Why I created this app?
I couldn't find good looking, simple and customisable remote app for mac in google play that works great out of the box.
Previously I was using the most popular mac remote by Agusti Bau http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2163664, main reasons why I create my own app was:
1) Customisation - I wanted add my custom commands like switching slides in Impress.JS, and I couldn't. So I added posibility to manage applications (adding own, hiding default items, changing order).
2) Unfortunately most remote apps on the market are ugly, so I created good looking remote.
3) I need sometimes current track info when I lying on couch, so I implemented also this option.
4) I implemented media buttons that works the same way as media keys in mac, e.g. long click on "next" button works like "fast-forward" in iTunes.
5) I use remote for several hosts (work/home), and with previous remote I had to always write ip manually. My mac.remote remember correct usernames and hosts.
Plans for future:
Mac.remote is the first product from .remote family, next linux.remote is on the way.
I share some ideas about future plans here http://www.dotremote.net/plans/55/ and I am waiting for your feedback what I can improve and which ideas are the most awaited.
You can download app from: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.szwiec.mac_dot_remote
Project page is at: http://www.dotremote.net/
In the future I will write more tips and tricks about custom configuration on the blog.