also a fast forward and reverse button for MplayerX as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Hikari

Mar 3, 2012
Sarajevo
I just got a Mac yesterday. Not sure if possible but it would be great if this worked over Bluetooth. Thanks!

eww242

Dec 30, 2010
not working for me. Maybe because I am on college network and this is prevented somehow?

mushrom

Feb 22, 2010
Really nice app! As I read in a comment, I'd love a fast forward/rewind option, instead of the skip by chunks (or if it's easier, a "go to *time*"). It can be implemented like the swipe to fast forward/rewind in the MacBook touchpad. Other than that, it's awesome (tested with VLC so far).

I will look into that :) thanks for your support and feedback!

First i just want to thank you mushrom for this innovative tool for our beloved android devices and our macs :D.

Ill be using this mostly for Spotify, it works well but i cannot pause the player i can only play it. Other than that works great, i can raise the volume up and down and adjust brightness as well.

Im running a Macbook late 2009 edition with 10.6.8 SL if that helps at all. Thanks again :D

Even with the pause button? Anyway should be fixed in the following update. Your welcome! Thanks for your support!

Works great. Thanks so much.

Is there any way to control the mouse or keyboard as well ala Unified Remote?

Also a fast forward and reverse button for MplayerX as well.

Thanks.

I'll look into MplayerX ff and rw buttons, mouse and keyboard input i think is imposible, but I'll think arround :) thanks for your support!

Awesome exactly what I have been looking for, would be great if you can add Plex support. :)

Plex is unlikely to happen, I think is out of the scope of this application, also there are some apps already!

not working for me. Maybe because I am on college network and this is prevented somehow?

If they block ssh connections (Wich probably do) then you cant... You can allways create a hotspot by the phone or the mac eitherway and connect.

MplayerX problems are because the only suported version is the latest one! And quicktime fix is comming in following update :)
Also powerpoint coming! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QEyyhcs.png

Only works on OSX devices! and requieres your phone and computer sharing same wifi network!
    With this application, you will be able to control the media playback on your mac!
    In a simple way, you will have a remote control in your hand, without needing to install additional programs on your computer. (SUPER EASY INSTALLATION)
    ITS EVEN BETTER THAN APPLE REMOTE, AND FOR FREE!
    You will be able to watch movies without getting off the couch!
    With this application you will be able to control the followings media players in an individually way

-VLC
    -itunes
    -Iphoto
    -Spotify
    -Quicktime (now working)
    -MplayerX
    -Preview
    -Keynote
    -Powerpoint

Also you will be able to shutdown, suspend and adjust brightness and volume! Everything remotely!

There is an in app purchase to upgrade to FULL VERSION wich features (more features will be added in the future):
    - Ad free experience
    - Remote file browser and launcher

DEVELOPER NOTES:
    EVERY KIND OF FEEDBACK IS WELCOME.

-- The media players' name belongs to its respective developers/companies, I DO NOT OWN THEM --

(for the ones interested, the password & username & ip of your mac are stored securely)

You can also find it on google play

SOME VIDEOS

ENGLISH

SPANISH

changelog

- Added brasilian language
    - Added Remote file launcher

- Quicktime Fixed
    - Keynote and PowerPoint Added

-Quicktime I think still broken (apple's fault, at least doesn't work on my mac)
    -Shutdown button and dialog fixed
    -Added VLC FastForward and Rewind
    -Added Preview Support
    -Some UI fixes
    -Made UI more compact
    -added support for MplayerX!
    -changed name
    -fixed ads issue (if you purchased the ad removal but still showing, send me a mail please!)
    -some menu fixes
    -corrected InApp billing.
    -Revamped sleep icon (the older one didn't fit..)

-Corrected some strings

-Disabled Some animations in order to fix a problem on gingerbread devices
    -Some UI fixes
    -Improved tutorial
    -Some Bugfixes
    -changed name

-Initial Release
    hey mushrom,

support for Fidelia would be awesome! (they don't do only iphone remote)
    http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/fidelia/

This program seems really complex... wich actions would you like to perform using my app?
    This is awesome!

Only one suggestion:

Thanks for your work!

Wow! great extension! I'm gonna look into it. :)

Note taken, :). Hopefully will be added on the next release :) (I had autoconnection in mind also, and is half baked)

I'll take a note on that! Donate for beer... There is a remove ad option wich is 1€, :) Thanky ou very much! Also I'm gonna setup the donate button on xda :)

I don't own an Apple TV... but I can look into that, and if I need some beta testing, I'll contact you for sure! :)
    pinging my phone works fine:
    PING 192.168.1.132 (192.168.1.132): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=648.433 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=17.929 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=143.240 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=62.311 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=596.855 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=518.324 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=132.626 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=171.284 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=281.832 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=213.340 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.132: icmp_seq=10 ttl=64 time=122.172 ms
    ^C
    --- 192.168.1.132 ping statistics ---
    11 packets transmitted, 11 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 17.929/264.395/648.433/210.611 ms
    mactho:~ thomasgremmen$

I should be the one thanking you for your patience though. much appreciated!

That's weird, maybe the password? try to execute something like
    sudo pwd
    and enter the same password you are using...

to input the ip you have to separate with dots..

answer with the exact inputs you are using. (dont put the password, but I'll assume you are using the same you use with sudo)