[APP][2.3+][Update 09/09/13][Free/Pro]XBooster v5.1.2 - Tiny yet Powerfull App

Search This thread

gagan.u20

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
Hello peeps, I am back with a new android app for all of you.

After getting a huge positive responses (85+ %) from my ROM users who used this app, I would like to share my hard work to all of you.

XBooster has been downloaded more than half millions (51,000+) times. :D

I Gagan Singh, Recognized Contributor/Developer of XDA and the developer of this android app, proudly presenting you my app XBooster(previously known as Boost My Xperia™)

XBooster_pic.jpg

If you like my app then please give it a 5 star on Play Store and also leave a positive feedback.
All the requests, suggestions are welcomed here.

Join my official Facebook page to get updated with latest info:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/646454415368000/

Feedback from users

aneel3692001 says "Well... There it is "THE BEST APP DEVELOPED SO FAR " after lot of hard work.......aweosme bro keep modding amazing app and this app should be in system/app for each n every xperia phone its amazing ....":good::good:

mauam says "Amazing app, you're the man keep up.Thanks a lot" :good:

brakke97 says "Guy, this app is absolutely awesome! Keep developing!" :D

Linshart says "Very well done! i used memory booster before, but this app is just far more better as u can click the free memory widget as often as needed and not only once every 10 minutes :D
superb"
:D

XPS_93 says "Well done! Great work! This is what call masterpiece! It reduces much lag in gaming mode!" :D

Saingpor says "You seem to be generous man ! :good: Keep up the good work !"

Shubham87 says "Yesterday I was playing FRONTLINE COMMANDO.. I used your BOOST MY XPERIA: GAMING MODE.. And I didnt get a single lag while playing..! The best experience of all times!
Thanks a lot mate!"
- feedback taken from my rom thread.

walkwitmeinhel says "Game play awesome witout lag awesome bro apply in boot would b gr8"

cuanhckqn says "no more lag on my arc s" :good::good:

trex2808 says "Ohh thanks very much! I love this app! I've using ur rom since last 2 days & all I can say is WOW!"

Pandemic says "Thanks bro for this, works also very good on my Xperia P with 1gb of ram :D
Keep it up"
;)

danishdhanshe says "Purely awesome for gaming :D
Love this app
Thanks for sharing this wonderful app"
:good:

And many more...

What is XBooster?

XBooster (Boost My Xperia™) is a tiny yet powerful app that boosts your device's performance. Initially, I made this app for my ROM users only and after launching my new updates of rom (also the app is updated to v2.0), I thought to share this app with all of you here on XDA.
Basically its is a kinda of task manager, but actually it does more than a task manager.

This new app comes with a beautiful UI and a handy widget. There are three profiles to boost your device i.e. Gaming, Multitasking and default. Choose between any of these and you are done.

* Gaming mode is suitable for game lovers. It boosts your device and make a more free RAM available to play heavy games. If you like to play HD games in your device then first enable Gaming mode from this app and then start playing your games without lags.

* Multitasking mode manages memory and give an optimum amount of free RAM. This mode is suitable for those who love to try and have installed several apps in their device. This mode lets you to switch between several apps in a quick and more responsive way.

* Default mode reverts back the changes that are made by this app (in case if you want to remove this app).

Also there is a Quick Boost feature available in app which kills some useless background apps and make some more free RAM.
You can boost your device from the home screen by using a beautiful "Boost" widget that comes with this app or you can boost you device from app drawer by launching this app and clicking Quick Boost button.

Caution: Boosting your device may cause some apps to force close unexpectedly. You may see some FCs of apps in Gaming mode (which is normal). So enable Gaming Mode only when you want to play games.

Note: Unlike other task managers that always reside in memory, this app doesn't leave any active service to eat your RAM ( as I already told that this is more than an ordinary task manager). So don't get confuse that this app will take some extra memory, instead, it will boosts some extra free memory. :D

* This app is compatible with/without a supercharged ROM but if your ROM is supercharged then you will get Super Boost.

SuperCharged ROM (supercharged services) + XBooster = Super Boost :D

Requirements

No additional requirement except a ROOTED device. :good:

Screenshots

See attachment for screen-shots.

Download Instructions

Make a complete backup of your device (as this app will do nothing with your ROM but take backup for safe side) and then install the app as normal apk.

Download link:

Paid/Pro version download: XBooster - Pro
Free version download: XBooster - Free

Changelog:

XBooster v5.1.2
* Fixed minfree values for some devices.
* Added an option to kill system app in free version on public demand.
* Fixed layout for OSB enabled devices.
* Removed few unwanted lines of code.
* Fixed minor bugs.

XBooster v5.0.1
* New and improved layout.
* Much more better user friendly UI.
* White list to prevent apps being killed by XBooster.
* Added an option to allow the app to kill system app to get more free RAM.
* Added an option to add system apps in white list.
* Added action bar back button for Android 4.0+ devices.
* Fixed OOM_grouping values.
* Temporary removed "Show Notification" option from settings to avoid dual notifications.
* Removed several unwanted codes.
* More stable than previous version.
* Fixed some coding bugs.

XBooster v4.5.2
Added schedule boost feature.
Added show app notification in notification area.
UI changed a bit.
Fixed widget issue.
Code revised for little bit more performance.
Bug fixes.

XBooster v4.0.1
Forgot to mention changelog :rolleyes:

XBooster v3.0
App name changed from Boost My Xperia™ to XBooster.
Now app support any device/any brand that runs on Android 2.3+
DRC (Dynamic RAM calculation) check algorithm written and implemented by me for the best boost.
Option added to apply last profile on boot.
Code is revised to give optimum boost.
New code to speed up SD card reading/writing.
New code to save some battery when phone is locked or screen is off.
Overall much more smoother and faster device.

Boost My Xperia™ v2.0
First official release.
Added a beautiful UI.
Added several profiles to boost.
Added widget support.
Added user mannual.
Code is a bit more optimized.

Boost My Xperia™ v1.2
More optimezed app.
Some bug fixed.

Boost My Xperia™ v1.0
Initial released for my Zelly Cream ROM with no UI.

Note: Since this app is still under development and I am adding more new features requested by several users, you can still try this app and suggest me to make is app even more powerfull. :) :good:

Although, this app was initially developed by me to support all Xperia 2011 devices which has static RAM calculation to work perfectly with devices having 512MB RAM. So if your device has more or less than 512MB RAM then don't leave any bad comment here, I am working on it to add dynamic RAM calculation so that it can boost all the devices having more or less than 512MB RAM. :)

Again, this app is right now available for ICS/JB ROMs but in near future it will support more android devices (2.3+)

Edit: This app is now available for android 2.3+ devices.

Credits:
This app is inspired from zeppelinrox's v6 SuperCharger script. So all the credit goes to him for inspiring me to develop this app. :good:
Also, thanks to all my Zelly Cream ROM users who suggested me to add new features and widget in this app. :good:

If you like my work then just hit thanks. :)
All the request/suggestions are always welcomed. :good:

Attachments

• XBooster_by_gagan_1.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5,169
  • XBooster_by_gagan_2.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4,866
  • XBooster_by_gagan_3.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4,811
  • XBooster_by_gagan_4.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4,592
  • XBooster_by_gagan_5.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4,448
  • XBooster_by_gagan_6.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_6.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4,451
  • XBooster_by_gagan_7.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4,163
  • XBooster_by_gagan_8.jpg
    XBooster_by_gagan_8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4,140
Last edited:

danlivesey

Dec 5, 2010
blackburn
Re: [APP][ICS/JB] Boost My Xperia™ - Tiny yet Powerfull Tool [07/03/13]

Great app, don't use it for games but a quick boost instead of restarting my phone all the time. Thanks

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator

gagan.u20

Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
Have you released an update for the T then? I have not been using this as you said it would not work on the T as the RAM was different. In the ARC thread you said you had improved the code to have dynamic RAM management, and that I should keep an eye out for an update...but we are still on V2 as far as I can see.

Yes I managed the code to work with any device (2.3+) with any RAM size.
I'll release this version on Play Store and after then I'll update OP on XDA.
Also with the new version, this app will be known as XBooster. :good:

armaan.ag

Jun 23, 2010
gurgaon
Re: [APP][ICS/JB] Boost My Xperia™ - Tiny yet Powerfull Tool [07/03/13]

The widget cannot be used in adw launcher.. in adw launcher the widget selection method is very different. The option for boost my xperia is visible but there is no widget corresponding to it.
Please suggeat a fix.

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda premium

allesand

Dec 20, 2011
can you a startup at boot and a setting which of this threemodes youwill set at boot

it boost my x10minipro very nice good work

gagan.u20

Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
I am ready to launch my app on Play Store, I'll launch it within 2 days.
Before launching it on Play Store I want to share changelog of this new version:

* App name changed to XBooster because now this app will also support non-Xperia devices.
* App version is 3.0
* From 3.0, this app will support any brand running android 2.3+
* DRC (Dynamic RAM calculation) check algorithm written by me to boost performance according to device capability.
* Code revised to give best boost.
* Homescreen widget support for quick boost.
* Option to apply desired profile automatically on boot.
* New code added to reduce lags while playing HD games and watching HD videos.
* New code added for faster SD card reading/writing speed.
* New code added to save a bit of battery while device is locked or screen is off.
* Overall much more smoother and faster device.

When I'll launch my app, I'll share a link with you guys.
If you want me to add/remove/modify some features in next version then feel free to post your suggestions here. :good:

Thanks
Gagan Singh

samajid

Jul 25, 2012
Hyderabad
Great stuff gagn..just wanted to know this app plays with roms with preset lmk settings
Does it override em?
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello peeps, I am back with a new android app for all of you.

After getting a huge positive responses (85+ %) from my ROM users who used this app, I would like to share my hard work to all of you.

XBooster has been downloaded more than half millions (51,000+) times. :D

I Gagan Singh, Recognized Contributor/Developer of XDA and the developer of this android app, proudly presenting you my app XBooster(previously known as Boost My Xperia™)

XBooster_pic.jpg

If you like my app then please give it a 5 star on Play Store and also leave a positive feedback.
    All the requests, suggestions are welcomed here.

Join my official Facebook page to get updated with latest info:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/646454415368000/

Feedback from users

aneel3692001 says "Well... There it is "THE BEST APP DEVELOPED SO FAR " after lot of hard work.......aweosme bro keep modding amazing app and this app should be in system/app for each n every xperia phone its amazing ....":good::good:

mauam says "Amazing app, you're the man keep up.Thanks a lot" :good:

brakke97 says "Guy, this app is absolutely awesome! Keep developing!" :D

Linshart says "Very well done! i used memory booster before, but this app is just far more better as u can click the free memory widget as often as needed and not only once every 10 minutes :D
    superb"
    :D

XPS_93 says "Well done! Great work! This is what call masterpiece! It reduces much lag in gaming mode!" :D

Saingpor says "You seem to be generous man ! :good: Keep up the good work !"

Shubham87 says "Yesterday I was playing FRONTLINE COMMANDO.. I used your BOOST MY XPERIA: GAMING MODE.. And I didnt get a single lag while playing..! The best experience of all times!
    Thanks a lot mate!"
    - feedback taken from my rom thread.

walkwitmeinhel says "Game play awesome witout lag awesome bro apply in boot would b gr8"

cuanhckqn says "no more lag on my arc s" :good::good:

trex2808 says "Ohh thanks very much! I love this app! I've using ur rom since last 2 days & all I can say is WOW!"

Pandemic says "Thanks bro for this, works also very good on my Xperia P with 1gb of ram :D
    Keep it up"
    ;)

danishdhanshe says "Purely awesome for gaming :D
    Love this app
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful app"
    :good:

And many more...

What is XBooster?

XBooster (Boost My Xperia™) is a tiny yet powerful app that boosts your device's performance. Initially, I made this app for my ROM users only and after launching my new updates of rom (also the app is updated to v2.0), I thought to share this app with all of you here on XDA.
    Basically its is a kinda of task manager, but actually it does more than a task manager.

This new app comes with a beautiful UI and a handy widget. There are three profiles to boost your device i.e. Gaming, Multitasking and default. Choose between any of these and you are done.

* Gaming mode is suitable for game lovers. It boosts your device and make a more free RAM available to play heavy games. If you like to play HD games in your device then first enable Gaming mode from this app and then start playing your games without lags.

* Multitasking mode manages memory and give an optimum amount of free RAM. This mode is suitable for those who love to try and have installed several apps in their device. This mode lets you to switch between several apps in a quick and more responsive way.

* Default mode reverts back the changes that are made by this app (in case if you want to remove this app).

Also there is a Quick Boost feature available in app which kills some useless background apps and make some more free RAM.
    You can boost your device from the home screen by using a beautiful "Boost" widget that comes with this app or you can boost you device from app drawer by launching this app and clicking Quick Boost button.

Caution: Boosting your device may cause some apps to force close unexpectedly. You may see some FCs of apps in Gaming mode (which is normal). So enable Gaming Mode only when you want to play games.

Note: Unlike other task managers that always reside in memory, this app doesn't leave any active service to eat your RAM ( as I already told that this is more than an ordinary task manager). So don't get confuse that this app will take some extra memory, instead, it will boosts some extra free memory. :D

* This app is compatible with/without a supercharged ROM but if your ROM is supercharged then you will get Super Boost.

SuperCharged ROM (supercharged services) + XBooster = Super Boost :D

Requirements

No additional requirement except a ROOTED device. :good:

Screenshots

See attachment for screen-shots.

Download Instructions

Make a complete backup of your device (as this app will do nothing with your ROM but take backup for safe side) and then install the app as normal apk.

Download link:

Paid/Pro version download: XBooster - Pro
    Free version download: XBooster - Free

Changelog:

XBooster v5.1.2
    * Fixed minfree values for some devices.
    * Added an option to kill system app in free version on public demand.
    * Fixed layout for OSB enabled devices.
    * Removed few unwanted lines of code.
    * Fixed minor bugs.

XBooster v5.0.1
    * New and improved layout.
    * Much more better user friendly UI.
    * White list to prevent apps being killed by XBooster.
    * Added an option to allow the app to kill system app to get more free RAM.
    * Added an option to add system apps in white list.
    * Added action bar back button for Android 4.0+ devices.
    * Fixed OOM_grouping values.
    * Temporary removed "Show Notification" option from settings to avoid dual notifications.
    * Removed several unwanted codes.
    * More stable than previous version.
    * Fixed some coding bugs.

XBooster v4.5.2
    Added schedule boost feature.
    Added show app notification in notification area.
    UI changed a bit.
    Fixed widget issue.
    Code revised for little bit more performance.
    Bug fixes.

XBooster v4.0.1
    Forgot to mention changelog :rolleyes:

XBooster v3.0
    App name changed from Boost My Xperia™ to XBooster.
    Now app support any device/any brand that runs on Android 2.3+
    DRC (Dynamic RAM calculation) check algorithm written and implemented by me for the best boost.
    Option added to apply last profile on boot.
    Code is revised to give optimum boost.
    New code to speed up SD card reading/writing.
    New code to save some battery when phone is locked or screen is off.
    Overall much more smoother and faster device.

Boost My Xperia™ v2.0
    First official release.
    Added a beautiful UI.
    Added several profiles to boost.
    Added widget support.
    Added user mannual.
    Code is a bit more optimized.

Boost My Xperia™ v1.2
    More optimezed app.
    Some bug fixed.

Boost My Xperia™ v1.0
    Initial released for my Zelly Cream ROM with no UI.

Note: Since this app is still under development and I am adding more new features requested by several users, you can still try this app and suggest me to make is app even more powerfull. :) :good:

Although, this app was initially developed by me to support all Xperia 2011 devices which has static RAM calculation to work perfectly with devices having 512MB RAM. So if your device has more or less than 512MB RAM then don't leave any bad comment here, I am working on it to add dynamic RAM calculation so that it can boost all the devices having more or less than 512MB RAM. :)

Again, this app is right now available for ICS/JB ROMs but in near future it will support more android devices (2.3+)

Edit: This app is now available for android 2.3+ devices.

Credits:
    This app is inspired from zeppelinrox's v6 SuperCharger script. So all the credit goes to him for inspiring me to develop this app. :good:
    Also, thanks to all my Zelly Cream ROM users who suggested me to add new features and widget in this app. :good:

If you like my work then just hit thanks. :)
    All the request/suggestions are always welcomed. :good:
    Reserved for future use. :) :good:
    I am ready to launch my app on Play Store, I'll launch it within 2 days.
    Before launching it on Play Store I want to share changelog of this new version:

* App name changed to XBooster because now this app will also support non-Xperia devices.
    * App version is 3.0
    * From 3.0, this app will support any brand running android 2.3+
    * DRC (Dynamic RAM calculation) check algorithm written by me to boost performance according to device capability.
    * Code revised to give best boost.
    * Homescreen widget support for quick boost.
    * Option to apply desired profile automatically on boot.
    * New code added to reduce lags while playing HD games and watching HD videos.
    * New code added for faster SD card reading/writing speed.
    * New code added to save a bit of battery while device is locked or screen is off.
    * Overall much more smoother and faster device.

When I'll launch my app, I'll share a link with you guys.
    If you want me to add/remove/modify some features in next version then feel free to post your suggestions here. :good:

Thanks
    Gagan Singh
    And then all the more reason that we need the lock launcher in memory

Inviato dal mio GT-I8190 con Tapatalk 2

Ok then I'll add this feature in next version. :good:
    New version of XBooster is released with bunch of new features.
    See OP for download link.

PS: Don't forget to rate this app and give your feedback on Play Store.

Thanks