[APP 2.3+] SnapTube : Download YouTube Videos and Music Easy, fast, and free !

Search This thread

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
Snaptube: Easily download your favorite YouTube videos

248475unnamed.png

Overview & Features

Hi all! Here's SnapTube application! This will allow you to download Youtube video of your choice! You will need to be in an Android version 2.3 or higher for the application to work. The advantage compared to other apps that offer this service is that it does not include any advertisements, and offers you the ability to record video in MP4 format and in multiple resolutions! If you only want to extract the audio of the video, it is possible to do so in the MP3 format!​

DOWNLOAD IN MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS

MP4 videos are available in resolutions: choose the small size of 360 pixels or the high-definition 720 pixels.

DIRECT MP3 DOWNLOADS

Download any YouTube music video directly as an MP3 file. No extra encoding process or plugin needed. Save space and listen to your favorite music video anytime you want.

SEARCH VIDEOS WITH KEYWORDS

Search a video with keywords. Easily find the exact video you want.

DISCOVER NEW VIDEOS

Explore videos in your favorite categories like Music and Movies. Discover new videos with recommended lists from our curators.

MANAGE VIDEO DOWNLOADS

Pause, cancel or resume a video download. Delete the videos you don't need anymore. Manage all of your video downloads in one place.

NO ADS

Clean design lets you focus on your videos. No annoying ads.

Screenshots

Choose your videos according to specific categories or according to their popularity of the moment

View the most downloaded videos of the week or go directly to the interface of the Youtube application (ability to login to your account)

Simply press the "Download" button and choose the desired format and resolution!

Follow the download status of your videos and easily find the ones you have already downloaded!

Sort your songs from the Download Manager by duration, name, or status and easily navigate to the application settings!

Downloads

Download Apk file in attachment

Official Site

Attachments

• Click_me_to_install_SnapTube_tube_homepage.apk
    7.5 MB · Views: 8,393
Last edited:

arman68

Sep 22, 2006
I have been testing it for a couple of months now, on 2 devices - phone and tablet -, in parallel with the official YouTube and YouTube downloader.

I am very impressed! And thank you for making it adfree.

A few observations:

* SnapTube listens to all requests for web access. This is very annoying, as I keep getting prompted whether I want to open Chrome or SnapTube everytime an application launches a weblink. This needs to be more tightly controlled and restricted.

* Is there anyway to download videos in higher res than 720p (YTD can do it)?

* Does it automatically skip YouTube adverts (I do not know since I use xposed YouTube AdAway module)?

rodaven

Jan 17, 2013
Santiago
Almost perfect, the two only things I didn't like about it are that it's always running in background and it always appears like and option to open a web link with my browser, even when isn't a YouTube URL, just a normal website link. But in general it's awesome.

Reactions: scumpicule

WhipFlash

Aug 16, 2011
Very fast but no 1080p selection but 720p is OK though you can get 1080p on tubemate.. I like this one (fast).. Planet Earth is 1080p

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: scumpicule

loneBoat

Apr 27, 2007
This looks awesome, but some of the permissions made me nervous enough to pass for now. Can you explain the need for each of the highlighted permissions below?

(I'm not accusing you of anything - I'm just paranoid. If I'm being ridiculous or dumb just tell me so) :)

Thanks!

W7EefQn.png

UOZMiQC.png

pmredulla

Sep 28, 2012
I understand that ads are needed to sustain this free app. Snaptube used to provide an ad-free experience until the latest update (version 4) came along. I guess I will have to search for another Youtube downloader with no ads.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Snaptube: Easily download your favorite YouTube videos

248475unnamed.png

Overview & Features

Hi all! Here's SnapTube application! This will allow you to download Youtube video of your choice! You will need to be in an Android version 2.3 or higher for the application to work. The advantage compared to other apps that offer this service is that it does not include any advertisements, and offers you the ability to record video in MP4 format and in multiple resolutions! If you only want to extract the audio of the video, it is possible to do so in the MP3 format!​

DOWNLOAD IN MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS

MP4 videos are available in resolutions: choose the small size of 360 pixels or the high-definition 720 pixels.

DIRECT MP3 DOWNLOADS

Download any YouTube music video directly as an MP3 file. No extra encoding process or plugin needed. Save space and listen to your favorite music video anytime you want.

SEARCH VIDEOS WITH KEYWORDS

Search a video with keywords. Easily find the exact video you want.

DISCOVER NEW VIDEOS

Explore videos in your favorite categories like Music and Movies. Discover new videos with recommended lists from our curators.

MANAGE VIDEO DOWNLOADS

Pause, cancel or resume a video download. Delete the videos you don't need anymore. Manage all of your video downloads in one place.

NO ADS

Clean design lets you focus on your videos. No annoying ads.

Screenshots

Choose your videos according to specific categories or according to their popularity of the moment

View the most downloaded videos of the week or go directly to the interface of the Youtube application (ability to login to your account)

Simply press the "Download" button and choose the desired format and resolution!

Follow the download status of your videos and easily find the ones you have already downloaded!

Sort your songs from the Download Manager by duration, name, or status and easily navigate to the application settings!

Downloads

Download Apk file in attachment

Official Site
    You should make this as a xposed module so it can be integrated in the official app,that will make your app the best and unique

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    This looks awesome, but some of the permissions made me nervous enough to pass for now. Can you explain the need for each of the highlighted permissions below?

(I'm not accusing you of anything - I'm just paranoid. If I'm being ridiculous or dumb just tell me so) :)

Thanks!

W7EefQn.png

UOZMiQC.png
    Providing us the ability to download 1080p videos without any extra extensions makes this app even more awesome. The best YouTube downloader app you can get. Good job developer. Keep it simple and free. Kudos to you!
    I have been testing it for a couple of months now, on 2 devices - phone and tablet -, in parallel with the official YouTube and YouTube downloader.

I am very impressed! And thank you for making it adfree.

A few observations:

* SnapTube listens to all requests for web access. This is very annoying, as I keep getting prompted whether I want to open Chrome or SnapTube everytime an application launches a weblink. This needs to be more tightly controlled and restricted.

* Is there anyway to download videos in higher res than 720p (YTD can do it)?

* Does it automatically skip YouTube adverts (I do not know since I use xposed YouTube AdAway module)?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone