[APP][2.3+] Ultimate Sound Control [Root]

nagasgura

Jul 20, 2010
Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steinapps.ultimatesoundcontrol
Pro Version Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steinapps.ultimatesoundcontrolpro

This app enables you to:
  • Easily adjust the phone's ringer/notification volume, media volume, alarm volume, system volume, and call volume
  • View the current volume levels
  • Turn on or off any system sound, such as the shutter sound or low battery sound.
  • Play the currently selected sound
  • Pro Version Only: replace any system sound with a sound of your choosing, so for example, you can replace your unlock sound with the sound of a door unlocking or a gun cocking.

These modifications normally can only be made by manually editing system files, which can be dangerous and very inconvenient. This app makes the process quick and painless.

In case you are worried about accidentally messing up your sounds, the app automatically makes a backup of each sound you replace / turn off, so you can use this app risk-free.

Screenshots:

Changelog:
Code:
Version 1.2;
• Added the ability to play sounds

Version 1.1:
• Fixed an issue which caused app to crash
• Added audio feedback when changing volume

1.0:
Initial Release
If it doesn't seem to get root permissions:
Make sure that the XPrivacy app isn't blocking it from getting root permissions

If you have any questions, feature requests, or bugs, PM me and I'll fix them ASAP.

Last edited:

nagasgura

Jul 20, 2010
Thank you very much for the app, unfortunately it force closes on Jedi x 17 before it opens. But I will buy the pro version if the issue is not fixed within the next 3 days.
Does it give you an option to report the error? If so, could you do that so I can find out why it force closes?

picklmn

Jun 19, 2010
Great job I bought the paid app. Works great on my s2 running cm10.1. The only suggestion I would make would be when you change the volume slider it would give an audible feedback of how loud it was going to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

g1-and-only

Oct 1, 2009
Los Angeles
Thank you very much for the app, unfortunately it force closes on Jedi x 17 before it opens. Never mind all is well now, installed and working great. I installed the normal version then the pro. It didn't give the option to report.

Last edited:

CrimsonSmear

Dec 5, 2012
Force closes on initial run then operates as expected.

Please consider implementing filename clicking to play sound in lieu of on/off toggle, as it has it's own area.

Thank you for a great app.

Last edited:

droopyar

Jun 3, 2010
sounds

Is the application similar to alsa mixer?
Is it possible to increase system sound during a phone call? i mean to increase the mic or the earphone sound to maximum??

Reactions: SportingChap

nagasgura

Jul 20, 2010
Great job I bought the paid app. Works great on my s2 running cm10.1. The only suggestion I would make would be when you change the volume slider it would give an audible feedback of how loud it was going to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Thanks for the suggestion, I just added it in. I also fixed an issue which caused the app to force close. I added the new links to the OP and the play store update should appear in the next few hours.

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
Hey here's a sh!t load of sounds that will work nicely with this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...9/28/13][LG G2/Oppo Find 5/developer edition]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
I can't get these to download. The Dropbox file is ready for me to download, but when I tap it, it does nothing. Do I need to use a pc? I switched my phone to Web view but it still didn't work. I'm just looking for some sounds to use. I just dl this app, so I want to play around with different sounds. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

justen7723

Apr 3, 2011
toledo
I can't get these to download. The Dropbox file is ready for me to download, but when I tap it, it does nothing. Do I need to use a pc? I switched my phone to Web view but it still didn't work. I'm just looking for some sounds to use. I just dl this app, so I want to play around with different sounds. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Just worked for me, any other issues please, take them to my thread so we don't clutter this one up and confuse people.

uploadfromtaptalk1381716413205.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

nagasgura

Jul 20, 2010
New Update

I just added an update that has a new option to play the current sound, so you don't have to just rely on the labeling anymore. I added the new apk to the OP and the playstore is updating now.